Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? (936 Views)

10 Bad Things Nigerian Christian Youths Do In Church / Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by realsammie(m): 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
I am confuse
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by mazaje(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Theologians come with your various SPAG explanations. . .
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by ayobase(m): 7:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
Somethings are allowed so that His name will be glorified, and also for sources of later testimonies to enhance others faith.

And not all those that look good are actually good!

Some are the cause of what's happening to them.

"My people perish cos they lack knowledge"
That verse is very powerful!

God is unquestionable.
His ways and reasonings are far far from ours!
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by achinaboy(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
God has created you to fend for your life and future,he don`t care
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by mazaje(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
ayobase: Somethings are allowed so that His name will be glorified, and also for sources of later testimonies to enhance others faith.

And not all those that look good are actually good!

Some are the cause of what's happening to them.

"My people perish cos they lack knowledge"
That verse is very powerful!

God is unquestionable.
His ways and reasonings are far far from ours!

This one don say him own. . .Next!

achina boy: God has created you to fend for your life and future,he don`t care

Another one done talk him own. . .

When will god come and speak for himself and tell people why he allows his beloved children to suffer needlessly?. . .
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by realsammie(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
i seriously doubt that, because the Bible make me to believe that our God is a loving and caring God
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by achinaboy(m): 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
Thats what bible said,but what did God say?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by achinaboy(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
it makes me so angry sometimes,when people die,people around usually say,God gave,and God has taking back.That is not the truth,the plane of God in your life is to be fruitful,multiply and subdue the earth,not to die young,so if someone get drunk and die from overspeeding,that is not the plan of God,u died because of your mistakes
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1150005/library-best-40-atheist-arguments#13663139

Logicboy03: [size=18pt]6) A Problem of tragedy, evil and natural disasters[/size]

[size=14pt]Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Epicurus[/size]

A great question people ask when tragedy and natural disasters happen is where is God? Religious theists can not answer this question adequately as it provides a great problem with the theory of a "good and just" God.

-Why does God allow terrible things to happen to good people?
-Why does God allow innocent children to die of starvation in Africa?
-Why does God allow natural disasters like earthquakes to kill both sinners and innocent people indiscriminately?

There are four flawed religious answers to these questions

1) God gives man freewill. We shouldnt Judge God based on what man does with his freewill!
-A natural disaster has no freewill and there is nothing man can do with his freewill against an earthquake (except run/help survivors)
-An omniscient God can not give freewill. Such a God knows everything- what will happen and when it will happen- predetermination!

2) God is punishing the wicked
(Gays destroy society false argument grin)
-Worse things even happen to those people who worship him and innocent children.
-An earthquake doesnt care if you are good or bad.
-Such a God can not be just. Why not Judge people individually rather than kill indiscriminately with floods and disaters?

3)God is doing in for a greater good! We are not omnipotent and so we can't judge
-Really? God couldnt find a better way of achieving the greater good than to let children drown in a tsunami
-Greater good for who? The societies ravaged by earthquakes? The dead victims?

4) God is not involved in these tragedies!
-Erm, he impotent or selfish not to help.

Atheist debunking christians on Hurricanes and God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nqusrn4pg
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Joagbaje(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
God is not responsible for our lives. We have the responsibility to function in his will and plans
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Joagbaje:

God is not responsible for our lives. We have the responsibility to function in his will and plans

Go preach your failed gospel somewhere else abeg. Talking like you know what God prioritizes...mtchew
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ poster

To start with how do you determine that a person is good? Man is not naturally good

Now to answer your question....

BECAUSE HE IS GOD!
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by manmustwac(m): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
realsammie: I am confuse
You need to think outside the box of religion & else where apart from your bible if you truly seek answers
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by vislabraye(m): 12:22am On Jan 23, 2013
Jesus Christ even said that in this world we would have trouble. The fact that you're christian doesn't exempt you for battle.
Even Jesus Christ who was God had to suffer and pass through similar trouble so that we could have hope.
God even allowed Jesus to die a painful death.
We tend to know God more when we pass through challenges. Don't forget that we are in a wicked world.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by billyG(m): 1:30am On Jan 23, 2013
vislabraye: Jesus Christ even said that in this world we would have trouble. The fact that you're christian doesn't exempt you for battle.
Even Jesus Christ who was God had to suffer and pass through similar trouble so that we could have hope.
God even allowed Jesus to die a painful death.
We tend to know God more when we pass through challenges. Don't forget that we are in a wicked world.
Who created d wicked world?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Joagbaje(m): 2:53am On Jan 23, 2013
Logicboy03:
Go preach your failed gospel somewhere else abeg. Talking like you know what God prioritizes...mtchew

What is failed gospel .
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Joagbaje(m): 3:02am On Jan 23, 2013

I agree with the first part. You are responsible for your life , not God. God gives his word and power as instrument for us to prosper by . What you do with the word of God determine the out come. Through his words ,instructions for living are given. If you do the word . You will experience the protection and blessing. If you don't do it . You experience the absence of the blessing in the particular area of your carelessness . The choice is yours.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words;incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes;keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them,and health to all their flesh.

he don`t caras

This last part of your post is wrong. God cares and he want every one to know his principles and by these principles make their lives successes.

Joshua 1:8
observe to do according to all that is written therein:for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

From the scripture above ,it says "thou" shall make thy way prosperous. You see it's our responsibility , to take advantage of his grace
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by greatgenius: 3:27am On Jan 23, 2013
God doesn't let nothing happen to anyone.. Everyone is responsible for and creator of their own reality.. "bad" things do not happen to " good" people unless they are choosing it..

Also it will help to define what exactly you mean by "good people " and also " bad things"..

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Kay17: 5:43am On Jan 23, 2013
Joagbaje:

I agree with the first part. You are responsible for your life , not God. God gives his word and power as instrument for us to prosper by . What you do with the word of God determine the out come. Through his words ,instructions for living are given. If you do the word . You will experience the protection and blessing. If you don't do it . You experience the absence of the blessing in the particular area of your carelessness . The choice is yours.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words;incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes;keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them,and health to all their flesh.

This last part of your post is wrong. God cares and he want every one to know his principles and by these principles make their lives successes.

Joshua 1:8
observe to do according to all that is written therein:for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

From the scripture above ,it says "thou" shall make thy way prosperous. You see it's our responsibility , to take advantage of his grace

Hence God is a means to one's goals of prosperity and happiness? How do you explain the riches of none Christians?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by ayobase(m): 12:34am On Jan 24, 2013
mazaje:

This one don say him own. . .Next!

Another one done talk him own. . .

When will god come and speak for himself and tell people why he allows his beloved children to suffer needlessly?. . .

Se ori e pe sa....who be "this one"?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Joagbaje(m): 12:58am On Jan 24, 2013
Kay 17:

Hence God is a means to one's goals of prosperity and happiness?

He provides for his children .

How do you explain the riches of none Christians?

They dont have peace . The riches they posess is temporal

Proverbs 13:22
. . . the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People? by Zodiac61(m): 1:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Because he (she, it) cannot do anything about it.
If god exists, he is useless and incapable.

(1) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About April Fool / Expect Rapture Soon / The Tree Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.