Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North (1958 Views)

Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) / Resign Now, Southern Leaders’ Group Tells Jega / Northern Minorities To Southern Leaders: Liberate Us From Hausa-fulani Oppressio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by demmie1: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2013
PointB:

So it only those who contest and win election that can/should be termed leaders? What kind of education did you get?
prof. educated, who then should be called a leader? someone that dropped from nowhere because of the money he stole or someone chosen by his constituency?
Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by demmie1: 12:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
PointB:

That's according to you.

Ekwueme commands a lot of respect across Nigeria; likewise Chief Olu Falae, and Babatope, and host of others. Even so does Edwin Clark among the Ijaw! So please keep those myopic opinion about them to yourself, it is not shared by the majority!
so na for youre house babatope commands respect abi? Can't you just reason for once? Olu falae, although respect by me, and babatope are for now not relevant in the
SW political arena, likewise ekweme in the east, so what do they do? find relevance somewhere else by convening some trumped meeting trying to draw people's passion to them.
who doesn't know what the north is about in this Nigeria?
Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by PointB: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are such an inconsistent fellow ...I pity these easily impressionable young lads on this forum following your footsteps and taking counsel from you

What happened to your often mouthed combination of SS..SE and NC alliance? DOA?

You are such a crude joker I tell you

You are just asinine. I bet if your life depend on it you won't be able to pull a thread to prove the point your muted.

I know myopic folks like you will not see anything good in this gathering because your gods Tinubu and Buhari are not part of it.

Silly stocks!
Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by PointB: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
demmie1:
so na for youre house babatope commands respect abi? Can't you just reason for once? Olu falae, although respect by me, and babatope are for now not relevant in the
SW political arena, likewise ekweme in the east, so what do they do? find relevance somewhere else by convening some trumped meeting trying to draw people's passion to them.
who doesn't know what the north is about in this Nigeria?

I get it now. You take cue from the identity thieving fraudulent vagabond - emperor Tinubu. I get it.
Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by truth4meal(m): 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
One_Naira:

Hell yeah I believe him to be a sponsor or have a small hand in it. You can pity as much as you want, telling me you pity isn't going to change my mind. Abeg commot for road. Let look at this logically: After he lost the election, they went wild and killed of innocent people for no damn reason because of him. Did the man come out and condemn them? Nope. Did he speak on the behalf of the victims? Nope. A sensible politician would have done that. Wetin him do? he used that incident to preach about how Nigeria made a mistake. Ever since GEJ won, they've gone haywire, he seems to be loved by the group therefore he has a great strength to stop their activity or reduce it since they admire him so much. FG has failed granted but he has influence to them. Has he done it? Nope. What has he done? threaten the nigerian population anytime he speaks. Not only that he was once labeled by them as someone to use to dialogue a treaty between them and FG. He is known to make threat of killing innocent people if he does not get his way. The nigg@ has some hand with BH one way or another. I no sabi how but he definitely has one. Either sponsoring them or sponsoring someone that is sponsoring them. Ya'll can preach on NL as much as you people want on this forum but Buhari activity in the past shown the truth.
so far the only and official list of convicted terrorists are your brothers from the Delta. Your baseless assertion about Buhari and BH is just mere word of mouth - oh lest I forget did you knw Abati and the FG had to apologise when Buhari sue them for the same libel ur fishbrain is exhibiting here. Niger Delta is the region with the first region with the first convicted terrorist and the first to involve in act of terrorism live with that truth
Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by seanet01: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva: A look at the list again just shows that they are dead politicians seeking fro relevance. Whenever Tinubu, Jonathan, Ngige, Okorocha, Amaechi, Ekwueme come together for a southern leaders forum, let me know.
GBAM!
Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
adejoro75: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/jan/27/605.html

2015: Southern leaders gang up against North

Written by Idowu Samuel-Uyo
Sunday, January 27, 2013

advertisement

POLITICAL juggernauts across the country have started drawing battle lines ahead the 2015 general election as indications emerged that some leaders of thought from the 17 Southern states of the country would be converging on Enugu on Tuesday to take a position on the issue of 2015 Presidency.

The Southern leaders of thought, led by the chairman, Delta State Elders’ Forum, Chief Edwin Clark, had earlier met twice in Lagos and Akwa Ibom, just as they are set to hold their third session at the Nike Lake Hotel Resort, Enugu early next week to finalise talks among them about 2015.

Sunday Tribune can report authoritatively that the Southern leaders would not only deliberate on the build up to 2015, but might also rally support behind President Goodluck Jonathan on his possible ambition to contest the next presidential election, notwithstanding the stiff opposition he is currently contending with.

The group, known as Southern Nigeria Peoples Assembly, has Dr Alex Ekweme (South-East), Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi (South-West) and a host of other members, including Chief Olu Falae, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, former Governor Ggbenga Daniel and Dr Kunle Olajide.

Other members include Chief Mbazulike Amaechi (leader, South-East) and Mr. Ledum Mitee from the South-South.

In an interview with Sunday Tribune, Chief Clark said the geopolitical zones of the South were more united in their resolve to ensure the restructuring of Nigeria to guarantee equality of all the component units such that no region or ethnic group would claim superiority over the others.

He said the Enugu meeting would involve all like minds from the South-West, South-East, South-South and part of the Middle Belt, as each zone, according to him, would attend the meeting with 40 delegates.

Former minister and a top shot of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Babatope, who also spoke with Sunday Tribune on the agenda of the meeting, said it was time the 17 South-South states came together to begin to speak with one voice against the background of the state of insecurity in the country and the larger than life image being carved by a section of the Northern region over the rest of Nigeria.

Babatope said for so long the core North area of the Northern region had been giving an impression that it was superior to the other zones of the federation and that the presidential power of Nigeria was its birth right, a situation he said had been inimical to the progress the country.

The former Director of Publicity and Propaganda of the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria stressed that the Southern Nigerian Peoples Assembly would deliberate on the 2015 presidential election and examine all available options on possible contestant against incumbent President Jonathan with a view to deciding who among them would earn the support of the group.

He said in the event that the group does not find a better option among aspirants, it would not hesitate to cast its lot for President Jonathan who at the moment has not indicated resolve to contest in the 2015 presidential election.

The Southern Nigeria Peoples Assembly, since it sprang up mid 2012, has been making strident call on the Federal Government to convoke a Sovereign National Conference as panacea for the increasing multiple problems which have been threatening the existence of Nigeria.

During its last meeting in Uyo, the assembly called on President Jonathan to sack from his government and the nation’s security forces, persons of dubious integrity and loyalty as it spoke against activities of Boko Haram sect, urging the government to treat its activities as treasonable and apply relevant laws on culprits and their sponsors.

Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
PointB:

You are just asinine. I bet if your life depend on it you won't be able to pull a thread to prove the point your muted.

I know myopic folks like you will not see anything good in this gathering because your gods Tinubu and Buhari are not part of it.

Silly stocks!

..so once I don't support this your foolish idea of ganging up...I must be supporting Tinubu and Buhari...?

Bros....you really need a serious soul searching to arrive at where you got it all wrong with this your GEJ project.

Southern leaders ko...Southern followers ni.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by OneNaira6: 3:48am On Feb 05, 2013
truth4meal: so far the only and official list of convicted terrorists are your brothers from the Delta. Your baseless assertion about Buhari and BH is just mere word of mouth - oh lest I forget did you knw Abati and the FG had to apologise when Buhari sue them for the same libel ur fishbrain is exhibiting here. Niger Delta is the region with the first region with the first convicted terrorist and the first to involve in act of terrorism live with that truth

Who gave you mouth to address me? My guy move out of my face. See this guy defending my stanch thinking he's destroying it. See this guy. Despite BH constant Terrorism, nothing is ringing off in your head that till this date, they aren't caught. The few that are caught are either released, pending for investigation and that's the last we hear of it or caught and are sentenced but giving 3-4 years in prison while mend, massob, etc get life or 25 years and to make matter worse, some caught escape from a federal prison and are never caught again. How skinny, no sense, having buffoons escape a federal prison in their side without help from someone with a high rank in their side leaves a lot to ponder. That shit does not make you think one bit. Abeg guy, move out!!

Next time you go address me with that delta bs again, read about delta. I am not Ijaw!!! Ethnicity in delta consist of more than Ijaw and majority of mend members are bayelsa or rivers, not delta. See this boy oo.
Re: 2015: Southern Leaders Gang Up Against North by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 05, 2013
What other Southerners don't understand about the Yorubas is that any Yoruba involved in a South vs North politics is a bastard to Yoruba people.

This is why: There are Yorubas in the North!!!!!!!!!!!!! Niger, Kogi and Kwara have Yorubas there. Are we suppose to be against our own people now because some unsophisticated baboons want Jonathan to remain president?

Yoruba will continue to be neutral in the South vs North issue because we are also in the North.

It's like telling us to join in a SE/SW VS SS undecided undecided undecided undecided There are Yorubas in SS. SS/SE VS SW will fail because the Yorubas are present and form majority in a key SS state(Delta) and also are minority in Edo.

Hope you guys understand Yoruba's neutrality better when regional politics is being played...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Lavishes $2m On Donald Trump’s Hotel Suite / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Tip Aig-imoukhuede As Next CBN Governor / Fight Against Corruption: EFCC In Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.