Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Talking With Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Talking With Your Ex (2051 Views)

Heard A Man's Deep Voice And My Lady Talking With A Moaning Tone On Phone / Trouble Talking With My Girlfriend / My Girlfriend Enjoys Talking With Me The Bathroom While I Take A Dump! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
Do any of you still talk with your exes?

I usually don't. I try to wean them off slowly but my last one keeps calling. Like last night he called 4 times, I picked up on the last call and was talking about how I don't call to check up on him anymore.

He talks to me as if we are still together. Says he misses me, brings up certain memories. The only thing that has changed is that he doesn't call me pet names anymore. Its not that I don't care about him but certain factors led me to end things. I'm trying to move on but these calls multiple times a week [regardless if I answer or not] are preventing that from happening.
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Andybaby: 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
YES
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yes, I do talk with my latest ex.
Re: Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
Andy-baby:
YES

why? is it weird?
Re: Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
miss-sweety86:
Yes, I do talk with my latest ex.

Why? do u feel like they still want to get back together or are u guys just friends?
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
KateSpade:

Why? do u feel like they still want to get back together or are u guys just friends?

more complicated than that but I can't tell more because my new year resolution was to stop sharing my issues online and seeking advice from strangers....

1 Like

Re: Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
miss-sweety86:

more complicated than that but I can't tell more because my new year resolution was to stop sharing my issues online and seeking advice from strangers....

haha good resolution.

1 Like

Re: Talking With Your Ex by greedie1(f): 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
i have only one ex and we are good friends, so yes, i still talk wit him.

1 Like

Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
I make sure to remain friends with my past partners...u don't want anyone using ur weakness against u.
Re: Talking With Your Ex by DigitalSignal(m): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Why not? Yes.
Re: Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
binger: u don't want anyone using ur weakness against u.

what do u mean by that?
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yes, I talk to him, we're still friends but of course we don't talk as much as we used to. I usually try to part with people in good terms cos you never know what the future holds, you might need their help or connection.

1 Like

Re: Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
DigitalSignal: Why not? Yes.

I can't. Its not that I hate them I just don't see how it will do me any good.

2 Likes

Re: Talking With Your Ex by Mynd44: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
I am in good terms with them. I don't believe in making permanent enemies
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
KateSpade:

what do u mean by that?
e.g If u should have a skeleton in the cupboard that she know's about, being an enemy to her is risky,cos she might use that info against u to get even.
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
I'm not friends with any of my SERIOUS exes only flings....I really don't see the need keeping in contact with people I shared unfulfilled dreams with. And in the spirit of fairness since I wouldn't like my wife talking to her Ex why should I do the same?
Re: Talking With Your Ex by DigitalSignal(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
KateSpade:

I can't. Its not that I hate them I just don't see how it will do me any good.
Nobody knows what tomorrow is bringing. One may need the other in the future! But, it 's ok as long as you're in good terms and are free with each other. At least if you should meet again tomorrow you could talk freely.
Personally, if I should break-up with a girlfriend, I'd try as much as possible to make sure we're in good terms. Besides, we once shared something, so...?
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
I still remain friend to all my EXes except ONE. She vowed to eliminate me but I see Jesus turning her hatred to LOVE. Nothing my jehova cannot do,the unchangeable changer.
Re: Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Morayo747: I'm not friends with any of my SERIOUS exes only flings....I really don't see the need keeping in contact with people I shared unfulfilled dreams with. And in the spirit of fairness since I wouldn't like my wife talking to her Ex why should I do the same?

feel the same way
Re: Talking With Your Ex by queensmith: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
you know the biggest weapon anyone can have with their ex's is communicating, when you shut them out, it gives the illusion you are in a much better place and simply have no need for them anymore. that creates a terror of regret. At the same time when you do keep in touch, both of you are relaxed and sometimes even feel relief at the end of the relationship (if you are a vindictive being like yours truly you never want that, you want him to forever regret not being with you cheesy)

There are x's I simply cannot stand, and they always call, i speak to some past *ehem* I honestly think I only keep them around for potential *queensmith moments* or if mr boyfriend misbehaves. wink

If you are in a serious relationship I think you should avoid it, its pointless, unless you both have a business or some other form of shared interests that communicating will benefit its unnecessary, let everyone just move on with their lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talking With Your Ex by Mynd44: 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
^^^
Re: Talking With Your Ex by KateSpade(f): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
queensmith: you know the biggest weapon anyone can have with their ex's is communicating, when you shut them out, it gives the illusion you are in a much better place and simply have no need for them anymore. that creates a terror of regret. At the same time when you do keep in touch, both of you are relaxed and sometimes even feel relief at the end of the relationship (if you are a vindictive being like yours truly you never want that, you want him to forever regret not being with you cheesy)

There are x's I simply cannot stand, and they always call, i speak to some past *ehem* I honestly think I only keep them around for potential *queensmith moments* or if mr boyfriend misbehaves. wink

If you are in a serious relationship I think you should avoid it, its pointless, unless you both have a business or some other form of shared interests that communicating will benefit its unnecessary, let everyone just move on with their lives.

Wow this really spoke to me. thanks!
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Baba419(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
It's been three months, still see her at least once a week at the workplace angry, whenever we talk outside that we try to f?$k, BUT the problem be say her new boyfriend na pastor wey dey see beta vision tongue cry
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Youngpo413: 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
KateSpade: Do any of you still talk with your exes?

I usually don't. I try to wean them off slowly but my last one keeps calling. Like last night he called 4 times, I picked up on the last call and was talking about how I don't call to check up on him anymore.

He talks to me as if we are still together. Says he misses me, brings up certain memories. The only thing that has changed is that he doesn't call me pet names anymore. Its not that I don't care about him but certain factors led me to end things. I'm trying to move on but these calls multiple times a week [regardless if I answer or not] are preventing that from happening.

your ex is still a baby,he needs to grow up..
Too weak for my liking,girls full everywhere,he should just pick one and move on.
I cant imagine calling someone who dumped me,thats stalking and it will make her feel like a queen or believe you cant survive without her,too bad.
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Agybabe(f): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
Depends on how we broke up.

1 Like

Re: Talking With Your Ex by theplanmaker: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
I dnt av exes , if we broke up, den it never hapend, infact I don't knw u

2 Likes

Re: Talking With Your Ex by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
I do and I don't .it depends on the way or what led to the break up..
Re: Talking With Your Ex by Youngpo413: 4:53am On Sep 03, 2014
theplanmaker: I dnt av exes , if we broke up, den it never hapend, infact I don't knw u

correct
Re: Talking With Your Ex by yinkeys(m): 5:01am On Sep 03, 2014
Y do I get the feeling girls know how to move on better

(1) (Reply)

What Song Brings You Memories / Woman Watching 50 Shades Of Grey Arrested For Masturbating At Movie Theater / 6 Signs Your Ex Wants You Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.