Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector (7957 Views)

Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US / Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV / Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Maxymilliano(m): 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
The Senate on Wednesday confirmed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki and Chinedu Osita Nebo as ministers of the Federal Republicof Nigeria.

The names of Misters Turaki (Kebbi State)and Nebo (Enugu State) were forwarded to the Senate by President Goodluck Jonathan for confirmation last week.

The lawmakers unanimously approved the appointment of the ministerial candidates after the nominees were adjudged to have satisfactorily answered questions posed to them by Senators.

Mr Nebo, a former Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, practically turned the question and answer session into a lecture.

He thrilled the lawmakers with mastery of contemporary issues in the country and the way forward.

Asked how he intends to deal with the mafia in the power sector if appointed Minister of Power, Mr Nebo said that he would chase out the demons frustrating the growth of the sector.

He said that some highly placed Nigerians still believe that witches are responsible for the problems in the power sector “but I believe that God will give me the power to chase out the demons in the power sector.”

He eulogized the immediate past Ministerof Power, Barth Nnaji, describing him as a“professional to the core, who was committed and did his best for the power sector but unfortunately something happened.”

The ministerial nominee said that since he is aware that banana peels litter the landscape of the country, he would be careful.

He added that if given the opportunity to serve as Power Minister, he would, God being on his side, chase out the demons in the sector.

The nominee also said that he would study what is on the ground in the sector to enable him determine the best way to deal with problems in the sector.

He also said that power generation for the country was grossly inadequate taking into cognizance the population of the country.

He noted that no house should be connected to the national grid if it is not certified to be ready for connection.

Mr Nebo said that the country could create over 10,000 jobs by engaging those who would check houses that are ready for electricity connection.

On Ajaokuta Steel Complex, he described it as “a giant in comatose” and added that “by the spirit of God that giant will rise one day.”

He said, “Sometimes, I weep for the country. If it is conspiracy problem that killed Ajaokuta, why do we allow ourselves to be used to injure our unborn children?

“We need more patriotism as a nation. Ajaokuta remains a giant in comatose but by the spirit of God that giant will rise one day.”

He said that Ajaokuta Steel Complex and Delta Steel Rolling Mill should have turned the fortunes of the country around“but we missed it.”

Mr Nebo also answered questions on insecurity in the country, graduate unemployment and how to revive interesting the study of the country’s local languages.

On his part, Mr Turaki answered questions on how to combat insurgency especially in the northern part of the country, the problem of corruption, plea bargain, the petroleum industry and the electoral process.

After confirming the nominees, Senate President, David Mark congratulated them and asked them to match their answers with performance.

He said, “The nominees were very frank in answering questions. If by the time they are appointed they match their words with performance, they would have performed well.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/23/i-will-chase-out-the-demons-in-power-sector-ministerial-nominee-tells-senate/

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Tolexander: 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
i pray say make the bushmeat no catch the hunter in the process of chasing daemon.
It is easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by fkaz(m): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Going by prof statement, the man will bring changes in any ministry he find him self.

But i just pray jona will not inflict his cluelessness on him
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by obicentlis: 11:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
I trust Prof Nebo, he will do well unless PDP spirit enters inside him.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Maxymilliano(m): 7:08am On Jan 24, 2013
I admire his confidence though, hope he doesn't get consumed by the demons...

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by profola2be(m): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2013
My Prof. Nebo,I think you need to go and ask Prof. Berth Nnaji about that ministry.
Honestly,if you have your way,I would have suggested that,you ask for another ministry.
Late Chief Bola Ige almost got his integrity soiled in this same Power Ministry!
I even doubt it,if the President will succeed,if even he turns himself into a workaholic Minister in that Power Ministry!
Prof Berth Nnaji almost got it right,before the devil that rules the power ministry surfaces again!
May God help you through.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Buchianom(m): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2013
GEJ has once more shown his commitment in the power sector by his choice of Prof. Nebo,looking back at the way he crushed the likes of Ikejiani $ sm stubborn professors bak in UNN;I am optimistic he wld revamp the power sector fr good. Congrats Prof. Chinedu Ositadimma Nebo!

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by ssainty(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2013
i hope he will not be religionalizing the politics to confuse us.pls oh prof,Evangelist Nebo don't dissapoint all dis pple dat believed in u over the years..Congrats anyway
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Toktee(m): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2013
Pastor Nebo,demon chaser,it iz only in pdp you hear promise like this,jonaboy said during hiz campaign in minna that he will declear state of emergency in power sector,up to this point he is still looking 4 demon chaser
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:52am On Jan 24, 2013
Toktee: Pastor Nebo,demon chaser,it iz only in pdp you hear promise like this,jonaboy said during hiz campaign in minna that he will declear state of emergency in power sector,up to this point he is still looking 4 demon chaser

Point of correction, it wasn't GEJ that promised to declare a state of Emergency on power, it was Yaradua.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Maximus17(m): 9:55am On Jan 24, 2013
pls may this be done according to what you`ve said mr Nebo
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by malignant1: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2013
space reserved
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by dridowu: 9:58am On Jan 24, 2013
D only demon are perish destruction party
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by dridowu: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2013
D only demon we have in 9ja perish destruction party
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by beylinko(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2013
It is evident this man has the spirit of God in him. He answerd each questions by telling them he can do it wit the help of God. I pray he doesnt miss at d long run.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by ckkris: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Majority of Nigerians underestimate how far the country has travelled in the wrong direction. If Prof Nebo can resist the allure that distracted Nnaji, it is quite possible to methodically tame and domesticate these NEPA MONSTERS.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by MaziOmenuko: 10:15am On Jan 24, 2013
I'm interested in what turaki said would be his strategy in combating insurgency in the north.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Nonybb: 10:20am On Jan 24, 2013
We shall seeWe shall seeWe shall see
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Eazeee(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2013
Chai Nigerians. Always using God's name 2 achieve dia selfish n corrupt interest. God has already given everybody d power 2 chase out demons so i dont c anytin special about wat dis sycophant said. Simple question is how do u intend 2 transform d power sector? Make sure u dont use Gods name 2 explain ur corrupt plan but a simple n realistic analysis. Nigeria is stil on a long tin

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by solomon111(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2013
Smh.
This dude has just exposed himself to ridicule by accepting this post.
Nigerians do not want to be helped.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by vanstanzy(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2013
I just knew they would be talking of Rev. Chinedu Nebo. grin grin grin grin grin Well, while he's at it, let him put IBB, Atiku and co under his radar. They are the main demons in the power and entire Nigerian sector. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Belmot(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2013
When he gets there and see what those demons look like then he'll understand why that ministry is a lions den.He has already drawn the battle line let's wait and see who will cross..... him or the demons.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Pet79(m): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2013
It is easier said than done only time will tell.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Clemzy16(m): 11:28am On Jan 24, 2013
Who is the demon?! And who is the chaser?! Coz last time i checked, they're all the-same.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Mrthunzzz09(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2013
i just pray that God wil forgv us 4 acceptin 2 b poor when he ordained us 4 riches. May our leaders, xpecially in d power sector, b humane enuf n do wot's rit dis time. Onye obula bu onye ozi uru ya ka oru ya ga ata afufu diri ya.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by vanstanzy(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2013
Asked how he intends to deal with the mafia in the power sector if appointed Minister of Power, Mr Nebo said that he would chase out the demons frustrating the growth of the sector.
He said that some highly placed Nigerians still believe that witches are responsible for the problems in the power sector “but I believe that God will give me the power to chase out the demons in the power sector.”

"As much as i believe in God and demons, and i believe evil lurks in the power sector. But with the little i know, one doesn't offer spiritual explanations for economic or political problems."

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Desdola(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2013
With what Nebo did in UNN, I believe if given the free hands to operate and not disturbed by the so-called 'demons' he would turn the power sector for good. Congrats on his appointment

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by tolulope407: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2013
Dear God, Eh Papa God! Help this prof o. So dt my igbo brodas can thrive in other bizneses EXCEPT sales of generators!
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by sweetgala(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2013
I fear for this man, He has declared war on this MONSTERS, and i'm sure the crooks and interests groups would have called an emergency meeting on how to deal with this new threat. Nah to be careful now.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by ckkris: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
Please don't hide the posts. Criticism and opposition are very helpful in life. That's why and how the USA is progressing faster and more stable than intolerant nations. And Nigerians aspire to be as progressive as the US , and not emulate backwards looking peoples, like the defunct Soviet Union, North Korea, or even China.
Re: Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector by Gboliwe: 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ok o! May God help him and give him the right koboko. For every devil or demon, there is a koboko.

Where is the Turaki minister heading. He appears not to be vocal unlike the Prof.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined / Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon / Fashola's Twitter Account Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.