Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih (5315 Views)

Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / Jonathan Will Defeat Buhari Come Febuary 14th 2015 - Tony Anenih / Buhari A Corrupt Liar: His Daughters School Fee At Surrey University Is £16,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Maxymilliano(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2013
Former chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih, has disagreed with allegations that all Nigerian politicians are corrupt and are responsible for the under development of the country.

He responded to a presentation by the chairman, Safari Books Limited, Chief Joop Berkhout, German Publisher in Nigeria, who took a swipe on Nigerian politicians, alleging that they were the problem of the nation.

Berhout, who spoke at the public presentation of the book: “Nigeria Yesterday Today,” by Professor Godwin Sogolo, in Abuja, said 27 years ago till today, Nigeria had remained the same in terms development.

He said corruption was still endemic in Nigeria and that unless Nigerian politicians stopped to see public funds as their private pocket money, “no meaning development can take place in the country.”

He also advocated severe punishment for those who stole the nation’s funds, saying thatin the next 10 years, the world would change and if Nigeria hoped to move along with others, it must root out corruption from the fabrics of the nation.

However, Anenih, who was the chief launcher at the book presentation, said it was wrong to make a general statement that Nigerian politicians are corrupt. He said he personally was not a corrupt politician and that there were very many Nigerians politicians who served the nation selflessly.

“In every society, you have saints, angels, robbers, and kidnappers and it will be wrong to make a general statement that everybody in that society is a robber. Not every politician is a robber,” he stated.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation(SSGF) , Senator Anyim Pius, represented on the occasion, admitted that Nigeria was currently being confronted with many challenges, but expressed optimism that the problems would soon be overcome.

Anyim, particularly appealed to Nigerians to support the efforts of the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration towards speedy transformation of the country.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/4334-i%E2%80%99m-not-a-corrupt-politician-anenih

Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 01, 2013
So why is that in his tenure as a minister of roads he couldnt utilize the billions of naira budgeted for the roads..or waz it still the proverbial evil spirits taunting that sector..bloody pdp thieves who sold thier souls to the devil

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by hrmkz: 8:21am On Feb 01, 2013
The reason why our roads are death trap.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Tolexander: 8:23am On Feb 01, 2013
well! A corrupt politician is limited to a man by virtue of political interest and career. Maybe he meant he isn't a corrupt politician but a corrupt man even without politics.
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/51501-reps-summon-tony-anenih-over-n23bn-failed-road-contract
http://freshgists.com/2012/11/tony-anenih-summoned-by-house-committee.html?m=1
http://worldscorecard..com/2012/11/at-last-tony-anenih-summoned-over.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Maxymilliano(m): 8:23am On Feb 01, 2013
You be thief... I no be thief. Case closed!
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by BlackPeni5: 9:44am On Feb 01, 2013
If Anenih is not a corrupt politician, then my mother is a virgin.

14 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by yorke1: 9:44am On Feb 01, 2013
I believe you. He is not a corrupt man. People most times just follow what they hear without carrying out their own investigation or get to know the person before they pass judgement. Not all the money meant for the construction and renovation of roads were disbursed to him under OBJ tenure. Get your fact right!!

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by dederocs(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2013
Maxymilliano: Former chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih, has disagreed with allegations that all Nigerian politicians are corrupt and are responsible for the under development of the country.

He responded to a presentation by the chairman, Safari Books Limited, Chief Joop Berkhout, German Publisher in Nigeria, who took a swipe on Nigerian politicians, alleging that they were the problem of the nation.

Berhout, who spoke at the public presentation of the book: “Nigeria Yesterday Today,” by Professor Godwin Sogolo, in Abuja, said 27 years ago till today, Nigeria had remained the same in terms development.

He said corruption was still endemic in Nigeria and that unless Nigerian politicians stopped to see public funds as their private pocket money, “no meaning development can take place in the country.”
thunder fire your mouth,useless-vain old idiat.You are a waste to this nation...all ye politicians stealing Naijas money like its a jamboree-you all are digging pits for your children

He also advocated severe punishment for those who stole the nation’s funds, saying thatin the next 10 years, the world would change and if Nigeria hoped to move along with others, it must root out corruption from the fabrics of the nation.

However, Anenih, who was the chief launcher at the book presentation, said it was wrong to make a general statement that Nigerian politicians are corrupt. He said he personally was not a corrupt politician and that there were very many Nigerians politicians who served the nation selflessly.

“In every society, you have saints, angels, robbers, and kidnappers and it will be wrong to make a general statement that everybody in that society is a robber. Not every politician is a robber,” he stated.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation(SSGF) , Senator Anyim Pius, represented on the occasion, admitted that Nigeria was currently being confronted with many challenges, but expressed optimism that the problems would soon be overcome.

Anyim, particularly appealed to Nigerians to support the efforts of the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration towards speedy transformation of the country.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/4334-i%E2%80%99m-not-a-corrupt-politician-anenih
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by dederocs(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2013
Maxymilliano: Former chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih, has disagreed with allegations that all Nigerian politicians are corrupt and are responsible for the under development of the country.

thunder fire your mouth,useless-vain old idiat.You are a waste to this nation...all ye politicians stealing Naijas money like its a jamboree-you all are digging pits for your children
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 01, 2013
sir i dont know about you but in nigeria, u cant be a politician and last as long as u have without being corrupt
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by kenmusa: 9:56am On Feb 01, 2013
He is the most corrupt politician in Naija.
What did he do with the N300b approved for his ministry during his tenure as the minister for works?
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 01, 2013
Confusing my dates again. Thought it was April 01 today

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by justaqad(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2013
Black Peni5: If Anenih is not a corrupt politician, then my mother is a virgin.

hehehehehehehehehhee.guy you badt gani... lwkmd
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Tolexander: 10:02am On Feb 01, 2013
yorke1: I believe you. He is not a corrupt man. People most times just follow what they hear without carrying out their own investigation or get to know the person before they pass judgement. Not all the money meant for the construction and renovation of roads were disbursed to him under OBJ tenure. Get your fact right!!
what is the source of your fact?
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Teejayphillip(m): 10:04am On Feb 01, 2013
Huh? shocked shocked

God helps Anenih aint corrupt,but he is a glorified thief grin grin
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2013
yorke1: I believe you. He is not a corrupt man. People most times just follow what they hear without carrying out their own investigation or get to know the person before they pass judgement. Not all the money meant for the construction and renovation of roads were disbursed to him under OBJ tenure. Get your fact right!!

So the one that was disbursed was used to do what? supply toothpick? undecided
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by ElCaballa(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
True.you are not corrupt sir.Infact it was my grandmother in the vilage that embezzled those billions meant for road construction and rehabilitation.Posterity will judge you all.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by sonyjacobs(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2013
This is unbelievable. This is the same man (Godfather) that deprived the good people of Edo state of infrastructural development for almost a decade. shocked
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by victorD3: 10:16am On Feb 01, 2013
Black Peni5: If Anenih is not a corrupt politician, then my mother is a virgin.

She's not because I put you in there.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by OluEmmaAss: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2013
Of course u aren't. u are just a diplomatic armed robber!
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by confusion247(m): 10:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Anineh is not a corrupt politician but a corrupt minded person.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by graceng: 10:23am On Feb 01, 2013
I guess all we want to see is action. If one claims not corrupt and during his tenure there were no actions to justify his claims,how would the masses believe If you're not corrupt, ok, but make majority of the masses believe u through your actions.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Omen100(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2013
More like a pregnant woman of 8months calling herself a virgin..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by yorke1: 10:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Tolexander: what is the source of your fact?

In the era of Freedom of Information(FOI),i don't expect someone asking such a silly question.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by MrUchenna1(m): 10:29am On Feb 01, 2013
confusion247: Anineh is not a corrupt politician but a corrupt minded person.
who is also a politician
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by caesaraba(m): 10:31am On Feb 01, 2013
If Anenih isn't corrupt, then I'm John the Baptist!!!
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by phransix147(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2013
I don die see the old man wey dey chop our money, if I blow am lasuun him go die. Young Guy like me wey dey agile get plenty to offer no get job! Naija a cruel society!
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by marcelonoch: 10:35am On Feb 01, 2013
Only a fool will belive that Anenih is not corrupt,he shuld go an tell that to illitrates.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by franchizy(m): 10:36am On Feb 01, 2013
Anenih should use his tongue and count his teeth.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Willy7(m): 10:36am On Feb 01, 2013
Damn!Even d devil shiver when he hears our leaders lie.Indeed hell is empty,we have them among us.Oya now,All Nigerian politicians are selfless and saints.God dey
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Tolexander: 10:36am On Feb 01, 2013
yorke1:

In the era of Freedom of Information(FOI),i don't expect someone asking such a silly question.
dont mind the silliness of my question bros!
Just provide a source to justify your claim of tony aninih's justification of the road project's scandal.
Re: I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 01, 2013
Yea,he's not corrupt,cos he's corruption himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:Its Indeed Crying Times For Rivers State House Of Assembly / 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency / (Photos) Shocking How Inec Suppress Labour Party Votes In Sokoto State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.