Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? (10313 Views)

Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware / See Ds Interesting Thread I Saw On Twitter,Shows Reality Of Life As A JobSeeker / How A Jobseeker Responded To A Company’s Rejection Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by xxxifyxxx(f): 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
I hear people work abroad through AISEC?
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Lachynos2k2(m): 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
D sage: @lachynot2k2, how do you think they will listen to you when you refuse to add any value to your father's left properties but to sell it?

Man, if your story was true,better go back to them and start behaving like a man. Belief me if you're part of the business,of course,they will listen to your advise.
thanks for ur response b wat u advised me to do was what i ve did for many years.. even before my dad died abt 10 years ago..the eldest had to take over d biz as his own when i ve left home in search of job..
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ritux: 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
Another secret is the way you package your CV. The way we write our CV here in Nigeria is totally different from the way CV is written in the UK and other European and Middle East countries.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by MoAfrica: 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
God's time is the best time, I was in your shoes. After my graduation at varsity I struggled for many years to get a job but now all I can say is Thank You Jesus.

I can afford more than a million rand house.
I drive a BMW, i can afford any car i want.
I eat what i want anytime.
I pay my tithe without hustle.
I have investments in some of the leading investment banks in South Africa.
I take care of my elderly parents.
The list is endless, the above is not meant for boasting but to encourage you, like I said God’s time is the best time.

2 Likes

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by 2sexy(m): 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
xxxifyxxx: I hear people work abroad through AISEC?
do you have similar organization that may serve the oil industry?
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ritux: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
2sexy: do you have similar organization that may serve the oil industry?

Yea, try Hays.com or Huxley. They recruit qualified candidates f☺r some oil and gas firms. Register your cv with them.

2 Likes

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ritux: 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
You can also check rigzone for oil and gas jobs

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Dsage1: 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Lachynos2k2: thanks for ur response b wat u advised me to do was what i ve did for many years.. even before my dad died abt 10 years ago..the eldest had to take over d biz as his own when i ve left home in search of job..

Actually there's nothing as good as getting your wealth/properties through hard working and God giving innate ability.On the other hand,it's your right to get shares in your father left properties. Now,if you can't forget everything your father left and focus on your life, the only solution left for you is to take a legal action.

May be your brothers still want you to mature enough before they release your own share for you?

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by 2sexy(m): 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
ritux: You can also check rigzone for oil and gas jobs
yeah.. thanks! I am at rigzone too. Bbut most are for pros. I am a fresh grad.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Maya2pretty(f): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
Bolt2011:

No need to be frustrated Maya, I'm sure topics like this can motivate you. Look inwards and around you, there are things you derive joy and motivation from. Get busy, learn a trade or go for a professional course, maybe in computers if you can afford it while you hopefully wait for your dream job. Pray hard and believe in God. Happiness is a choice, stay with people that understand and encourage you. It will end in a testimony. Cheers
I cant afford any :-( but God dey
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Maya2pretty(f): 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gentle Naaz: @op, it has nt bn easy o especially in financial aspect. I hv bn coping tru
1. Eatn 2 time a day
2. Always Xplaining 2 my girls y i cnt gv dm money
3. Being stingy evn 2 myslf
4. Visitn my frnds evn wn am nt invited so dat i wl eat in dia home
5. Going 2 many ocasions dat i wl eat dia
stil it has nt bn easy. Last week i fought wt Ecobank manager cos dia bank deductd unnecessarily 4m my account
hahahahahahaha sorry oh
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Maya2pretty(f): 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
ritux: Another secret is the way you package your CV. The way we write our CV here in Nigeria is totally different from the way CV is written in the UK and other European and Middle East countries.
teach us na
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by olaedo3087(f): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
Get inspired and share ideas. Search for the Facebook page of THE NIGERIAN ENTREPRENEUR and click LIKE for updates!
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
It has not really been easy, i did my pop oct 4, 2011. I graduated frm Basic Medical Science. I believe that there is a better tomorrow, just dt i dnt knw wn the tomorrow will come. I hv been teaching since then in order not to be idle. God should pls help, i am pleading and begging.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by log1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
2sexy: Gbam....!

I will add that, you should first gain experience in whatever field you wish to work, even if you have to work for free (as in Internship). This will allow you gain experience and also aid in boosting your CV.

Experience first and all others will follow. I am serving soon sha ( March) ... I don plot my graph and find the gradient!

Gbam..
Wetin b ur gradient bro? Na positive or negative...?
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by saminspires: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
It's a serious thing, been at home 3months after service. My advice is just to get busy, refuse to be idle, as that would provoke those thoughts you don't want. I just started a biz where i write for people, though the money ain't rolling in yet, but atleast it keeps me busy. Most of all, believe in God, and keep hope alive.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by ritux: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
Maya2pretty:
teach us na

To start with,

Your Name
Address
Mobile number
Email

Next state ur discipline e.g PET ENGR & RESERVOIR ENGR/PROJ MANAGER
Under this heading explain your background

Next is your CORE COMPETENCIES then your KEY SKILLS followed by your KEY ACHIEVMENTS ACROSS CAREER SPAN (in this case state ur greatest achievement. F☺r example I single handedly headed a team of 15personsons that dug a borehole project or supervised a road project worth $50000 etc) , then your CAREER HISTORY (work experience) Next is EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION followed by TRAININGS and PROFESSIONAL COURSES then PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP followed by RESEARCH and INDIVIDUAL WORK (eg dissertation, thesis, project, written papers published or not) followed by your TECHNICAL SKILLS ( ms word, autocad, primavera, ms project, excel etc) and finally PERSONAL DETAILS ( date of birth, marital status, nationality, driving licence etc)

Will try and upload a sample later.

3 Likes

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by donpeluchi(m): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
Try to improve yourself by doing some professional courses, then drop your cv in companies and you will definitely get a call. The rest is in your hands!
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
As usual this is a cause for concern.
The truth remains that in Nigeria there are few Jobs for too many applicants.
the next thing is that too often we pursue Jobs rather than career, don't get me wrong,
what i am trying to say in earnest is that one must pick a career path, have something in mind that you wanna do.

Like someone said get to know all about the industry that you want to enter into.
The issue of networking should not be over looked, (Relationships rule the world) this is the time to re connect with your old school mates, build bridges you might have burnt in the past
Get involved in activities that will make you use your talents for the good of mankind.

Don't close your mouth, tell every Tom and harry you know, use both online and offline methods in submitting your CV

and after you have done all these, most importantly, sit back and keep praying for divine favour.

It is not easy but we shall overcome, for me i want more than just a Job, i want to build a career and by God's grace i will share my testimony soon.

3 Likes

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by jarkata(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
Maya2pretty: Am frustrated!!! cry I finished service one year ago, so much disappointments, attended interviews, passed, oya call 4 resumption na, no way, my dad isn't even makin matters easy 4 me.
Keep on trying one day will be one day.dont relent
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by charsobodo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
If you believe in yourself, never give up and keep trying surely there will be light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by 2sexy(m): 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2013
log1:
Gbam..
Wetin b ur gradient bro? Na positive or negative...?
na positive ooooh. wetin I wan use negative do nah. hey, u didnt remind me of that thing. na wa o. I don subscribe na at a more cheaper fee for same package.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by saxking(m): 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
finished service last year June...got employed October...however I started applying January last year and did numerous test....alhamdulila... not easy but I've learnt....spent all my time on job sites instead of bbm and I spent money on tp to lagos...there are jobs everywhere oooo....95% of nigerian jobs ain't advertised ni...I've connected three friends so far....you can't underestimate the power of networking..
as for me it is the Almighty Allah that gave me my job... I knew no Adam nor Eve and it so makes me proud....
so...keep pouring over all them sites....all....network....it will definitely come

1 Like

Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by adewasco2k(m): 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
pat077: All i want now is a bank dat will do 2 tins 4 me: Give me a loan and then leave me alone.
i could not wait to finish reading all the posts before i tell you this:

you are funny grin grin grin
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by kemiola89(f): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
Like someone rightly stated "we are the cause of our own problem" yes we are! Have you ever thought of venturing into other businesses than applying for an office job (corporate jobs). Lets take for instance network marketting! Networking marketting has also become a professional career but people are just too blind to see that, unlike the corporate world- with it downsizing and rat-eat-rat competition, network marketting offers you the opportunity to nurture and empower the inherent talents in all those chances to develop financially, intellectually, spiritually and emotionally while you contribute in a positive ways to others. Hope people would wake up, snap out of this corporate comas and have a rethink cause government cant provide for their golden years. In the midst of most severe economic downturn, dream again, rediscover the dreams, you have dreamt as a child, you would realize that you dont have to give them up just because you live in grown-up world now, the better you stop thinking about a 'dream job' and start thinking about a 'dream life' knowing that in reality the two are inseparable. Dont you discover that going through the motion of monotonous job, simply because it requires 40hrs a week is not going to bring happiness, drodgery of work with no meaning doesnt open the doorway to satisfaction in the free time you have left. Noff said already! Network marketting pays (me) big time. If you wanna know more about network marketting or you interested in making cool money, email me on kemiola89@yahoo.com
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Maya2pretty(f): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
jarkatá: Keep on trying one day will be one day.dont relent
Am still tryin so hard, I have dreams that will never die, I believe God, he'l bless my TIRELESS efforts wit success
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Maya2pretty(f): 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
adewasco2k:
i could not wait to finish reading all the posts before i tell you this:

you are funny grin grin grin
lol
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by Owoniho(m): 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
I believe it's high time every applicant started discovering his or her individual gift. The earlier we start discovering how we can be useful, nt only 2 ourselves, bt also 2 d development of our dear country, the faster we get out of d shackles of d stigmatization of joblessness facing almost all our youth. The big questn is..'what can u do 4 ur country?', and nt 'what am i expecting 4rm d Federal Government of my country?'. If this can be the thought of every applicant, we will all be employers of labour. U ask 'how?'...u said it's easier said than done...but i have d way out...want 2 know it?... Everybody is born with at least a gift or talent. It's nt just there as a useless part of u. It's meant 2 be a source of income for u. I've discovered mine and d returns are beyond my expectation. Put urself on sale. Let people pay you 4 what you enjoy doing... It's d best advice i can give 2 anyone.
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by remzytimer: 10:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
Seriously' it has been God, if not for him who knows what might have happened, he has always been my source, my confidence and my comforter...it has been so tough, discouraging and challenging but i know for sure dt with God all things are possible and it shall soon come to pass...:-D
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by myners007: 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
I JST GOT A BANKING JOB AFTER SIX YRS OF NYSC.I THANK GOD COS THOSE YRS WERE LIKE HELL BT NW IM GLAD. WHEN THERE IS LIFE THERE IS HOPE
Re: Still A Jobseeker? How Have You Been Coping? by didicold(f): 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
After nysc discharge last october, the girls are not smiling o, i thank God, i have a supportive family, i have learned to limit my expenditure to even less than my student days, to top it all my laptop(bought with service money) crashed dis january after a dunking with water.
I still thank God, @least d phone has not pai, replies for applications sent out have been few nd far between,but i get hope sha.
All in all sha ,its a learnin experience,Insha Allah, things will change for d better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Deal With Resume Immediately Vs 1 Month Notice / The Lanky Genius Without A Job By Mobolaji Atolagbe / ICS LTD Aptitude Test And Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.