Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,495 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (23458 Views)

Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests / Obiano Visits Failing Portion Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Could the mindless idio/t that uploaded the pic of that poor young man -involved in the unfortunate accident- remove it; or one of the moderators can do it.

Idio/ts think just b'cos they have a ready camera on their phone, that it's a license to snap and upload ANYTHING, not minding the fact that the poor guy may have family and loved ones that may visit this site and find out from here that their brother/friend is dead.
Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nightshift(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Chukwu nalu mkpulu obi ndi Öma nwuru na-ndokwa!! A railway line between Enugu and Onitsha must be built . Anambra, Enugu states and investors can do it. Trains calling stations every 20 minutes on both sides will increase trade and provide easy transportation within the two states . It's time for organized transportation in Igboland. Let's get started....
Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Sarky(m): 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
I cnt beliv dt my liltle nephew n niece wer involved wt der schl bus whl comin bak. It wz quite unfortunate 4 sm oda pupils in d same bus wt dem(dou none dead bt many liltle kids sustained serious injuries) whl dey sustained liltle injuries. U can imagine d cries of children @ d schl hospital whl we came 2 pik our kids.

From wht i heard,d tanker driver is an hausa man who wud hv folowd d flyover knowin fully wel dt his truck is nt in order bt he choose 2 folo d busy rail thereby killing many souls. RIP 2 d unfortunate 1s.

Join my family 4 thnksgivn @ All Saints Cathedral Onitsha ds comin Sunday 4 His mercies.

1 Like

Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by redsun(m): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nigerians need to redefine the meaning if vehicles,roads and driving for them to be safe,in the roads.Driving in Nigeria
is suicidal,that one makes it home is always a stroke if luck,not by playing by
the rules.
Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ojeilucky: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR CHILDREN
Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Ndyoo(m): 7:35am On Jan 30, 2013
Sarky: I cnt beliv dt my liltle nephew n niece wer involved wt der schl bus whl comin bak. It wz quite unfortunate 4 sm oda pupils in d same bus wt dem(dou none dead bt many liltle kids sustained serious injuries) whl dey sustained liltle injuries. U can imagine d cries of children @ d schl hospital whl we came 2 pik our kids.

From wht i heard,d tanker driver is an hausa man who wud hv folowd d flyover knowin fully wel dt his truck is nt in order bt he choose 2 folo d busy rail thereby killing many souls. RIP 2 d unfortunate 1s.

Join my family 4 thnksgivn @ All Saints Cathedral Onitsha ds comin Sunday 4 His mercies.

sometimes i wonder whether sheer stupidity runs in some people's brain...here you are making silly and tribalistic statements. if it's what you heard...keep it to yourself....RIP TO THE LOST SOULS.
Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by 7842I: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2013
Omen100: but I passed through that bridge last week naaaaaa, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
the bridge is not that sloppy that when a truck a break fails it will crashed into a another vehicle and killed its passengers
when we add the 30 lives lost to the 50 something yet to identified bodies found in that river in the same Anambra state, one will begin to wonder " what is the truth description of human lives" angry angry angry

rest in peace cry cry cry

Please, let's call a spade a spade, and a shovel by its proper name. The flyover at Nkpor is a very poor job. How can you build a flyover in the center of an existing road? The little road left at the ground near the market is so so congested and there is a traffic jam at that junction everyday.
That road should have been designed to run straight, without anything connecting the heavy vehicles plying the highway with the street road near the market. Some nearby shops should be demolished for the road to be widened as to create space to avoid vehicles stopping at that area, a motor park is needed around there, drive all those touts loading Enugu and Abakeleke into somewhere to cleaar the road and make traffic flow smoothly.
A strong embankment should be made, preventing the possibility of vehicles on the flyover from falling off to plunge unto the vehicles on the ground, like as those flyovers in Lagos. Lastly, the petty trading on the roads near the flyover and near Nkpor market should be stopped, create a market for them somewhere and move them off the roads!

But the political will to do all these is lacking, because Peter Obi is incompetent cool
Re: Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by BeautyQueen1: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
rest in peace to d departed souls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident / Joe Ajaero To Undergo Ophthalmic Investigation, Brain Scan / Singing Of National Anthem In Yoruba, Here Is The Yoruba Version.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.