Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice (14451 Views)

CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 / Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Ayoobscom(m): 6:30am On Jan 30, 2013
The ivorians bench is more skilful than Nigerian 1st eleven...well,we should play defensive and rely on counter attack
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by samfibby(m): 6:39am On Jan 30, 2013
The players should go into the field with three days dry fast. No food or water. Dem go hear....wen. grin
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Frostyzone(m): 6:44am On Jan 30, 2013
To play such a team with a lot of individual talents like Ivory Coast, Stephen Kechi needs to employ the man marking strategy and counter attacking formation, preferably something like 5-4-1.

But to make that formation efficient, Super Eagles should improve on their on-the-ball mentality. Passing, ball control and crossings must be above average.

Playing that formation means they may have to surrender the mid-field to the oppositions, and hit them on the break. So thus, should make every pass count as Ivory Coast would probably dominate proceedings.

Musa, Yobo and Echiejele must not feature at any moment of that encounter.
Super Eagles must be faster than the Ivoriens at any on and off-the-ball situations(the effectiveness of the counter-attack strategy depends on it)

Last but not the least, Super Eagles must improve on their tackling. They should learn how to tackle and intercept with finesse without knocking/hacking down their opponents in the process. Unless, they aim to finish the game with 9 men, because the Ivoriens are a skilful team.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by otodeluxe(m): 6:45am On Jan 30, 2013
But Ivory Coast don't have a second chance too. Its the same thing. I know they are afraid of us too grin
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by dumjoshua: 6:45am On Jan 30, 2013
if we can strengthen our mid field ad avoid unnecessary drible,i assure u we can beat them.we must first of all,ask 4 forgivness because of our sins and pray collectively as nigerians
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Fiawest(m): 6:47am On Jan 30, 2013
Our own Moses don lead us to dead end...lol
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by achu442(m): 6:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Have u watched CIV in this tournament?Their key players are Gervinho and Yaya.They are very deadly on the ball.Just use the Chelsea-Barca format 6-3-1.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by benlay(m): 6:55am On Jan 30, 2013
I can't believe that some Nigerians believe that the Eagles will beat the CIV Elephant , u better be kidding me. ....anyway let's wait and see, I just don't want us to be ridiculed.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Syenite(m): 6:55am On Jan 30, 2013
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Enyeama

Omeruo >>>Ambrose >>>Obaobona >>>Echiejile

>>>>>>>>>Mikel >>>Mba

>>>>Emenike >>>Nosa >>>Moses

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ideye

This could serve as 4-5-1 or a trickish 4-3-3

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by jude33084(m): 6:56am On Jan 30, 2013
Just play aŋԂ come home undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Owodiong(m): 7:00am On Jan 30, 2013
Ile-Ife:

No
y we qo change am instead mek he gud selection
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by buoye1(m): 7:02am On Jan 30, 2013
njokusboy: LolZz, instead of this foolish nigerian team to get knocked out from d group stage nd save us further embarassment, they went ahead to win. Na their wahala sha, I go buy beer wit peppersoup dat day. I no lyk headache.
DPIAF
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Jarus(m): 7:08am On Jan 30, 2013
Score two early goals and park bus.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Xfactoria: 7:14am On Jan 30, 2013
No need to rack your brains for strategy.

Just tell those boys we (Nigerians) aren't expecting anything from them. They should just go and enjoy themselves on the pitch (like they have nothing to lose) and battle to exchange jerseys with Drogba, Yaya Toure et al.

If they do this, hopefully, they won't be playing under pressure and that can count for composure. They should be shown the video of Oldham vs Liverpool. They should go into the match with an underdog mentality, it could be a plus.

If they ever go with a mindset to beat Ivory Coast to prove critics wrong, they will come back home with basket full of goals because they are more likely to make more costly mistakes when under pressure than when composed.

Na mind game!

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Kaxmytex(m): 7:15am On Jan 30, 2013
samfibby: The players should go into the field with three days dry fast. No food or water. Dem go hear....wen. grin
lol....why cant u do d fasting 4 dem..
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Syenite(m): 7:17am On Jan 30, 2013
This boys can rise to the occasion. They play according the strength of their opponent. Who ever gave them a chance against Venezuela and Catalunya?
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Xfactoria: 7:17am On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus: Score two early goals and park bus.

Na yams to score 2 goals? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by RexioKlasik(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Very simple but serious..dey need 2 mark seriousliy dose hu need 2 b marked...and dey shud not ovalap at d defensive flank...dey shudnt even giv people lyk Toure,Drogba and Gervino breathing space.....
But shaa b4 dey enta d field,..

Make dem pack dia bags keep incase dey cnt follow dese instructions....
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Jarus(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Yobo is needed in defence. He is more experienced and will be a little more respected by the Ivorian stars than an unknown home-based. Partner him with Ambrose, while Omeruo and Echiejile operate from back flanks.

Midfield: I think we should retain Ogude in defensive midfield, but needs to be more measured in his tackles. Retain Mikel and Mba(ahead of Nosa) in central midfield.

Attack: Moses and Emenike as sure starters, one of Musa/Uche/Ideye to support(too bad none of them is clicking)
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by obiekweobiekwe: 7:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Let see how it goes....
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by chiefmega: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2013
my formation 4-1-3-2( 4-4-2) because that 4-3-3 is difficult for eagles to play.
>>>>>>>>>>> enyema>>.
>>ambrose-omeroue-obanobana-echiejile>>
>>>>>>>>>>mikel(ogude suspened)>>>
>>>>>> onazi- sunday mba- moses>>>>
>>>>>>>>> emenike-ideye >>>>>

subs:nosa igiebor for sunday mba, ike uche for emenike,
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by sylvar02(m): 7:26am On Jan 30, 2013
Lmao dunnoioooo
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by pgiddy(m): 7:28am On Jan 30, 2013
born2fuck: Our midfielder do not click with attackers, our right full back and left full back can't support the attacking either. I think our coach should change to 4-4-2 system, since Emenike is not getting any passes, he should let the midfielder be closer to each other and not playing through non functioning flank this time, we can create two defensive midfielder to support the defence, moses should return to left midfield and we should look for a suitable right midfielder, we should forget the offensive midfielder cos it doesn't function at all,two strikers maybe need while one will be moving back to offensive midfielder to get the ball and other posting as threat to their defenders should they default
Exactly my thoughts,he shld use Ideye and Emenike as d 2 strikers,Mikel n Onazi as d defensive mildfilder,den moses on d left midfield,Mba on d right.If he shld use dat his useleess 4-3-3,we will b Flogged we need to pack dat Midfieldto choke up d Ivorians.I dnt even know wen 9ja started playing 4-3-3.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by shadelek(m): 7:32am On Jan 30, 2013
No need to add messi or ronaldo to the team. If you remember the match between ac milan and arsenal in 2007 ucl, ac milan and liverpool of 2005 ucl, chelsea and barca of 2012 ucl, then you must have d believe that our boys can do it. Go eagles!!!
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by ichidodo: 7:40am On Jan 30, 2013
we are so dead.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by premlove(m): 7:40am On Jan 30, 2013
no bodi gave nigeria a chance against catalona bt we manage to spring a suprise, our super eagles are ful with surprise let jst give them a chance and more ivorians are not dat perfect
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by jhydebaba(m): 7:48am On Jan 30, 2013
In 2004, when Nigeria was to play the then Africa's powerhouse Cameroun (defending champion) in the quarter finals. Everybody was like that is the end of the road but I remember Okocha said "we are eleven players playing against eleven players".
We need not be afraid of the Ivorians, all we need do is to step up our game and with luck on our side; Semi-Finals is sure.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by jarkata(m): 7:55am On Jan 30, 2013
born2fuck: Our midfielder do not click with attackers, our right full back and left full back can't support the attacking either. I think our coach should change to 4-4-2 system, since Emenike is not getting any passes, he should let the midfielder be closer to each other and not playing through non functioning flank this time, we can create two defensive midfielder to support the defence, moses should return to left midfield and we should look for a suitable right midfielder, we should forget the offensive midfielder cos it doesn't function at all,two strikers maybe need while one will be moving back to offensive midfielder to get the ball and other posting as threat to their defenders should they default
u don coach a club b4?
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by zuchyblink(m): 7:55am On Jan 30, 2013
egwueke and aboabona(central defence)
Omeruo for yaya since oga fengor no go play
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Decryptor(m): 7:57am On Jan 30, 2013
The only way to win our match against Cote de Voire: Clone 9 additional Victor Moses and play them on the pitch with the original Victor Moses + Victor Enyeama, that means we'll have all 11 players as "Victors" which will ascertain our Victory. The rest of the players are dimwits. undecided
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by 1shortblackboy: 7:58am On Jan 30, 2013
Cusubaba: Senseless Gaynaian sorry Ghanaian ape. Ghana ugly juju charcoal stars will never win Cape Verde. As usual Ghana should bring their juju from Ewe tribe called Trokosi Voodoo they will never beat Cape Verde. U pig ur name Torgbe means king in Ewe tribe language, don't u pig know that u Ewes are Togolese. Pig go back to Togo, u Ewes are slaves in the hands of Ashanti tribe in Ghana. I.D.I.O.T, which player from Ghana will Nigeria borrow? It's that ugly bleeching face called Asamoah Gyan that playing in women legue in Arab or ur ugly face goalkeeper Dauda that look like baboon. Black is beautiful but Gaynaians sorry Ghanaians charcoal made it ugly.
. If to say nations cup dey for yabbin enh Nigeria for be perpetual champions grin
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 30, 2013
I was hoping we'll be discussing the way forward for the Super Eagles after they are knocked out bi CIV. Or are y'all habouring thoughts in your minds that these harpless bunch can defeat CIV?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Francisca Ordega Donates Wheelchairs To The Needy In Benue. / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso.."who Is Your Man Of The Match? / West Ham United Backs FC Ifeanyi Ubah For Federation Cup Triumph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.