Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April (12742 Views)

Pictures From The Boom J8 Launch In Lagos / New Samsung Galaxy S IV To Feature Eye-tracking Technology? / Samsung Galaxy S4 To Launch In March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by CGKing(m): 12:31am On Feb 03, 2013
I've used an android tab ( samsung note 2), a blackberry smart phone ( blackberry curve 5 touch screen) and I just got an iphone. Nothing, NOTHING in this world is like an iPhone. Apple really sat down on each function or feature to perfect it. Unlike the bb, they just wanted to release a smartphone while they majored on sending emails as though that iis all we do with a smart phone. I've also used a HTC.

None can compare with the iphone. The experience, the handling, sending emails, browsing, notifications, scheduling appointments and reminders, handling phone book and contact, music, video, social sites, games, downloading apps and updating, .... Men, the only thing it cannot do is kill people. It even includes measures for retrieving ur phone if lost or stolen.

If only they could just stop being selfish and enable flash player and include USB ports.... It would be everything.

Anyway, i'd go for the S IV, just for the little left that apple did not include. The S IV will be my iPhone' personal assistant.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Feb 03, 2013
My mom recently bought the Samsung galaxy III. Version and it's so big

Wondering how the IV version looks like

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by CGKing(m): 12:45am On Feb 03, 2013
mikky4all: just got mine too. Are u really feeling the phone. I am nt enjoying it.

If u really want to enjoy android, go for Samsung note 2, not SIII. If u really want to enjoy a phone, go for iPhone 5.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by maskid(m): 2:03am On Feb 03, 2013
Brand_new:
Set the ball rolling.
Seems to me Blackberry is not dying after All.
I also fell for the Android hype and got myself one. Didn't last longer then a few hours and I thank God for that or I would have been stuck with them iPhone copycats.
pls hu is dis fowl?. na lack of money to buy beta phone dey worry u? did u just wake up from a 10 yr sleep?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by rocka: 2:55am On Feb 03, 2013
mama-gee:
My mom recently bought the Samsung galaxy III. Version and it's so big

Wondering how the IV version looks like

Samsung galaxy 3 is small jor. The biggest and best phone in the industry right now is the 'Samsung Galaxy Note II' aka the big bad wolf smiley.

Apart from the Samsung Galaxy IV maybe coming with jelly bean 4.2 out-of-the-box, I don't see how it would be better than the Note II.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by asids55: 4:01am On Feb 03, 2013
asala1:
You are the one who needs a doctor. Andriod is an open source OS which can be used by any mobile phone maker if they wish to. FYI andriod is andriod on whatever phone. Windows is window either on a HP or an acer laptop. The hard ware maybe different, can be more silk and more durable but the operating system is the same.

dude there are low end, mid range and high end android phones,lay your hands on all three and you get to see the difference

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 4:24am On Feb 03, 2013
A-ZeD:

You've been hanging out with Iphone fan boys too much. Can you please list what android stole from IOS?

Please only list things that were "invented" with IOS

I doubt he followed their patents tuss keenly!.
Comparing Brickberry with the Android Os is impossible! its like Comparing a pigeon with an eagle!

Btw, talking about the Best mobile OS, I hope he as well as other brickberry and Aplle fanboys know the most advanced and most enhanced Os presently is Google's own Android Os. The 4.1.2 (updated jellybean to be specific!)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 4:27am On Feb 03, 2013
rocka:

Samsung galaxy 3 is small jor. The biggest and best phone in the industry right now is the 'Samsung Galaxy Note II' aka the big bad wolf smiley.

Apart from the Samsung Galaxy IV maybe coming with jelly bean 4.2 out-of-the-box, I don't see how it would be better than the Note II.

its a tablet though using sim... but the Best in the world at present(phones and tabs alike)...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 4:31am On Feb 03, 2013
CGKing: I've used an android tab ( samsung note 2), a blackberry smart phone ( blackberry curve 5 touch screen) and I just got an iphone. Nothing, NOTHING in this world is like an iPhone. Apple really sat down on each function or feature to perfect it. Unlike the bb, they just wanted to release a smartphone while they majored on sending emails as though that iis all we do with a smart phone. I've also used a HTC.

None can compare with the iphone. The experience, the handling, sending emails, browsing, notifications, scheduling appointments and reminders, handling phone book and contact, music, video, social sites, games, downloading apps and updating, .... Men, the only thing it cannot do is kill people. It even includes measures for retrieving ur phone if lost or stolen.

If only they could just stop being selfish and enable flash player and include USB ports.... It would be everything.

Anyway, i'd go for the S IV, just for the little left that apple did not include. The S IV will be my iPhone' personal assistant.

you'ré simply baised or not a geek!... Comparing iPhone 5 with Galaxy note 2 is impossible!!!

Galaxy Note 2 is da freaking king...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 4:40am On Feb 03, 2013
P1!:
Understand this - an android phone is an android phone, whether it is Tecno N3 or Galaxy S3. The differences are simply additions which we all like but hardly use or when last did you use the S-Beam or the Siri-like feature?

Wrong!!! they dont and will never have same features! A single core processor phone compared to a phone(a beast) with Dual core or quad core processor?? is it comparable?! more like Comparing the updated jelly bean 4.2 on Android with Nokia Java pttt!

Please read the specs of what you want to buy before you decide and draw conclusions!!...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by asids55: 4:43am On Feb 03, 2013
Brand_new:
Set the ball rolling.
Seems to me Blackberry is not dying after All.
I also fell for the Android hype and got myself one. Didn't last longer then a few hours and I thank God for that or I would have been stuck with them iPhone copycats.

smh 4u, am sure its the chinco android you laid your hands on..please,try not patronize them show glass dealers.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by asids55: 4:48am On Feb 03, 2013
P1!:
Understand this - an android phone is an android phone, whether it is Tecno N3 or Galaxy S3. The differences are simply additions which we all like but hardly use or when last did you use the S-Beam or the Siri-like feature?

am sure if them give you bold 5 and bold 1, since you are thinking from behind, its the bold 1 you will go for since the shape looks alike
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 4:49am On Feb 03, 2013
mj: BB10 is here to stay, BB lovers will always stick to it, can you compare the number of BB users in Nigeria to any other smartphone? cool cool cool

because Nigerians love cheap things and love to move with the crowd...
imagine out of 3 friends, 2 had bb so the last girl went to steal one for herself :/

Brickberry is a horrid disease eaten deep into Nigerians brain...
I feel for the victims though...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by rocka: 7:26am On Feb 03, 2013
Leadn:

its a tablet though using sim... but the Best in the world at present(phones and tabs alike)...

Samsung Galaxy Note II is a phone not a tablet. If you'd said Phablet i might have agreed with you.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by frevangel(m): 8:58am On Feb 03, 2013
Brand_new:
Has anyone noticed how long your have to Tap most Android screens before it responds? Even the storm I used 2 years ago did better.
Keep fooling yourselves.
How about the pixel resolutions, VERY POOR. Ice cream, Jelly Beans my AZzzzz.
I know people who are successful with their business thanks to BB.
Let's wait and see what your Androids will do for you.

You sure have not used an android high spec phone. I own and use a bb n an android, everything u mentioned here r the issues I have with my bb not the android. An app/menu/button can be selected/clicked on my android without actually touching the screen.

The blackberry messenger is the only thing keeping people there but whatsapp is becoming very popular.

One thing you should know is that more than 80% bb users in Nigeria use the fairly used phones shipped from asia n europe.

One thing my android has helped me do is to stop subscription I had to do on my bb(3000) and laptop(2500). Now I can subscribe on one device and use it as my internet hub, connecting up to 10 devices if I choose to. Try that with your bb!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by frevangel(m): 9:04am On Feb 03, 2013
CGKing: I've used an android tab ( samsung note 2), a blackberry smart phone ( blackberry curve 5 touch screen) and I just got an iphone. Nothing, NOTHING in this world is like an iPhone. Apple really sat down on each function or feature to perfect it. Unlike the bb, they just wanted to release a smartphone while they majored on sending emails as though that iis all we do with a smart phone. I've also used a HTC.

Iphone is bad but Androids are badder.
Issues with iphone:
1. They are sill selfish with screen space. Everybody is becoming bolder and bigger, the neeed for larger screens.
2. The fact that you still can't just share content with your other devices is a just too behind.
3. No expandable memory.
4. Overpriced!
5. No removable battery!
6. Heard of rooting n overclocking in android?!

Etc, etc

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 03, 2013

there is nothing you've mention that the andriod cannot do. Yes! It does everything and even more. Just try an andriod phone(I know you haven't used it) and see for yourself, your eyes will be open to see that your iphone is a WHITE ELEPHANT gadget. You'll begin to cry cos you've been scammed by apple.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2013
fr_evangel:

Issues with iphone:
1. They are sill selfish with screen space. Everybody is becoming bolder and bigger, the neeed for larger screens.
2. The fact that you still can't just share content with your other devices is a just too behind.
3. No expandable memory.
4. Overpriced!
5. No removable battery!

Etc, etc
the problem with iphone users is the high price they buy the phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Leadn:

because Nigerians love cheap things and love to move with the crowd...
imagine out of 3 friends, 2 had bb so the last girl went to steal one for herself :/

Brickberry is a horrid disease eaten deep into Nigerians brain...
I feel for the victims though...
shut up! B!10 is more expensive than GS3
https://www.nairaland.com/1176820/rims-upcoming-flagship-phone-blackberry
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
fr_evangel:

Issues with iphone:
3. No expandable memory.
4. Overpriced!
5. No removable battery!

Etc, etc
you have no point! I only agree with numb 2
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
Highbros: the problem with iphone users is the high price they buy the phone
but iphone users are not worried abt the price. A popular man(can't remb his name) said "andiod is cheap not good" according to techrunch
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by caukerzee(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
runzlord: shut up! B!10 is more expensive than GS3
https://www.nairaland.com/1176820/rims-upcoming-flagship-phone-blackberry
You are the one who should shut up. Before BB10 which BB Device could compare [in price] with GS3 Thats not even the case, the thing here is that you even spend more on internet on a 14k andriod phone than a 65k blackberry. Now that theres no BIS on BB10, check out how many nigerians will buy that shii. BIS is cheap and thats what makes blackberry this popular.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by ITbomb(m): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
fr_evangel:

Issues with iphone:
3. No expandable memory.
4. Overpriced!
5. No removable battery!

Etc, etc
That is why you should go for Nokia / Window devices.
Your mobile and desktop work seamlessly
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by caukerzee(m): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
runzlord: but iphone users are not worried abt the price. A popular man(can't remb his name) said "andiod is cheap not good" according to techrunch
Whoever said that is so dumb [thats if what you quoteded is what he said] cause it makes no atom of sense whatsoever. Having said that, note II >>>>>>>> I phone 5, theres simply no argument here.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
ITbomb:
That is why you should go for Nokia / Window devices.
Your mobile and desktop work seamlessly
you are flogging a dead horse.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by ITbomb(m): 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
Highbros: you are flogging a dead horse.
Nah, I'm waking a sleeping lion
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
rocka:

Samsung Galaxy Note II is a phone not a tablet. If you'd said Phablet i might have agreed with you.

Yeah a phablet...

yu don't need to agree though grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
caukerzee: You are the one who should shut up. Before BB10 which BB Device could compare [in price] with GS3 Thats not even the case, the thing here is that you even spend more on internet on a 14k andriod phone than a 65k blackberry. Now that theres no BIS on BB10, check out how many nigerians will buy that shii. BIS is cheap and thats what makes blackberry this popular.

First before bb 10... there was Porshe!...

2nd its not 'cos its cheap but 'cos they all want to feel among and PING!

Next you can get a cheap internet plan depending on what you want!...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by CGKing(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Highbros: there is nothing you've mention that the andriod cannot do. Yes! It does everything and even more. Just try an andriod phone(I know you haven't used it) and see for yourself, your eyes will be open to see that your iphone is a WHITE ELEPHANT gadget. You'll begin to cry cos you've been scammed by apple.

IV actually used an android, not for long though. When u talk of user experience, u can't compare the iPhone or iOS to android. When u talk about user friendliness, the iphone is just over the top. From simple tasks to animation to thrill, the iOS has got it pretty much handled as though it understands the way we think and feel. For someone like me that easily gets bored, swiping the screen to move to the next screen page is not just enough, the feel of these movements, the handling scores high with me. That is how u know a strong brand. Swipe at the iOS screen and then android and compare.

As for functionality, I would just give u 2 of many remarkable experiences I got with the iPhone.

1. When I bought the iPhone, my bb was switched off. I was thinking of how I'd transfer my contact to the iPhone knowing that the brand won't allow any kind of collab with any other device. So I started setting up the phone. First thing I did was to feed in my apple ID, credit card details and email. Then I just casually put on my bb cos its been off for so long. Barely 10 minutes after I put on that bb, I realized that all my email contact, phone numbers, the whole shibang was available on my iPhone. 10 mins. No Bluetooth on, no sim switch, no infra red, no nothing. I almost fainted, I spent hours thinking about it, I thought someone might have hacked into my devices; until I remembered it could be via my email which I also had registered on my bb.

2. I was looking for a particular business woman i met at a trip to calabar. She is into branding and her coy is very good. I had her on my phone but I couldn't remember her name and I have over 400 names on my phone. So I tried to ftch mail exchanges we had almost a year ago but google had cleaned them all out. So I did a search for branding in my email and managed to get her coy name. I located her number on my phone but she was not reachable on that line. At that time, the iPhone was prompting me that it wanted to sync my Facebook contacts with my phone contacts. I agreed and after about 10 mins, I don't know how it did it, it showed me the picture of the lady and her real name of Facebook. It had matched the number and her coy name from my phone to what it found on Facebook and synced everything, and provided me a link to her Facebook profile. I never had this lady in my Facebook account, I never knew her name, I called her by her coy name. Now all the numbers and mail contact on my phone have a face attached with links to Facebook profiles, whether I knew them or not. How cool is that?

I can't tell it all here man, the experience with iOS and the iPhone is simply kick asss. It's just doing everything man, the only thing left for it to do is to wipe me clean when I take a dump. Guy forget, android is till coming. But here we r talking about the big boys.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
I like ios cos any app released get to it first!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by ferrer123: 9:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
It's a good news for smartphone lover people specially for samsung galaxy user's.

iphone screen repair orlando
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by BrightDeGea(m): 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
Droiders are SENIORS while bb users are juniors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ZUS Review: This is the First Ever SMART Car Charger Made For Your Phone. / How To Hide Secret Images And Videos From Phone Gallery. / MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.