Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? (10314 Views)

Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware / See Ds Interesting Thread I Saw On Twitter,Shows Reality Of Life As A JobSeeker / How A Jobseeker Responded To A Company’s Rejection Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by eimuhb(f): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
Black Peni5: I'm willing to employ any beautiful and endowed female Nairalander to be my girlfriend.

Package is very attractive...Hurry while offer lasts.

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
my advice goes out to serving corps members and inspiring applicants to shine their eyes every where they are posted to and look for any opportunity they can tap from at the state they are posted to dont see where u are coming from as the best in nigeria explore other states and engage the indigenes in one on one talk for link and business their people do to make money from their u can get ur link which could open a lifetime opportunity for u
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by GentleNaaz(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
@op, it has nt bn easy o especially in financial aspect. I hv bn coping tru
1. Eatn 2 time a day
2. Always Xplaining 2 my girls y i cnt gv dm money
3. Being stingy evn 2 myslf
4. Visitn my frnds evn wn am nt invited so dat i wl eat in dia home
5. Going 2 many ocasions dat i wl eat dia
stil it has nt bn easy. Last week i fought wt Ecobank manager cos dia bank deductd unnecessarily 4m my account

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by GentleNaaz(m): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
ecolime: I'm a serving youth corp but will be through by June. Any advice for me?
yes.. yes... Y..es!! Dia is a beta advc. If u read animal science, dontngo n look 4 job in oil company. Just relax, e don b 4 u
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by tessyade: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Revolva: I don't wanna be an applicant I wanna be a boss on ma own -- I just need loans..to start business .
Most applicants think like you but the issue is: where will the loan come from? Even the banks cannot help with such loan as they will demand collaterals that can make one go mad. Wishing applicants all the best.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by GentleNaaz(m): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
ecolime: I'm a serving youth corp but will be through by June. Any advice for me?
yes.. yes... Y..es!! Dia is a beta advc. If u read animal science, dont go n look 4 job in oil company. Just relax, e don b 4 u
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by phaya(f): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gentle Naaz: @op, it has nt bn easy o especially in financial aspect. I hv bn coping tru
1. Eatn 2 time a day
2. Always Xplaining 2 my girls y i cnt gv dm money
3. Being stingy evn 2 myslf
4. Visitn my frnds evn wn am nt invited so dat i wl eat in dia home
5. Going 2 many ocasions dat i wl eat dia
stil it has nt bn easy. Last week i fought wt Ecobank manager cos dia bank deductd unnecessarily 4m my account

This is both funny n sad at same time! Don't worry God will make everything beautiful in his own time. Be patient never lose HOPE

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Thousands of ppl graduate every yr yet only a few get a job immediately after service, wen is Nigeria goin to create more opportunities??....May God hlp us all..

@op and other job seekers, just do ur part and leave d rest to God, He never disappoints..who knows He might hv gr8a plans 4 u..by His grace we ll hear some goodnews in d house soonest...

btw, i ll be goin 4 service by March..
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by amtheone(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
Revolva: I don't wanna be an applicant I wanna be a boss on ma own -- I just need loans..to start business .

Guy u don't need a loan
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by xxxifyxxx(f): 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Please don't limit yourself to applying for Jobs only in Nigeria. There are some firms abroad that recruit people directly from other countries. If you think you are exceptional, it is a matter of applying online and they will get back to you. They can do telephone interview for you.

I know of two people that have gone through this way. All expense paid trip to the company abroad.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Dsage1: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Please guys,Get vocational skills and establish yourselves. How long will you continue looking around for what's limited/not available.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Bolt2011(m): 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
I can't believe am on the front page

Thanks Moderator, thanks for the good job you did on my post and for bringing me here

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Gorimakpa(m): 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
i have been working on and off for three years since after nysc, none can be called a good job. Just managing, and earning less than one needs to settle down and start living an enjohbale life. Yet I have written countless tests and attended several interviews with many big organisations, government agencies etc. No way. At the end of the day, you would hear that some people with connection got employed in these places through the back door.

The bitter truth is that 95% of the good jobs in naija especially government, top companies, etc go to those with connections. The rest of us who dont have connections are left to scramble for the 5% left, and manage all the other poor paying and unstable jobs. Its good to be optimistic, but it is also not good to deceive yourself in order to avoid disappointment. The sad thing is that some of us have clocked around 30 years, and you know that almost all the good companies now would tell you they want only applicants that are less than 26 years, with 2.1 bla bla. How does one cope?

the solution is to keep trying your luck, and attend events where you may meet influential top shots, and tell them your situation. Sometimes one can get big connection from a stranger,not only from your family member.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by pat077: 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
All i want now is a bank dat will do 2 tins 4 me: Give me a loan and then leave me alone.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Sexkillzdick: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2013

same here o... after 2yrs, i dnt want to search again. jst give me 200k and i'm very sure i will even pay back after 6mnths and will b ok thereafter. LOAN PLSSSSS
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by pat077: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2013
xxxifyxxx: Please don't limit yourself to applying for Jobs only in Nigeria. There are some firms abroad that recruit people directly from other countries. If you think you are exceptional, it is a matter of applying online and they will get back to you. They can do telephone interview for you.

I know of two people that have gone through this way. All expense paid trip to the company abroad.
do such company employ fresh graduate?
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ritux: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
I finished my NYSC and travelled to UK for my masters. Now I am back in the country hoping to get a job soon. I have sent over 1500 CV within the last six month and I believe I will get a job soon. I will not give up. Like someone said above, I have gotten calls from foreign firms but none yielded positive news but I still believe this Feb will not pass me by God's grace. I have noticed something that security guards even have lot of say in submitting hard copy CV in firms because they will not even want you to go in.

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by pianogirl(f): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Trust me,this is one issue that has been giving me sleepless nights recently..I'm a serving corp member but will be passing out on Feb 14th.I must confess,the thought of being jobless some months after NYSC is really scary...really scary I must say.Looking at the number of unemployed graduates we have roaming the streets,it's not even encouraging at all.People say there are jobs..Others say there are no jobs.If you ask me,its like the number of jobs we have out there are very small compared to the millions of graduates out there seeking for jobs.Pls,I stand to be corrected...Any word of advice from you guys will be appreciated.Thanks
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by pat077: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gentle Naaz: yes.. yes... Y..es!! Dia is a beta advc. If u read animal science, dont go n look 4 job in oil company. Just relax, e don b 4 u
lol.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ritux: 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
pat077: do such company employ fresh graduate?

Yes they do. But I think they normally have time they employ fresh graduates. But most times, they employ people with experience. A friend of mine is leaving Naija for an employment with Abu dhabi oil company in the UAE
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by kissoflife: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
xxxifyxxx: Please don't limit yourself to applying for Jobs only in Nigeria. There are some firms abroad that recruit people directly from other countries. If you think you are exceptional, it is a matter of applying online and they will get back to you. They can do telephone interview for you.

pls explain further
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ademutiu: 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
This thread isn’t only motivating but propelling. I finished service three years ago and because of my grade and professional certifications; I started attending interviews even before the end of my NYSC but no breakthrough. Two years after ,I got a job in a one-man consulting firm but mehn jobs weren’t coming in as expected therefore no salary, I got frustrated as I had no money for tfare. But just three months ago , I got a good job, not paying much at the moment but I believe with time, determination and personal development, I will get there. Please do not despair and move closer to God.

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Lachynos2k2(m): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
i finished my nysc 4 yrs back then i worked wit abia state govt bt d salary is nottin to write home about(ridiculously underpaid) am plannin to quit d job coz its not lukin promisin at all even in d next 5 yrs and i aint gettin any younger. i have nice business ideas bt no capital,..my dad left a property worth more than N50m for us before he died,am d fourth son among five boys and 2 gals(both married now)..i ve tried to talk to my elder brodas to help n raise capital for me bt they prefer i stayed under them n help manage their businesses which i strongly declined cos i have my dreams to pursue n i hav to raise my own family..i ve told them abt sellin d property so dat i and my younger broda could get some capital to build our businesses,this created a huge chaos in d family and now i ve been labelled ''the black sheep of the family jux becos i asked for my right''..my dear fellow nairalanders i need ur urgent and sincere advise on wat to do..no dissin pls,this is a real life situation.. thanks in anticipation of ur positive contribution.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by mkoabiola: 5:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pls ,where can I enroll for my PGD programm cos this job hunting don tire me ooo.
A good suggestion will b highly appreciated cos I want to start PGD ASAP .
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by jakedes(m): 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
Dear Mr poster..Its really nice to see and read all the advice and "hope in God" words.....thanks for your words of advice...but there is this saying in the bible that when you see some 1 in need you don't only tell the person God should you..but help the person with informations and links that will help him or her..1 thing we all lack in this country is love..(the 3 branches...love for self,love for our neigbour and love for God)so many of us in this country are just selfish with useful informations...instead we embark on the "have faith in God and empower self advice"syndrome(quaterbaked advice)...do you Guys think God sends appointment letter from heaven?...ask yourself this "how many people have i given a positive useful information or link?" man know man can be anybody and not just knowing those at the top...remember "Help" is constant..if it does not come you it will surely come from some1 else...thank you

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by 2sexy(m): 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2013

Gbam....!

I will add that, you should first gain experience in whatever field you wish to work, even if you have to work for free (as in Internship). This will allow you gain experience and also aid in boosting your CV.

Experience first and all others will follow. I am serving soon sha ( March) ... I don plot my graph and find the gradient!
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by azimibraun: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
Truth be told I live in d city and I travel a lot. Nt a single person in all d cities dt I hv lived and bin 2 dt gt a job without someone presenting their names as candidates of Man No Man the oda category are dos who paid over 300k to t job. If u knw of anybody who jst applied for a job and gt it pls stand up.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Dsage1: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
@lachynot2k2, how do you think they will listen to you when you refuse to add any value to your father's left properties but to sell it?

Man, if your story was true,better go back to them and start behaving like a man. Belief me if you're part of the business,of course,they will listen to your advise.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by 2sexy(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
azimibraun: Truth be told I live in d city and I travel a lot. Nt a single person in all d cities dt I hv lived and bin 2 dt gt a job without someone presenting their names as candidates of Man No Man the oda category are dos who paid over 300k to t job. If u knw of anybody who jst applied for a job and gt it pls stand up.
A friend just got employed by Chevron! He is going for his medicals soon, possibly next week... we all wrote the test last year and I am still waiting for interview since the call badge by badge.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ritux: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
azimibraun: Truth be told I live in d city and I travel a lot. Nt a single person in all d cities dt I hv lived and bin 2 dt gt a job without someone presenting their names as candidates of Man No Man the oda category are dos who paid over 300k to t job. If u knw of anybody who jst applied for a job and gt it pls stand up.

I know lots of person. My friend prayer works with had work.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by xxxifyxxx(f): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
pat077: do such company employ fresh graduate?

Yes they do...For example, this is for recent graduates http://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/students-and-graduates/index.html

On the other hand, for those that are still in University, they can apply for two week internship, if you perform well, they might employ you when you graduate. http://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/students-and-graduates/our-programs/emea-programs/division-spring-internships.html

Competition is crazy though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Lanky Genius Without A Job By Mobolaji Atolagbe / ICS LTD Aptitude Test And Interview / I Will Build You A Professional Responsive Website/blog For 18K Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.