Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? (2998 Views)

Taking Alcohol Biblelical? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by advocate666: 9:20am On Jan 29, 2013
gprincess1: @Striktlymi,u perfectly ryt abh wah u said concerning moderation.....
Drinkn alchol aint a sin,gettin drunk is.....Coz wateva u over-do in lyf bcomes a sin so MODERATION SUD BE OUR WATCHWORD

I agree as long as moderate sex and masturbation are not sins as well. wink
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 29, 2013
advocate666:

For ya mind! grin
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Yooguyz: 10:50am On Jan 29, 2013
striktlymi:

For ya mind! grin
do you trolls ( tobechi20, K2039, striktlymi) also support alcohol intake?
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Zauma(m): 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
I now understand how people are lured into alcoholism by allowing the so called sinless sip of wine. Sometimes it begins fro
m Holy Communion sip of wine and munch of bread to depict the blood and the flesh of Jesus. From sips to gulps and drunkenness.
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by advocate666: 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
Matthew 26:27-29

27 Then he took a cup, gave thanks to God, and gave it to them. “Drink it, all of you,” he said; 28 “this is my blood, which seals God's covenant, my blood poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will never again drink this wine until the day I drink the new wine with you in my Father's Kingdom.”
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Zikkyy(m): 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
truthislight:
test:
can you consistently drink two bottles of maltina and coke every day for a month or more and i will drink two bottles of beer everyday for a month or more and lets see whose wisdom is more beneficial?

hmmm, 'shayo master' i don dey suspect you for some time now grin
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by gprincess1(f): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
advocate666:

Lol.....Dey da easiest/fastest ticket 2 hell tongue
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by ijawkid(m): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol......gringringrin.............
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by truthislight: 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
Neddivine: I have always known that there are demons and human agents of satan that post on Nairaland as much as they do all over the internet hiding behind godly user names and atimes come out clear like advocate666 & some others do.They cunningly agree with u on some bible truths just to win ur confidence but when u are now friends they lure u to accept twisted sciptures just to destroy u & make u end up in eternal fire of hell.This individual "truthislight" and many like him have seemingly good usernames but I wonder who is hidden beneath.God have mercy on us.

grin grin grin grin ^^^ grin grin grin ^^^ grin grin grin
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by truthislight: 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
advocate666:

lol. grin.
Guy, it is because of such ^^^ kind of Joke that it has become something bad to compare other NL with you and your utterances.

The truth is i am only interested in what the bible says and not on peoples ID's and personal opinions.

If advocatte had said that the "bible said", in that instance then, i will have been interested or he had quoted the bible to support such ^^^.

When the bible is left out on personal opinion and discussion that has no bible basis then all kinds of people are free to air there opinion and i may not even be interested.
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by truthislight: 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

If you enter that experiment with coke and malt you are finish.

Sugar will give you diabetes, and diabetes na HIV younger brother, e no get cure!

grin
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by truthislight: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol......gringringrin.............

Guy,

you see Zikky ? He is looking for trouble o.

Lol. grin

*edited*
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by seno408(m): 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
^^^^
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning Ned,

This allegation is very strong! I believe you do not expect nairalanders to consider this seriously just because you said it.

Do you have any proof to back up your claim?

The fact that someone disagrees with you on certain matters does not mean that the individual is an agent from the very depth of hell.

I have had cause to disagree with Mr truthislght on some matters but this is not to say that he has not made some meaningful contributions that were beneficial to all.

I look forward to a day when we would stop attacking individuals and focus on the substance of a post instead. If advocate666 posts something that is correct, then I expect a true Christian to acknowledge the truth in the comment as against attacking him cause of a difference in beliefs.

It is indeed true that we should watch and pray lest the enemy of our faith (the devil) takes us unawares and I am for "putting every spirit to the test" but when an allegation is made then there must be proof to back it up.

Thank you!
very charitable, i'm sure i would have used some hard words in an effort to stop the name calling, but d above is just perfect.
I could'nt put it better.
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by seno408(m): 5:35am On Jan 30, 2013
Ubenedictus: very charitable, i'm sure i would have used some hard words in an effort to stop the name calling, but d above is just perfect.
lol
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by seno408(m): 11:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: very charitable, i'm sure i would have used some hard words in an effort to stop the name calling, but d above is just perfect.
lolz
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 2:57am On Mar 08, 2013
~ Topic revisited on my personal study ~
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by daroz(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2013
Wine is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grapes or other fruits.
Check ur wikipedia. So I don't know where u guys got ur non-alcoholic wine concept from. Infact to me, if its non alcoholic, then it can never be real wine. The wine Jesus created from water is purely alcoholic. xtains, let not deceive ourselves. Taking of alcohol is not a sin, it has never been. What God is against is drunkenness, which is quite understandable.

4 Likes

Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by seno408(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2013
like seriously
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
seno408: like seriously
it seems u visited your old topic
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Allta(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
I think the issue is more of the Nigerian Christian definition of Alcohol....

The bible is clear......don't be a drunk; there sev bible references where strong wine were served! If you can't control yourself from becoming drunk, then don't drink!!
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by seno408(m): 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: it seems u visited your old topic
yes
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by haibe(m): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
King James Bible
(Cambridge Ed.)
Drink no longer water,
but use a little wine
for thy stomach's sake
and thine often
infirmities.(1 timothy 5:23)

Hello every, my little contribution to this topic is as follows.

1) Why did apostle paul tell timothy to drink just little wine if the wine isn't alcoholic? Or does non-alcoholic wine lead to drunkeness too?

2)Apostle paul stated that he should use the little wine because of his infirmities(sickness), my question is this: what does non-alcoholic wine have to do with sickness?
Of course we all know alcohol is included in some of the medicines we take because it helps for easy recovery of a sick person.

After answering the above questions without being biased, i think it will be very obvious that the wine used in the context of that passage above is indeed alcoholic, so will timothy go to hell for using little wine for his infirmities? Your answer is all yours.

Anyway my view on this topic is that taken alcohol isn't sinful but taken excess is sinful as the bible as always condemned drunkeness and not those who take alcohol in little quantity, if taken alchol was sinful, the bible need not mention drunkeness at all but that those who take alcohol shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Just my contribution..

PS: I don't drink oo but i know alcohol must have been included in some of the medicines and drips i have taken.

God bless you all and corrections are welcomed but in love please.

1 Like

Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
Allta: I think the issue is more of the Nigerian Christian definition of Alcohol....

The bible is clear......don't be a drunk; there sev bible references where strong wine were served! If you can't control yourself from becoming drunk, then don't drink!!
lolz revisited
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by truthislight: 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
dr.seno:
lolz revisited

whats new ? cheesy

wink
Re: Taking Alcohol - Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Another lie!!! Prove to us from scripture that biblical wine is non alcoholic and while you are at it you can also read Luke 7:33-34 and tell us if the wine spoken of there was also non alcoholic.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parents, Buying Toys For Children Will Demonise Them. Toys Are Demonic / Researchers Who Recorded The Screams Of Hell / What Is The Trinity? (biblical Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.