Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? (2692 Views)

A Parasitic Friendship, Should I Get Her Out Of My Life Or Correct Her / Why Are Ladies Parasitic In Friendship??? / Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by ubong560(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2013
Ever had a parasitic friend who always look at the angle of benefitting from u and never seem to give to u no matter what flows in his/her hand. You are the one always making the expenses on him/her and never receive from him/her. NOTE: Not because he/she doesnt have, but because he/she does not have the will to share with u the way u did with him/her wen u had it. How do u manage such a friend be it HE or SHE?

It happens alot during college days.
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by eazy12(m): 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
As you said they are everywhere,u just decide to give or not 2 give. As for me I still help when I feel like,not expecting anything in return cos they think they are wise but they don't knw they are just fooling themselves

1 Like

Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by Mynd44: 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
Well when you give don't expect to receive from them. That's how I live

1 Like

Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by Plarp: 1:44am On Feb 03, 2013
Get rid of them... what the hell is wrong with you ppl?
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by True2myself24(f): 3:22am On Feb 03, 2013
^^^
I second that.
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by ubong560(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2013
Are u saying the friendship shld be ended just because of this?
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by Plarp: 9:48am On Feb 03, 2013
Of course.. its not like they are your family. A parasite doesnt care about you, get rid of them

2 Likes

Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 03, 2013
I had a lot of them in college days,there's this one that never likes to spent when with people. What I do is to avoid spending too when around him,he's exceptional stingy,but my friends,and I dealt with him by excluding him in our plans.
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2013
Plarp: Of course.. its not like they are your family. A parasite doesnt care about you, get rid of them
not really advisable to end a friendship cos of that.
My method that works 100% is to pay them in their own coin. I become parasitic to them and them alone. Before they come along to ask for something, i've already asked them for that, no matter how little it is they have.
That way it becomes a symbiotic relationship. I have lots of them and we are very good friends.
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 03, 2013
Like Jesus said, ''give and expect nothing in return,for thy reward is in heaven''
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by ubong560(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2013
@flashaldrin, o boy u go kill person wit laugh for here. U are too funny abeg.

I dont just know why som pple could just be that selfish and parasitically immuned. One friend of mine during college days had the habit of wanting to receive anything, i mean 'anything' from u but u can never get a needle from him. He begged anything beggable frm garri to sugar to polish to spoon/plate to salt to lighting matches to foot sox just name it. At a time, i became fade up with him after using my phone to make calls and wen i curiously checked his airtime balance, he had more than N1,800 on his phone and yet he collected my to make his calls. I dont know his whereabout now but i learnt he's still living the same life parasiting wit people around him. Mayb its in his gene.

note: he was not that poor that he couldnt afford all those bt just because of the in-born stinginess in him.

Moderator, this would be an interesting topic this wonderful sunday. Front Page pls!!!
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:08am On Mar 31, 2019
Plarp:
Get rid of them... what the hell is wrong with you ppl?
Quite easy to say than do
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:09am On Mar 31, 2019
Plarp:
Of course.. its not like they are your family. A parasite doesnt care about you, get rid of them
So blunt..... And on point. Thumbs up
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:10am On Mar 31, 2019
Flashaldrin:

not really advisable to end a friendship cos of that.
My method that works 100% is to pay them in their own coin. I become parasitic to them and them alone. Before they come along to ask for something, i've already asked them for that, no matter how little it is they have.
That way it becomes a symbiotic relationship. I have lots of them and we are very good friends.
Can you cite examples pls?
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:15am On Mar 31, 2019
Friendship has to be a mutual kind for it to work (both parties gain) or at worst, symbiotic (one party gains, while the other part neither gains nor lose). Once a party is losing, it is becoming parasitic and is not fit to be called a friendship.
A saying in my tribe is interpreted as "Deity if you can better my condition, leave me as I am"
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by anochuko01(m): 6:57am On Mar 31, 2019
kill the parasite...parasites are the first to leave when they see you "dead". friendship requires two people who are after eachothers good.
Re: Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? by MJBOLT: 8:06am On Mar 31, 2019
learn to say NO to friends like that,it's very easy

(1) (Reply)

Is Being A Male Virgin At The Age Of 18 Cool??? / Where Is Yuzedo Please Bring Him Back / Moment Of Truth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.