Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv (4084 Views)

Which Is The Best Season Movie You Have Seen? / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by SeeWhy(f): 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2008
Hello good people!

I noticed that there are a lot of sick (unrealistic or downright stupid) adverts being aired on TV nowadays, Have u seen

any of late?

Tell us about it and let's share some laffs, wink
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by chiogo(f): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
That cranberry juice commercial where two men are buried in sand is soo annoyin'.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by EmemJU(f): 1:32am On Mar 08, 2008
[color=#770077][/color]i think the stupid HARPIC advert certainly wins it as d worst advert on TV, SILLY

then JIK advert, d woman wit d mumu husband who de pour juice everywhere, (and then carries d drink thru the crowd of people) just because he knows his wife will just smile and JIK IT-- dumb

oh and have u seen d DETTOL advert where the chic just returns frm a journey and d sis says she needs a dettol bath?? why the surprise later? puullleeeeezzzzzzzz
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by watershed1: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2008
What about Omo's Dirt is good advert? Sick as shit
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by DisGuy: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2008
that advert with black girl wearing blonde wigs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

fayruz ,fahruz something like that
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by DisGuy: 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2008
that advert with black girl wearing blonde wigs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

fayruz ,fahruz something like that = crass!
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Gamine(f): 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2008
Dirt is good, really rubbish

Fayrouz, wack

and most of all Nigerian adverts
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by saintkola(m): 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2008
Omo's dirt is good & dettols ad are VERY OK! D worst so far is fayrouz; black girls wiv blonde wigs, how sick is that?
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by dominique(f): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2008
Who remember that delta ad where guys and girls were dancing in a beach, stupid. Most naija ads are dumb like shit. The coke "brr" ad is so annoying. Why d hell are they still advertising coke.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by dominique(f): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2008
Who remember that delta ad where guys and girls were dancing in a beach, stupid. Most naija ads are dumb like shit. The coke "brr" ad is so annoying. Why d hell are they still advertising coke.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Mustay(m): 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2008
OMO's ad is just PURE EXPLOITATION - trying to make much money with less impact.

tell the kids to get dirty and their moms buy OMO - increase in sales sad

for the dettol ad of the lil' gal running away from her dad i n the afternoon; I just wanna know -

what does her father do?

is he a lecturer or engineer? shocked undecided
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Gamine(f): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2008
theres one abt some girl n guy arm wrestling, extremely wack
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by dominique(f): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2008
Drug comercials are the dumbest, theres this one where a family is is jogging, they get tired and decided to use vit c glucose, they felt better (of course) and starting running like they're being chased by wild animals or somn'.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by SeeWhy(f): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2008
There is one by MTN where a lady calls her family and the husband calls the kids to speak to their mom, Initiallly the lady holds no hand set to her ears when the adverts begins (they show her ears and there's nothing there) but @ the end of the call she suddenly brings one out, From where now? unless we now have invisble handsets,

The airwick advert where an elephant mother said her son is a centipede? i don't seem to understand o
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by tunde300us(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2008
Am i the only one that has seen the coke Brr advert, considering that coke is an international brand and its managers collect millions monthly,and yet all they feel is Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Am sure the advert was after a brandy and whisky weekend at the club (Hangover-)
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by saintkola(m): 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
D airwick ad is kool, What dey meant by having a centipede as a son was dat no matter how many 'smelly' shoes u leave out d air freshner would defin8ly cleanse d air!
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by saintkola(m): 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
D airwick ad is kool, What dey meant by having a centipede as a son was dat no matter how many 'smelly' shoes u leave out d air freshner would defin8ly cleanse d air!
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Lola4eva(f): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2008
i agree with mustay on that dettol soap (body odour) advert, very dumb, so because ur father is sweaty and smelly, a child wont be able to hug her dad, sick and annoying

Another advert that completely dulls me is that ambi pur advert. the worst ever made. Two chics standing on the road and a free ride from an alhaji comes, d only reason they dont enter is cos d car is smelly, then another car drives up and they get in cos d smell is cool, totally wack, if you ask me, really dumb. What were the authors of dat advert thinking.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Raymond88(m): 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2008
You guys think you've seen sick adverts? check this one out. . .viewer discretion is advised, strongly advised.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VIfUo91ZrFQ
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Mustay(m): 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2008
SeeWhy:

There is one by MTN where a lady calls her family and the husband calls the kids to speak to their mom, Initiallly the lady holds no hand set to her ears when the adverts begins (they show her ears and there's nothing there) but @ the end of the call she suddenly brings one out, From where now? unless we now have invisble handsets,

Nah! That made sense - trying to show us CALLS are like communicating tete-a-tete! tongue

One might not trust the originality since MTN is currently involved in a advertisement copyright suit tongue
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by dominique(f): 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2008
Another advert that completely dulls me is that ambi pur advert. the worst ever made. Two chics standing on the road and a free ride from an alhaji comes, d only reason they don't enter is because d car is smelly, then another car drives up and they get in because d smell is cool, totally wack, if you ask me, really dumb. What were the authors of that advert thinking.
[quote][/quote]

abi o, what exactly were they trying to promote, ambi pur or prostitution (or both). the cowbell ad, creative as it is, it kindda suck who exactly is the milk for, cow or humans (or both)
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Modups1(f): 11:46am On Mar 18, 2008
SeeWhy:

haba seewhy shocked mtn advert should not be on dis thread at all. dat advert made way more sense dat some really WACK ads on tv
eg: harpic,ambipur, brrrrrrrrr by coke (wat on earth was d person dat endorsed dis ad smoking)
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by lyrica: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2008
I'VE BEEN RACKING WITH LAUGHTER ATY ALL YOUR COMMENTS WHILE RECALLING THE ADVERTS.

PLEASE HARPIC ADVERT IS WHACK ,WHO ARE THEY KIDDING, AMI PUR TOTALLY USELESS ARE THEY PROMOTING PROSTITUTION, ALLLLLL DRUG ADVERTS ARE TERRRIBLE, I WOULDNT BUY THOSE DRUGS because OF THEIR ADVERTS.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by wanitas(f): 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2008
THAT dettol advert where d boy jumps into d water with his clothes and shoes on, i feel like giving him a knock everytime i see it,

HARPIC is super wack, 'BRRRRHH'- coke and others already mentioned
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 27, 2008
That dettol advert should be off the screen before some kid drowns in a well because his mother bathes him with dettol, really stupid
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by lawyerchap(m): 8:25am On Apr 08, 2008
Just before you guys continue railing about how ads are sick and stupid, i must let you know that coming up with those ads involves a whole raft of professionals both on the ad agency's side and on the client's side. Then so that those involved are not found guilty of tunnel vision, there is an additional failsafe that involves testing the ads on teenagers of average intelligence. Once they can grasp the message that the ads are promoting, the ads are certified fit for broadcast.

Granted, production often leaves much to be desired in Nigeria. Granted again, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but to say that a concept is stupid or sick simply because you don't "get it" merely says something about your level of intelligence. Don't forget that ads are tested on teenagers of average intelligence, and they "get it" otherwise the ads wouldn't be aired.

So try and think through an ad before you pronounce judgment on it. And on yourself.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Modups1(f): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2008
lawyerchap!!! cheesy where have u been?
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by lawyerchap(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2008
Modups dearie, longest time. What's been up with you? I've been under the radar for a while. You know its now idols season, that's why i'm back on nairaland. Hope i'll see you on that thread.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2008
@lawyerchap

maybe you should change your testing[b][/b] audience

besides what exactly is 'average intelligience'

And i concur that AMBI-PUR ad is , was and forever shall be WACK, STUPID and SICK! angry

if those girls were in another country they'd be in on a serial killers victim list
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by olu4life(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2008
The ambi pur advert is so sick. By the way wat are promoting? I think they are promoting aristos in their advert shocked

Also the stupid Bank PHB advert concerning two guys playing scramble and saying impossible doesnt exist. It is so annnoying. angry
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 19, 2008
VOTED: ambi pur is my most conceptless ad.
Re: Sick/stupid Adverts You Have Seen On Tv by Mustay(m): 4:25am On Apr 20, 2008
why do DETTOL ads create the impression that without mothers, husbands and children can't take care of themselves?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Figurine(best Nigerian Movie?) / The Hunger Game:Mockingjay pt1 / Unbelievable: I Am Legend Alternate Ending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.