Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 (9972 Views)

Clark-jonathan: What Reuben Abati Missed / Edwin Clark: Jonathan's Loyalist Finally Thinks Buhari Is Worth Supporting / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by horlatunde(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
The leader of the Ijaw nation, Chief Edwin Clark, yesterday, in Enugu where the Southern Nigeria Peoples Assembly was meeting declared that no individual or group can stop President Jonathan from contesting the 2015 presidential election. Clark, who fielded questions from newsmen insisted that the meeting had nothing to do with the 2015 elections but expressed his personal view that nobody, not even the North, could prevent Jonathan from running in 2015.

This is coming just as most speakers at the conference spoke in favour of a national conference where issues of concern from various groups could be discussed. Leader of the Yoruba delegation, Rt. Rev. Emmanuel Gbonigi, opened the call for a national conference when in an opening remark he said, “if it is acceptable to dialogue with Boko Haram why can’t we have a dialogue that embraces all Nigerians once and for all for all grievances to be expressed and mutual accommodation reached.”

Speaking further on the issue of Jonathan’s second term, Clark said, “if he wants to rule for eight years and Nigeria doesn’t want him because he did not perform, leave it for the people of Nigeria to decide; not one individual; not a group of people no matter where they come from. “My personal view is that this country belongs to all of us; in 1979 we all belonged to NPN; Shagari was not a better member than myself. We all gathered together at the cinema hall in Yaba where it was agreed that Shagari should be the presidential candidate. He took his second term. I also became a senator.

“But Buhari, for reasons best known to them, staged a coup and drove everybody away; who took over another northerner. Babangida said you’ve had enough and took over; Abacha took over from Babangida. MKO Abiola was driven away and not allowed to rule for even one day. “Obasanhjo came and he ruled for eight years; Yar’Adua was going to rule for eight years; why would Jonathan not be allowed to rule for eight years.

“They have no right; the constitution is very clear on two term of four years each for a president; all what he did before was that the president died and he stepped in and that cannot be counted as though he has contested election. “We are meeting because we believed that putting everything together in the South we have not performed very well due to our disunity. When the 19 northern states are meeting, we the 17 in the South will not be meeting. When the 19 governors in the North are meeting our 17 governors will never meet. It’s never too late; let’s also meet.”

In his remark, former vice president and Chairman of the conference, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, said his involvement at this time in the convening of a Southern Nigeria Peoples Assembly would make it the second time he was involved in promoting a pan-Southern Nigeria organisation. He recalled that during the National Constitutional Conference, which held during the Abacha regime, he was forced to organise a Southern Delegates Caucus to devise a strategy that would prevent continuation of the status quo, “that is, continuing retention of political power by Northern Nigeria elements on return to civilian rule.”

He recalled that it was that coming together of the Southern delegates that yielded the fruit of power rotation, which made it possible for Obasanjo to become the presidential candidate of the PDP in 1999. In his remark, Chairman of the Sout5hn East Governors Forum Governor Peter Obi said it was time for Nigerian elders to speak out and defend the image of Nigeria; “we have no other country; help us to build a better country by standing firm on issues that are right.

“I agree the South should come together and work for a united Nigeria; we are one and will remain together. In your deliberations put our country Nigeria in the forefront. We need to fix the engine of the country Nigeria. Jonathan is a good man and has good intentions but the system, the institution is faulty and the ones celebrated are the wrong ones.”

Those at the Enugu meeting which was well attended were Edwin Clarke, Dr, Alex Ekwueme, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, Gani Adams, Tony Graham Douglas, Dr. Sam Egwu, Ambassador Frank Ogbuewu, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Governor Gbenga Daniel, Mike Okiro, Sylvanus Ngene. Others were James Sekibo, Anthony Oguguo, Walter Ofonagoro, Senator Adolf Wabara, Mike Okiro, Ebitu Ukiwe, and Chief Olu Falae among several others.

dailypost.com.ng/2013/01/30/no-one-can-stop-jonathan-in-2015-clark/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=no-one-can-stop-jonathan-in-2015-clark

2 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2013
OK grin

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
This old man never still tire?
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Obj will stop him.
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by 2bosun: 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ok now. Jonathan keeps surrounding himself with all these "yes-men" that will all ditch him last minute. We're all watching sha.. roll on 2015 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
look at this orangutan

4 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by peace3: 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
Harwo: Obj will stop him.
I HOPE ME,HIM,JONATHAN AND OTHER CONTESTANTS MAKE IT TO 2O15 ALIVE.THESE OLD MEN SHOULD TALK
WITH WISDOM.GOD BLESS US AND GIVE US GOOD LEADERS.

3 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Olugbenger(m): 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
how many mouth-pieces does this big headed man have?

2 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by hrmkz: 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
Old man toddler!

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by naffysa(f): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
Noted
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
He's stating the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Psylas(m): 5:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by sirugos(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
We are called southerns when contesting for an election after election it will be south south, south east and south west. Keep deceiving una self especially my igbo brothers who can sell their birth rite when it comes to money. Nonsense

16 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by eseosa77(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
ok now,we shall see when we get there.
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by FiftyFifty(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
“We are going to rescue this region from the hands of rascals.“ -Jonathan
“A talk by a drunken fisherman from the creeks can not be taken serious.“ -Tinubu.

We are patiently waiting for the right time to teach these sycophants a lesson of their useless life.

5 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by MurderX: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
Yes nobody can stop Jonathan but I bet Jonathan will stop himself by himself.

6 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by JimmyBoy1: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
If someone who stole N20b and pleads guilty was allowed to walk away after paying 750k, then I am not going to vote for Jonathan. This is not the fresh air , he promised.

9 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by omarky(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Southern Forum my foot!!! After dd meeting, dey will now tell us that we are one in dis country. 4king tribalist....., Shio!!! Agbalagba to un shey langbalangba........, Mtcheeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Ahmedie25(m): 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
Edwin Clark is nw vocal,bt my question is, where is clark b4 jonathan become president?or is he a dumb then?

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by yokiti: 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
We have heard you; GEJ cannot be stopped from Loosing in 2015. Thanks for the info, more power to your body and more words to your mouth. God bless you sir!

3 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by gogo2003: 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
OBJ WILL STOP WHO? U ARE DREAMING, UR OBJ IS ONLY A MAN AND NOT GOD

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ok God wil stop him.

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by LagosBoi2(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
He has stopped himself already.

Lets wait and see.

5 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by lateef4me(m): 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
We are watching !
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by badassnigga(m): 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
OK thank u for d crap ...we understand is not easy doing what u r paid .
u will b agape come 2015 old man
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
Jonthal ll stop himself.
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by creserve: 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]
Ahmedie25: Edwin Clark is nw vocal,bt my question is, where is clark b4 jonathan become president?or is he a dumb then?
Dont mind the old man,he was a staunch supporter of Abacha's transformation attempt!
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by nagoma(m): 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
This grumpy old tribal jingoistic is at it again!!

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by HAH: 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Your mates are resting peacefully in their graves you are here playing agbero politics

3 Likes

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by slimfit1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
I don't blame people like this when they are talking. Where are the youth's of this country hmmm some people self I think we are the once that should be making decisions like this.
Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Omen100(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Shameless & self cantered ijaw, grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
The old man just dey deceive their pikin(Jona) na ordinary word of the mouth for him mind he no say their chance dey slim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Kill Four People In Kano Drive-by Shooting / Why Donald Duke Remains Our Best Option / Court Adjourns Hearing On Bauchi Governorship Election Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.