Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) (4197 Views)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Are We A Bunch Of Religious Hypocrites? / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
ezme:

Is this not a form of discrimination? Is this not an unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice?

Will I be wrong to say I was discriminated against on the basis of a prejudiced view of religion?

If we want to categorize that as discrimination and prejudice it would mean that everyone is guilty of same like I said before.

If for instance the lady in question is in a position to offer you a job and she rejects you based on religion despite being the most qualified candidate then I would say you have every cause to cry foul play.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by UyiIredia(m): 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
plaetton:

I have pointed this fact sooo many times to these bible pretenders, but they have all chickened out of explaining how we got 3days of creation without the sun as a marker of day and night.

Yeah. And yet light is either an unseen wave or particle. What do you think light is.

plaetton: But you know what?
Davidylan has admitted on this forum that he gets confused about the different translations,interpretations, editions and versions of the bible, yet he come in here everyday pretending to defend things he admits not to understand.

Okay.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by ezme(m): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

If we want to categorize that as discrimination and prejudice it would mean that everyone is guilty of same like I said before.

If for instance the lady in question is in a position to offer you a job and she rejects you based on religion despite being the most qualified candidate then I would say you have every cause to cry foul play.

The rejection, being solely on the ground of my religious inclination still falls short of your dictionary definition of discrimination?
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
ezme:

The rejection, being solely on the ground of my religious inclination still falls short of your dictionary definition of discrimination?

No it does not! And yes, it would mean that everyone, including all who told one story or the other in this thread, is guilty of discrimination in one way or the other.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by ezme(m): 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

No it does not! And yes, it would mean that everyone, including all who told one story or the other in this thread, is guilty of discrimination in one way or the other.

Yes, we all are guilty one way or the other of this as we carry out our daily activities, no matter how subliminal it may be.(example: Choosing to sit next to the tall pretty lady over the fat ugly dude at the far end when you get on a Public bus)
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
ezme:

Yes, we all are guilty one way or the other of this as we carry out our daily activities, no matter how subliminal it may be.

Agreed!
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Emusan(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
Affiliated:
Genesis
1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And in between

1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

If you took time to read it you'll see that there was evening and morning and photosynthesis before the sun

Everything you put up there means there's no God or He's not omni-potent?

Because you read Bible at a certain age makes you believe that Bible is not complete.

If I make ask, are you arguing that there's no God or there's God but Bible is not complete?
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Randy Pastor Caught Romancing A Girl During Prayers / What Does It Mean To Be A Born Again Christian? / If You Get A Telescope, You Will Immediately Stop Believing The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.