Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector (8390 Views)

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike / Aviation Sector Is Collapsing —FG Cries Out / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by OmoTier1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
manny4life:

Again, don't worry bout the orders, the 380 had similar issues, yet the 380 was a final success. The 747 will rise, yes issues will set them back, but won't stop them.
A380 is not yet a success, it has cost Airbus $30bn to date and is hoping to break even by 2015. Airbus needs to rake in about 359 orders or more to really break even with A380 sales. But the image value it gives to Airbus is enormous. Boeing is got nothing to respond with each time A380 shows a up in a party cool
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by manny4life(m): 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
A380 is not yet a success, it has cost Airbus $30bn to date and is hoping to break even by 2015. Airbus needs to rake in about 359 orders or more to really break even with A380 sales. But the image value it gives to Airbus is enormous. Boeing is got nothing to respond with each time A380 shows a up in a party cool

Success meaning that they have resolved the issues going on with the 380. Just like the 787 is having issues at the moment and you think the 747 will flop, yes, when they reach a resolve on the issue, then we can talk. Unfortunately, air travel is gradually consolidating, like I asked you, what's the orders of the 380 compared to its withdrawals? Airbus soon found out that large oversize aircraft is not the way to go.
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by OmoTier1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
manny4life:

Success meaning that they have resolved the issues going on with the 380. Just like the 787 is having issues at the moment and you think the 747 will flop, yes, when they reach a resolve on the issue, then we can talk. Unfortunately, air travel is gradually consolidating, like I asked you, what's the orders of the 380 compared to its withdrawals? Airbus soon found out that large oversize aircraft is not the way to go.
A380 orders are racking up to 300 already, and Airbus is expecting two to three significant orders from three other airliners, one I suspect will be Turkish Airline, one Chinese. FYI, Boeing has found that it has lost out on the VL aircraft market because the B747 are being faced out by most of the major airliners in Europe especially. Today's reality is that Hub to Hub is where Legacy carriers make their money and not point to point as they often get stiff competition from the low cost carriers. And for you to make any money on hub to hub, you need the likes of A330s and A380.
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by manny4life(m): 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
A380 orders are racking up to 300 already, and Airbus is expecting two to three significant orders from three other airliners, one I suspect will be Turkish Airline, one Chinese. FYI, Boeing has found that it has lost out on the VL aircraft market because the B747 are being faced out by most of the major airliners in Europe especially. Today's reality is that Hub to Hub is where Legacy carriers make their money and not point to point as they often get stiff competition from the low cost carriers. And for you to make any money on hub to hub, you need the likes of A330s and A380.

They are racking up 300? Hmm, do you have facts to back up this claim of yours? The last time I checked, orders hasn't reached 1/3rd of what you're claiming.

The 747 of the older models are being phased out because they're old. It still doesn't negate the fact that the 380 will have a free meal. That's why I said when 747I comes live, we shall measure levels of success s

The hub and spoke model works for some and doesn't work for some, but it not a definite "money maker" like you put it for airlines. After all, MOST airlines operating the hub model are operating on LOSES.
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by manny4life(m): 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
Double post

Besides, I have to go take care of business, bbl
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by OmoTier1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
manny4life:

They are racking up 300? Hmm, do you have facts to back up this claim of yours? The last time I checked, orders hasn't reached 1/3rd of what you're claiming.

The 747 of the older models are being phased out because they're old. It still doesn't negate the fact that the 380 will have a free meal. That's why I said when 747I comes live, we shall measure levels of success s

The hub and spoke model works for some and doesn't work for some, but it not a definite "money maker" like you put it for airlines. After all, MOST airlines operating the hub model are operating on LOSES.
Yup, I am 100% sure of the A380 orders! The truth is for legacy carriers like BA, hub to hub is where they make their money because when you do the seat per mile cost, and all the add on they sell you, like charges for extra legroom, baggages, etc, you will see why they make more money on a hub to hub. But mor importantly, these legacy carriers get favourable treatment in their hubs by their local government e.g BA in Heathrow, Emirates in Dubai. Emirates is a very good example in that she flies hub to hub with all flight emanating from Dubai, that way she only pays local taxes which are way cheaper in Dubai than in London or New York.
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
CFCfan:
Aviation business can generate quality jobs and revenue for the govts in Nigeria.

BTW, Peace and Ifesinachi are good transport companies cool
Peace Transport has on the average 5,000 buses according to their fleet numbers. That's about 5,000 drivers. Conductors and loaders double the number of drivers and management staffs too are scattered all over the federation. Now which aviation company command such staff strength?
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
LastApostle:
Peace Transport has on the average 5,000 buses according to their fleet numbers. That's about 5,000 drivers. Conductors and loaders double the number of drivers and management staffs too are scattered all over the federation. Now which aviation company command such staff strength?

Arik Air grin
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by OmoTier1(m): 12:18am On Feb 01, 2013
LastApostle:
Those 5000 buses can't buy one of the smallest of Arik fleet
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by moonraker(m): 1:04am On Feb 01, 2013
150mill cheesy angry

3 Flying coffins
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 01, 2013
moonraker: 150mill cheesy angry

3 Flying coffins

Nope. It can buy at least one Airbus 320/737.
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 01, 2013
Slightly off-topic; but according to this link below, some airlines would merge by March of this year to form a new national carrier.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/26/fg-to-help-nigerian-airlines-acquire-new-aircrafts/
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by graceng: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2013
CFCfan:

The company is only contributing it's own part to further the development of aviation in Nigeria. Other firms and individuals are welcome to make additional investments.

Yeaaa... if we have a number of them,then you's see it could make a difference. Every little bit makes
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by Marksinn: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2013
hello Omo_tier
pls i want u 2 giv me contact info for ur immigration man at Benin. i need 2 renew my e-passport asap.
from Oghara
Delta state
thank u.
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by IGBOSON1: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1: It is pertinent to note that VISTJET is a LUXURY executive charter jet service provider, and I find it interesting that they had about 900 take offs from Nigeria alone last year! Who are those using this executive charter service? Which business men use these services to fly in and out of Nigeria?

^^^Who else if not fat over-pampered 'executhief' politicians!
Re: Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector by FlyinNaija: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2013
VistaJet is not a scheduled airline, they offer charter and aircraft management services. I would doubt if their potential clientèle in Nigeria exceeds 100 people or organisations. The aircraft they operated are at the upper range of business jets namely Global express ($45-50m), Challenger 605s and Challenger 850s (Approx $25-30m) all manufactured by Bombardier aerospace.
At the moment they have about 3 aircraft based in Nigeria. One aircraft is attached to a very beautiful minister kiss of a very very influential ministry in Nigeria, while the others may be attached to certain individuals who have strong links to the previously mentioned individual. In fact vistajet has been having some difficulty in operations due to the rivalry between their client and another equally famous pretty bulletproof-protected wink minister who has a lot of say on the industry grin tongue
I'm struggling to see the relevance of this news because I actually don't see the investment. Most likely they are just referring to the value of the aircraft that will be based in Nigeria, which can be flown out in the blink of an eye. Vistajet doesnt own any property or have any facilities in Nigeria. a good example of this kind of investment is Virgin Atlantic's investment in Virgin Nigeria which was $25 million worth of "aircraft and intellectual knowledge". Basically VS sent a few managers and support personnel to assist with running the airline, leased thier aircraft at exhorbitant rates to Virgin Nigeria, as well as, charging thousands of $ for the use of the Virgin brand. yet all these were termed "Investments". undecided
The bottomline is there is too much risk involved in foreigners investing in Nigerian aviation due to lack of any clear policy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / PDP Members Rejoice As Buhari Emerges APC's Presidential Candidate. / BREAKING: Armed Drone Crash Lands In Dumge, Borno State, Nigeria [PICTURES]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.