Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,568 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty (31400 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos) / Amaechi ...sleeping On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by manny4life(m): 11:22am On Jan 29, 2013
warrior101:

What about beverages? (straight face)

I'm so done with you... Is beverage not a drink? How do you take in beverage? The PO in the picture was he not having a can of soda? Dude, I am so done with you
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by warrior101: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2013
manny4life: Dude, I won't even argue with you.

Like I told you, stick to what you know.

Police officers here DO NOT wear hats, at least the major ones don't. Let me adjust that back, very few state sheriffs do wear hats, like the one's I've seen on the highways.

No, work laws here are different from Nigeria. Here, very often, PO are allowed to buy beverage to keep them warm or chill them due to the nature of their job. Same federal law mandates that after every 4hrs on the job, non-exempt employees are entitled to a 15mins break. The 15mins break is a "PAID BREAK" meaning that you're duty but paid by the entity to leave out. Within that time, you can smoke or do however you feel.

I bet you're posting from a cafe in Iwo road in Ibadan. Read all my posts. I am talking about having a head gear and you are talking about beaks and beverages. And you think you are making a point. Shior grin
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by olaojo: 11:29am On Jan 29, 2013
Nigerian Poice running after one criminal with 2 AK47

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by manny4life(m): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2013
warrior101:

I bet you're posting from a cafe in Iwo road in Ibadan. Read all my posts. I am talking about having a head gear and you are talking about beaks and beverages. And you think you are making a point. Shior grin

Lol... cafe in Ibadan, well continue to expose your location. I bet if they did Geographical search now, I bet it will reveal where you are.

Stop trying to act all smart, you gaffed when you said "POs in all countries wear beret", whatever you choose to call it is your business. Bottom line, you gaffed. Not all police officers wear hats (like we call it), and NO it isn't a sign of duty/off duty. Get your facts together. And as such, whether they wear a hat or not, they still can drink beverage (as shown in the picture) and take smoke breaks (while on duty). Again, get your facts straight.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by freecocoa(f): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2013
Let's put aside the fact that he's a policeman sef, just how can a sane human being be drinking and smoking on a moving motorcycle?

Just how careless and reckless can someone be? Then bring in the part about him being a policeman who's prolly on duty.

No need to wonder why some policemen shoot people at the slightest issue, its all here for us to see.

What a pity, its really sad sad.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by andyanders: 11:47am On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=hansobuks]Sometimes i wonder how Nigerian police men are trained. This is a police man on duty with beer and cigarette on an okada. Naija we hail.[/quote

That is why they turn robbers easily and also can kill at the slightest provocation. They can tag you a thief when you have done nothing and kill you for refusing giving them money which they only use for prostitution and alcohol.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Ninilowo(m): 11:58am On Jan 29, 2013
And if dem oga go talk dem go say na nollywood action no be dem officer.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by dabrake(m): 12:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nigeria Jagajaga
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by geovanni24(m): 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
nigeria has a long way to go in all ramifications grin thats all i can say....nxt comment
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by jidemojola(m): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
Give these guys a break!they are humans like u and me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by dramendra: 12:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
you are the biggest fool, how can am officer this publicly and you say you dont see anything wrong, i guess you just about the same.
J12: I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Kaiser96: 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Akshow: Hillarious. Its Nigeria na. Anythin can happen. Abeg let the man chop the life of his head Joor. When the police chief wey steal twenty somethin billion go Scot free where then is the logic in penalizin this one for drinkin and smokin on okada
... You just said exactly ma mind
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
It is a shame that no one is asking the right question.
The question you should be asking is "why is it okay to sell CAN BEER in traffic"
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by olubat: 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
What do u expect from a product of a terrible police college?
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by abbey2kool: 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Abeg forget all these rubbish jor... Police no be human being? @op do mean police should not eat, drink, smoke even dance?
Abeg we need reasonable topics on the Frontpage
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by kingdomoil: 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
How can you prove to me that you a patriotic Nigeria when you do to to post a negative side of your country to the entire world to see.Are you trying to tell them that there are know gallant policemen in the country called Nigeria. yet the same policemen you portrays tobe wick usually come out best on any international assignment even in the mist those you thought are stronger. let us let to promote our own because it our responsibility as an individual.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by kingdomoil: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
How can you prove to me that you a patriotic Nigeria when all you do is to post negative things about your own country to the entire world.Are you trying to tell them that there are know gallant policemen in the country called Nigeria. yet the same policemen you portrays tobe wick usually come out best on any international assignment even in the mist of those you thought are stronger. let us learn to promote our own because it our responsibility as an individual.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by warrior101: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
kingdom oil: How can you prove to me that you a patriotic Nigeria when you do to to post a negative side of your country to the entire world to see.Are you trying to tell them that there are know gallant policemen in the country called Nigeria. yet the same policemen you portrays tobe wick usually come out best on any international assignment even in the mist those you thought are stronger. let us let to promote our own because it our responsibility as an individual.

grin@gallant
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by odehaj: 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
See the okada man face nah!
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by specialguest(f): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
Looks like a scene from Nigerian comedy flicks just that the actor is not Mr Ibu or Osoufia.
phransix147: This is SHOW of SHAME! He has his Beret on...
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by dnawah(m): 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
If u see the way,him carry the drink am,u go know say na F.O.Cgringrin
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by josite: 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
dis one small now.u no see where police dey do ash regularly.constantly and openly with uniform and gun.lol.our country is the most realsistic country on earth.even if u think ur dad is busy solving your problems,you are engaged in self delusion.where do u think janathan is righ now or your minsiter of defence/may GOD open your eyes to see u are on your own in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Koikoi(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
BedLam: who knows if would be his last beer? cos dat okada man face self don mad on he own, make he no go use that o.c mopol take dash one trailer.

O.C mopol? where did you see o.c mopol? This is black atura enjoying free booze.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Damselnoni(f): 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
there was dis police man dat came to my shool,National open university of Nigeria,he said he was luking 4 my gov,then we ask him if our gov was save he said yes,dat he his anew student and he need to see d gov,so we ask him y chose our course?y nt go for criminology so that ur work go gell welwel as an officer.
na so the guy halah,i hate police work,na cuz no job 4 town dat y am in police,police no b beta work.anyway guy welcom to our dept
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
This one dey make me lol

Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Gbawe: 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
I back the Police on this fully. Make dem shack hi-grad skunk and snort 98% pure cocaine sef. Have we not seen the police college they receive their training and orientation from? What do we expect those places to churn out if not savages and callous brutes? We are well on our way to becoming a failed Nation.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
hansobuks: Sometimes i wonder how Nigerian police men are trained. This is a police man on duty with beer and cigarette on an okada. Naija we hail.
Why should you wonder?Did'nt you see where they are being trained in Lagos?That place speaks volume
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by warrior101: 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
chingyjant:
Why should you wonder?Did'nt you see where they are being trained in Lagos?That place speaks volume

I have slept there like twice when my uncle was an instructor there. There are billions of bed bugs there and it smells like toilet. This is not hear say.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by OmoTier1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
Davluck: More
That nah dozing in progress! cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by lokobambam(m): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
Una self kno say body no be firewood na.
Wonce body don tyre, notin you go fit do Ooº°˚
Re: Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty by Revolva(m): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
So what's bad ...abi police bo be person....sey no be tafa loot funds where is he..they have shared money ..leave the comon police to groove jare - abi na him kill jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears / Dokpesi Returns To Detention As Court Defers Bail Ruling / Amaechi, Fashola, Fayemi At APC Caucus Meeting (Caption Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.