Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? (15944 Views)

What Was Your Nickname In Secondary School? / What Was Your Nickname In School / What Is/was Your Nickname In Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by wales(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
My was 007 (James Bond).
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by tomakint: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ramcie: Beyonce though it was more of mockery cos I had nothing as per backside level wink but now , God has helped me put my haters to shame. am now beautifully endowed .
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaa cry cry cry
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by phiszo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
THE THINKER because i think too much.
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Parnassuss(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
Some idiotz called me 'Kelemags' cos thats what my namesake was called but personally I was always Kc so giving me a nickname was redundant though 'Dictionary' was an off and on moniker.
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by ignis: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
They call me SwiSwi, because I was very small by then and I talk a lot. Though I hate the name.
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by equily(m): 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mine was EQUILIBRUM (abbrv; Equily) cuz of my passion 4 d topic
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by omobah: 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
;DI was celled Biri ... Meaning monkey in hause I sch in d north than but funy enough I was out with d best girl in my class grin
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Twiggy, cause I was skinny, I'm still slim now, and occasionally the nickname will come up
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by majorgr: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Well as for me i have catalogue of names: when i was in nursery school they call me gluton, why because i can consume anytin edible dat comes my way! As i advanced to primary level they gave me roborobo becuz i hav very big, cospicious white shinning eyes! As i improved to my secondary sch level, they gave my longman or sinonymously cald dictionary! Becuz i always carry abt a smal dictionary and could probably then tell all my coleague d meaning of very word they mutter. Well as i sky rocketed 2 d university, i wal cald j r i gave my self dat name cus its american short form of saying junior which is my house name. Finaly, as i reached my final year, sum people cal me mr. pres, mr. secretary, and finaly palapala- palapala meaning one who polices your money why? Because i was d secretary of a comitee dat colects money. Hope u are al entertained!
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Merrymaker: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
in secondary sch. . .no size because of ma leg. tsunami because i'm a rebel leader
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by sunnyt1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
The proff. Dudes, if you see my hair, u go shout, i ws like Shoyinka and i know book lik mad
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mine was always related to football because I loved the game

Secondary school

OSCAR after Argentine player Oscar Ruggeri

University

INZAGHI after Filipo Inzaghi

Later Kanu after Kanu Nwankwo (Because Kanu resemble me)
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
At evry level of my skulin i had different nickname for 1 reason or d other. PRIMARY SKUL: i was called BASTARD LEFT, because of d high magnitude of shot i hav on my left leg durin football matches. JUNIOR SEC SCH: i was call HELMET cos my size of head is dat of 2people. SENIOR SEC SCH: i was called TD, short form of technical drawing, i was d best tech drawin student in d skul den. In D UNIVERSITY: i was call ENGR. CHILAKPU JNR. I was d best engineering drawing student in d engineerin faculty, so i was name after d lecturer handling d course. In my street am called DOCTOR, til dis day i dnt knw hw and y dat name
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Youngk(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
"de young" not because i was d youngest but because i formed a nonregistered club during my secondary school days known as the DE YOUNG SHALL GROW Club and i became the first president and my mates started calling me de young .
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by deywarley(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
i was called ologi because apparently i looked like a yoruba actress called iya ologi then
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Henzzy(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
Professor. Cos f my outstanding performance in school.
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by deywarley(m): 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
wales: My was 007 (James Bond).
for ur mind abi
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
My nickname in Uni was Ojuigo or Bottle (for coke bottle lens) depending on which pal was calling me. I was a hopeless Efiko who wore these thick lenses that I cringe when I some of my old uni pics today! Thank God for contact lens. Those
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Bobbiman: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
My nick while in sch waz SHADOW cuz i'm a black niga who love wearng black.
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by blackboi(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
Lejoka Brown. grin
... was named after a character in "Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again" by Ola Rotimi.
I did very well in giving an impressive face to the man (Lejoka Brown) in that book cheesy
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
My sec skul friends call me Rally cos Racheal's my name, others call me Armour Bearer of God cos i love C.R.S nd i luv God. And now am fondly called Omodaddy cos of d way my daddy adores me.
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
My sec skul friends call me Rally cos Racheal's my name, others call me Armour Bearer of God cos i love C.R.S nd i luv God. And now am fondly called Omodaddy cos of d way my daddy adores me or Tallest cos am very tall
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Tembox(f): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i was called paracetamol ...dats my nickname.so funny when i was in sss2 d teacher ask what is the symptoms for malaria ,i jumped up and say paracetamol ...laf

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by SpicyMimi(f): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
8ack in pry school days, i was nicked '' Mummy's pet''' cause my mum was alwys in my school to monitor me and also to scold whoever tries to bully/fight me! Students were really scared of me back then! grin

Uni- Sexy and Snakie....because of the way i twist my hips while walking. I hate d nick 'snakie' with passion!
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by tonididdy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
Spent 14years in portharcout schooling...then i came to benincity to school in ss1,2,3 thats when the gave me the name 'CALABAR' cos i really sounded like one and meanwhile i be benin boy sad
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by daliki: 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
"Shurddie" in Uni(cos I was short) and "Swexie fellas" in Sec.(Swexie means*sweet nd sexy*,my friend n I,me was sweet n she was sexy!!!!! smiley
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Hotp(f): 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hotlicious because i look so hot
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Tkay2(m): 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
I was called fire back in st gregory's college..
B'cos i had a way to light things up in my own unique way(i don't believe in impossibilies).
That why i ventured into this HUGE opportunity of wealth creation in an oil and gas network biz which is very lucriative in oil rich countries (Nigeria,Ghana,US,etc).
For more info send me a mail...
akuson.henry@gmail.com
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by sunnyt1(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
dayokanu: Mine was always related to football because I loved the game

Secondary school

OSCAR after Argentine player Oscar Ruggeri

University

INZAGHI after Filipo Inzaghi

Later Kanu after Kanu Nwankwo (Because Kanu resemble me)

For your mind, Kanu resemble you

abi na u resemble kanu
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by Revolva(m): 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
Horse dick
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by poweredcom(m): 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
I boading house back then ...na MC fucker dem dey call me ooo

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why? by killzill: 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
ERU(Designer) Because i wore the most expensive stuff back then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Things That Could Get You Sanctioned At Nigerian Islamic Universities / Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME / Seyi Makinde Attends Children's Day Ceremony In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.