Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55060 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

He's not Redmosquito.
then,who is he ?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

He's not Redmosquito.
He sure sounds like Red Moss
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ishilove:
He sure sounds like Red Moss
all mosquitoes sound alike.. Dey hum a lot.. Red Mosquito,tell all dose ur stalker 2 back of u
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rap maestro: all mosquitoes sound alike.. Dey hum a lot.. Red Mosquito,tell all dose ur stalker 2 back of u
Yeah right! As if they are mosquitoes for real. If it looks, walks and barks like a dog, is it a cat?
He writes like redmosquito, maybe a bit too much like him.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
Oahray: Yeah right! As if they are mosquitoes for real. If it looks, walks and barks like a dog, is it a cat?
He writes like redmosquito, maybe a bit too much like him.

That does not make me him abi. Reminds me when I had a tough time explaining to people, its a secret I will like to keep with me for a very long time until I add my own contribution and I'm kinda sure it will be at the end of the tale but before then, lemme go have a peek there

cool cool cool
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry Sun would you please remove my name in the list? I don't think I can do this, maybe I should just pull my chair and join the readers club.

I hope my notice is not too late

Thanks
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Larry Sun would you please remove my name in the list? I don't think I can do this, maybe I should just pull my chair and join the readers club.

Thanks

Did I read that right? Hey, you are about betraying the trust put on you sad sad sad sad
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito:

Did I read that right? Hey, you are about betraying the trust put on you sad sad sad sad
yes you read it right. Its in black and white
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: yes you read it right. Its in black and white

Talk to me... Why are you backing out?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Larry Sun would you please remove my name in the list? I don't think I can do this, maybe I should just pull my chair and join the readers club.

Thanks
HBG, sup? Why are you pulling out, dear?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ishilove:
HBG, sup? Why are you pulling out, dear?
I got carried away with everything but this is just not my call.

There is always a next time. smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I got carried away with everything but this is just not my call.

I feel you. Detective stories is out of my comfort zone,but I love challenges so I'll try my hands on this collabo.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is going well......
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ishilove:
I feel you. Detective stories is out of my comfort zone,but I love challenges so I'll try my hands on this collabo.
I believe in you.....but this is just out of my league
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I got carried away with everything but this is just not my call.

Babes, it's certainly not my call either...and I've got a nervously thumping heart to prove it.

But I'm willing to give it a try and I think you should too. Don't give up on us babes...Okay? smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44: This is going well......

Is? Or isn't?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I believe in you.....but this is just out of my league
You never know untill you try ,why not try ? Bside i ve a feeling you do be far better than you think
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Is? Or isn't?
**whistling**
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
**whistling**
indirectly tellinq him 2 mynd himself abi?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by maclatunji: 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun, make your writing simple. Yes, you are trying to be descreptive but you are overdoing it. The part of 'like a mating chihuahua' was just gross. Find a more
appropriate simile.

Frank 3:16, watch your tenses. Writing literature is different from speaking English. Then again, I think you guys are rushing too much- think and feel your character's emotions not just: "Gbram! I can write, let me start tapping my keyboard and hit the 1,000 mark.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by YellowMosquito(m): 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
maclatunji: Larry-Sun, make your writing simple. Yes, you are trying to be descreptive but you are overdoing it. The part of 'like a mating chihuahua' was just gross. Find a more
appropriate simile.

Frank 3:16, watch your tenses. Writing literature is different from speaking English. Then again, I think you guys are rushing too much- think and feel your character's emotions not just: "Gbram! I can write, let me start tapping my keyboard and hit the 1,000 mark.

**Looks round to confirm it was the right section**

Na joke o..... But true talk sha
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
maclatunji: Larry-Sun, make your writing simple. Yes, you are trying to be descreptive but you are overdoing it. The part of 'like a mating chihuahua' was just gross. Find a more
appropriate simile.[/b]
Why? That is what the writer thinks and that is how he pictures.....I don't see why it should be changed cos it is "Gross".....sometimes certain things just descibe what you wanna say and changing the wods don't cut it at all

Frank 3:16, watch your tenses. Writing literature is different from speaking English. Then again, I think you guys are rushing too much- think and feel your character's emotions not just: [b]"Gbram! I can write, let me start tapping my keyboard and hit the 1,000 mark.
Seriously? Now I see this as insulting but I am not Frank so.....
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
^^ Sounds more like constructive critism to me...

Rap maestro: indirectly tellinq him 2 mynd himself abi?

And who, is "him"?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Sounds more like constructive critism to me...

you call that constructive?

Well

I reserve my comment
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Sounds more like constructive critism to me..

Different strokes and different folks

And who, is "him"?
Lmao
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you call that constructive?

Well

I reserve my comment

Uh..huh, I do.

Even world renown best seller authours / writers have people who review and critique their work...and they can be quite brutal in their assessment.

We as writers all need some measure of critism of our work. Or how else do we improve? For example, rather than say: "That piece was difficult to comprehend", it's better to say: "Incorporating some spacing, paragraphing and punctuation at *** and *** would make your piece easier to read and comprehend..."
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Uh..huh, I do.

Even world renown best seller authours / writers have people who review and critique their work...and they can be quite brutal in their assessment.

We as writers all need some measure of critism of our work. Or how else do we improve? For example, rather than say: "That piece was difficult to comprehend", it's better to say: "Incorporating some spacing, paragraphing and punctuation at *** and *** would make your piece easier to read and comprehend..."
ai ke m so not good with this ish. I will just pull my chair and let ya'll stab yourself with your own daggers.

The view looks clear in my rear mirror adios
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2013

Thanks
I am really hurt by this. If you had really thought you wouldn't be able to pull it off, I wonder why you signed up in the first place. Besides, for something as serious as this, I would have expected you to PM me first. My initial plan was to offer an assistance during your turn by working up the chapter with you (I already imagined this when I wrote that members may collaborate to create a chapter), I was even ready to relinquish the spotlight and perhaps send a chapter to your mail to post at your turn. Now that you're definitely opting out, I see no reason to make you stay again after endless tries. Of course, you can remain a reader and make necessary comments and corrections.

To me, your reason for chickening out doesn't hold much fluid, because I'm still certain that you can do it. But I THINK Mazi's decisive prurient art in his future contribution brought about your decision (I may be wrong though).

Anyway, I shall put Yellow Mosquito in your place.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Mynd44: 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I am really hurt by this. If you had really thought you wouldn't be able to pull it off, I wonder why you signed up in the first place. Besides, for something as serious as this, I would have expected you to PM me first. My initial plan was to offer an assistance during your turn by working up the chapter with you (I already imagined this when I wrote that members may collaborate to create a chapter), I was even ready to relinquish the spotlight and perhaps send a chapter to your mail to post at your turn. Now that you're definitely opting out, I see no reason to make you stay again after endless tries. Of course, you can remain a reader and make necessary comments and corrections.

To me, your reason for chickening out doesn't hold much fluid, because I'm still certain that you can do it. But I THINK Mazi's decisive prurient art in his future contribution brought about your decision (I may be wrong though).

What is the long post for? Humble is in.......no question about that.

Leave her name there, she gets like this a lot so don't bother

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
Larry-Sun:

who is Mazi

I tried contacting you offline but to no avail...Iam sorry I failed you.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
appropriate simile.

As crude as your words sound, I think you're right. I will correct the comparison error. Yes, one of the main functions of this thread is to have people point out our errors so that we may improve.
Thanks Mac.
Bless you.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jiraiyas: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
What is the long post for? Humble is in.......no question about that.

Leave her name there, she gets like this a lot so don't bother
Seconded

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (76) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Restless...story Of A Survivor. / A Strange Love (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.