Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

Nigeria's "Founding Fathers" Were Lazy And Goofy. Should Be Removed From Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's "Founding Fathers" Were Lazy And Goofy. Should Be Removed From Naira (739 Views)

Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Which Governor-Elects Are Likely To Be Removed By Tribunals? / Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's "Founding Fathers" Were Lazy And Goofy. Should Be Removed From Naira by Onlytruth(m): 7:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Can any Nigerian tell me specifically what EACH of Nigeria's founding fathers did to lay a SOLID foundation for Nigeria at independence?

I have always believed that the idea of a founder is someone who contributes something unique to the creation of an entity; so pray, what did each of Ahmadu Bello, Nnamdi Azikiwe, and Obafemi Awolowo contribute to the formation and establishment of a nation state called Nigeria? I'm not asking what each did for his own section, region or tribe; I'm asking about their NATIONAL FOUNDATION contribution.

Just today, I was thinking out aloud why Nigeria's founding father never thought about creating a NEW NIGERIAN NATIONAL LANGUAGE. One of my friends from Edo state actually went out of his way to create a national language (he is a linguist by profession), and called it Ghousa; I can't recall the full meaning of the words strung together to form the name of the language. I personally came up with a language called YIH (for Yoruba, Igbo, and Hausa) whereby the language simply borrows from each of the languages, words which each language represents best, and deliberately avoiding bad combinations like Zo-mbi (come here in Hausa and Yoruba). grin cheesy
But on serious note, it is very possible and doable; a national language that would be used to replace English and used to form a sense of national identity which currently lacks in Nigeria. This effort would take about 50 years to fully cement, and could have been cemented by now if it was initiated in 1960. To do so today would need the same 50 years to cement!

I think that a Nigerian should first get angry at the so called founding fathers, who were deliberately backward and lazy (I say they acted delibrately because they were very smart and well educated folks), who failed the nation in every conceivable way, yet they grace our currency today, practically for doing NOTHING. undecided

The Bible says "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?". cry

There are better deserving Nigerians for our national currency! I think these so called "founding fathers" should be outsted from our national edifices.
If the younger politicians in Nigeria were radical enough, this would happen, and used to teach current thieves and charlattans a lesson in accountability and patriotism.
The greatest problem now is that the foundation is so bad that even younger politicians can't change much without being compromised or killed.

A sad nation indeed! sad
Re: Nigeria's "Founding Fathers" Were Lazy And Goofy. Should Be Removed From Naira by Baba419(m): 7:54am On Jan 25, 2013
No worry, no be today wey division don dey kill us, all the faces on those notes are just BIG name. But that changing of the notes na small part of the REVOLUTION that has to come.*with my nazi salute*

(1) (Reply)

How Fashola’s ‘mega City’ Policy Renders Thousands Homeless In Badia, Lagos / Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” / Intercepted Explosives in LAGOS.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.