Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? (2721 Views)

SINGLES & MARRIED: How To Know If You Are In A Parasitic Relationship / What Most Women Want From Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by nurabela: 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
Why great majority of women prefer parasitic relationship to 'mutualistic' relationship? Is this trait natural or artificial?
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by iice(f): 3:31am On Apr 26, 2011
Nurtured trait.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by segzicres(m): 3:33am On Apr 26, 2011
It's the way here in nigeria but lookin at it again!! Most of our GURLS are hungry that's why most of 'em have pot bellies!!!
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by snthesis(m): 4:22am On Apr 26, 2011
I tink its part of d pleasure watchin a guy foot d bills tongue
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 26, 2011
First of all >> parasitic? seriously? undecided undecided
I don't think that is fair. Dependent is more 'honorable' than parasitic.
Secondly, it's an internationally established law of nature that a man is the provider.
That's how it's been all over the world and for centuries my friend.  grin
So why the questioning now? Seems like men who fuss are the ones who want to sit on their behinds
and do the house sitting/ being taken care of and financially sponsored.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 26, 2011
Do you know the meaning of parasitic?

What he's asking is fair. A lot of women enter and endure parasitic relationships for this notion, usually false, that their boyfriend/husband/whomever will change for the better. Sometimes the repercussions are costly.

It's not artificial by any means. Women tend to be very tolerant, especially when love is involved, no matter how bombastic or fragile. I've been in a parasitic relationship before. I've definitely learned my lesson. Never again. I think it's a result of both nature and/or nurture.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2011
^^never you question what I do and don't know. OK?
I have respected you thus far don't go there.

I said dependent sounds more reasonable than parasitic as he offered no explanation nor scenario to explain his usage of the word. If I was oblivious to the meaning or parasite or parasitic would I have found a synonym for the word and explained why I feel it is an appropriate alternative? abeg move yu clat an gweh before I call your best friend, the 419 guy, to finish you off.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrCork17: 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2011
ogugua88,    sweeeery SLAP HER FACE!!!    angry

MzDarkskin is a illetrate undecided
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by 190: 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

^^never you question what I do and don't know. OK?
I have respected you thus far don't go there.

I said dependent sounds more reasonable than parasitic as he offered no explanation nor scenario to explain his usage of the word. If I was oblivious to the meaning or parasite or parasitic would I have found a synonym for the word and explained why I feel it is an appropriate alternative? abeg move yu clat an gweh before I call your best friend, the 419 guy, to finish you off.

Parasitic and dependent aren't synonymous. Parasitic relationships and mutualistic relationships are two of the three classes of relationships that categorize symbiosis or biologicial interactions.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrCork17: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2011
ogugua88:

Parasitic and dependent aren't synonymous. Parasitic relationships and mutualistic relationships are two of the three classes of relationships that categorize symbiosis or biologicial interactions.

ogugua88 <<<<<<Beauty & Brain, my kinda babe wink
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2011
Wikipedia is nice. I see you have utilized that avenue however, my point still stands.
Actually they are synonyms both pertaining to an act of one life form or being that  has adapted to living off of another
or 'depending' on the other for support of some sort. Like I said when I was talking to the poster btw,
he could have used another word. That was my opinion and you need not pass your place questioning
anybody's knowledge.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2011
In my opinion, women can either want to live off a man, contribute equally with a man, or be self sufficient. 

Each women have different expectations in relationships and what one person prefers is not generic for all persons. 

Wikipedia is not a reliable source even college professors will tell you not to use it as a reference.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2011
Mr, Cork:

ogugua88 <<<<<<Beauty & Brain, my kinda babe wink

Too bad you do not have NEITHER. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

In my opinion, women can either want to live off a man, contribute equally with a man, or be self sufficient. 

Each women have different expectations in relationships and what one person prefers is not generic for all persons. 

Wikipedia is not a reliable source even college professors will tell you not to use it as a reference.

LOOOOOOL! Chima you gonna kill me with laughter today!  grin
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2011
Lol no one's fighting any of you. A concept is trying to be changed. In parasitic relationships, one is benefiting while the other is harmed or in danger. That doesn't have much to do with dependent women considering women are usually victims is all I'm saying.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Isoke(f): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2011
Some men might consider it parasitic when a woman wants you to spend on her and do things for her, but rarely do they think their incessant desires for sex, coddling and adoration as parasitic. I think parasitic relationships are two way streets not confined to any particular gender. A parasite consumes without thought or care to the damage done, so if this is the kind of individual you are attracting then maybe you need to check your own character or learn to be a wiser chooser of women.

Never forget that you choose these women, and therefore should not project these characteristics on to all women (contrary to the popular myth, we are not all the SAME). There are people (men and women) capable of giving great love, respect, and mutual affection and adoration to one another. You have to handpick them, and have an eye for the real thing.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2011
ogugua88:

Lol no one's fighting any of you. A concept is trying to be changed. In parasitic relationships, one is benefiting while the other is harmed or in danger. That doesn't have much to do with dependent women considering women are usually victims is all I'm saying.

I can't speak for others but I didn't take it as if you was trying to fight with me or anyone else but we do need to learn to agree to disagree.

It still remain that each women are different in terms of their actions and expectations. Whatever floats their boat I hope it makes them happy.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2011
Yeah, I agree, but then you, too, mentioned Wikipedia.

Isoke:

Some men might consider it parasitic when a woman wants you to spend on her and do things for her, but rarely do they think their incessant desires for sex, coddling and adoration as parasitic. I think parasitic relationships are two way streets not confined to any particular gender. A parasite consumes without thought or care to the damage done, so if this is the kind of individual you are attracting then maybe you need to check your own character or learn to be a wiser chooser of women.

I thought about that as well, but women asking for money to be spent on her or men desiring for sex or adoration can't be considered parasitic, in my opinion, until it's classified as stealing or r.ape.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrCork17: 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2011
ermm MRs Chima. sadly you & MzDarkskin are not as inteligent as ogugua88 ( a true beauty & brain). no oofeinse! wink
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by segzicres(m): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2011
The gurls are just hating b'cos the truth is being said. They are more like leeces!!
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2011
ogugua88:

Yeah, I agree, but then you, too, mentioned Wikipedia.

I thought about that as well, but women asking for money to be spent on her or men desiring for sex or adoration can't be considered parasitic, in my opinion, until it's classified as stealing or r.ape.

I sure did mentioned Wikipedia and I also mentioned that college professors will tell you not to use it as a reference.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2011
Mr, Cork:

ermm MRs Chima. sadly you & MzDarkskin are not as inteligent as ogugua88 ( a true beauty & brain). no oofeinse! wink

Coming from you I will take that as a compliment. wink No offense Ogugua.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2011
Mr, Cork:

ermm MRs Chima.  sadly you & MzDarkskin are not as inteligent as ogugua88 ( a true beauty & brain). no oofeinse! wink

sadly for yew we don't care  wink You're still suffering from Lackovpunnitis so deal with that
before you bring your dunce sef in here to talk  grin.

@oguagua no one is fighting you. You just offended me with that line, that's all.

segzi cres:

The gurls are just hating b'cos the truth is being said. They are more like leeces!!

leecHes. wink
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

sadly for yew we don't care  wink You're still suffering from Lackovpunnitis so deal with that
before you bring your dunce sef in here to talk grin.

@oguagua no one is fighting you. You just offended me with that line, that's all.

Exactly. This shrek looking blob couldn't even score punny ONLINE and OFFLINE talking about intelligence and beauty.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2011
^^ right.  Can't even get a pr0stitute to grant him service even if he DID pay  grin

Possum looking azz.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

^^ right.  Can't even get a pr0stitute to grant him service even if he DID pay  grin

Possum looking azz.

Couldn't get a desperate ho and that bleeped up.

Don't tell me he is that possum that we ran over the other day? shocked shocked shocked That was a big arse ugly possum. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin

yeah it was him. that explains why his axx was gone for so long. tongue
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by andy1(m): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2011
hmmmm am loving d show of intellect on dis thread, @mr cork nawah 4 u oh. U jst wan start sumtin sha!!
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by segzicres(m): 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2011
@mrcork typing error.thanks.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I sure did mentioned Wikipedia and I also mentioned that college professors will tell you not to use it as a reference. 

Lol okay. Feign innocence.

segzi cres:

Lol I doubt that. That's the point Isoke was making.
Re: Why Most Women Prefer Parasitic Relationship To Mutualistic Relationship? by Dsense(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2011
segzi cres:

It's the way here in nigeria but lookin at it again!! Most of our GURLS are hungry that's why most of 'em have pot bellies!!!

Yours girls or our girls grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

“ I Trust You” Is A Better Compliment Than “I Love You”: Do You Agree? / Why Every Woman (both Married & Unmarried) Should Be Industrious / How I Fell In Love With A Nairalander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.