Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,828 members, 7,837,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana (7532 Views)

Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice / [PHOTOS] 7 Powerful Nigerians EFCC Has Gone After Since Buhari Came To Power / Senate Passes Criminal Justice Bill, Confirms Nweze Supreme Court Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by franchizy(m): 11:51am On Feb 02, 2013
Buhari is d solution to all d corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2013
J12: Who's to blame?

Your father is to blame
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 02, 2013
slimming: Femi you are right.

Go back to aroo or yaba left. U need brain surgery
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 02, 2013
seanet01: Shut up! p
Bloody Ediot!

E no go better for you. ITK sad
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by shineeye1: 11:55am On Feb 02, 2013
It is clear that our present penal codes are obsolete and unable to serve the vital purpose of deterrence. Those in position to redress this critical defect are not in any hurry and not even willing to do the needful for understandable reasons.You know it only takes split seconds to make and amend legal provisions in favour of their private pockets. Allover,we have bunches of hypocrites parading the corridors of power in Nigeria. Even the elites outside government who have potential to influence a change have no motivation in this regard because they too are "waiting for their time" sometime soon. Nigeria stinks and so, Nigeria sinks!
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by mu2sa2: 11:55am On Feb 02, 2013
People fail to notice that EFFC itself may be complicit in this wuruwuru case - why would did they charge the accused under a "lenient" section?
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Gbawe: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2013
Black Peni5:

First of all I'm not a right thinking Nigerian cos all right thinking Nigerians are the thieves...
Secondly, these problems precede PDP as it existed before democracy
Thirdly, I may have supported ACN but everyday I pay toll along Lekki, I hate ACN the more.

Our current democratic experiment began in 1999. The PDP has been in control of the Federal government since then. When have they made any serious effort to reform critical sectors/parastatals/organisations like the judiciary, NNPC, Nigerian Police force et al? Can you logically fault the argument that it is wrong and self-destructive for PDP Presidents, one after the other, to continue going for crooks as AGF/Minister of justice for a critical sector long overdue for reform?

Furthermore, how does it help things for any us to be obsessing over when a problem began? Is considerations no longer about those currently in charge seeking solutions? When those who are in charge then deliberately worsen the problem with the woeful appointments they make, what point are you getting at here talking of the ACN and toll payment? How is that relevant to how PDP Presidents deliberately , and of their own free will, ignore great dsiciples of the law to choose blunt and ineffective tools as AGF/Minister of justice thereby rendering efforts to reform the judiciary 'dead on arrival'?

Like I always say, we can all have our biases and affiliations. What I find incredible is the way some Nigerians have uniquely distinguished our Nation as one where grown adults are unable to call a spade a spade and likely to ignore factual/logical submissions to begin arguing emotionally.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Our current democratic experiment began in 1999. The PDP has been in control of the Federal government since then. When have they made any serious effort to reform critical sectors/parastatals/organisations like the judiciary, NNPC, Nigerian Police force et al? Can you logically fault the argument that it is wrong and self-destructive for PDP Presidents, one after the other, to continue going for crooks as AGF/Minister of justice for a critical sector long overdue for reform?

Furthermore, how does it help things for any us to be obsessing over when a problem began? Is considerations no longer about those currently in charge seeking solutions? When those who are in charge then deliberately worsen the problem with the woeful appointments they make, what point are you getting at here talking of the ACN and toll payment? Hw is that relevant to how PDP President deliberately choose blunt and ineffective tools as AGF/Minister of justice thereby rendering efforts to reform the judiciary 'dead on arrival'

Like I always say, we can all have our biases and affiliations. What I find incredible is the way some Nigerians have uniquely distinguished our Nation as one where grown adults are unable to call a spade a spade and likely to ignore factual/logical submissions to begin arguing emotionally.

U made no sense. Quit smoking cow dung. It's affecting your empty skull

1 Like

Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by omiobo: 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
oddy4real:
A.C.N goon, I won't blame you for your obsession with the PDP. U are earning your pay!

That guy is right! When you outgrown the clothes you used to wear,you change them. Change is all we need.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by thelastPope(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
thelastPope:

The problem I have with you ACN folks is that you turn everything into a political campaign and have no true love for Nigeria. Simple questions for you:

1. Why have the opposition never sponsored bills to change these laws?

2. Do the opposition have to wait for them to produce a president to sponsor these bills? No matter the party in power in the USA, the opposition will always raise and try to push through, bills that reflect their ideology, whether they are passed on not. That is what they actually use in their campaign to come back to power.

3. Why have the opposition never implemented or championed anti-corruption laws and projects in their controlled states. Their states are as corrupt as any PDP states and sometimes even more as they perpetuate a one man rule system.

4. Why are opposition members of NASS part and parcel of the corruption in the NASS? They are all represented in all the corrupt committees in the house of reps and have never raised objections to corruption. I would have expected them to expose the ruling party practices in the house and actually use that as springboards to gain public acceptance, but they have chosen instead to be part and parcel of the corruption and only come out to say GEJ is corrupt when they want to do a political campaign.

So when you say PDP must go, I wonder what you mean. Which PDP? Go where? In the last two presidential elections, ACN has presented two former PDP persons as their presidential candidates. In 2007, ACN presented Atiku Abubarkar, one of the biggest thieves in Nigeria, as their presidential candidate. In 2011, the ACN again presented a former PDP person as their presidential candidate and the ACN leader was in Aso rock to make a deal with PDP and collect agunje. How are they going to now fight corruption? The last governorship candidate for ACN in Akwa Ibom state was a former PDP senator who for 8 good years, did nothing in the senate but collect money. The list can go on and on. Even the twitter warlord El Rufai was a former PDP corrupt politician who sold lands in Abuja to his cronies. Are these the alternative that would fight corruption?

The antidote to good governance is pressure from the people, not your proposed exchange of kettle with pot! Most of you keep showing yourselves up as party members doing early campaign in 2013 rather than concerned Nigerians who would love to see a new and a changed Nigeria! Sad!
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by ubong560(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
The point here is that CORRUPT high personified beings appoint CORRUPT officers into CORRUPT offices to fight CORRUPT citizens and the CORRUPTION on itself. Can u ever expect this to work and if yes, where do u expect it to start from and where does it end? It's like trying to catch ur own shadow wch u know is impossible. Until we are ready to fight corruption with her bare hands (forget judiciary), then we are not ready to get rid of corruption in dis country.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by thelastPope(m): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
omiobo:

That guy is right! When you outgrown the clothes you used to wear,you change them. Change is all we need.

Change from what to what?

We need the people to stand up and insist on good governance, not change from yam to cocoyam!
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Suljosh: 12:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
When my time comes, me to go steal plenty money. After al i wld go free on bail afta paying some paltry some. dat's wat our leaders are teaching us. E.g DumbJonathan, Fakrouk, Bankole, Yakubu, Bode george etc etc.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by honeric01(m): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
thelastPope:

Change from what to what?

We need the people to stand up and insist on good governance, not change from yam to cocoyam!

LOL, i laugh seriously at your "comments"

Changing from slow motion to decisive actions.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by BodyKiss(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
uzeba: In naija just serve God and live ur life!! And u will enjoy this nation!

Very bad thought. Not the one of serving God of course.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Gbawe: 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
jidejoseph: But falane is a big lawyer he can chalenged the judgement and people like dino melaye and gbenga aruleba should bring the case on air with the inspector general of police efcc icpc

What do we have an AGF/minister of justice for? To idly file his nails daily while Falana and co outside government perform his duty for him? Judicial reform , and the setting of good precedence, begins with the AGF/minister of justice.

Get that appointment wrong and everything is a waste of time.

Do we have such a memory deficit we all cannot remember how Aondoakaa, only yesterday, went around openly abetting criminality, corruption and delivering 'justice' for his warped paymasters like Ibori? There is virtually nothing anyone can do if we have an AGF fully dedicated to abetting the status quo.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
This is why I made it clear that those blaming Jonathan for corruption in Nigeria are either naive or ignorant.

Corruption has eaten deep into the fabrics of the Nigeria, from the executive to the Legislative to the Judiciary, the language of "chop I chop" is well spoken and well understood by all and sundry.

Take Farouk for example, a story was published that the night he was supposedly detained, the man slept in his house. Police men were drafted to follow home, where he slept and then, they all went back to the station in the morning.

Our law enforcement agents, our judiciary officers, our prison officers, etc are all involved.

WE need to look into the issue, it is not just about arresting, prosecuting and sentencing, our system is designed for corruption! There are no two ways about it.

What is our national ideology? Do we have nation builders? Do we have patriots?

This is a nation where parents "buy" admission for the children, pay "mercenaries" to write exam for their children, and yet expect our "tomorrow" to have great leaders.The day we decide to tell our selves the truth so that we can restructure, is the day the journey to a New Nigeria will start.

For now, we cn sit behind our computers and blame Jonathan!

1 Like

Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Gbawe: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
omiobo:

Look, ignore characters like that. They are losers and clannish twerps who will never in their worthless lives be able to call a spade a spade. Have I lied that PDP Presidents have a penchant for deploying crooks and immoral mediocrities as AGF?

Do we not have principled, upright disciples of the law more fitting for such an office in a Nation that badly needs comprehensive and thorough judicial reform? Who should be the arrowhead or champion of such reforms if not the AGF? When President after Presidents deliberately shun principled men to go for crooked charlatans and extortionist, is it not only clannish sycophants who will defend the self-destructive appointments of such Presidents?

Whatever ethnic group or Political Party we are associated with should not blind us to the concept of how it should still be round pegs for round holes as solid base to lay reform foundation upon. That is what is responsible for the progress we enviously see others making yet lack the mindset and unity to demand for in Nigeria.

Instead Nigeria appears doomed with how it is clannish folks, dedicated to ethnicity and sectional bias, arguing against the simple principle that you cannot deliver reform using the wrong tool same as it is utterly ridiculous trying to cut a vastly overgrown lawn with a pair of small scissors. There are some things, regardless of ethnic or sectional affiliations, we should all agree over. For example, we can all agree the President who deploys a crook as AGF is not serious about judicial reform.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by thelastPope(m): 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
honeric01:

LOL, i laugh seriously at your "comments"

Changing from slow motion to decisive actions.

You mean decisive action to steal 7 billion like the lagos speaker? Or decisive action to allocate lagos funds to Tinubu? Or decisive action to choose Atiku as presidential candidate?

We need the people to insist on good governance, no matter the party in power. keep the fire under their butts burning hot! You lot are just on a political campaign and everyone can see through that. You have no love for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by thelastPope(m): 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, ignore characters like that. They are losers and clannish twerps who will never in their worthless lives be able to call a spade a spade. Have I lied that PDP Presidents have a penchant for deploying crooks and immoral mediocrities as AGF?

Do we not have principled, upright disciples of the law more fitting for such an office in a Nation that badly needs comprehensive and thorough judicial reform? Who should be the arrowhead or champion of such reforms if not the AGF? When President after Presidents deliberately shun principled men to go for crooked charlatans and extortionist, is it not only clannish sycophants who will defend the self-destructive appointments of such Presidents?

Whatever ethnic group or Political Party we are associated with should not blind us to the concept of how it should still be round pegs for round holes as solid base to lay reform foundation upon. That is what is responsible for the progress we enviously see others making yet lack the mindset and unity to demand for in Nigeria.

Instead Nigeria appears doomed with how it is clannish folks, dedicated to ethnicity and sectional bias, arguing against the simple principle that you cannot deliver reform using the wrong tool same as it is utterly ridiculous trying to cut a vastly overgrown lawn with a pair of small scissors. There are some things, regardless of ethnic or sectional affiliations, we should all agree over. For example, we can all agree the President who deploys a crook as AGF is not serious about judicial reform.

The problem I have with you ACN folks is that you turn everything into a political campaign and have no true love for Nigeria. Simple questions for you:

2. Do the opposition have to wait for them to produce a president to sponsor these bills? No matter the party in power in the USA, the opposition will always raise and try to push through, bills that reflect their ideology, whether they are passed on not. That is what they actually use in their campaign to come back to power.

3. Why have the opposition never implemented or championed anti-corruption laws and projects in their controlled states. Their states are as corrupt as any PDP states and sometimes even more as they perpetuate a one man rule system.

4. Why are opposition members of NASS part and parcel of the corruption in the NASS? They are all represented in all the corrupt committees in the house of reps and have never raised objections to corruption. I would have expected them to expose the ruling party practices in the house and actually use that as springboards to gain public acceptance, but they have chosen instead to be part and parcel of the corruption and only come out to say GEJ is corrupt when they want to do a political campaign.

So when you say PDP must go, I wonder what you mean. Which PDP? Go where? In the last two presidential elections, ACN has presented two former PDP persons as their presidential candidates. In 2007, ACN presented Atiku Abubarkar, one of the biggest thieves in Nigeria, as their presidential candidate. In 2011, the ACN again presented a former PDP person as their presidential candidate and the ACN leader was in Aso rock to make a deal with PDP and collect agunje. How are they going to now fight corruption? The last governorship candidate for ACN in Akwa Ibom state was a former PDP senator who for 8 good years, did nothing in the senate but collect money. The list can go on and on. Even the twitter warlord El Rufai was a former PDP corrupt politician who sold lands in Abuja to his cronies. Are these the alternative that would fight corruption?

The antidote to good governance is pressure from the people, not your proposed exchange of kettle with pot! Most of you keep showing yourselves up as party members doing early campaign in 2013 rather than concerned Nigerians who would love to see a new and a changed Nigeria! Sad!

1 Like

Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by honeric01(m): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
thelastPope:

You mean decisive action to steal 7 billion like the lagos speaker? Or decisive action to allocate lagos funds to Tinubu? Or decisive action to choose Atiku as presidential candidate?

We need the people to insist on good governance, no matter the party in power. keep the fire under their butts burning hot! You lot are just on a political campaign and everyone can see through that. You have no love for Nigeria!

Whether Lagos speaker stole 10 billion or Gombe speaker stole 100 billion cedis, i don't care, what i care about is seeing people who steal behind bars with the appropriate sentences worth the level of their offense.

I don't do all these party bla bla bla.

You actually have no love for this country, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU WANT GOOD GOVERNANCE when the party in power is abetting and sharing bed with corrupt people? they even have these corrupt people in the FEC and other vital offices in the country?

Infact let me do the honorable thing by quoting people with true concern for the country.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by omenka(m): 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
Gbawe:

This is why some us hold that, fundamentally, the PDP has to go. No PDP President, since 1999, has shown an interest in the genuine reform of critical/transformational sectors that can turn around Nigeria drastically. We do not need to belabour the notion that a strong judiciary is needed to negate the lawlessness and "justice for sale" impunity now consuming and shaming Nigeria.

What then are Nigerian Presidents playing at, doing the opposite of what is required, deploying AGF/Minister of justice who are ultra-corrupt and morally bankrupt men like Aondoakaa and Adoke-Bello? Yet we all saw Yar Adua and GEJ, of their own free will, respectively go for those worthless and destructive characters while shunning the many distinguished and upright disciples of the law Nigeria parades. This is the biggest clue PDP Presidents are not dedicated to critical reform.

If you want to deliver reform you must seek out genuine reformers. The likes of Falana, Fawehinmi, Agbakoba et al were/are there. Some have gone to jail many times for Nigeria and stood up to the worst dictator our Nation has known. Yet successive PDP President shun those men to make corrupt crooks our AGF because those Presidents, self-destructively, are merely interested in immoral men who can help them continue the effort to make our judiciary a subjective tool that is institutionally weak and only capable of abetting the warped agenda of the rich and powerful in society.

"By their appointees ye shall know them". Simple as that. We are going nowhere when successive President shun brilliant, distinguished and fearless disciples of the law to empower crooks, mediocrities and cheap extortionists who will use the office of AGF/Minister of justice as a tool of massive self aggrandizement and an instrument with which to pervert and undermine justice.
Nigeria is indeed in a big mess!!! I saw one of those attorney generals @ a club last nyt acting like a taut with two policemen standing guard. It's a damn shame! I looked @ him and was like, heck, can't believe this was thesame man that caused the country sooo much problems! Lord have mercy. Indeed, these men are irrideemable perverts!
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
Femi falana, with due respect, knows d law bt has elected to pander to d whims of d public.
D Judge did nt err in law when he delivered dat judgement. D decision is in conformity with d provisions of d penal code.
We shld focus on amending laws dat is not in tandem with our aspirations as a ppl.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Afolabs101: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
thelastPope:

You raise some very good points here. ACN and CPC have some level of representation in the National Assembly, why can they not sponsor a bill to modify the penal code to include harsher penalties for corruption. Are they afraid??

And you're right, they are all the same. Lost out in PDP? ACN, CPC, Labour Party are all ready and willing to receive you!
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by menix(m): 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
Nigerian Judiciary is run by Ogboni Confra, so wat do u xpect them to do 2 a member..
Kill him? Then wake up frm ur slumber...
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by olabukola: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
Wow did you guys noticed how Mr gbawe turned a blind eye to lastpope's post.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by slimfit1(m): 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
Well you would not see David mark talking about this issue that concern him you will hear him asking how Nigeria lost tomorrow just watch out it's things that don't concern him that is not relevant to his duties you hear him comment about useless man.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by slimfit1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2013
Afolabs101:

You raise some very good points here. ACN and CPC have some level of representation in the National Assembly, why can they not sponsor a bill to modify the penal code to include harsher penalties for corruption. Are they afraid??

And you're right, they are all the same. Lost out in PDP? ACN, CPC, Labour Party are all ready and willing to receive you!

Good question but ACN members should come out and answer this question and avoid telling us you are minorities oh explain to us pls.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
So where is the law that says stealing a China phone attracts a maximum sentence of 3years without option of fine?

Corrupt Judges.
Re: Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana by slimfit1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
20pounds: Femi falana, with due respect, knows d law bt has elected to pander to d whims of d public.
D Judge did nt err in law when he delivered dat judgement. D decision is in conformity with d provisions of d penal code.
We shld focus on amending laws dat is not in tandem with our aspirations as a ppl.

You think that people like him would come out and make a difference, I'm not to impress with him not very active this femi guy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amiesimaka Stadium A Class Above Akwa Ibom Complex, Igwe Boasts / Ibos Never Reply When Northerners Insult Them. Why??? / #BuhariResign Trends Worldwide: Millions Calls For President's Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.