Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,495 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! (16745 Views)

Fayose Flags-off First Flyover In Ekiti / Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by eledalo: 11:28am On Jan 25, 2013
Quite sad, the level of performance people expect from the government. Commissioning a flyover?
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by meta4(m): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2013
new fly over and they have used posters to decorate it already? why was the land portion left just sandy? i keep asking this question without any satisfactory answer, what do we do with sand on the side walk after a road or building has been constructed? to plant grass or what? which is more expensive to manage? just interlock the place.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by dkings101(m): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
Aiyetoro - Itele community can't even boast of the social basic amenities such as Electricity, Road, Community clinic, school, security and other common need the masses needs. Gbenga Daniel stayed for 8yrs and did nothing and now Amosun is not doing anything either. We are like forgotten citizens or should I say refugees. This community is highly populated yet no power, road or hospital. Wen next Amosun comes here for election campaign, I would throw raw egg at me. #OkBye.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nice one there my Gov and Senior professional colleague.....

Ogun can and will only get better..

We will surely recover from the years of the locust....

God bless Egbaland

God bless Ogun State

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by EkoIle1: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
executive_son: ...and people are dancing Azonto for this ACN poo. I have seen a PDP state(Akwa Ibom) with more than 3 flyovers built in a space of two years. Performance is in the individual and not in the Political Party

Akwa ibom should have more than 59 flyover bridges because their budget is 3 times over ogun and amosun in ogun is a young governrmt of 2 years old , not a 6 year old government like your akoabio.

Start all over again with another gist.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by TwinTiger: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
executive_son: ...and people are dancing Azonto for this ACN poo. I have seen a PDP state(Akwa Ibom) with more than 3 flyovers built in a space of two years. Performance is in the individual and not in the Political Party
korrect!tell them.Go to Enugu,a PDP state too and see city transformations.just 1 bridge and we no go hear word.How much did Amosun embezzled from this project.?If all praises waste like this,wetin we go give to Fashola?
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by EkoIle1: 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Twin-Tiger:
korrect!tell them.Go to Enugu,a PDP state too and see city transformations.just 1 bridge and we no go hear word.How much did Amosun embezzled from this project.?If all praises waste like this,wetin we go give to Fashola?

The same internet transformations.... We post pictures, we don't tell you to go and see. if flyover dey, you people will beat chest just like you best chest with common village round about.. post pictures or keep quiet.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by AroOkigbo(m): 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
INNO18: 21st century people are still celebrating flyovers when even Sokoto the poorest state in Nigeria has two
And Abia state has NONE!
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Gbawe: 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

Are you a clown

Why is it those of your ilk who are routinely and automatically angry at any positive news being celebrated about the SW? Why must you be so negative and scornful any time positive events relating to the SW are mentioned here? You are pathetic !!!

Get a life and fight the indoctrination inflicted on you that has now blighted your life to make it one unending hatefest against others. You may not know it, but you reek of inferiority complex with your Akwa Ibom d1ck comparison nonsense you drag out every time like clockwork. Akpabio = 5.5 years. Amosun 1.5 years.

Now and then, show some class by letting others celebrate the work of their Governor , and the progress they are seeing, without your distracting noise. Stop trying to rain on the parade of others when issues have nothing to do with you. Learn to stay away if you have nothing positive to say. No one says we are in utopia but SW , after it's plundering by the PDP, is seeing progress. Go and die you hateful waste of space.

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by newacca: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
This will be the first bridge to be constructed in the entire state since its creation in 1976.

U are wrong! This first to be constructed with state govt fund. The first fly over bridge was created in Sango by Fed.Govt facilitated by Baba Obansanjo.

God bless Gov.Amosun
God Bless Ogun State
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
I actually thought every state capital had a flyover. Never knew Abeokuta didn't have one.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by eaglechild: 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
newacca:
This will be the first bridge to be constructed in the entire state since its creation in 1976.

U are wrong! This first to be constructed with state govt fund. The first fly over bridge was created in Sango by Fed.Govt facilitated by Baba Obansanjo.

God bless Gov.Amosun
God Bless Ogun State
This thread is outright depressing and shameful.
To be sincere a state like Ogun with its close proximity to Lagos is primitive and backwards.
How can one be rejoicing over a 500m flyover.
What do u want those in Uyo to do, perhaps to mould a graven image of Akpabio and worship it.
Even Enugu receives a smaller allocation and is achieving a lot more.
Pls pple shld learn how to stop eulogizing our leaders senselessly.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
eaglechild:
To be sincere a state like Ogun with its close proximity to Lagos is primitive and backwards.
What do u want those in Uyo to do, perhaps to mould a graven image of Akpabio and worship it.
Wait, are you saying there's also a fly over being constructed in enugu presently or recently?
Let's try and reason with our heads for a second, your next door neighbour bought a new car and feels like throwing a party, why shld u go to the party to tell dem your boss has a car too? Common ppl don't go abt life like this!!
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
eaglechild:

You are senseless You know why?

Whats the allocation of Akwa Ibom and whats the allocation of Ogun.

If you want to make a comparison, Compare Akwa Ibom to Rivers, Bayelsa or Delta fellow oil producing states

And you carried your senselessness further comparing Enugu with Abeokuta. Since when has Enugu beome a capital. if you must know Enugu has been a capital for over 60yrs.

Why not compare Enugu with its peers like Kaduna and Ibadan other first republic regional capital and put your useless Enugu to shame

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Afam4eva: I actually thought every state capital had a flyover. Never knew Abeokuta didn't have one.

Some cities are more developed than their state capitals

I would expect Onitsha to be more developed than Awka and Aba to be more developed than Umuahia
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Afam4eva(m): 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Some cities are more developed than their state capitals

I would expect Onitsha to be more developed than Awka and Aba to be more developed than Umuahia
The bolded doesn't always ring true especially here in Nigeria except with a few exceptions like in Abia, Anambra and Delta state. It's not like in the US where the commercial and financial cities are usually not the capital of the state. In the case of Ogun, i don't see Ijebu Ode as more developed than Abeokuta so i would expect Abeokuta to be more developed than any town in that state.

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^ In Ogun places like Ota, Agbara are in ogun and definitely more commercially/Industrially developed than Abeokuta.

Some parts of Akute, Berger Alagbado etc that some think its Lagos are actually Ogun So they would be more developed.

Also in the near future I expect the Mowe, Ibafo and Expressway(Redeemed camp ) area to be more developed than the Capital city. Also In Nasarawa State the closeness of some places to Abuja might make them more developed than Lafia the capital city

Certain factors contribute to development of towns aside being Capital city. Onitsha and Aba (Market), Warri (Oil Industry presence) and Eket might soon rival Uyo with Exxon Mobil influence

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by littleb(m): 9:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
Amosun did well for at least spent on creating a flyover bridge in Abeokuta compare to the previous govt. However, most Ogun state townships are far behind under-develop, especially those ones close to Lagos like Sango Ota, Ibafo, Mowe, IJebu, Agbara, Shagamu and so on, hardly will one see a single good road on all those towns except the federal road that pass in between, same with electricity and likes. If investors would be more fascinated to Ogun state, governor should work more in developing all nearby Lagos towns, creating enabling env and mandate the company to remit workers' tax, thereby the tax they re expecting will come to Ogun state govt, Instead of people living in Ogun state while working in Lagos. In all, kudos to Amosun.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by eaglechild: 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
dayokanu:

You are senseless You know why?

Whats the allocation of Akwa Ibom and whats the allocation of Ogun.

If you want to make a comparison, Compare Akwa Ibom to Rivers, Bayelsa or Delta fellow oil producing states

And you carried your senselessness further comparing Enugu with Abeokuta. Since when has Enugu beome a capital. if you must know Enugu has been a capital for over 60yrs.

Why not compare Enugu with its peers like Kaduna and Ibadan other first republic regional capital and put your useless Enugu to shame
Pls if u dont have info quit exposing yourself.
I simply compared the allocation being received by Enugu vs Ogun.
FYI virtually every road in Enugu today was reconstructed in the past 8 years.
And ur brain conviniently forgot to tell u that Enugu was virtually destroyed post civil war and was rebuilt afterwards barely 40yrs ago and u are here telling me it's been capital for over 60yrs unlike Abeokuta.
Ogun was created in the 70's when Enugu was still in rubbles so why should i not compare the two.
Pls remove ur bigotted googles.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by eaglechild: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
Josh090:
Wait, are you saying there's also a fly over being constructed in enugu presently or recently?
Let's try and reason with our heads for a second, your next door neighbour bought a new car and feels like throwing a party, why shld u go to the party to tell dem your boss has a car too? Common ppl don't go abt life like this!!
So fly over is now your most coveted human infrastructure and the major yard stick for assessing human development.
Pls i hate to blow anyone's trumpet but the road constructed through Akwata hill and valley will build 3 of Amosu's flyovers.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
eaglechild:
So fly over is now your most coveted human infrastructure and the major yard stick for assessing human development.
Pls i hate to blow anyone's trumpet but the road constructed through Akwata hill and valley will build 3 of Amosu's flyovers.
Really? How much did the road construction cost?
Is fly over not part of the much needed physical infrastructure in nigeria?
Moreso, so many other road construction is going on the state.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Gbawe: 6:01am On Jan 26, 2013
Josh090:

Abeg, help me tell dem. Some people don't even realise the negative image of themselves they portray to others with their antics here. Their writing only show inferiority complex, insecurity and an unhealthy 24/7 obsession with others. I don't know what concerns Akwa Ibom with this thread and I don't know the sort of bad belle that will not allow some to simply and graciously leave others to celebrate a positive achievement, whichever way one looks at it, in a State and region they live in/use or are affiliated with.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Gbawe: 6:15am On Jan 26, 2013
Afam4eva: I actually thought every state capital had a flyover. Never knew Abeokuta didn't have one.

It is not about States just having flyovers for the sake of it. We always dumb down this forum with inanity but issues should be looked at from a town/urban planning perspective. To that end, it is more important to note the infrastructural relevance and efficacy of this project in terms of the linkage this flyover facilitates and the impact it will have on improving general vehicular/pedestrian transport and traffic flow. Some well-thought out flyover projects can completely revitalise an area and improve commercial activities. I have seen this myself in some Cities of Africa outside Nigeria.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by olascoshow(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2013
A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ you happy bro? Though a month before thε̲̣̣̣̥ commissioning.
GARRI (x7):
Any picture of the bridge??
[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by eaglechild: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
Gbawe:

Abeg, help me tell dem. Some people don't even realise the negative image of themselves they portray to others with their antics here. Their writing only show inferiority complex, insecurity and an unhealthy 24/7 obsession with others. I don't know what concerns Akwa Ibom with this thread and I don't know the sort of bad belle that will not allow some to simply and graciously leave others to celebrate a positive achievement, whichever way one looks at it, in a State and region they live in/use or are affiliated with.
By eulogizing a governor for building a 400m bridge, u are unwittingly fuelling mediocrity and corruption.
It's got nothing to do with any complex.
He is just performing his constitutional duty.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by olafolarin(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
The Commissioned Bridge
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by olafolarin(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
Bridge
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by EkoIle1: 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
eaglechild:
By eulogizing a governor for building a 400m bridge, u are unwittingly fuelling mediocrity and corruption.
It's got nothing to do with any complex.
He is just performing his constitutional duty.

Is it against the law to acknowledge the fact that unlike your useless and do nothing isi ewu leaders , he's doing his job? Is mediocrity the new slang in your village for providing needed infrastructures to benefit your people.

I know you people are sadists and good things makes you unhappy hence the reason why your leaders don't do anything to make you happy, but this is not a reason for your to be displaying anger all over the place. Ndo.
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 27, 2013
To God be the glory
pure water sellers and other hawkers have moved unto higher ground grin
While homeless folks have a new shelter from the harsh elements grin
Is it air conditioned?
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by olafolarin(m): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2013
Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by olaife80: 6:12am On Feb 01, 2013
SIA is realy working.. Four of it to be completed before the end of this yr... Also Ogun state airport is now on process.. Just watch out.. God bless Ogun state!

Re: Abeokuta Gets First Flyover Bridge! by Gbawe: 9:00am On Feb 01, 2013
olaife80: SIA is realy working.. Four of it to be completed before the end of this yr... Also Ogun state airport is now on process.. Just watch out.. God bless Ogun state! God bless Nigeria.

Gba be. I have said it here that the likes of Amosun will likely eclipse Fashola because the challenges their States face is less daunting than what Fashola has to deal with. The fact is that virtually all Politicians are corrupt because you cannot operate in our current political climate without abetting one form of corruption or the other.

Yet, it is not difficult to still deliver for the people if you are a decent and caring person with good administrative skills. It is only the PDP that goes looking for inhuman demons, highly incompetent to boot, who steal every kobo and give absolutely nothing in return. This is why I laugh at the bigoted and clannish hacks who run around saying "ACN is no different to the PDP". Self-delusion the Nigerian version.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Need Solutions Not The Cause Of Problems – saraki / APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman / Tinubu Running Govt Of Exclusion, Behaving Like Dictator - Salihu Lukman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.