Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:10 PM

How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... (27053 Views)

Yellow Sperm Vs White Sperm / How To Prevent Lassa Fever In Picture / How To Prevent Underarm Odor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by rodeo0070(m): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
Unsightly yellow armpit stains can destroy a white shirt quickly, and that expensive shirt may be relegated to the rag bag. Understanding the cause of the stains is the first step to prevention. Yellow underarm stains on clothing are caused by sweat compounded by the use of antiperspirants.
Step 1
Wash your underarms with an antibacterial soap twice every day. According to "Fitness" magazine, sweat contains bacteria that can exacerbate underarm stains. Although all sweat contains bacteria, the problem will be more pronounced for some people, and antibacterial soap can help.

Step 2
Use antiperspirant sparingly. Apply an even, thin later to your underarms and allow the antiperspirant to dry completely before getting dressed. According to the website SweatSolutions, antiperspirant works by plugging the sweat ducts just below the surface of the skin. A heavy application of deodorant is no more effective than a thin layer, the site notes.
Step 3
Try deodorant instead of antiperspirant. Antiperspirants contain aluminum and other ingredients that stick to the fabric and as a result, sebum and oil are trapped in the fibers, according to the "Chicago Tribune." As the fabric dries, a yellow stain is left behind. The ingredients in deodorant, such as hydrogenated castor oil and stearyl alcohol, are more water-soluble. Test different brands of antiperspirant or deodorant, as different brands have slightly different formulations and one may work better for you.
Step 4
See a dermatologist if the problem persists, advises "Fitness" magazine. A dermatologist may prescribe a topical antibiotic or a stronger deodorant available only by prescription.
Step 5
Rinse an affected white shirt with cold water immediately after wearing, suggests SweatSolutions. Hot or warm water can set the stain, making the situation worse. After rinsing with cold water, launder the garment as usual, using the warmest water suggested on the tag.

SOURCE: http://www.livestrong.com/article/175119-how-to-prevent-yellow-underarm-stains/

11 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by obi4eze(m): 8:16pm On Feb 02, 2013
Thanks OP. Good job. This is the kind of information that should make front page.

5 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by albatross777(f): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
Apply baking soda solution with detergent to the soiled surface for @ least 30mins,b/4 washing.

7 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Lilnikee(m): 8:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
Noted
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by mrman2(m): 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
And shave your armpit.

21 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Drdaps(m): 8:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
albatross777: Apply baking soda solution with concentrated detergent to the soiled surface for @ least 30mins b/4 washing.
why not Conc. H2So4 instead of conc detergent and see the wonder.

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
It wont work..........
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by noskeybaba: 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
mr_man: And shave your armpit.

grin grin some people get dada for there grin grin

20 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by BlackPeni5: 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
The best way to prevent underarm stains is to avoid wearing clothing in the first place.

Adam and Eve things...

11 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Akshow: 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mtcheeew! Will this make super eagles win tomoro?
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
Just wear a black shirt! better solution!

4 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by KINGwax(m): 9:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
^^
a brown will kukuma blend in wella

3 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by NovusHomo(m): 9:10pm On Feb 02, 2013

Say that again.

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Anubiri(m): 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
Or Alomo bitter
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Siga: 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
Burn ur armpit hair with friendly fire... grin
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Debroslink: 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
noskeybaba:

grin grin some people get dada for there grin grin

LWTMB grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by bonysmile: 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
Poster should have researched personally on how to avoid those yellow under-arm stains on shirts. The worst culprit here is unshaved armpits. Whether deodorants or anti-perspirants, you'll still have those stains if you don't shave your armpits. Posters who do 'copy n paste' might as well cross-check facts by doing little research. Peace. Out.

6 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by paul234(m): 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Last to comment
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by pboiskinpy(m): 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
Wash wetin atleast twice every wetin...u for say make I de wash am everywhere I see water...

#dancing gangnam style n waiting 4 9ja 2moro

3 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Obiora4life: 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2013

Most guys I've met seem to believe that it's a feminine thing. I shave very often because Summer and Heat is like oil and water, we do not mix at all. I followed pretty much all of these and I've seen better results.
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by vanstanzy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
People, listen carefully and take notes. wink wink wink
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by pmonni(m): 9:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
cheesy grin LOLzzzz....u ppl will not kill person here one day, i always like reading comments, honestly there ar some guys here that always crack my rib wit funny comment..... Lwkm....

4 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Tolexander: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
i always put on a T-shirt underwear. The underwear will be stained instead of my outer wear. Also shave often.
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Artistree: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
pboiskinpy: Wash wetin atleast twice every wetin...u for say make I de wash am everywhere I see water...

#dancing gangnam style n waiting 4 9ja 2moro
I am practically ROTFLOL! U're impossible, choi!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by vanstanzy(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
I could make a comment here that would make "pyguru" ban me. wink wink wink But if S/he does that, i'll go for his or her jugular. angry angry angry
Pyguru, don't dare me ok
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by pboiskinpy(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
Artistree:
I am practically ROTFLOL! U're impossible, choi!!!
...but like seriously,how dis guy go say make person de wash en cloth twice everyday...assuming say I de skul,after the first two lectures I go go wash am n spread outside,then wen I reach home,I wash again nilolzzzz

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Starlett: 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
If I may add, for those who wear corporate shirts to work, this problem can be mitigated simply by wearing good quality cotton Tee shirts as your undergarment rather than singlets.

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Tonytonic(m): 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
nice one nice one. nice one.

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Petraman(m): 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
nice one. I'll preferred to used body spray
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Mishydoo(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
Get a new one jor!Pepo wey dey sell white shirt no go chop? grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]

4 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Coldfaya(m): 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
Starlett: If I may add, for those who wear corporate shirts to work, this problem can be mitigated simply by wearing good quality cotton Tee shirts as your undergarment rather than singlets.

Gbam gbam.
Also y where it for so long when u nitice d yellow stains. Throwey am nau grin
Re: How To Prevent Yellow Underarm Stains... by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
After my comment here, people will still have yellow armpit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment / Saidu Ahmed Is Dead! NEMA North East Coordinator Dies In Borno / 575 New COVID-19 Cases, 163 Discharged And 9 Deaths On July 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.