Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160436 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by KingMoney(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2015
it sounds fine until I put on d A/c, Pls wot do u mean by misfire? Yea I did some repairs,the power steering fluid was leaking so had to change d power steering hose, I bought d car recently,a Nigerian used, so am not certain if the previous owner changed d spark plug or not.as to the engine mounts,Pls how do I find out if it's broken or wornout, other than asking d mechanic.tanx
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2015
KingMoney:

it sounds fine until I put on d A/c, Pls wot do u mean by misfire? Yea I did some repairs,the power steering fluid was leaking so had to change d power steering hose, I bought d car recently,a Nigerian used, so am not certain if the previous owner changed d spark plug or not.as to the engine mounts,Pls how do I find out if it's broken or wornout, other than asking d mechanic.tanx

Misfire occurs when either the sparkplug, sparkplug coil or wire harness has a fault or loose or bad. The engine won't have a smooth firing sound and would be vibrating. You said your car is a 2.4L 4 cylinder engine, if that engine have any misfire in any of its cylinder, its gonna behave quite violently and erratically. You should check your dashboard, is your Check Engine Light on, is it blinking or it is just permanently on? Does your rev counter/tachometer idle smoothly or does the needle in the gauge dance unevenly?

You should also check your Fuel filter, air filter, PCV, fuel lines and vacuum lines. At this point, since you don't know much about cars, I'd advice you scan the car.

How long have you owned the car before this issue or did you inherit the car with this issue?
Where is your location?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by conyema12(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
Thank God for this forum.

I want to buy Toyota Rav4 2007 model.
I want to know if am making the right choice. I so much like the design but I have not driven one b4. I hope its very durable and has good fuel economy as well.

Please I need to make an informed decision.

Thank you
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2015
conyema12:
Thank God for this forum.

I want to buy Toyota Rav4 2007 model.
I want to know if am making the right choice. I so much like the design but I have not driven one b4. I hope its very durable and has good fuel economy as well.

Please I need to make an informed decision.

Thank you

Buy it
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by conyema12(m): 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
lomomike:

Buy it

thanks bros.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by KingMoney(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
How long have you owned the car before this issue or did you inherit the car with this issue?
Where is your location?
oh den the car doesn't misfire,d engine light is off and d tachometer idles smoothly,alryt will check those wen next am servicingredients the ride.just bought the car some weeks back,so definitely it's an inherited prob!!am presently in lag(ijaniki)
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by oNj(m): 9:19am On Feb 04, 2015
Hi pals,

What's the right oil to use when servicing 09 Corolla?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by blackfm: 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hey house, I've been having problems with my 2005 corolla AC.
It cools well when I'm speeding but stops cooling when in traffic. I changed the condenser that was leaking, serviced compressor, refilled the gas and rewired the fan to start working when I turn on the ignition. It still hasn't changed and I noticed it now consumes more fuel.
Please advise
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dayco(m): 2:52pm On May 29, 2015
removed!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dayco(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2015
These are some of the pictures he sent to me...

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dayco(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2015
Cont'd

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dayco(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2015
This was our chat.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dayco(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2015
Discussion cont'd

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dayco(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2015
Cont'd

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 29, 2015
Bros, beware of OLX deals.
A lot of scams.

I'm not saying this is or isn't. But becareful.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 6:52pm On May 29, 2015
Dayco:
Good afternoon good people of NL. Please I need your advice about something bothering me. I got a job in 2012 in a commercial bank in the east. Since then, I have been able to save up #500,000 though with the help of some persons. I have been planning on investing in commercial transportation business since it has been favouring my late Dad. As the first son of my mum, I share most responsibilities that has to do with finances. Now that I have gotten #500,000 cash and luckily for me, I got a driver who is willing to drive at hire purchase. I got a lawyer too who is willing to manage the business since I am an operation staff in the bank, I hardly have time.
I browsed OLX and was able to get in touch with a guy that advertised a Toyota sienna for #780,000. When I called the number a man who claimed him name is Adeyemi somebody picked up and was very nice on calls. We discussed and he said he is at Ogun state and that he is a custom officer. That they have vehicles which they do Option sales. That the particular one that was advertised on OLX has been picked and deposit made by someone else. He said they have other nice vehicles that I will like. We agreed and he sent me pictures of a sienna saying I can get it at #500,000 bit that I will be making other miscellenous expenses that #530,000 will get me the car. I will make a snap shot of our chats so as to advise me if the guy is a fraudster or genuine since I am not in Ogun state to know if he was losing or not. Please see pictures and advise me.
Regards!
You dont need Babalawo to tell you that this is a pure SCAM... And please, dont pay a kobo into anyone's account.. Apply wisdom in your dealing with the man!!

Good luck

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Unionised(m): 7:22pm On May 29, 2015
Please how much is Tokunbo Rav4 Engine?

2001 -2004 model.

Urgent. Thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ubiquitousade(m): 11:10pm On May 29, 2015
Dayco:
Good afternoon good people of NL. Please I need your advice about something bothering me. I got a job in 2012 in a commercial bank in the east. Since then, I have been able to save up #500,000 though with the help of some persons. I have been planning on investing in commercial transportation business since it has been favouring my late Dad. As the first son of my mum, I share most responsibilities that has to do with finances. Now that I have gotten #500,000 cash and luckily for me, I got a driver who is willing to drive at hire purchase. I got a lawyer too who is willing to manage the business since I am an operation staff in the bank, I hardly have time.
I browsed OLX and was able to get in touch with a guy that advertised a Toyota sienna for #780,000. When I called the number a man who claimed him name is Adeyemi somebody picked up and was very nice on calls. We discussed and he said he is at Ogun state and that he is a custom officer. That they have vehicles which they do Option sales. That the particular one that was advertised on OLX has been picked and deposit made by someone else. He said they have other nice vehicles that I will like. We agreed and he sent me pictures of a sienna saying I can get it at #500,000 bit that I will be making other miscellenous expenses that #530,000 will get me the car. I will make a snap shot of our chats so as to advise me if the guy is a fraudster or genuine since I am not in Ogun state to know if he was losing or not. Please see pictures and advise me.
Regards!
SCAM. SCAM. SCAM
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 9:48pm On May 30, 2015
ubiquitousade:
SCAM. SCAM. SCAM
run for ya life. never ever do it

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 11:28pm On May 30, 2015
AM A DIE HARD LOVER OF TOYOTA AVALON.... WILL BE GETTING ONE SOON!!!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sonnie10: 12:58am On May 31, 2015
Stancity:
AM A DIE HARD LOVER OF TOYOTA AVALON.... WILL BE GETTING ONE SOON!!!

I just cleared one from the port today, I am still thinking whether to use or sell. Its an 06, the ride is just too sweet.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 1:27am On May 31, 2015
sonnie10:

I just cleared one from the port today, I am still thinking whether to use or sell. Its an 06, the ride is just too sweet.
You can use it,give review and possibly put it up for sale later..

Hope the price of the 06 is friendly?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sonnie10: 1:50am On May 31, 2015
Stancity:
You can use it,give review and possibly put it up for sale later..

Hope the price of the 06 is friendly?

Everything totaled #2M
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 2:07am On May 31, 2015
sonnie10:

Everything totaled #2M
Its fair enough coupled with the crazy dollar exchange.... What's the mileage?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sonnie10: 2:12am On May 31, 2015
Stancity:
Its fair enough coupled with the crazy dollar exchange.... What's the mileage?

85000 miles.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2015
sonnie10:

85000 miles.
Wow... The ride Still has a long way to go... Enjoy man..

I read through your profile and find out you buy and sell.. Thats great!! May hit the contact wink
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sonnie10: 2:19pm On May 31, 2015
Stancity:
Wow... The ride Still has a long way to go... Enjoy man..

I read through your profile and find out you buy and sell.. Thats great!! May hit the contact wink

Thanks. Anytime, you certainly would not regret making the call.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 2:29pm On May 31, 2015
sonnie10:

Thanks. Anytime, you certainly would not regret making the call.
Alright bro i got it..
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 6ft: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2015
HELP NEEDED!
toyota camryxle 2004 i4
power reduces upon ascending hills, no cel on , hv chgd spark plugs to iridium oem, chg fuel pump too...problem presists tho

sm1 pls help!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2015
6ft:
HELP NEEDED!
toyota camryxle 2004 i4
power reduces upon ascending hills, no cel on , hv chgd spark plugs to iridium oem, chg fuel pump too...problem presists tho

sm1 pls help!
CC: Gazzuzz, Lomomike.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by iCool(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
6ft:
HELP NEEDED!
toyota camryxle 2004 i4

sm1 pls help!

CEL indicator bulb might be gone. Try to do a scan first. Suspend throwing parts at the problem.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by osastoba: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2015
Please, I use a Toyota Camry 2001 model. The fuel consumption has been worrisome in the last one month. I need help about the likely problems because my mechanic told me it was due to the Engine plugs which was corrected. Despite this, the fuel consumption is much and disturbing. It wasn't like that when I got the car over a year ago. help!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.