Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

If Someone Walks Out On You.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Someone Walks Out On You.... (1324 Views)

My Neighbours Boyfriend Walks Half Nakeed Round The Compound / Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding / Wife Walks Out On A Two Day Old Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Someone Walks Out On You.... by durobraham(f): 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
Saw this on twitter recently
"If someone walks away from you let them go. You can't convince a monkey that strawberries are better than bananas"

Such statements amuse me beyond words. People really have to stop thinking of relationships in such a manner.
My advice to myself&you my friend is this-
If someone walks out on your relationship recognise that they have a right to seek their own happiness, if that happiness is no longer with you, wish them well&let them go.

Its a wrong mentality that makes someone say 'm strawberry, ure leaving me for banana'&all this other nonsense.

Personally, I know I am a wonderful, beautiful woman, just because someone I like doesn't like me doesn't make me ugly, it just means I am not suitable for them. It just means I am not their choice&thats ok.

I have also rejected a number of nice people in my life&i still have a lot of respect for some of them.

The fact is this, no one is a universally suitable partner, one persons dream is another ones 'management' such is life.

Therefore,If love hurts you pick yourself up&try again. Don't spend too much time dwelling on the disappointment. If u must remember, remember the good times&be grateful that you at least had those few months/days/years.

Don't sit there thinking they are foolish to throw a good thing away, instead recognise that no matter how wonderful you are, you can't be everyones dream.

This is the one of the ways to release yourself from the trap of bitterness& the paralysing heartache that accompanies such unwilling break-ups.

Finally trust God to bring new opportunities your way, because He is able&He will give you the desires of your heart.

So to anyone out here who's nursing a broken heart, here's what I say- cheer up, life is too beautiful to waste crying or wishing anyone ill.

Trust God, love people.Sometimes it will hurt but no matter what don't stop. Someday soon, your very own custom made rainbow will appear in the clouds&none of the darkness will matter anymore.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Dyt(f): 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
@topic
As CoCoas siggy says
Call dem back n give dem t.fare

3 Likes

Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Idowuogbo(f): 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dyt: @topic
As CoCoas siggy says
Simplez!
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 29, 2013
Suuweet!
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by durobraham(f): 4:39am On Jan 29, 2013
quote author=Dyt]@topic
As CoCoas siggy says
Call dem back n give dem t.fare [/quote]

Lmao!
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 29, 2013
..the best I've ever read on nairaland. Thanks @op, cuz I'll walk out of a relationship within the next 24 hours. Now I can do this without feeling awkward and bitter.
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by chronique(m): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2013
Harwo: ..the best I've ever read on nairaland. Thanks @op, cuz I'll walk out of a relationship within the next 24 hours. Now I can do this without feeling awkward and bitter.

Are you running from val's day spending? Just curious...

1 Like

Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2013
chronique:

Are you running from val's day spending? Just curious...
I had in mind to ask same grin grin
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by chronique(m): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2013
binger: I had in mind to ask same grin grin

hehehe
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by durobraham(f): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2013
Harwo: ..the best I've ever read on nairaland. Thanks @op, cuz I'll walk out of a relationship within the next 24 hours. Now I can do this without feeling awkward and bitter.

Thanks for the high praise but seriously y r u walking out of your relationship, have you thought it out clearly enough? Are you certain this is what you want?
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 29, 2013
Is it me or does this thread sound like a response to sweetlemon's thread?
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by cumudie(f): 10:02am On Jan 29, 2013
Yh berries ova banana... @ op u ar in a sane state dats y u hav all ur reasons nd points lined up. Everyone is lil bit differnt so u gats get it dat its nt their fault dem b lamentin....
Nice write up doe......
Nb: nobody takes rejection with a shrug cmon u aint super man...
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by durobraham(f): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2013
ItsModella: Is it me or does this thread sound like a response to sweetlemon's thread?

Its just you, I don't know what thread you are refering to
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by durobraham(f): 11:06am On Jan 29, 2013
cumudie: Yh berries ova banana... @ op u ar in a sane state dats y u hav all ur reasons nd points lined up. Everyone is lil bit differnt so u gats get it dat its nt their fault dem b lamentin....
Nice write up doe......

Nobody takes rejection with a shrug, I agree! Especially if the relationship meant a lot to you.
The point is that folks shouldn't be bitter&diss their exes just cos they got dumped.

Thanks a lot for the compliment btw.
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2013
Can someone help me summarize?
undecided
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by oluks05: 5:50am On Jan 30, 2013
AmBeautiful: Can someone help me summarize?
undecided

When ur bf eventually leaves u, wish him d best and move on!
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2013
I did it! Just walked out of d relationship. Nt because of val bt to seek for hapines elsewhere. I dont want to endure, i want to enjoy
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
This is good thinking. Impressive to say the least. Unfortunately though, most Nigerians never think like this. I think years of parent-child struggle engendering self-esteem issues might be the cause.
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by dmcdad: 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
Dyt: @topic
As CoCoas siggy says
I like that... And it should be Taxi...

1 Like

Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by dmcdad: 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
I smell a rat...
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by dmcdad: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
cumudie: Yh berries ova banana... @ op u ar in a sane state dats y u hav all ur reasons nd points lined up. Everyone is lil bit differnt so u gats get it dat its nt their fault dem b lamentin....
Nice write up doe......
You don't need to be super man to be able to get over such... It's kinda easy when you get accustomed to it... It's pretty simple though... I tell ya
Re: If Someone Walks Out On You.... by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
Very nice topic and the poster seems to be full of positive energy. God bless you!

Very good piece of advice. Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? / The Manipulator, The Enslaved, Who Serves Who ? / Romancelanders I'm Depressed: She Prefers Her Friends More Than Me -please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.