Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? (4041 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 11:36am On Jan 29, 2013
I have noticed that so many men are quick to say that women should submit to their husbands. Some even claim that women and men are not equal. However, I want to address the christian men since they should understand the concept of Biblical submission.

1. Why don't they practice the kind of love God expects from them? 1Cor13:1 - 13 i.e. Love is kind, patient, polite, not boastful, endures all things, never loses hope, is never happy with injustice, always happy when the truth wins out etc?
2. Why do they always want their wives to submit before loving them even though Christ commanded them to love their eives as He loved the Church?
3. Why do they think submission of their wives makes her inferior considering the fact that God told us to submit to one another? Eph 5:21?
4. Why do they think hunmility, gentleness etc are qualities to be developed by women even though they are clearly the fruits of the Holy Spirit (i.e. Love, joy, peace, faith, gentleness, longsuffering, hope, tolerance and self control) which is the characteristics of a believer either male or female?
5. Why do they allow their families to treat their wives like a household slave even though the Bible says a man will leave his mother and father and cleave to his wife?
6. Why do some of them still support adultery even when the Bible clearly condemns it?

I would appreciate if christian men can answer.

Other men can but please no bashing allowed.

If you don't understand the concepts, please just read.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
Unfortunately, the cyber airways is not for CHRISTIAN MEN only. . . .that is if you can find one!

So. . . here goes: FROM A BLISSFULLY-BLESSED AND HAPPY AGNOSTIC HAPPILY-MARRIED FEMALE! kiss

1. Because they are brain-washed and daft!

I am talking of both the men and the women! kiss
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Callottee: Unfortunately, the cyber airways is not for CHRISTIAN MEN only. . . .that is if you can find one!

So. . . here goes: FROM A BLISSFULLY-BLESSED AND HAPPY AGNOSTIC HAPPILY-MARRIED FEMALE! kiss

1. Because they are brain-washed and daft!

I am talking of both the men and the women! kiss
At bolded, I know that's why i specifically said others can. I directed this to them because I expect them to live according to the Bible they claim to quote or follow. Can you explain point 1?
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
bukatyne: At bolded, I know that's why i specifically said others can. I directed this to them because I expect them to live according to the Bible they claim to quote or follow. Can you explain point 1?

Ok. . . let me balance with my breakfast fOrst! cool

Here goes: kiss
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
1. Why don't they practice the kind of love God expects from them? 1Cor13:1 - 13 i.e. Love is kind, patient, polite, not boastful, endures all things, never loses hope, is never happy with injustice, always happy when the truth wins out etc?

Hmmmm! Because they were NOT conceived in such! kiss It is in the genes. You do not expect HYPOCRITES to act otherwise do you? kiss
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
2. Why do they always want their wives to submit before loving them even though Christ commanded them to love their wives as He loved the Church?

Even after submitting, wives are still not loved! Domestic abuse is very common in MANY CHRISTIAN homes. There is nothing as oxymoro-nic as an AFRICAN OR NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN. . . .The day he or she follows CHRIST trully. . .the day the world would be a better and more peaceful place! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
3. Why do they think submission of their wives makes her inferior considering the fact that God told us to submit to one another? Eph 5:21?

Because, they can smell an MGBEKE OR MODINA2 from miles away! grin Those who take the word 'submit' to the lowest levels of interpretations! If all women were like moi. . .the world submit would have been burned from that local book called 'THE BIBLE'! kiss
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
4. Why do they think humility, gentleness etc are qualities to be developed by women even though they are clearly the fruits of the Holy Spirit (i.e. Love, joy, peace, faith, gentleness, long-suffering, hope, tolerance and self control) which is the characteristics of a believer either male or female?

The same 'HOLY SPIRIT' that adulterated another man's VAJIN bride before he could pop the 'cherry'? tongue
Well, no wonder. Need I say more? cheesy
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
5. Why do they allow their families to treat their wives like a household slave even though the Bible says a man will leave his mother and father and cleave to his wife?

This can only happen among DIVINE-ILLITERATES or POVERTY-STRICKEN LOW-INCOME-GROUP half-breeds in POLYGAMOUS DOG-OUTS OR BULL-PENS! kiss I have NEVER encountered such a 'PATIENCE NZOKWOR/SALAWA ABENI'-like NOLLYWOOD MATRIMONIALsaga OF PURELY-PRIMITIVE RUSTICITY in my entire life. CHRISTIAN OR NOT! I hope I never do. I don't associate with SUCH BUSHMEATS! I was not born and raised in such environment. . . no matter how financially-disadvantaged in the face of overwhelming material and spiritual poverty! kiss
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
6. Why do some of them still support adultery even when the Bible clearly condemns it?

This is where the HYPOCRISY OF THE SO-CALLED BIBLE becomes the ALBATROSS of CHRISTIANS. How can CHRISTIANS condemn adultery. . .WHEN THEIR HOLY-GHOST with the permission of their so-called "GOD" of Israel and Jacob. . .COMMITTED THE FIRST ADULTERY IN THE HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY? grin

Can Satan cast out SATAN? cheesy I think not! kiss

There! I have answered. Nice topic. wink
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 1:20pm On Jan 29, 2013

Thanks.

There is absolutely nothing like a 'CHRISTIAN' MAN OR WOMAN. . . JESUS CHRIST NEVER GOT MARRIED. . .HE ALSO DIED WITHOUT HAVING SE-X! The next best thing you can ever have are 'COUNTERFEITED-CHRISTIANS' too frustrated to smell their own hypocritical azzzes!

I hope my response does not count as 'basssshing' o! wink

I am VERY FEMALE. . . UNLIKE ANY CHRISTIAN ONE. . . I DO POSSESS EXTREMELY ACTIVE BRAIN-CELLS! I don't need to thank any GOD for that! kiss It is a WOMAN'S WORLD TOO. . .ESPECIALLY THE CYBER AIRWAYS INCLUDING ON NL! kiss

Boy! I must have slept well!!! cool
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Callottee: I agree with your point of hypocrisy being the root cause. However, some of these concepts are spiritual and since you're not a christian, i don't expect you to understand. However, I would appreciate you seek explanation for concepts you don't understand. Your analysis for some points are nice.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Callottee:

There is absolutely nothing like a 'CHRISTIAN' MAN OR WOMAN. . . JESUS CHRIST NEVER GOT MARRIED. . .HE ALSO DIED WITHOUT HAVING SE-X! The next best thing you can ever have are 'COUNTERFEITED-CHRISTIANS' too frustrated to smell their own hypocritical azzzes!

I hope my response does not count as 'basssshing' o! wink
It is and you know. A christian is not a physical chid of Jesus but a person who is like Christ in thoughts, deeds and actions.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Callottee: 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
bukatyne: It is and you know. wink A christian is not a physical child of Jesus but a person [size=20pt]who is like Christ in thoughts, deeds and actions. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[/size]

Sorry about your 'bashing' interpretation. . . I am just an UNEQUIVOCAL poster. . .as always.
As for the red-bolded part. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY WITH SUCH QUALITIES. . .THE REASON I CAN NEVER ACCEPT CHRISTIANITY IN MY LIFE OR DEATH. kiss I ain't got all day to address that without derailing this thread. Derailing threads is NOT part of my NL agenda for 2013. So, I thank you once again for this 'folgers-in-my-cup-topic'. . . . !

I have written all there is to write. cool

Off to the gym! cool

*thread unfollowed*

Next please. kiss
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Callottee:

Sorry about your 'bashing' interpretation. . . I am just an UNEQUIVOCAL poster. . .as always.
As for the red-bolded part. . .I ain't got all day to address that without derailing this thread. Derailing threads is part of my agenda for 2013. So, I thank you once again for this 'folgers-in-my-cup-topic'. . . . !

Off to the gym! cool
goodluck in the gym!
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
bukatyne: I have noticed that so many men are quick to say that women should submit to their husbands. Some even claim that women and men are not equal. However, I want to address the christian men since they should understand the concept of Biblical submission.

2. Why do they always want their wives to submit before loving them even though Christ commanded them to love their wives as He loved the Church? I've not read the Bible in a while, BUT I have to ask you Holy Bukky: Which comes first - submitting to your husband or loving your wife (as Jesus loved the Church); which one comes first in that Bible verse? Meanwhile I like how you use the word "commanded", as if Christ did not command you to submit to your husband. Smh.

4. Why do they think hunmility, gentleness etc are qualities to be developed by women even though they are clearly the fruits of the Holy Spirit (i.e. Love, joy, peace, faith, gentleness, longsuffering, hope, tolerance and self control) which is the characteristics of a believer either male or female?
6. Why do some of them still support adultery even when the Bible clearly condemns it? Is it not better to openly 'support' adultery (as many men do), than to secretly COMMIT adultery (as many women do)? Hypocrisy is the worst sin of all.

Thanks.

You're on a VERY long thing. Any Nigerian woman with this your combative, oversabi, and 'do-me-I-do-you' mindset is bound to languish in spinsterhood/single-motherhood, or get divorced sooner than later, or worse still, endure a marriage characterised by strife. Two people cannot be 'claiming right' (as the saying goes in Naija) at the same time and expect peace to reign. Peace can only reign when one party plays the role of pacifier, that's the whole truth.

If your pastor, mother, sisters, cousins, or friends have been deceiving you that you should misunderstand the Bible and claim nonsense "right" in order to 'show' your man how 'wise' you are, then you are on your own. The truly wise women know their roles as the 'neck' that swings the head in any direction it pleases. Such women are to be emulated, or at least envied. I don talk my own finish.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by freshera: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dear why bother yourself about some people? LET US SEE WHO WINS AT THE END. May we all win together.

Some men want women to submit to them but they do not submit to God. They are going to hell. God is no respecter of anyone.

How can anyone believe God is unfair to women and still serve Him? How?

It is better to focus on your own journey, decide that God is more than marriage or children or money and try and make it to heaven. Even Pastor Adeboye said he says "God ples rem me on the day you come". Is it an unsubmissive christian man that will make it?

This is a God that was not created, that has no birthday yet designed the flowers, fishes, birds, invented animals and man. he made this terrestial ball we are on, as hot as the sun is he made it.

He is a designer, a physician, a psychologist, a physicist, a comedian, a lover, a ruler, an advocate, an engineer, a friend, a father and a mother, He is more beautiful than pleasure, more lovely than life. Who created Him . . . HALLELUYAH!!!

He invented time and space, vacumm and matter, love and sex, laughter and even satan was his product. What are we talking about?

IF YOU KNOW A MAN IS NOT DOING GOD'S WILL, DON'T MARRY HIM. Life is for maximum 130 years. A day in eternity is like a small bird sipping form the pacific ocean every 1000 years, the day the bird finishes drinking the ocean is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT up to ONE DAY IN ETERNITY.Stick with the truth. The woman is not the man's neighbour, she is his body. he is meant to love her as himself.

God will ask every husband why the wife under them did not fulfill her destiny FULLY, use her talents to HIS GLORY, make money for the gospel. God gave every Christian woman special talents (the kind that Adam and Eve had), brains, destiny, souls to preach to, people to help and deliver etc. Their blood is on her head. No way is she making heaven without finishing her assignment.

Souls are waiting for the money to be made and for it to reach them. God will ask why those souls were not reached because one Naija man somewhere refused to allow his wife stamp her signature (I was ere) on planet earth all because of demonic ego that was maybe nurtured by another woman (his mother) who did it to compensate for her husband's failings. na wa !

What is the point of being a mother on earth and you and your kids go to hell?

People are in hell as we 'speak'. So please leave the trad bros alone. They are distractions, deal ruthlesly with them. DO CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE NOT AFRICAN MARRIAGE AND BE BLESSED.

I went to a 9hr non-stop praise program recently and this guy Darae Palmer was saying God told him "The pedestal you put you son(he worships his son), that is the point you start for me".

http://dovevision.tv/blog/blog.php

In the link above, Gbile Akanni(popular christian man) was saying how God cursed the woman and said the man will rule over her. IT WAS A CURSE. THE BIBL CALLED IT A A CURSE. They are meant to rule together.

Women sacrifice God's will because of worldy stigma, marriage and children. Let us see what happens at the end. In the time of Noah, only his family was righteous so it is possible to have few good men. Most women know the men are bad yet they manage and manage and then produce sons just like their fathers so the ugly cycle continues.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by freshera: 11:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
This is a God that was not created, that has no birthday yet designed the flowers, fishes, birds, invented animals and man. he made this terrestial ball we are on, as hot as the sun is he made it.

He is a designer, a physician, a psychologist, a physicist, a comedian, a lover, a friend, a father and a mother, he is more beautiful than pleasure, more lovely than life.

He invented time and space, vacumm and matter, love and sex, laughter, emotions, even satan was his product. What are we talking about?

IF YOU KNOW A MAN IS NOT DOING GOD'S WILL, DON'T MARRY HIM. It is not good to be lonely but it is better to be lonely than think you can do the wrong thing and later come back to God. Life is for maximum 130 years. A day in eternity is like a small bird sipping form the pacific ocean every 1000 years, the day the bird finishes drinking the ocean is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT up to ONE DAY IN ETERNITY.Stick with the truth.

People are in hell as we 'speak'. So please leave them alone. DO CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE NOT AFRICAN MARRIAGE AND BE BLESSED.

I went to a 9hr non-stop praise program recently and this guy Darae Palmer was saying God told him "The pedestal you put you son(he worships his son), that is the point you start for me".

In the link above, Gbile Akanni(popular christian man) was saying how God cursed the woman and said the man will rule over her. IT WAS A CURSE. THE BIBL CALLED IT A A CURSE. They are meant to rule together.

Women sacrifice God's will because of worldy stigma, marriage and children. Let us see what happens at the end. In the time of Noah, only his family was righteous so it is possible to have few good men. Most women know the men are bad yet they manage and manage and then produce sons just like their fathers so the ugly cycle continues.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Nobody: 3:12am On Mar 05, 2013
Such men exist... the problem is the women find it difficult to find them because they spend their time fixated on ephemeral qualities like "swag", money and fame.

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by maryini(f): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
@OP, You have spoken the REAL truth.

1000000 likes.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
pro01:

You're on a VERY long thing. Any Nigerian woman with this your combative, oversabi, and 'do-me-I-do-you' mindset is bound to languish in spinsterhood/single-motherhood, or get divorced sooner than later, or worse still, endure a marriage characterised by strife. Two people cannot be 'claiming right' (as the saying goes in Naija) at the same time and expect peace to reign. Peace can only reign when one party plays the role of pacifier, that's the whole truth.

If your pastor, mother, sisters, cousins, or friends have been deceiving you that you should misunderstand the Bible and claim nonsense "right" in order to 'show' your man how 'wise' you are, then you are on your own. The truly wise women know their roles as the 'neck' that swings the head in any direction it pleases. Such women are to be emulated, or at least envied. I don talk my own finish.
Thanks for 'talking your own'

and like you rightly said... it's 'your own'.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
davidylan: Such men exist... the problem is the women find it difficult to find them because they spend their time fixated on ephemeral qualities like "swag", money and fame.
Hi David, I admire some of your posts [s]maybe because you are my baby's namesake [/s]

@Topic: I know such men exist because I have one by my side. I am not even concerned with non christain men because we know they don't know these things. I am referring to 'Christian' men who still exhibit all these. We find the worst marriages in church that should lead the way.

The men are so fixated on the 'headship' yet they are not ready to love. When it comes to marriage, most of them are still very very traditional. There is an elder who is a good Bible studenta nd still maltreats his wife and there are many like that.

That's why I'm wondering what is going on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
freshera: Dear why bother yourself about some people? LET US SEE WHO WINS AT THE END. May we all win together.

Some men want women to submit to them but they do not submit to God. They are going to hell. God is no respecter of anyone.

How can anyone believe God is unfair to women and still serve Him? How?

It is better to focus on your own journey, decide that God is more than marriage or children or money and try and make it to heaven. Even Pastor Adeboye said he says "God ples rem me on the day you come". Is it an unsubmissive christian man that will make it?

He is a designer, a physician, a psychologist, a physicist, a comedian, a lover, a ruler, an advocate, an engineer, a friend, a father and a mother, He is more beautiful than pleasure, more lovely than life. Who created Him . . . HALLELUYAH!!!

He invented time and space, vacumm and matter, love and sex, laughter and even satan was his product. What are we talking about?

IF YOU KNOW A MAN IS NOT DOING GOD'S WILL, DON'T MARRY HIM. Life is for maximum 130 years. A day in eternity is like a small bird sipping form the pacific ocean every 1000 years, the day the bird finishes drinking the ocean is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT up to ONE DAY IN ETERNITY.Stick with the truth. The woman is not the man's neighbour, she is his body. he is meant to love her as himself.

God will ask every husband why the wife under them did not fulfill her destiny FULLY, use her talents to HIS GLORY, make money for the gospel. God gave every Christian woman special talents (the kind that Adam and Eve had), brains, destiny, souls to preach to, people to help and deliver etc. Their blood is on her head. No way is she making heaven without finishing her assignment.

Souls are waiting for the money to be made and for it to reach them. God will ask why those souls were not reached because one Naija man somewhere refused to allow his wife stamp her signature (I was ere) on planet earth all because of demonic ego that was maybe nurtured by another woman (his mother) who did it to compensate for her husband's failings. na wa !

People are in hell as we 'speak'. So please leave the trad bros alone. They are distractions, deal ruthlesly with them. DO CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE NOT AFRICAN MARRIAGE AND BE BLESSED.

@ Freshera, how are you?

I really appreciate your input on this topic. the problem is our society and the church teach that a woman's life ends when she marries. Marriage is the zenith of her life. They are also so quick to preach submission but would never preach that a man should love. They quickly forget the case of Ananias and Sapphira and women like Abigail who could think on their own. When it suits them, they are traditionalists.

As greatgod2012 would say, May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
maryini: @OP, You have spoken the REAL truth.

1000000 likes.

Thanks. I would like to see a change.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 06, 2013
bukatyne:
Hi David, I admire some of your posts [s]maybe because you are my baby's namesake [/s]

@Topic: I know such men exist because I have one by my side. I am not even concerned with non christain men because we know they don't know these things. I am referring to 'Christian' men who still exhibit all these. We find the worst marriages in church that should lead the way.

The men are so fixated on the 'headship' yet they are not ready to love. When it comes to marriage, most of them are still very very traditional. There is an elder who is a good Bible studenta nd still maltreats his wife and there are many like that.

That's why I'm wondering what is going on.

lol thanks. Your baby is blessed!

I understand your point and i have often found myself asking the same question. I think part of it has to do with our culture... most of our men grew up in homes where daddy's word is law and thus do not understand why they should be any different. Many of us have no understanding of what "love" truly is... even here you see husbands of tomorrow mocking men who cook, clean and help their wives... calling them mugus. Last but not the least... do not be fooled, many so-called church elders are truly not regenerated in their hearts. I stand firm by this belief - any man who maltreats his wife truly does not have the love of Christ in his heart regardless of how many bible verses he has memorized.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2013
davidylan:

lol thanks. Your baby is blessed!

I understand your point and i have often found myself asking the same question. I think part of it has to do with our culture... most of our men grew up in homes where daddy's word is law and thus do not understand why they should be any different. Many of us have no understanding of what "love" truly is... even here you see husbands of tomorrow mocking men who cook, clean and help their wives... calling them mugus. Last but not the least... do not be fooled, many so-called church elders are truly not regenerated in their hearts. I stand firm by this belief - any man who maltreats his wife truly does not have the love of Christ in his heart regardless of how many bible verses he has memorized.

Thanks, I am blessed to have him too.

I believe that Christian men (and women) need reorientation about living Christlike lives as even women contribute to this problem. A lot of us (christians) are still traditional in our beliefs and instead of letting Christ renew our minds, we just add christianity to our former life hence the ability to wear and drop christianity at will.

May God help us, It's not easy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by softy(m): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
bukatyne: I have noticed that so many men are quick to say that women should submit to their husbands. Some even claim that women and men are not equal. However, I want to address the christian men since they should understand the concept of Biblical submission.

2. Why do they always want their wives to submit before loving them even though Christ commanded them to love their eives as He loved the Church?

Thanks.

Please answer the following questions humbly:

Are u a christian?
Are u married?
What makes it difficult for anyone or someone to easily submit and succumb to a higher authority (husband,leaders and heads)as God demanded
Is it sturbborness, inferiority complex or superiority complex, gender-equality mindset

Your answers are very important!

THANKS
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
softy:

Please answer the following questions humbly:

Are u a christian?
Are u married?
What makes it difficult for anyone or someone to easily submit and succumb to a higher authority (husband,leaders and heads)as God demanded
Is it sturbborness, inferiority complex or superiority complex, gender-equality mindset

Your answers are very important!

THANKS

Hi Softy,

We are discussing about Christian men and not women however, I will answer your questions.

1. Yes
2. No
3. I don't know what you mean by gender-equality mindset as the genders are equal. Most people would unconsciously submit to leaders who show them love.

There are exceptions however.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Princesszoe: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
What about men who Bleep outside, are they equally christians? In as much as we have many bad and immoral married men, we still have faithful and upright men. Being a church leader or church goer doesnt make a married claimed christian man, christ like especially towards his home but simply being faithful to your wife, God and marriage no matter the issue or temptation.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by Princesszoe: 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
What about men that Bleep outside, are they the christians you guys are talking about ? The word "christian" has been basterdized. A christian man fucking outside, smoking, beating the wife, been proud and arrogant, allowing his mother to destroy his marriage, knowingly drinking beer in excess , asking the wife not to wear trousers or look attractive yet admire women that dressed like that. Are all these characteristics christ like ? In as much as we have hypocrites, we have faithful christians and even faithful non christians. But we need christ in our lives.
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by bukatyne(f): 11:55am On Jun 05, 2013
Princess zoe: What about men that Bleep outside, are they the christians you guys are talking about ? The word "christian" has been basterdized. A christian man fucking outside, smoking, beating the wife, been proud and arrogant, allowing his mother to destroy his marriage, knowingly drinking beer in excess , asking the wife not to wear trousers or look attractive yet admire women that dressed like that. Are all these characteristics christ like ? In as much as we have hypocrites, we have faithful christians and even faithful non christians. But we need christ in our lives.

Very True
Re: Why Don't Christians Apply The Bible To Their Lives Especially In Marriages? by tpia5: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2013
It takes discipline, not everybody has that.

Also why many marriages of non-christians seem to be doing better than the christians' own.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Our Baby Win The Cussons Baby Competition / Would You Attend A Wedding Without An Invitation? / Should I Cheat On Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.