Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

I Want To Be Listened To - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Be Listened To (2044 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
I want my husband to listen to me. As i'm preparing for marriage, pls wise people, what do you think i should do so dt when i give my husband good advice, he'll take it. I understand most men don't listen to their wives and sometimes they wished they did. I want my sweetheart to listen to me sometimes when he is in a fix or when he's making plans. What will i do to make him listen?
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
Oi, not all advices are meant to he heeded and not all counsel are meant to be taken.

As a wife, your duty is to counsel him as womanly as possible. Its his choice and his only to decide.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by IZUKWU(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
I think you should listen to him ,by doing that you would be sowing a seed that you will reap. If you listen and obey him , with time ,he would know that you listen to him and would also want to return the favour ,further more when the things/ advice you are giving are sound and good and works ,why will he not seek your councel tomorrow and you must make sure you do not seek an advantage in your councels or throw a tantrum , when you advices are not taken. Or take all the glory when your advices are taken and it works.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Basic(m): 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2013
If you read him very well now, you'll be able to tell the type of husband he'll turn out to be - maybe the type that will listen to you or not.
If, now, he insists on doing things his own way, he'll never listen to you after marriage.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Mr1234(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
there's no studying as to making him listen to you. One thing is certain, he'd only listen to what he talks to you about. If he talks about something that is on his mind, be 90% certain that he's gonna listen to whatever advice you give him.

A man will listen to whatever he wants to. If he has his mind made up already, there's no way you can change it believe me especially...

NIGERIAN MEN
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ITbomb(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
Knowing your man means knowing when he is receptive to advice and another opinion.
So understand 'the right place and the right time'
Another salient point is that a man respect a woman mostly because of the woman's association. If your partner thinks that ur opinion is from the grapevine or pure generalization then it is not welcome.
*My proposal?*
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Smuthx(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
Talk with your husband in a humble way. Dont be authoriative or it must be what I say or else.... it may push him away. humility is key.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
One thing you should know about men is that they never listen. Those ones who claim to listen, only pretend they are listening becos they know that's one thing that pleases a woman most.
'A man would only listen when you speak his language'. His language means anything that interests him at that moment, or what he likes naturally. It could also mean if what u say matches with his own opinion. If he is in a fix, a man will listen to you only if he respects ur opinion a lot.
Hence to make ur husband listen, speak his language-study his moods, try loving one or two hobbies or activities he likes and then make sure you gain ur husband's trust and respect as well-that he values ur opinion so much.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by sunnyt1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Its simple, u need to convince him that you are a gud decision maker, you dont do it verbally. There will be less important occassions where you will required to make decision, make gud ones, with time you wud have proved ursef.

Then a word of advice, dnt go about wanting to be heard, if ur husband realizes ur mission he will never listen to you, never. Then, dnt have the mindset of showing people you are intelligent, it doesnt work with friends neither doe it wok wit men
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
I noticed dt most women are d breadwinner in their family and its cos their husband's out of business...which would've been a different story had it listened to them, hence my question.
@all, thanks, i'll work on it.
@itbomb, you hold?
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ITbomb(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
ATMC:
@itbomb, you hold?
Sure you don't want me to prove that here.
I got a surprise last year when a brother called me ' how far , I hear say you have been commenting on inspiredmotor thread, when are they bringing the car' .
Don't derail your thread
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Flashaldrin(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
Prove to him that you're worth being listened to, he will come to you always.
But if you actually have nothing better to offer. Kindly shut the f up.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
@Itbomb Lol, commenting on a thread does it mean you hold?
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ITbomb(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
ATMC: @Itbomb Lol, commenting on a thread does it mean you hold?
cool , I'm the Boss
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
firstly, u will need a husband that actually listens to any other voice besides his own...once u have that, the rest shouldnt be hard
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Mynd44: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
mondi_cheeks: firstly, u will need a husband that actually listens to any other voice besides his own...once u have that, the rest shouldnt be hard
Best answer.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
mondi_cheeks: firstly, u will need a husband that actually listens to any other voice besides his own...once u have that, the rest shouldnt be hard
most listen to other voices such as their mom, colleague and friends except their wife.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by luvmijeje(f): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
If you are a wise woman he will definitely listen to u.Maybe not the first time but subsequent times he will.
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
ATMC: most listen to other voices such as their mom, colleague and friends except their wife.
then dont go for the ones who are like that...remember u said most not all
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
mondi_cheeks: then dont go for the ones who are like that...remember u said most not all
i definitely wont by his grace. Many thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Mynd44: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
mondi_cheeks: then dont go for the ones who are like that...remember u said most not all
Best advice on this thread
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Best advice on this thread
grin thank u
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by agabaI23(m): 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
As long as you don't try to be my mother, we are fine. Say it once and forget about it. 99% of time, I will do what you have said if it is sound. Don't get bothered if he does accept immediately. Inugo sweetie
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
*smiles* anugom, tx
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by agabaI23(m): 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
ATMC: *smiles* anugom, tx
Ezigbo nwa
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
^Lol
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by agabaI23(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
ATMC: ^Lol
Did you really laugh out loud? you folks would wonder what it is grin
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
AmBeautiful: One thing you should know about men is that they never listen. Those ones who claim to listen, only pretend they are listening becos they know that's one thing that pleases a woman most.
'A man would only listen when you speak his language'. His language means anything that interests him at that moment, or what he likes naturally. It could also mean if what u say matches with his own opinion. If he is in a fix, a man will listen to you only if he respects ur opinion a lot.
Hence to make ur husband listen, speak his language-study his moods, try loving one or two hobbies or activities he likes and then make sure you gain ur husband's trust and respect as well-that he values ur opinion so much.
you are real! By his language, you mean?btw tx
sunny t: Its simple, u need to convince him that you are a gud decision maker, you dont do it verbally. There will be less important occassions where you will required to make decision, make gud ones, with time you wud have proved ursef.

Then a word of advice, dnt go about wanting to be heard, if ur husband realizes ur mission he will never listen to you, never. Then, dnt have the mindset of showing people you are intelligent, it doesnt work with friends neither doe it wok wit men
thank you. I'll try
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by ATMC(f): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
agabaI23: Did you really laugh out loud? you folks would wonder what it is grin
yeah...i giggled actually...is there any acronym for giggling?
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by agabaI23(m): 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
ATMC: yeah...i giggled actually...is there any acronym for giggling?
gol
don't quote me cheesy
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
1. Take out your ATM card
2. Visit 'baba'
3. Ensure you collect the padlock and key
Re: I Want To Be Listened To by IZUKWU(m): 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
Flashaldrin: Prove to him that you're worth being listened to, he will come to you always.
But if you actually have nothing better to offer. Kindly shut the f up.
this is on point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Save My Dying Relationship. / Lovers Day Saga / Val Or No Val The Heart Knows Where It Belongs- (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.