Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Driver Preaching On The Steering - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Driver Preaching On The Steering (13317 Views)

Video Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Crying While Preaching On Stage / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by ruffhandu: 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
something strongly tells me that if the driver were to be a comedian cracking nasty profane jokes in the cab, nobody will caution him on his excesses. smh
@ op, I'll opine that youshould have just quietly talked to him and let him be if he continues.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by plendil: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
well I suppose it depends on the nature of the journey. If its a short distance then its ok

but if it were the highway, then I don't think it acceptable.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Affiliated(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
ruffhandu: something strongly tells me that if the driver were to be a comedian cracking nasty profane jokes in the cab, nobody will caution him on his excesses. smh

Even if that's true, So because nobody complains everybody should start somersaulting and dancing azonto while driving? What's wrong is wrong
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by folafola(m): 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
we need to know why the driver was preaching at odd hour. is he led by God, or his own impulse? The message might be for a perticular person in the cab and that might be the only hope for the soul. hmmm you see judging this driver could be complex and your conscience pricking you is another sign that you need not to antagonise the preacher. you should have alighted from the cab if you uncomfortable. my 10 cent
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
FXKing2012: Dear OP,
The driver did a great thing by yielding to the call to preach in all corners of the world but the devil tried to use you to stop him - good he didnt stop.
The Bible says angels in heaven rejoice over a single soul that repents here on earth; if his preaching will help save a soul then it's worth it.

The worst case scenerio is you have an accident because he wasnt concentrating, you all die and go to heaven. Heaven is much better than this world, so you should be overly glad to go to heaven.

Remember you will someday be asked by God why you prevented the driver from doing God's work. Perhaps you even prevented a soul from being saved that day and the blood of such is on your head.

The Bible commands us to be meek and set good examples as Christians, where was your meekness on that fateful day? Ask for forgiveness and try to save souls by preaching to make up for your sin.

Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Cheers!
the more I read ur post,the more I get angry. Its too tempting not to reply you. You are a bleeping religious bigot to have typed this,infact you need a brain transplant,cos you have been blinded by your religious sentiment. People like you are the reasons why xtianity is treated with disdain. Why would someone be preaching when driving,does that make sense to you. So its good,cos he's making noise,all in the name of preaching. Smh for you,and fools that like your post.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by dartsidius7(m): 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
that driver was lucky, i would have b.i.tch slapped him after the danfo incident. plus, most of the peeps here would react in a worse manner to jehovah's witnesses when they knock on their doors. its his cab, but you paid to ride in it. He should have given out tracts or something.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by shamson: 10:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
stine b: My brother the consciense came from the holy spirit. They devvil decided too use you as añ instrument of distraction. Thank God you got yourself back.Do not mind those people encouraging you about your deed, thesame devil is using them. Im sure if the drivers tópic of discussión were political or economy, you would have gladly contributed without taking offence.
Because it is the Gospel haters are jumping in to criticize the driver. Salvation is not for sale, it is a Free gift from our lord Jesús Christ.Haters Please Stop beefing believers. Join us
He does that from his whims and caprice as God, the Almighty as given individual will.Even when devil calls, people like you tag it only spirit call
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Phrankin(m): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
So you want us to clap for you ehn?
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
ignis: @Op
I will say you are right and at the same time very wrong. Do you know weather you have blocked the person who God is speaking to in the Cab from getting His message and be saved.
Next time pretend and give a deaf ear. You must not talk always.
God gave us two ears and one mouth to ear many things and say little.
Thanks
This guy be fool, i swaar.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
At the moment, we don't hear desperate fanatics preaching in the plane, just as they do in buses. Well, that's for now. . . .Once air travel becomes cheap enough, we should get them preaching in the plane. I'm waiting for the first of the chosen one. . .stupid people! angry
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
pendusky: @OP grin u knw what? One day you wil surely remember if u wer actualy wrong or not...u wil remember me for teling u dis as well....even if u didnt do what u did, theres something that a fellow pasenger has taken home from his preaching... My pastor said even when a pastor preach, its not for everyone buh for a particular person..at a time...cheer up coz u wil surely preach too...grin what goes round always comes around...
Shut up, dude angry
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2013
ppara: He was fufilling his call,how many are bold enough to spread the word of GOd?
im sure he made an impact on someone, and planted a seed- no matter how small.

May God bless him.
Another fooooool in the making
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by meetmeonline: 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
sucrecandy: So, it was the early hours of a monday morning, the usual boisterous noise of people rushing to work, horns blaring here and there, i had woken up a little bit late than usual, in the mad rush, i ruled out the possibility of taking the BRT bus to save time, i was still shock-stranded at abule egba bus stop thinking of how to get to the lagos island and arrive in the office not later than 8:15 fully aware that any minute i dangle after that would send a cold query flying into my email from my mean, insatiable boss.

I was still making my mental journey when this private taxi cab stopped infront of me, the driver shouting "V.I! V.I!" . I hurriedly rushed into the car muttering "thank you God" under my breath. The driver drove off immediately as the car filled up in a minute. We had barely drove into the highroad going towards oshodi when this driver went off: "Good morning brethren, you know looking at the things happening around us today, its no doubt the end is near, and the son of God would come for his people".

At first i thought he was just going to say a few words of prayer but instead he continued "you fornicators, adulterers, thieves its time you give your life to christ". He went on for another 10 minutes. Puzzled, I then looked around only to find out the other people in the car didn't find any discomfort as I did as they all felt cool and relaxed to the sermon. Don't get me wrong, I'm a believer and a practising christian, I'm no saint, but I do my bit, keep the faith and pray to God too, but to have this old man here preaching and at the same time controlling the wheels is just out of it.

As if I was sharing same thoughts with the devil, an overtaking danfo bus in top speed brushed past us, and the driver in his half-focused state took to the brakes in a very sharp thud causing the car to jerk upwards, immediately i shouted angrily to the driver to "STOP THE SILLY PREACHING" and focus on the driving. To my amazement only few of the other passengers joined me to caution the driver. He still wouldn't budge.

Our counter-attack became his fuel, he raised his tone a decibel higher, he quoted the scriptures, he screamed, he preached but I didn't let him win, I attacked him, ranted, screamed too, I made sure I made him uncomfortable and his noisy preaching met with very noisy tantrums.

It was not until he dropped me off, and i was walking into the office that this throat strangling thing called conscience got hold of me. I began to think i might have been the "Black Devil with two short horns" in the whole episode.

I'm not just gonna sit and let my conscience bully me the more that's why I decided to share it here, wat do you think? Have I done the right thing?

Honest answers please!

-Sucre
.....you must have had a nice background in composition.....u r a good storyteller and writer....I must say u are talented in this.....use it!
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Affiliated(m): 12:00am On Jan 28, 2013
FXKing2012:
Because your posts are dumb and retrogressive, besides you dont add much value to this thread.

To the topic: Why are some people even blaming the cab driver? How are we so sure the fault was even his and not the rough danfo driver who recklessly overtook the cab?
We all know how reckless Lagos danfo drivers could be.

So you know how reckless driving in Lagos is and yet you are advocating driving with divided attention? From your point of view, do you think God would be happy if they are killed in an accident that arose from such a behavior? Are you saying God is advocating for reckless endangerment of life? Like that guy that jumped into the lion's den at Ibadan zoo all in the name of preaching [God rest his soul]. There's a time and place for everything. If the driver is so courageous as to disregard his life, He should go to Muslim Arab nations and preach in public. Afterall He's trying to save lives

1 Like

Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by FXKing2012(m): 12:27am On Jan 28, 2013
Everywhere and anywhere is right to preach the Word, we have a calling and we must obey.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Affiliated(m): 12:32am On Jan 28, 2013
FXKing2012: Everywhere and anywhere is right to preach the Word, we have a calling and we must obey.

OK. God has called you to preach to the current Boko Haram leader. please find your way there during the week if not you are a double standard hypocrite. Please come back and tell us how it went... If you can... But God will protect you so GO angry

1 Like

Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by FXKing2012(m): 12:47am On Jan 28, 2013
Affiliated:

OK. God has called you to preach to the current Boko Haram leader. please find your way there during the week if not you are a double standard hypocrite. Please come back and tell us how it went... If you can... But God will protect you so GO angry
The early Christians preached in Rome even though they knew Nimrod would kill them.
Paul said nothing could separate him from the love of Christ - not even death. And he preached till he was killed.

That is what I call real Christianity and that is the kind of Christianity I practise, not the type propagated by mr_anony and co.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Affiliated(m): 12:55am On Jan 28, 2013
FXKing2012:
The early Christians preached in Rome even though they knew Nimrod would kill them.
Paul said nothing could separate him from the love of Christ - not even death. And he preached till he was killed.

That is what I call real Christianity and that is the kind of Christianity I practise, not the type propagated by mr_anony and co.

Lol at the Anony shot. I admire your courage. I'll be waiting for the Boko Haram report. with God all things are possible
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by FISAYOADEX(m): 1:00am On Jan 28, 2013
I am quite sure the OP would not have been so uncomfortable if the driver was to be discussing something else. But because this time the man was preaching, you think he is not obeying the traffic law. When has it become an offence to talk while driving?
You are only being embittered probably because you are not fulfilling the great commission yourself or you felt the guy was preaching about your way of life. Whichever way, I want you to know that hell is much more uncomfortable than the driver's preaching.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by FISAYOADEX(m): 1:01am On Jan 28, 2013
Double Post
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Affiliated(m): 1:05am On Jan 28, 2013
FISAYOADEX: I am quite sure the OP would not have been so uncomfortable if the driver was to be discussing something else. But because this time the man was preaching, you think he is not obeying the traffic law. When has it become an offence to talk while driving?
You are only being embittered probably because you are not fulfilling the great commission yourself or you felt the guy was preaching about your way of life. Whichever way, I want you to know that hell is much more uncomfortable than the driver's preaching.

I wonder if you work in a bank or something. And if you preach to all your customers. How many employed or self employed people here preach to their customers? Give the lord a wiper. *Don't worry if you keep getting sacked until you die of hunger, heaven is very comfortable.

About the subject matter, if I'm in a vehicle with a friend and i see that whatever he's doing is distracting him. I ask him to stop and focus on the road. And that includes gisting. talk less of engaging in verbal battle with someone
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by darmilarey(m): 4:52am On Jan 28, 2013
am sure his preaching is nt d first tym,I believ he does it probably every day,u can preach d gospel at ur own convenient tym,if anytin wil happen dat patakes ta accident it wil surely happen, nt becuz of his preaching....only God knws if is d preaching dat has escaped u frm avin a fatal accident,,,am sure if it was a joke dis Godly man is crackin u wil laugh...may God forgive us.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Dejideta: 6:38am On Jan 28, 2013
What is the difference between a talking/gisting driver and a preaching driver?
I have seen a driver who talked all the way through the journey.
By the way, how many accident were caused because the driver was preaching?
@op, you allowed the devil to use you. Please repent and ask for forgiveness.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by FXKing2012(m): 7:54am On Jan 28, 2013
Affiliated:

Lol at the Anony shot. I admire your courage. I'll be waiting for the Boko Haram report. with God all things are possible
Yeah mr_anony is a real disappointment: imagine saying it's ok for a Christian to tattoo, drink and smoke. The devil has got a real hold on him.

I'm happy real Christians are coming out to condemn the OP for allowing the devil to use her.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by bashydemy(m): 8:40am On Jan 28, 2013
That driver might an Agent of Devil risking the life of his passenger
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by FXKing2012(m): 9:04am On Jan 28, 2013
bashy_demy: That driver might an Agent of Devil risking the life of his passenger
OMG! This is unbelievable.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Supergirlie(f): 10:48am On Jan 28, 2013
if I were d driver I would have just greeted everybody and distributed some gospel tracts with a 'God loves you' speech, after which we'd embark on our journey. But all d same, God sees d heart of d driver and he alone knows how to commend/judge him... as 4u, OP, just seek 4 God's forgiveness in anyway u might have erred cos your disturbed conscience might be d Holy Spirit correcting you.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by Agbomoses(m): 10:51am On Jan 28, 2013
I commend the drivers courage to preach the gospel of truth in season and out of season. it is a difficult thing to do especially when some people are against you but thank God for spirit of boldness that was upon him. Kudos to him
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by HerexG(m): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Truly in life there is time for everything, a time to preach and a time to be quiet.
Re: Driver Preaching On The Steering by 1Godfather(m): 5:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
Most people can multitask; they can walk and chew gum at the same time. Therefore, I do not think it required much mental effort to drive a car and talk/preach at the same time. The problem the OP had was probably with the content of the driver's speech. If this driver was cracking jokes or rehashing some incident, I'm sure that many would have gladly listened, laughed or participated in a jovial back-and-forth with the driver not minding the fact that he was driving. The best and mature thing to do if you absolutely could not stomach the preaching was to get off the bus immediately or at the next bus stop. Arguing with and shouting down a person merely trying to share his views on his bus is undisciplined to say the least--obviously, others did not mind, and could not figure out why you alone happened to be so animated.

Oh, as for calling yourself a believer, trust me, that was hilarious-- a believing Christian indeed who goes to insane lengths to prevent the gospel from being shared; makes you wonder what one ought to expect out of non-Christians and atheists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Pastor Sign-Fireman "Heals" Enebeli Elebuwa / Have You Ever Seen A Ghost Disappear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.