Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro (957 Views)

Blame Obasanjo For Yar’adua, Jonathan’s Failure — Bakare / Senate Rejects Nobel Prize Nomination For Yar’adua / Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by Mamajama(m): 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2008
Inspector General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro, declared in Lagos, on Monday, that he was ready to die for President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. He urged his men to be prepared to die for the president and the nation.

Explaining why he was ready to make the supreme sacrifice, Okiro told over 500 officers at the Zone “2” Command Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos that Yar’Adua was a listening president, who had been granting every request of the police.
He said: “If someone pays you good wages and takes care of your welfare, you must be ready to die for that person. Now policemen should stop collecting N20 on the road because the president is doing his best for us and we must also be at our best

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/mar/04/national-04-03-2008-002.htm
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by BigB11(m): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2008
Bravo to Okiro for picking a right choice; there are some other folks that would also die for OBJ as long as stealing police government fund is permitted.
Don't let me mention name, I think the message is already been delivered.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by idupaul: 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2008
NOBODY IS SAYING U SHOULD DIE ANY PRESIDENT, AL WE R SAYING IS DO A GOOD POLICING JOB AROUND THE COUNTRY, NOT ALL THIS EYE SERVICE TALK
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by jesusfreak(f): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2008
if i were a policeman, i wuldnt die for anyone

im a policeman not a matyr

grin
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by 4Him(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
Okiro will die for Any Government In Power.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by Encomium(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2008
What do you expect from him who became IG of police based on favouritism. He is only assuring the man that placed him there instead on the rightful person (Ogbonnaya Onovo) that happy doing the boy - boy job. Is there anything good that will come out of election riggers?.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by Mamajama(m): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2008
@BIGB1 as an advocacy for good leadership as you project yourself. Let me ask you question is this a good display of character by MR MIKE OKIRO to challenge his men to die for another man? What makes Yar Adua special beside the title that he holds?

How do you compel or encourage people that you can not motivate to tackle crime to die for another person? Does he Yar ADUA single handedly increase the police pay or was it approved by the senate? Where did the initiation come from?
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by oldie(m): 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2008
I am not too sure about Ogbonnaya Onovo as the rightful person to be IGP
But that is neither here nor there
Okiro is a typical civil servant, who would say and do anything to be in favour of the GIP (Government In Power)
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by JayFK(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2008
That was a dumb statement by Mr. Okiro, he shoulda stated that he was ready to die for Nigeria instead. Whether you like him or not Yar'Adua came to be president by fraudulent means.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by abiodunade(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2008
I BELIEVE THE IG DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF WHAT HE SAY. IF AM THE PRESIDENT, I WILL IMMEDIATELY REMOVE HIM FROM OFFICE BECAUSE HIS NOT A PATROTIC NIGERIAN DAT SHOULD B PLACED IN A VERY SENSITIVE OFFICE LIKE D ONE HE IS OCCUPYING RIGHT NOW. IF 2MOROW A THIEF BECOMES D PRESIDENT, PEOPLE LIKE OKIRO WILL LIKE TO DIE FOR CRIMINALS NOT D COUNTRY. I REST ME CASE, LET HIM DIE SO DAT JUNIOR OFFICERS CAN BE PROMOTED.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by BigB11(m): 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2008
Let us all calm down; it's not that serious!

This statement is nothing, but a mere figure of speech. "I'm ready to die for Yar'Adua could simply mean":
1. I admire the leadership qualities of my boss
2. I'm dedicated to my boss
3. I'm dedicated to the Republic of Nigeria
4. I'm dedicated to my duties.

The man is simply acknowledging the honesty and sincerity attitude President Yar'Adua has brought back to Aso Rock.
Absolutely, nothing wrong with this statement. It would have been a different case if Okiro was referring to OBJ.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by BigB11(m): 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2008
Yes, he (Okiro) sounded like a farmer, but his intention was to motivate his people by publicly presenting his full support for his boss, Yar'Adua.
Guys, remember that Yar'Adua is still the president of this nation; hence supporting Yar'Adua could also be indirectly supporting Nigeria as a nation.

No need to castigate this man for nothing. Let us crucify him only if he tries to steal Government fund just like the previous IG Ehindero
MAMAJAMA has done everything and anything to tarnish the image of Mr. Okiro ever since Ehindero got caught stealing; I guess it is true that the rise of Okiro only makes Ehindero's corruption charges more difficult to clear.
It is also true that a thief doesn't like to be alone.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by oldie(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2008
Big B1:

Let us all calm down; it's not that serious!

This statement is nothing, but a mere figure of speech. "I'm ready to die for Yar'Adua could simply mean":
1. I admire the leadership qualities of my boss
2. I'm dedicated to my boss
3. I'm dedicated to the Republic of Nigeria
4. I'm dedicated to my duties.

The man is simply acknowledging the honesty and sincerity attitude President Yar'Adua has brought back to Aso Rock.
Absolutely, nothing wrong with this statement. It would have been a different case if Okiro was referring to OBJ.

Could also mean:
1. I admire the leadership qualities of my boss whoever the boss might be. The boss is always the boss
2. I'm dedicated to my boss even the boss was a thief. Thats what the law book says
3. I'm dedicated to the Republic of Nigeria, as long as I am the IG
4. I'm dedicated to my duties - Because I do not have a choice.

Civil servants should owe allegiance to the country not an individual!
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by BigB11(m): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2008
You can call Yar'Adua anything, but the man is honest, sincere and will never steal kobo from the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Only if quarter of Nigerians are dedicated to individuals with Yar'Adua's character, half of our problems will be immediately solved.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by Mamajama(m): 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2008
Typycal uneducated Hausas boys response that is used to spending daddys loot.  MR IBB JUNIOR BIGB! Name one thread where I’ve said one thing to tarnish OKIRO’s image.  Full do you know OKIROS 1st son is a good friend of mine here in Chitown?  You and your bickering about Ehindero is so stupid, was Ehindero ever indicted for wrong doing? Besides the pessimistic press posting that you can not digest?  Stay focus on the subject.  I can start pointing fingers why is the toothless general so silent now that Yar Adua is nailing all his friends like ODILI.  Why has the toothless general never admitted guilt for his dictatorship and he political killings?
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by Mamajama(m): 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2008
If Yar Adua was honest, he should have left RIBADU alone to nail the toothless shemeless dictator of our time
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Yar’adua – Okiro by palmwine(m): 6:35am On Mar 05, 2008
Nigeria!!! we never learn. Some people said they would die if Abacha did not transform to a civilian president same for Obasanjo, some politician also said he is the only one to rule this coountry. We have a wierd way of stating our loyalty in this country. Just wondered if okiro would have resigned if Yar'adua's election was annulled. Of course Not.

(1) (Reply)

$500,000 For Al-zaid Shoes! / Zimbabwe Rolls Out Z$100 Trillion Note. / Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.