Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,597 members, 7,958,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:52 AM

Practical Evidence Of A Changed Destiny - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Evidence Of A Changed Destiny (876 Views)

SimonAndal Is A Changed Man/Boy! / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Practical Evidence Of A Changed Destiny by ojjp: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2013
I ve heard alot abt one's destiny being changed by a witch or wizard. A young man came cryin one day wt a claim dat a prophet told him, dat his destiny has been changed. I don't know whether i should believe it or not but i know n i'm sure that destiny is a thing of God's purpose for an individual life. How can a man then fight against the purpose of God? (lam 3:35-36) to turn aside d right of a man b4 the most high... the Lord approveth nt.
Now, i want to ask the house, can destiny be changed? If yes, how n wht re d effects or signs dat one's destiny is bein tampered with? Is it scriptural? How can it be recovered? I need practical contributions pls.
Re: Practical Evidence Of A Changed Destiny by ooman(m): 9:44am On Jan 30, 2013
no predestination, its all myth. whatever you do is what pays for you.

you need to break from the ancient way of life
Re: Practical Evidence Of A Changed Destiny by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 30, 2013
Good morning Ojip,

Destiny means very many things to different people. To some, destiny only occurs after an event takes place, for instance: if an individual is involved in an auto-crash this would be tagged as his destiny. But for some other persons destiny has to do with a series of events which are yet to occur and for which we as humans do not have control over.

However we look at destiny, the bottom line is that there is the belief that some 'supernatural' being is believed to have mapped a plan of life for us and this plan MUST happen irrespective of our actions.

Destiny implies predestination and personally I do not subscribe to this term cause it leaves one with so much to be desired. I believe firmly in divine providence i.e the belief that God at some point is capable of intervening in our lives, but not predestination.

I will advice that you do not listen to anyone who tells you that your destiny has been changed cacuse for starters the individual is contradicting himself. If destiny has to do with a plan mapped out by God then it follows that if someone can change this plan, the person also has power over God which we know is not correct.

Secondly proponents of predestinantion believe in it for the very reason that it cannot be changed. So if the so called prophet believe in destiny and says someone went behind your back to change it then the "prophet" knows nothing about what he or she believes in.

I guess this post is getting too lengthy, so I will stop here for now but note that there are a number of reasons that makes predestination rather incorrect.

Thank you!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

For Pagans Here That Have Declined To Accept Jesus As Lord & Personal Savior / Atheism Has Denominations / The Book Of God, What Happened?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.