Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ (777 Views)

Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com / Objectively List The Sins Of The President / Unforgiveable: See What Gej Has Done Again!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Idokojimmy: 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
Although sins are spiritual issues that mere mortals are not supposed to delve into, narrowing GEJ'S sins to political offenses give us the liberty to attack. It is no longer news that the media is awashed with comments for and against GEJ'S mode of administering the nation. No wonder, in crying foul, GEJ said the criticism was becoming too much. But one begins to wonder, why people tend to fight this gentle man that confessed to having humble beginning and working assiduously to transform Nigeria? Many theories have emanated;
While some are of the opinion that the northern Oligarch frown at empowering the minorities, and want to perpetuate themselves in power( that is, they are born to rule, and it must remain so, else bomb goes off) another school of thought holds that a man that is bent on exposing all thieving politicians that hitherto occupied top govt offices must be fought. For me, I feel the following accounts for his sins
I. The perceived Improvement in power generation and supply is a sin, cos it has stopped the big boys from importing Mikano, and other generator. GEJ must go
2. Exposing oil thiefs that were considered powerful makes GEJ an outcast. Cos he isnt part of them. Gej must be fought. GEJ must go
3. Repositioning of the aviation sector, by giving the sector a new look, and compelling operators to follow international best practice is a crime for them, GEJ mus go
4. Resurrecting our failed railway system has crashed their transport system, they are angry. Some wonder if it must be GEJ that should record this tremendous achievement. consequently, he must go
5. For signing the FOI bill into law, and empowering the media to ask question(investigative journalism) they won't forgive him
6. For trying to diversify the economy, through Agric, some feel that their business may be affected and thus must bring down GEJ
7. How can he establish 11 federal Universities within two years, a fiat that has never been achieved? GEJ must go
8. Why is he reforming the pension scheme that served as thieving sector for the bigmen? GEJ must go
9. Why did he embark on electoral reform that is now hunting election riggers. Now, they can no longer rig, as only credible and popular candidates win. Fight GEJ
10. Nigeria is too big for a man that was shoeless, humble, from Bayelsa of all places, having a transformation agenda, etc. He must go.
These by no means exhaust his crimes. But as true and sincere Nigerians, I hope these reasons will convince us to condemn him too.

1 Like

Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by bubadaniel13: 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
Wow, this is a wonderful piece, our problem in Naija is that we like throwing the baby and the bath water..If that is GEJ's crime i join in condemning him,he must face justice for these sins...
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
bubadaniel13: Wow, this is a wonderful piece, our problem in Naija is that we like throwing the baby and the bath water..If that is GEJ's crime i join in condemning him, he must face justice for these sins...

Considering the 'grievous' nature of these sins, what manner of "justice" would you propose GEJ faces?

If you ask me, I'd suggest he should be condemned to a term of four extra years in Aso Rock prison when his current term expires 2015.
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by bubadaniel13: 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
pro01:

Considering the 'grievous' nature of these sins, what manner of "justice" would you propose GEJ faces?

If you ask me, I'd suggest he should be condemned to a term of four extra years in Aso Rock prison when his current term expires 2015.
Gbam!
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Willy7(m): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
Personally i dont understand the school or shrine of thoughts you re using as yardstick for GEJ's constant criticism from the citizens of this Nation,but one thing i want to make clear is that everyone has their different beefs and animosity towards the GEJ administration,and Nigerians are much wiser now to allow some group of persons or people to hogwash them into hating or supporting a particular individual.First and foremost you have to understand that Nigerians bcame more interested in the politics of the Nation during the yar'dua saga,and that was when internet and social forums of discussion was gaining ground,unlike the OBJ tenure when such forums werent available for the pple to air their views and as such everyone was just talking about d govt but not on social sites lik we have during the yar'dua saga and now. GEJ came in when Nigerians have gained some awareness about political happenings and internet forums have been established to educate the ones that were otherwise ignorant or less concerned before.The internet also helped GEJ's emergence as president,through awareness campaigns in reaching out to the youths.He garnered enough support and goodwill from Nigerians,both home and in diaspora.Expectations were high and there was room for forgiveness paradventure he makes one or two mistakes.GEJ's greatest sin among many others was on January 1st 2012.That was the height of insensitivity of any leader.I believe that was where he crossed the line with many of his supporters and fans.From that day on,every of his actions are criticized,whether its good or bad.That singular action of insensitivity caused him what he's still going through till date.Then came the issues of surrounding himself with known corrupt individuals and his handling of boko haram,all just gave him away.Yes his administration revealed many rots in the system,but what happened after then?How many were prosecuted or even jailed?You can see the case of Farouk and otedola for example,if not for Festus Keyamo's threat to the AGF,that case was as good as dead.So my brother, GEJ's administration though has taken some heat,but then its not enough to justify his dismal performance.GEJ's administration needs serious overhauling,from his speech writter to his least aide.He is not perfect,yes,but then he needs to understand that he represents the interest of more than 160million people and as such must be criticized.He should also stop this idea of seeing his critics as enemies or opposition.Just imagine the way his media and publicity aides managed the Oby's allegation,most Nigerians now tend to take sides with her because of their ineptitudes.GEJ has many sins but all are self inflicted,no one is and can destroy his administration other than himself.GEJ's non proactive tendencies might be his greatest undoing of continuing after 2015,and thats if we are still existing as one Nation anyway,because the lootocracy has gone all time high.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by slimming: 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
Every sin can be forgiven if repent
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by confusion247(m): 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
What is the most important thing? Exposing corruption or fighting corruption?
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by PrettyRita(f): 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
confusion247: What is the most important thing? Exposing corruption or fighting corruption?
You don't fight the unseen. The fight against corruption is done in stages. Exposé corruption, then fight it. Of course we are beginning to see results. Farouk has been taken into custody, police pension thief rearrested and so on. Did all these start today? Obviously no. We are aware of them today, because GEJ has decided to expose them. Lets give him credit atleast for once.
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Stallion77(f): 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
Rome was not built in a day!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.
Do your own thinking for yourself''
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Joeadamu86: 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
Rome was not build in a day, if for nothing GEJ has significantly won the war and battle on electoral corruption..i believe this particular sin will be forgiven, we must be patient and start somewhere the problems of Nigeria cannot be overcome in a day.
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Vegetablesoup: 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
the sin are confused me cos i was begun to wondering what the poster color wanting to wrote!
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Joeadamu86: 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
Vegetable soup: the sin are confused me cos i was begun to wondering what the poster color wanting to wrote!
Vegee read carefully you will understand...
Re: The Unforgiveable Political Sins Of GEJ by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Lolzzz.. grin grin the gathering of the usual..

(1) (Reply)

APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger / S-west PDP Moves To Reclaim Region / No Going Back On Foreigntechnical Director, Says NFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.