Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning (2656 Views)

The CallED, The SanctifiED And The PreservED - An Exposition On Jude Verse One. / COME LET US REASON TOGETHER –SPIRITUAL UPGRADE AND UPDATE. / Come Now Let Us Reason Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by truthislight: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
Goshen360:

My brother, this your teaching is VERY VERY DANGEROUS. I read it from side-line last night while in bed but I couldn't reply because it was sleep o'clock. How can you say something like this? The reason we fellowship together and scrutinize one another is to stem wrong teachings. The Bereans did same to Apostle Paul. Like Mr. Anony said, this your teaching is wrong bro. Yes, I'm not a law teacher and the strength of sin is the law but Grace however is not a license to continue to sin but Grace is empowerment NOT to continue to sin.

How can you say s.ex without marriage (cannot be sin) is NOT fornication just because someone is in Christ? A Christian can sin even when such is in Christ, that is, it's possible for a Christian to sin (miss the mark or go off the mark or track) when in Christ but we don't GO ON SINNING. The Corinthians Christian, some while in Christ even sleep with their father's wife etc. That doesn't mean they're not Christians anymore but they missed the mark and committed se.xual immorality. When did Apostle Paul, a Grace preacher tell them it's not sin?

but will such ^^^ pepetual sinners inherit God's kingdom?

Corinthians or no corinthian?
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by moredendisc: 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
okeyxyz:

Everything you write above is all abstract, but you have not nailed it down to reality...

A christian is simply someone who is free from sin through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. For the law which condemns us of sin are now abolished. With the law no longer in the way, so likewise is sin no longer in the way.
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law(1 Corinthians 15:56 );

It is impossible for you to sin.
No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God(1 john 3:9 )

Therefore All-Things you used to think were sins(makes you unworthy of godhood) are no longer sins, and you are set free to go as you please. So se.x without marriage cannot be sin, drinking alcohol cannot be sin, gambling cannot be sin, smoking cannot be sin, etc
...FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD’S, AND ALL IT CONTAINS(1 Corinthians 10:26 )

You are left to your own senses to use this new found freedom as you please. You can either use it wisely to your own profit or foolishly to your own loss and sorrows,
All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify(1 Corinthians 10:23 )

but they are not sins for it is impossible for god to sin.

Goshen360:

My brother, this your teaching is VERY VERY DANGEROUS. I read it from side-line last night while in bed but I couldn't reply because it was sleep o'clock. How can you say something like this? The reason we fellowship together and scrutinize one another is to stem wrong teachings. The Bereans did same to Apostle Paul. Like Mr. Anony said, this your teaching is wrong bro. Yes, I'm not a law teacher and the strength of sin is the law but Grace however is not a license to continue to sin but Grace is empowerment NOT to continue to sin.

How can you say s.ex without marriage (cannot be sin) is NOT fornication just because someone is in Christ? A Christian can sin even when such is in Christ, that is, it's possible for a Christian to sin (miss the mark or go off the mark or track) when in Christ but we don't GO ON SINNING. The Corinthians Christian, some while in Christ even sleep with their father's wife etc. That doesn't mean they're not Christians anymore but they missed the mark and committed se.xual immorality. When did Apostle Paul, a Grace preacher tell them it's not sin?

I was posting after the above (i.e. "My brother, this your teaching is VERY VERY DANGEROUS) but retracted before submitting

Only decided to re-posting seeing that Goshen360 had done a follow to "My brother, this your teaching is VERY VERY DANGEROUS"

It becomes obvious where okeyxyz is coming from when reading, carefully okeyxyz's post

Okeyxyz's post is almost right, the exceptions to almost right, are one or two wrongs where bible translations (e.g. 1 John 3:9 KJV) have mistakes and were mistranslated

Until when all "Thou Shall Not . . . " are taken away & God stops issuing it, there will always be the opportunity or chance to sin.

The new found Christian freedom is actually similar to be taken back to Eden and back to Eve

It is a case of back to square one and a similar setting to "All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify"

and like with Eve, now "You are left to your own senses to use this new found freedom as you please. You can either use it wisely to your own profit or foolishly to your own loss and sorrows,"

It is important to bear in mind that the law "Thou Shall Not . . . " (i.e. aase - word which proceeded from God, the King's mouth) was before sin & that sin is disobedience

and this beautifully stated verse"The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law" - 1 Corinthians 15:56

Disobeying the law (i.e. word(s) proceeding from God's mouth) leads to getting stung with or by a sharply-pointed object called sin,

and the poison or venom in the sting/sin has a strength or power of killing (i.e. the end product of sin is death)

It is important to understand

1)What "practicing sin" (i.e. committing sin regularly or breaking laws regularly) means,
2)What is sin or what sin means

The understanding(s) will clarify whether or not "It is impossible for Christians you to sin"

Of course, Christians are capable of sinning. God knows this and His expectation is that they stop from continually sinning gradually and eventually albeit via/with grace

If or when Christians do sin, then Hebrews 4:16 is available.

"It is impossible for you to sin" is an error and has 1 John 3:9 KJV to blame for that, it should had being translated correctly as:

"Those who have been born into God's family do not make a practice of sinning, because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they are children of God."

No one wants to admit having bad kids, all like to believe their kids are good and butter wont melt in their mouths etc etc smiley

and that such good kids are prone to or occasionally do bad things, so it doesn't necessarily mean they are BAD children.

They are Christians good kids that occasionally do bad things

Remorse or repentance after bad act(s) is the ticket back into loving warm and welcoming hands

Christians have Grace to assist or stop them continuing doing bad things

"but they are not sins for it is impossible for god to sin" is an error too - Eve can testify to this

The serpent spun a similar line like that to Eve too saying ". . . you shall be as gods",

after which Eve was then left to her senses; the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

We always had and have grace, grace was in Eden back then and so is now.

Birds do not struggle to fly, they fly gracefully.

Christians too should not be struggling with/at anything but be abound with grace

The grace factor is presented again for Christians to live life effortlessly

and when/if Christians do slip, then Hebrews 4:16 states:

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"

2 Likes

Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Goshen360(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
^

Hey, 1,000,000,000,000,000 LIKES for you!

OmG, moredendisc,

Take my HUG ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Our brother Okeyxyz is going near error and we must attempt to reason scriptures with him in the Spirit of Truth and brotherhood.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by moredendisc: 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
Goshen360: ^

Hey, 1,000,000,000,000,000 LIKES for you!

OmG, moredendisc,

Take my HUG ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Our brother Okeyxyz is going near error and we must attempt to reason scriptures with him in the Spirit of Truth and brotherhood.

Bro. It was just a little "good Samaritank" situation there,

trust Okeyxyz means well however "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" - Proverbs 27:17 NIV

We all on the same moving train smiley smiley
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
moredendisc:

I was posting after the above (i.e. "My brother, this your teaching is VERY VERY DANGEROUS) but retracted before submitting

Only decided to re-posting seeing that Goshen360 had done a follow to "My brother, this your teaching is VERY VERY DANGEROUS"

It becomes obvious where okeyxyz is coming from when reading, carefully okeyxyz's post

Okeyxyz's post is almost right, the exceptions to almost right, are one or two wrongs where bible translations (e.g. 1 John 3:9 KJV) have mistakes and were mistranslated

Until when all "Thou Shall Not . . . " are taken away & God stops issuing it, there will always be the opportunity or chance to sin.

The new found Christian freedom is actually similar to be taken back to Eden and back to Eve

It is a case of back to square one and a similar setting to "All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify"

and like with Eve, now "You are left to your own senses to use this new found freedom as you please. You can either use it wisely to your own profit or foolishly to your own loss and sorrows,"

It is important to bear in mind that the law "Thou Shall Not . . . " (i.e. aase - word which proceeded from God, the King's mouth) was before sin & that sin is disobedience

and this beautifully stated verse"The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law" - 1 Corinthians 15:56

Disobeying the law (i.e. word(s) proceeding from God's mouth) leads to getting stung with or by a sharply-pointed object called sin,

and the poison or venom in the sting/sin has a strength or power of killing (i.e. the end product of sin is death)

It is important to understand

1)What "practicing sin" (i.e. committing sin regularly or breaking laws regularly) means,
2)What is sin or what sin means

The understanding(s) will clarify whether or not "It is impossible for Christians you to sin"

Of course, Christians are capable of sinning. God knows this and His expectation is that they stop from continually sinning gradually and eventually albeit via/with grace

If or when Christians do sin, then Hebrews 4:16 is available.

"It is impossible for you to sin" is an error and has 1 John 3:9 KJV to blame for that, it should had being translated correctly as:

"Those who have been born into God's family do not make a practice of sinning, because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they are children of God."

No one wants to admit having bad kids, all like to believe their kids are good and butter wont melt in their mouths etc etc smiley

and that such good kids are prone to or occasionally do bad things, so it doesn't necessarily mean they are BAD children.

They are Christians good kids that occasionally do bad things

Remorse or repentance after bad act(s) is the ticket back into loving warm and welcoming hands

Christians have Grace to assist or stop them continuing doing bad things

"but they are not sins for it is impossible for god to sin" is an error too - Eve can testify to this

The serpent spun a similar line like that to Eve too saying ". . . you shall be as gods",

after which Eve was then left to her senses; the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

We always had and have grace, grace was in Eden back then and so is now.

Christians too should not be struggling with/at anything but be abound with grace

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"

I second Goshen's comment, this is a beautiful piece, very edifying and liberating.

I came from a legalistic holiness so called church , but had no joy in obedience because of round the clock emphasis on sin and countless dos and donts.

We all know sin is horribly bad, but the sooner we focus on our freedom to obey and the power of GOD available to help us overcome the better, God is not watching us for every little mistake or slip as I thought , he is yearning for us to overcome and become more like his SON daily.

Thank you very much again for this beautiful scriptural exegesis .
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
moredendisc:

thank you for the words of encouragement!
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by okeyxyz(m): 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
Boomark:

1 John 1:9-10
New International Version (NIV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is
faithful and just and will forgive us
our sins and purify us from all
unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we
have not sinned, we make him out
to be a liar and his word is not in
us.

1jn 5:17
All unrighteousness is sin; and yet there is a sin that does not incur death.

I hope you believe John wrote this to Christians not heathen?

1 Tell us what sins he is asking Christians to confess and ask for its forgiveness.

2 He also said those that sin and claim they have no sin are liars. Why?

3 Why is he telling Christians that all unrighteousness is sin? Are these unrighteousness different from that of the world?

#This was an occasion of John trying to guide christians who were not well grounded in gospel. John simply rephrased the words of paul that "All things are lawful but not all things are profitable...". He called it sin instead of "unprofitable" because they were still "babes", not yet mature in the gospel and still have a conscience of sin/law, therefore needed to take the gospel one step at a time. But we can see from verse 18 that he goes on to reassert that anyone born of god CANNOT SIN...

I said it before that a christian is set completely free from the law. Therefore, nothing you do can take away your christianity, but it dosen't mean that you will get away from reckless behaviour. If you choose to rob a bank tomorrow, it is not sin, but know that your run the risk of being caught and...#ALUU4. But your christianity remains intact. For anyone that believes, NOTHING can take away your righteousness.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
okeyxyz:

#This was an occasion of John trying to guide christians who were not well grounded in gospel. John simply rephrased the words of paul that "All things are lawful but not all things are profitable...". He called it sin instead of "unprofitable" because they were still "babes", not yet mature in the gospel and still have a conscience of sin/law, therefore needed to take the gospel one step at a time. But we can see from verse 18 that he goes on to reassert that anyone born of god CANNOT SIN...

I said it before that a christian is set completely free from the law. Therefore, nothing you do can take away your christianity, but it dosen't mean that you will get away from reckless behaviour. If you choose to rob a bank tomorrow, it is not sin, but know that your run the risk of being caught and...#ALUU4. But your christianity remains intact. For anyone that believes, NOTHING can take away your righteousness.

How different are you from the Taliban thinking that you are above secular law?
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by okeyxyz(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
i.chuka:

Dude please do speak English.and stop confusing viewers

My point is that sin is the act of trying to still keep the laws and commandments because they still dwell in your conscience, you have not fully excised yourself from the law. But for any christian is has achieved this, then it is impossible for him to sin. Take me for instance: I don't need marriage as a certificate to have s.ex with a woman, because what we call marriage today was a definition according to the law, though trying to imitate god but only in "shadows"...So when I break that law, I have not sinned because that law is dead to me.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by wordthots: 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
okeyxyz:

Everything you write above is all abstract, but you have not nailed it down to reality...

A christian is simply someone who is free from sin through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. For the law which condemns us of sin are now abolished. With the law no longer in the way, so likewise is sin no longer in the way.
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law(1 Corinthians 15:56 );

It is impossible for you to sin.
No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God(1 john 3:9 )

Therefore All-Things you used to think were sins(makes you unworthy of godhood) are no longer sins, and you are set free to go as you please. So se.x without marriage cannot be sin, drinking alcohol cannot be sin, gambling cannot be sin, smoking cannot be sin, etc
...FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD’S, AND ALL IT CONTAINS(1 Corinthians 10:26 )

You are left to your own senses to use this new found freedom as you please. You can either use it wisely to your own profit or foolishly to your own loss and sorrows,
All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify(1 Corinthians 10:23 )

but they are not sins for it is impossible for god to sin.

About 1john 3:9 I believe the bible was talking about our new nature at the new birth. The recreated spirit cannot sin. But this doesn't mean christians can't sin(it just means sin cannot proceed out of your spirit)...as long as the spirit isn't given the first place the soul and body will lead a christian to sin hence the term carnal christian. The correct order is Spirit- Soul- Body, a reverse in this order will always lead a believer to a struggle with sin.
As long as we walk in the spirit sin cannot have dominion over us, but the minute we do otherwise, we fall into sin.
The beauty of the new birth is the fact that we have a new nature and we do not consciously decide to sin or practice sin, that's what 1john 3:9 is talking about.

Under the new covenant we have liberty but this should never be confused for license.

Like Bro Goshen said it is possible for a Christian to sin but we should never go on sinning. Its true that we are accepted by God not based on our performance but based on christs finished work, but sin is never to be endorsed. We have Gods nature now therefore if we walk in the spirit we would live above sin.

Godbless
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by okeyxyz(m): 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
Goshen360:
Yes, I'm not a law teacher and the strength of sin is the law but Grace however is not a license to continue to sin but Grace is empowerment NOT to continue to sin.
#If we are in grace, then We are unable to sin because sin(The Law) no longer has a place in our hearts. This was the emphasis of Paul:
1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?...(Romans 6:1-... )

How can we continue to sin when we are dead to sin? It is impossible!! It is no longer by effort that we are unable to sin but that sin no longer dwells in our conscience such that those things we used to regard as sin as defined by the law are no longer sin because the law is no longer valid.

Fornication means impure se.x, s.ex not done in the proper manner. The corinthian man tooks his father's wife, a woman legally married to another man, and without the man's consent, therefore was offensive both in a secular and spiritual perspective. But sex between two mutally consenting, unmarried adults CANNOT be sin. It is a gift, it is your nature to be enjoyed, your body demands it, etc.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by okeyxyz(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
Goshen360:
My brother, I don't want you to be guilty of Jude 1:4 please,

New Living Translation
I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives.....

Jude was talking about people who used the liberty of the gospel as excuse to indulge in their abuse of proper sense and wisdom. This is not what I am advocating. Yes, we are free from sin does not mean we can disregard propriety. There is still reward and punishment for the choices you make, Therefore Work out your salvation in fear and trembling..., There is a proper way to do everything under the sun, likewise there is an improper way and each has it's results whether for good or for bad. The important thing is that you are now responsible for your choices. There is moral s.ex which is s.ex between two consenting male and female..., of which taking another man's wife is not, neither is homo/bi-se.xuality, bestiality, etc.

Christ (Grace) did NOT come to license believers to CONTINUE TO SIN JUST BECAUSE HE FULFILLED THE LAW, HE CAME TO EMPOWER BELIEVERS TO OVERCOME SIN AND NOT TO CONTINUE TO SIN BECAUSE HE (CHRIST, GRACE) HAD FULFILLED THE LAW IN WHICH THE LAW IS THE STRENGTH OF SIN. So, since the power of law was destroyed, Grace was GIVEN. That's why Hebrews says, He TOOK AWAY (minus, subtract) the first that He may ESTABLISH (add, plus, save) the second.

I believe i have addressed this in my previous reply to you, through pauls teachings in romans 6:1-...
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by okeyxyz(m): 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
plappville:
WAOHH!!! THIS IS NEW TO ME........... WATCHING FROM SIDELINE.......................shocked shocked shocked

Yup!! grin grin grin Keep watching
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Boomark(m): 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
i.chuka:

Nicely placed!!

wink
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by truthislight: 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
okeyxyz:

My point is that sin is the act of trying to still keep the laws and commandments because they still dwell in your conscience, you have not fully excised yourself from the law. But for any christian is has achieved this, then it is impossible for him to sin. Take me for instance: I don't need marriage as a certificate to have s.ex with a woman, because what we call marriage today was a definition according to the law, though trying to imitate god but only in "shadows"...So when I break that law, I have not sinned because that law is dead to me.

wonderful!

You are a pastor of which church grin

your "GRACE" is very large. Lol

grin grin grin

"christianity" indeed!

grin lol.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by truthislight: 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
okeyxyz:
#If we are in grace, then We are unable to sin because sin(The Law) no longer has a place in our hearts. This was the emphasis of Paul:
1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?...(Romans 6:1-... )

How can we continue to sin when we are dead to sin? It is impossible!! It is no longer by effort that we are unable to sin but that sin no longer dwells in our conscience such that those things we used to regard as sin as defined by the law are no longer sin because the law is no longer valid.

Fornication means impure se.x, s.ex not done in the proper manner. The corinthian man tooks his father's wife, a woman legally married to another man, and without the man's consent, therefore was offensive both in a secular and spiritual perspective. But sex between two mutally consenting, unmarried adults CANNOT be sin. It is a gift, it is your nature to be enjoyed, your body demands it, etc.

"Hallelujah! some body" grin

all say >>> "GRACE!" grin

this is great. This is the greatest sermon i have heard on NL this year. grin lol.

No wonder we have the "broad way"

so this is the life you people live?

Interesting. grin

please give me more. grin grin grin

very "edifying" grin
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by truthislight: 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
okeyxyz:

Jude was talking about people who used the liberty of the gospel as excuse to indulge in their abuse of proper sense and wisdom. This is not what I am advocating. Yes, we are free from sin does not mean we can disregard propriety. There is still reward and punishment for the choices you make, Therefore Work out your salvation in fear and trembling..., There is a proper way to do everything under the sun, likewise there is an improper way and each has it's results whether for good or for bad. The important thing is that you are now responsible for your choices. There is moral s.ex which is s.ex between two consenting male and female..., of which taking another man's wife is not, neither is homo/bi-se.xuality, bestiality, etc.

I believe i have addressed this in my previous reply to you, through pauls teachings in romans 6:1-...

" I love this pastor".

Please "minister to me" grin

"you are really in the spirit(ghost)"

"the ghost is flowing through you"

lipsrsealed

Goshen360:
I've decided to call my Christian brothers and sisters to what I called, sanctified Holy Ghost thinking and/or reasoning

lipsrsealed ^^^
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by plappville(f): 12:05am On Feb 03, 2013
truthislight:

" I love this pastor".

Please "minister to me" grin

"you are really in the spirit(ghost)"

"the ghost is flowing through you"

lipsrsealed

lipsrsealed ^^^

Hahahahaha......grin you mouth close? You go fear gospel for NL....freedom to fornicate etc...grin am sure our unmarried brethren will be enjoying this thread...God have merci!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by plappville(f): 12:12am On Feb 03, 2013
okeyxyz:

Yup!! grin grin grin Keep watching

Yes i will be watching.... You and Obadiah777 have turn
The scripture to make it have a different meaning entirelygrin wetin remain again? If what you are saying is correct, then you are not far from the unbelieve. Matired man and woman can have intima.cy it is not sin, one can steal etc....is this a freedom from Christ? grin I tell you, your church go full wel wel no be small...grin grin
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by truthislight: 1:07am On Feb 03, 2013
plappville:

Hahahahaha......grin you mouth close? You go fear gospel for NL....freedom to fornicate etc...grin am sure our unmarried brethren will be enjoying this thread...God have merci!!! shocked

ma sis,

no be small "ministration" way i dong receive for this thread o!

"Am in the spirit(ghost) right now"

grin
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by christemmbassey(m): 2:06am On Feb 03, 2013
@all, when bro Okeyxyz responded to my earlier post as abstract, i said, tnx for explaining my post in other words",and i was fully aware of that part that refered to intimacy, the problem of okeyxyz is that he brought food for adults and expected babies to also eat hence this constipation. Now james 1:25 says - "But who so looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he not being a forgetful hearer, but the doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed" (KJV). again 1john1:7 says - "but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another......",(KJV) with all these, many instead of looking at the perfect law of liberty(the gospel/grace) and work in the light(Gods word that set men free), they choose to look at their churches/pastors, work in the words of men and according to their feelings, no wonder they shouted, ' blue murder' at okeyxyz's post. There bible says - "for we are his WORKMANSHIP, (re)created (bracket, mine) in Christ Jesus unto GOOD works which God hath befor ordained that we should work in them".(eph2:10, KJV) now if we continue to look at this perfect law of liberty, walk in this light and agree/accept with God that we are his workmanship and that he created us in Christ unto GOOD WORKS, how can we commit sin? When John said the christian can not commit sin, he was not refering to lazx/ignorant/baby christians. Christians commit sin because of the standalone milk that pastors feed them. I was like that, but was freed when i started studying the scripture and stoped the follow-follow christianity, free from sin, fear, manipulation, bitterness, intimidation, tithe, first fruits, harvest, sowing of seeds, deliverance, assignments, selfishness, suspecting/blaming satan for my carelessness/ignorance, eternal torments etc etc etc. Bro lazy christians are in trouble.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by MrAnony1(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2013
Hmm, I might be wrong but I am still seeing a HUGE amount of error here all in the name of "grace" and "spiritual maturity". Some of what I am seeing on this thread is really disturbing. If Jesus tarries, I will be back to comment later but for now make I go church first I dey come.

1 Like

Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by MrAnony1(m): 11:27am On Feb 04, 2013
okeyxyz:

##Before I answer, I need to make you aware of "A Wisdom" here. First, you need to understand that there were two versions of Jesus when he walked the earth. The first version was the jesus who preached and kept The Law, because his mission was to come to "fulfill" the law. So until he fulfills it, he could not speak against this law. Then there was the jesus who spoke against the law, but because the law was still legally subsisting, He would speak in parables(hidden), thus not breaking the law that he came to "fulfill". So Jesus has since fulfilled this law by becoming the personification of the law and dying, and by dying, he has put the law to death, and this is the era of grace.

so to answer your questions:

##(1A) According to the law: Means what it says literaly

According to grace, Confess your sins means: renounce the law as your standard of righteousness, for the law itself is the sin.

##(2A) According to the law means what it says literally

According to grace Sin no more means: submit yourself to grace, not to sin(The law)

But christians today are still stuck-up to that "good" jesus who kept the law literally, but they fail to decode the revelations of his parables which was the real mission and true gospel. Thus Paul wrote that we no longer recognize that jesus of human morales:
Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer(2 Corinthians 5:16 ).

Remember when a certain ruler addressed Jesus as Good Teacher? What was jesus answer to him?
And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone(Luke 18:19 ).

This would give you the idea that our morale standards of right is actually wrong in the eyes of god.

Hmmm..........ok just to be clear that we are on the same page, I'll give a parable to illustrate what I know grace to be.

The Redemption of The Niger-Delta Militants

Once upon a time in Nigeria, a group of people rebelled against the Federal Government they were called the Niger-Delta militants. By taking to arms, they became enemies of the state.(Colosians 1:21)

During the time when they were enemies of the state, certain laws such as curfews and restriction of movement were made to keep them in check with the penalty of arrest or even death in some cases. (Galatians 3:23)

After a while, the Government granted amnesty to the militants and reconciled them to the Federal republic of Nigeria.(Romans 5:10)

The militants accepted this amnesty by renouncing their crimes, surrendering their arms and turning away from their rebellion.(Acts 3:19)

The restrictions that were placed upon them were promptly lifted. They were therefore freed from the bondage that comes with rebellion and walked into the freedom that comes with amnesty (Romans 6:14)

Having renounced their militancy, they became law abiding citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Romans 6:18)

Now that they had been forgiven by the Government, does it mean that militancy that used to be sin is no longer sin? Does amnesty mean that they are still free to take up arms if they choose to? Absolutely not. (Romans 6:15)

I hope the above serves for us as a good illustration of what it means to not be under Grace and not the Law.

I have prayerfully thought of how best to pass this message across and this is what God laid in my heart. There is a world of difference between freedom and anarchy.

If anyone doesn't quite understand what I laid out above or doesn't quite agree with it, please feel free to point out the parts where you find it troublesome.

I'll conclude with this;

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:20-23

The Message bible renders verse 23 beautifully

Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death. But God's gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master.

For further research, please take out time to prayerfully study Romans 6.

1 Like

Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 04, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Hmmm..........ok just to be clear that we are on the same page, I'll give a parable to illustrate what I know grace to be.

Once upon a time in Nigeria, a group of people rebelled against the Federal Government they were called the Niger-Delta militants. By taking to arms, they became enemies of the state.(Colosians 1:21)

During the time when they were enemies of the state, certain laws such as curfews and restriction of movement were made to keep them in check with the penalty of arrest or even death in some cases. (Galatians 3:23)

After a while, the Government granted amnesty to the militants and reconciled them to the Federal republic of Nigeria.(Romans 5:10)

The militants accepted this amnesty by renouncing their crimes, surrendering their arms and turning away from their rebellion.(Acts 3:19)

The restrictions that were placed upon them were promptly lifted. They were therefore freed from the bondage that comes with rebellion and walked into the freedom that comes with amnesty (Romans 6:14)

Having renounced their militancy, they became law abiding citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Romans 6:18)

Now that they had been forgiven by the Government, does it mean that militancy that used to be sin is no longer sin? Does amnesty mean that they are still free to take up arms if they choose to? Absolutely not. (Romans 6:15)

I hope the above serves for us as a good illustration of what it means to not be under Grace and not the Law.

I have prayerfully thought of how best to pass this message across and this is what God laid in my heart. There is a world of difference between freedom and anarchy.

If anyone doesn't quite understand what I laid out above or doesn't quite agree with it, please feel free to point out the parts where you find it troublesome.

I'll conclude with this;

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death. But God's gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master.

spot on !
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by debosky(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ Anony

I agree with your parable, but not completely.

While yes, in essence, we've been saved by a unilateral 'amnesty' that God has provided, we need to be careful when defining what the 'sin'/'offence' was in the first place.

In your example it is clear that being a militant is against the 'law' - amnesty or no amnesty.

However, there are other 'laws' or OT practices which we would not deem 'sin' today - e.g. working on the sabbath, not giving first fruits, or wearing clothes with two fabrics and the like.

I agree - we are freed from the mindset of 'do this, don't do that' and become 'sons' - who by nature know what they should do and do it naturally, not out of rules compliance. The sometimes tricky aspect is defining what we should now 'know' by our very nature - here is where rightly dividing the word of truth (in this case the law) becomes vital.

3 Likes

Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Candour(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Mr_Anony:

I'll conclude with this;

1000,000 likes.kudos Mr Anony.I wish you more of God's wisdom my brother.

@okeyxyz, i was alarmed when i read through all your posts.....brother,you're proposing anarchy in the guise of grace.you said you're free to steal as long as you're not caught as stealing belongs to the law and no longer binding on you.Fornication too is not sin as long as you didn't carry another man's wife.What is your interpretation of love for your neighbour if you wont think twice about stealing from him?

I keep hoping i misunderstood you and would be glad to hear you say so.

Our problem in christianity isn't Boko Haram or secret cults but DANGEROUSLY FALSE DOCTRINES

may God help us

3 Likes

Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Goshen360(m): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
Candour:

Our problem in christianity isn't Boko Haram or secret cults but DANGEROUSLY FALSE DOCTRINES

may God help us

....and I return to you another 1,000,000,000,000 LIKES in respect of the highlighted
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by anukulapo: 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
moredendisc:

@GOSHEN
Do you agree with moredendisc's view/modification of 1 John 3:9?

It sure makes sense to me but are we allowed to do such personally especially as it is not from any known and generally acceptable bible translation?
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Goshen360(m): 6:02am On Feb 07, 2013
anukulapo:

@GOSHEN
Do you agree with moredendisc's view/modification of 1 John 3:9?

It sure makes sense to me but are we allowed to do such personally especially as it is not from any known and generally acceptable bible translation?

That's not moredendisc's modification o. Read other bible translations - that's where he got it from. I agree with the translation especially when the same context of 1 John says "IF ANY MAN SIN...", is an indication that a Christian can sin but Christians dont go on sinning thinking because we have an advocate with the Father, that's abuse of the Grace of God.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by MrAnony1(m): 6:40am On Feb 07, 2013
debosky: @ Anony

I agree with your parable, but not completely.

While yes, in essence, we've been saved by a unilateral 'amnesty' that God has provided, we need to be careful when defining what the 'sin'/'offence' was in the first place.

In your example it is clear that being a militant is against the 'law' - amnesty or no amnesty.

However, there are other 'laws' or OT practices which we would not deem 'sin' today - e.g. working on the sabbath, not giving first fruits, or wearing clothes with two fabrics and the like.

I agree - we are freed from the mindset of 'do this, don't do that' and become 'sons' - who by nature know what they should do and do it naturally, not out of rules compliance. The sometimes tricky aspect is defining what we should now 'know' by our very nature - here is where rightly dividing the word of truth (in this case the law) becomes vital.
Hmm, I'll come to this hopefully over the weekend, kinda busy these days
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by anukulapo: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2013
Goshen360:

That's not moredendisc's modification o. Read other bible translations - that's where he got it from.

E be like say old age don come o. How come I no see am for my bible until I check am this time after asking you. tongue
Goshen360:

That's not moredendisc's modification o. Read other bible translations - that's where he got it from.

E be like say old age don come o. How come I no see am for my bible until I check am this time after asking you.
Re: Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning by Goshen360(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
^
I don tell you say make you divorce leave that Image123 KJV ONLY come marry me other translations, grin at least for comparing truth with truth. cheesy That's how to be a good teacher of God's word. I cross checked it when moredendisc quoted it and found out many translation had it that way. Anyway, nothing do you! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Catholic Churches Preach At All ??????? / Have You Heard Of Wedding Evangelism / Book Of Romans (Very Important)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.