Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice (14452 Views)

CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 / Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by yokiti: 9:08am On Jan 30, 2013
Lets call on the spirits of the team that won Tunisia 94 and Atlanta 96 to back then up as Zambia man said after their 2012 AFCON cup victory.
Better still, lets do the Chelsea versus Barcelona style and pray for a better luck against the Ivorians.
On a more serious note, as it is now, the Ivorian are the favorites but who knows; God of soccer might favour us against them.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by maclatunji: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2013
I was going to create a thread for this.

To beat Ivory Coast, the Super Eagles have to adopt the 4-4-2 formation at the beginning of the match. Play a very high line in defence (Yobo should lead the line), then play Mikel, Igiebor, Moses and Emenike as your attacking quartet. This four will press the Ivorians from their half when they are without the ball and will strive to score a goal or two as early as possible in the game.

The orientation of this line-up is attacking through the middle. The Ivorian defence is its weakest link, we need to run at them without fear. The objective is to put the ball in the back of their net as many times as possible not to look at their names or faces.

Once we score and can defend it into the 2nd half, we will change the formation into a modified 4-3-3 formation. It will be 4-4-2 when we defend and 4-3-3 when we attack, at this point the Ivorians will be tiring. We must exploit the spaces at the back of their defence.

Defence
The essence of playing a high line in defence is to use the offside trap as best we can. The Ivorians will have a few chances when they beat the trap but I expect quick recovery times from our defenders and a world class performance from our goalkeeper.

Penalty Kicks
Our team needs to be proficient at taking penalty kicks whilst Enyeama has to get better at stopping them. Players who don't know how to take penalty kicks should be taught how. The easier way to succeed as a penalty taker is to watch the movement of the goal keeper and place the ball in the opposite direction, blindly kicking the ball will mean a higher chance of you missing it or the keeper saving it.

The Ivorians have not won the African Cup of Nations since 1992. Why? Other teams have defeated them, the Super Eagles can do the same. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by gratiaeo(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2013
The only and easy way is to buy them over, after all our boys just shared $30,000 each for qualify for knockout stage.
Which is approximately $700,00. We should learn how and where to spend our money. If they refuse then threat them with military action after all we have two of our war plane fighting in Mali, revise thEm to CIV. If they no born them well let them play and win the match.........
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by gratiaeo(m): 9:12am On Jan 30, 2013
maclatunji: I was going to create a thread for this.

To beat Ivory Coast, the Super Eagles have to adopt the 4-4-2 formation at the beginning of the match. Play a very high line in defence (Yobo should lead the line), then play Mikel, Igiebor, Moses and Emenike as your attacking quartet. This four will press the Ivorians from their half when they are without the ball and will strive to score a goal or two as early as possible in the game.

The orientation of this line-up is attacking through the middle. The Ivorian defence is its weakest link, we need to run at them without fear. The objective is to put the ball in the back of their net as many times as possible not to look at their names or faces.

Once we score and can defend it into the 2nd half, we will change the formation into a modified 4-3-3 formation. It will be 4-4-2 when we defend and 4-3-3 when we attack, at this point the Ivorians will be tiring. We must exploit the spaces at the back of their defence.

Defence
The essence of playing a high line in defence is to use the offside trap as best we can. The Ivorians will have a few chances when they beat the trap but I expect quick recovery times from our defenders and a world class performance from our goalkeeper.

Penalty Kicks
Our team needs to be proficient at taking penalty kicks whilst Enyeama has to get better at stopping them. Players who don't know how to take penalty kicks should be taught how. The easier way to succeed as a penalty taker is to watch the movement of the goal keeper and place the ball in the opposite direction, blindly kicking the ball will mean a higher chance of you missing it or the keeper saving it.

The Ivorians have not won the African Cup of Nations since 1992. Why? Other teams have defeated them, the Super Eagles can do the same. tongue
Long grammar!
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by snowprince01(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2013
4-5-1.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by wellmax(m): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2013
Just pray for two penalties. grin grin grin
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus: Score two early goals and park bus.
And where will those goals be coming from. Na winsh?
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Ninilowo(m): 9:18am On Jan 30, 2013
SmoothLIFE: Attack their weak defenders like Kolo Toure, Tiene etc etc. These guy are into their mid 30's and have no pace. Have guys like Musa and Moses runing at them. Their Keeper Copa Barry is not better than Enyeama and can easily be scored on. Make sure you stop Yaya Toure and Gervinho and, Nigeria can win. Drogba is closer to 50 than 18 and is not the same Drogba from 5 years ago.
Easy does it. Buh who will convey this to the coaching crew?
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by joebeckz(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2013
God is capable of any miracle, but he doesn't like doing dis sort. 4 e.g. He can take a babalawo & make him a pope, but he will not. so also he ll not let the eagles win wit dis kinda weak play de posses. who agree with me?
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Ninilowo(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2013
musaibnabdul: Only player we have to stop is yaya toure, as for gervinho we all know how poor he is with his descision making, drogba is almost or half a century old,poor defence and a retired goalkeeper. Super eagles carry go
Brilliant!
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by thaoriginator: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2013
devigblegble: Abeg CIV is too small joor, u guys should just wait and see the capability of the eagles, all these while we just playing with yeye team, now u gon see what eagles are capable of Up eagles for life
nice ginger brother! We shld activated the 'never say die' mode and we go nack em akpako. Our midfield should also be strengthen like someone says, there shld also be a 'man to man marking. Yaya toure shouldn't be left alone cos that nigga can hold the ball for long.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by maywes(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2013
Na referee fit win am for us .....
1. Give YAYA TOURE, GERVINO N DROGBA red card ...
2. Give us 3penalty...
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by BlueMurder(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2013
Whatever we do, whatever formation we use, we must find an antidote to Yaya Toure and Gervinho. Without these the two, the Ivoriens are no better than most average teams. We must also be very business-like. Our lethargic displays are very irritating!

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by mars123(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2013
Is it spain we are playing?it is very possible to beat ivory coast...The boys should play with determination and confidence.Whichever team wins it,is the lucky one.They have a better team tho.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by pak: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2013
maclatunji: I was going to create a thread for this.

Defence

Penalty Kicks

Oga Tunji, You're making me laugh in swahili. .. .

Is this a description of how to prepare fufu ?

Admittedly, you made a good analysis but all these means nada in the face of the elephants.

Nigeria can only win if the Ivorians are not prepared or decide to give the match away.

and about the High defence line, I hope you remember that such a tactic can only work with highly intelligent and quick defenders who have a good understanding of one another. . . . .

Even Chelsea had a problem adjusting in the VIlla Boas era not to talk of a Super Eagles team that has not played up to ten matches together.

I will advice you as a friend, to just get a good drink and relax in front of your couch on Sunday with no expectations whatever on your mind
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2013
Apply to CAF for permission to use our hands against CIV.

Or wire some $millions to Issa Hayatou's Swiss Account(him go settle REF)

Or Settle CAF to give us Howard Webb.

Or PDP should send Boko Haram to CIV camp hotel.

Or.........
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by nonesense: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2013
Mintayo: I have gone through all the comments but i have a question--Will keshi be seeing all these comments posted in NL?
Hin username name na Acidtalk grin
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by lekkie073(m): 9:44am On Jan 30, 2013
ivory coast looks the best team in the tournament with their football. the match won't be anything like one team suppressing the other. the ivoriens too know they are up against a team with individuals playing in the same European terrain as them. patriotism concerned, Nigeria is sure to win which may invariably become an opportunity for eagles to pick d elusive title again.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Sezua(m): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2013
obo_man:
5.... Our full backs have to provide enough width. They are not covering ground as they ought to. Gervihno is gonna be a threat, and if we mark him really well, we have a good chance of not conceding. We don't want Gerv to be getting crosses to Drogba, knowing our good Drogba is in the air.
that gervinho ehn......d guy is doing al d job on the flanks.....i xo xowi for nigerian defenders dt day
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2013
kidnap drogba......oya any Igbo boys volunteer
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by maclatunji: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2013
pak:

Oga Tunji, You're making me laugh in swahili. .. .

Is this a description of how to prepare fufu ?

Admittedly, you made a good analysis but all these means nada in the face of the elephants.

Nigeria can only win if the Ivorians are not prepared or decide to give the match away.

and about the High defence line, I hope you remember that such a tactic can only work with highly intelligent and quick defenders who have a good understanding of one another. . . . .

Even Chelsea had a problem adjusting in the VIlla Boas era not to talk of a Super Eagles team that has not played up to ten matches together.

I will advice you as a friend, to just get a good drink and relax in front of your couch on Sunday with no expectations whatever on your mind

The topic says: 'How to defeat Ivory Coast', not how to accept defeat.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by omar22(m): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Andre Uweh: Okechukwu Keshi and Daniel Amokachi were part of the Super eagles team that beat Ivory Coast in 94 nations cup. They are handling the team now and should re-enact that performance stategy.
Though, I doubt it.

Yes they were playing under a football coach not Coco the Clown

Keshi was part of the team was knocked out in a qualification match for the 1986 Nations Cup by Ivory Coast
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Brainformater: 9:51am On Jan 30, 2013
with the way our last game went with the ethopians, i personally dont think we'l pass through dis guys down der. and keshi looks like sombory with HBP. embarassed

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Person2: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2013
edreesabiodun: I was hoping we'll be discussing the way forward for the Super Eagles after they are knocked out bi CIV. Or are y'all habouring thoughts in your minds that these harpless bunch can defeat CIV?
who is CIV? Abeg pack well joor? And i knw most of u haven't even watch d ivorians match b4, dey weren't dat gud as people tink dey were even togo almost beat dem if not 4 one of togo's goal dat was disqualify 4 unknw reason, d ivorians can't even beat us d worst is to play a draw.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by denny4ril: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2013
lord kpakpando: No need to go and be disgraced, its better for dem to pack and head bck to 9ja
You have grasshopper mentality!
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by jaykaylegend(m): 10:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Andre Uweh: Okechukwu Keshi and Daniel Amokachi were part of the Super eagles team that beat Ivory Coast in 94 nations cup. They are handling the team now and should re-enact that performance stategy.
Though, I doubt it.
4get it nigeria can not beat cote de ivoire
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Oluwacolded: 10:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Hahahaha I no fit laugh jare nigerians and their coaching palava,160 million coaches which 1 make keshi come listen to now
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Urine: 10:27am On Jan 30, 2013
Ada Nri1: [size=16pt]I think they should play 4 5 1. With only Victor Moses upfront. The defenders should be warned sternly not to overlap because drogba and Toure are too dangerous to be given that chance [/size]

When you play the 4-5-1 formation,you need a typical centre forward as your point man; big,strong and sharp. Moses doesn't fit into that role.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by torgbe(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2013
bro cool down,torgbe in Ewe is a king,very true but i am a fante from cape coast. I only used the name cuz my girlfriend is an Ewe and i like them a lot, and these ur vitriol on Ghana doesnt change the fact that the nigerian team the super chinchins is mediocre that cant escape the wrath of the ivorians. Relax and watch how Ghana will demolish cape verde on saturday. No tribe in GH is never a slave to the other we all live as one people with a common destiny. [quote author=Cusubaba] Senseless Gaynaian sorry Ghanaian ape. Ghana ugly juju charcoal stars will never win Cape Verde. As usual Ghana should bring their juju from Ewe tribe called Trokosi Voodoo they will never beat Cape Verde. U pig ur name Torgbe means king in Ewe tribe language, don't u pig know that u Ewes are Togolese. Pig go back to Togo, u Ewes are slaves in the hands of Ashanti tribe in Ghana. I.D.I.O.T, which player from Ghana will Nigeria borrow? It's that ugly bleeching face called Asamoah Gya
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Demoinc(m): 10:33am On Jan 30, 2013
Breaking news: T.B Joshua: I dreamt and saw a green eagle will fly ova d elephant.
Aftermath: Wild celebration i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ super eagles camp, Big boss Keshi cancels all training session prior to quarter final match, Mikel and co heads to bar.
Matchday: Nigeria 3 - 0 C.I.V
Moral Ø̶̷̩̥̊͡Ƒ̶̷̩̥̊͡ story: Just get d pastor to prophesise and we win, shikena, 4get all dis tactics wey una dey talk.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by georgio(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2013
Super Sub grin grin grin.

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by manyr4luv: 10:46am On Jan 30, 2013
CFCfan: Keshi should use a 4-5-1 formation against the Ivoriens; or better still a 3-5-2. Naija's midfield needs to be strenghtened in order to deny the plucky Ivoriens the time and space to supply their forwards with killer passes.
IF YOU BLOCK D MIDFIELD, WHAT ABOUT THEIR SWIFT WINGERS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

West Ham United Backs FC Ifeanyi Ubah For Federation Cup Triumph / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso.."who Is Your Man Of The Match? / “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.