Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU (8341 Views)

My Husband Did Not Support My Re-election – Senator Tinubu / My Husband Did Not Support My Re-election – Senator Tinubu / Senator Tinubu Renders Account In Lagos Central (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by onatisi(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2013
dammytosh:

Kudos for what exactly ? For presenting Federal Government Cheque ?

You are a victim of cheap propaganda. Read about tetfund here and stop celebrating mediocrity http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/
if u allow acn vultures to catch you you wont enjoy ur sunday,they are well known here on nairaland
they will soon come online now with their own analysis nd projections better leave them to be celebrating and rejoicing in their stupidity and mediocrity oooo.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 11:13am On Feb 03, 2013
onatisi:
if u allow acn vultures to catch you you wont enjoy ur sunday,they are well known here on nairaland
they will soon come online now with their own analysis nd projections better leave them to be celebrating and rejoicing in their stupidity and mediocrity oooo.

ACN Vultures ? I kill them in numbers with facts.

Most of them are not ACN members. They are just victim of headlines and propaganda borne out of their mental laziness and inability to think.

When i come across them I pity them because it is not easy not to be a victim of brainwash from ACN's well calculated media empire.

When you read from The Nations Newspaper and Osun Defender site etc. You should do your personal research. They are all propaganda machines used effectively by ACN.

Unfortunately, PDP's cluelessness is not helping matters as any small clue is celebrated when seen from the other side.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 11:20am On Feb 03, 2013
lacasa: Kudos to her.

The money is Going to education which is a critical sector that will benefit a lot of nigerians in her
State

And yet, some stupid Others r spending 4billion to build missioon house for patience jonas, 5bn for ashewos & 9bn for namadi's house & 2bn for party hall angry

PDP we hail ooo

Shut up and get your facts right.

You are a victim of cheap propaganda. Read about tetfund here and stop celebrating mediocrity http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/.

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 11:21am On Feb 03, 2013
Eko Ile: While others are pocketing constituency and committee funds...

Eko o ni baje o

Is that a constituency project ? Are you a victim of propaganda or just a tool to spread it. Shut up and get your facts right

For presenting Federal Government Cheque ? Read about tetfund here and stop celebrating your ignoance and mediocrity http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Exponental(m): 11:44am On Feb 03, 2013
108million....... Coins!
What development is dat expected 2 bring out ......negligible!!
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:

Erosion ridden akpu eater, repair your village first before you throw insult on city that is a century ahead of yours.

Someone steals your money silently but blatantly and sprays you with some of it at an owanbe gathering amidst drums and you are impressed?

Pathetic folks

Is this a quarter of what Speaker iKuforiji and his assistant stole from the same Lagos state coffers?
I don't see you mad at him
Until Nigerians stop celebrating these robbers, your lot will not change
They will come in screw you over and over again,their children will rise and continue from where their fathers stopped because they know there will be eediots to praise them and even assassinate any voice of reason around on their behalf.

What I told you now is the naked truth you can't tell yourself.
Can you handle the truth?

I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
aribisala0: The money is government money NOT her money. So I do not see why we have to endure all these propaganda.
I suppose this is supposed to pacify those querying her utility as a Senator.
Does any body have a clue about this person's ideas,beliefs or values?

Very blind bats celebrating every rubbish they read from thieves in power
Any eediot should be able to figure this one out,you would think
This is the Same LASU that took its school fees up 1000% and gals are turning tricks to pay while guys have upped their yahoorism
I laugh
Lagos state newspaper propaganda brought on nairaland
Na today

The black man is indeed stupid
Smh

Guess what will happen to that money ?
It will be shared by Lagos state officials employed by LASU

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by chachal: 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Lagos money in lagos state. 2015 agenda up and running. Eko o ni baje
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by AjCityOne: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
mrkels: SO his wife is a senator, this country self angry
Same reason why former Argentinian President wife is now the current president of Argentina. Think before you speak my friend. Same reason why Hilary Clinton became a senator from NY and US secretary of state. If she's qualified to do the job why not.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
dammytosh:

Shut up and get your facts right.

You are a victim of cheap propaganda. Read about tetfund here and stop celebrating mediocrity http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/.

It's a fed govt check?

> grin grin grin grin
These ACN lapdogs are indeed funny
They will soon celebrate the quarterly oil allocation from Abuja hehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by mikolo80: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
AT LEAST SHE DID NOT STEAL THE CHECK.SHE STILL GETS A C+.IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND THE LESS CORRUPT SENATOR IS KING

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by aribisala0(m): 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
babyosisi:

This is the Same LASU that took its school fees up 1000% and gals are turning tricks to pay while guys have upped their yahoorism
I laugh
Na today

Smh

Why are you quoting me?

I do not see that we have a lot in common. The Black man is not s tupid though I can understand why anyone listening to you might form that opinion, this has nothing to do with the Black man. There are problems everywhere.

By the way I agree with the increase in school fees at LASU,most of the students are not Lagos state indigenes. Quality education is not cheap.
http://vpf-web.harvard.edu/annualfinancial/pdfs/2010fullreport.pdf

Harvard University has more revenue than Lagos State Government !!!.
Interestingly the University has a debt of $6 billion!
Lagos state should offer bursaries to its citizens who are poor.Everyone else should pay so as to raise and maintain standards. How do you know students are turning tricks,are you in the industry

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by anonimi: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
aribisala0:

By the way I agree with the increase in school fees at LASU,most of the students are not Lagos state indigenes. Quality education is not cheap.

Where did you get your statistics from about the state of origin for the students?
Are the students RESIDENTS of Lagos state or not, whose parents have been paying taxes to ACN administration for more than one decade?
Abi nor be residency dem take dey qualify for reduced in-state tuition for US universities and colleges?

Harvard University has more revenue than Lagos State Government !!!.

And how much do lecturers and even the lowest paid employee of your Harvard university earn [size=13pt]COMPARED[/size] to the US politicians and the political jobbers such as Eko Ile?
Stop comparing apples with oranges please.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by anonimi: 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
onatisi:

Your post is very good except for the bold part above.
Please tell us why they should be left to spread LIES and DISTORTIONS to the public.
Jonathan's FGN gave the money out of the TETFUND and a supposedly Honourable Senator of the state and wife of the national leader of the "leading opposition" party claims "she gave the money out of love".
That is why some of us have identified ACN for what it is longest time ago - Association of [size=13pt]Conmen[/size] in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by aribisala0(m): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
anonimi:

Where did you get your statistics from about the state of origin for the students?
Are the students RESIDENTS of Lagos state or not, whose parents have been paying taxes to ACN administration for more than one decade?
Abi nor be residency dem take dey qualify for reduced in-state tuition for US universities and colleges?

And how much do lecturers and even the lowest paid employee of your Harvard university earn [size=13pt]COMPARED[/size] to the US politicians and the political jobbers such as Eko Ile?
Stop comparing apples with oranges please.
No one is comparing Apples with Oranges I use the Harvard example to illustrate that quality education is NOT cheap and Lagos state cannot afford to meet the demand with its meagre resources.Lagos State has the HIGHEST demand for University education based on population. The money has to come from somewhere or you limit the supply.That is realism we cannot deceive ourselves about that. The sensible way to do that is to increase the cost.Here in the UK whee I live I remember violent student riots a few years ago about this same issue. I sympathize with the students but reality must prevail. I use the Harvard example to make the point that Lagos state which has a hundred times more responsibilities than Harvard has with less moneyt.It must build roads,schools, hospitals run ministries,subsidize police and invest in infrastructure etc .Building anything in Nigeria is more expensive than America .Why Ask Dangote why cement is 3 or 4 times what it is in America compare to the price in Nigeria. Building any thing like a road theatre etc that uses large amounts of cement cost a lot more in Nigeria than in America. No cement no infrastructure and we pay 3/4 times more than Americans
so Lagos has to do more with less money than Harvard ;that is the argument and I do not think that is so difficult to comprehend

Go to Jamb website or NYSC website to check admission figures. Paying Tax is what you pay for the privilege of earning a living in Lagos State. It does NOT entitle you to the same rights as the indigenes that is Nigeria for you. I don't know what you mean by residency and reduced in state tuition? Every state has the right to make its own laws. Anyhow this is how
it is all over Nigeria.Do indigenes pay the same as non indigenes in IMOSU.
We are tryin to build a quality university in Lagos and it is not cheap.Does government subsidise the training of tailors and mechanics and carpenters?? Are their parents not tax paying residents too.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by anonimi: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
aribisala0:
No one is comparing Apples with Oranges I use the Harvard example to illustrate that quality education is NOT cheap and Lagos state cannot afford to meet the demand with its meagre resources.

In case you have forgotten, LASU was built by Jakande's UPN administration over 30 years ago despite funding free education, free primary health, launched Metro Rail project (before Ayatollah Buahri cancelled it for ethnic bad belle), REALISTIC low cost & medium income housing estates among other laudable mass oriented initiatives. He did not borrow money in the bond market nor was the oil price so high for humonguous monthly allocation from the monthly Abuja almajiri begging bowl rounds.

Building anything in Nigeria is more expensive than America .

Yet salary levels (labour costs) are ridiculously much lower in Nigeria. I am sure you know why we have such distortions.

Paying Tax is what you pay for the privilege of earning a living in Lagos State. It does NOT entitle you to the same rights as the indigenes that is Nigeria for you. I don't know what you mean by residency and reduced in state tuition? Every state has the right to make its own laws. Anyhow this is how it is all over Nigeria.Do indigenes pay the same as non indigenes in IMOSU.

And it should remain that way, right?
Hence everyone can empty from Nigeria, crossing the sahara desert if necessary, to become slaves yet again in Europe and America.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by politician(m): 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
babyosisi:

I laugh
Na today

Smh

Sorry sister but i need to clarify the LASU school fee to you pls!!

When tinubu was governor 1999-2007, lagos state indigenes virtually do not pay school fees!!

The school fee was within the range of 25k and the state bursary was 25k!! It is always paid towards the end of second semester so folks used it to pay for the next session!!

The lagos mega project, BRT, expanding public service and other projects does not give room for a subsidy of LASU fee!! So the school has to fund itself via IGR + school fee while the government pays the lecturers!!

Ȋ̝̊̅ am not making a case for ACN or tinubu but we all knew what Lasu was before and what it is now!!

To say that ACN increased school fee arbitrarily without recourse is quite untrue as the stallites then paid the old fee till they graduated!!

Thank you!
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by kpolli(m): 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
Will Fashola now decrease tuition?
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by aribisala0(m): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
anonimi:

In case you have forgotten, LASU was built by Jakande's UPN administration over 30 years ago despite funding free education, primary health, launched Metro Rail project (before Ayatollah Buahri cancelled it for ethnic bad belle), REALISTIC low cost & medium income housing estates among other laudable mass oriented initiatives. He did not borrow money in the bond market nor was the oil price so high for humonguous monthly allocation from the monthly Abuja almajiri begging bowl rounds.

Yet salary levels (labour costs) are ridiculously much lower in Nigeria. I am sure you know why we have such distortions.

And it should remain that way, right?

Hence everyone can empty from Nigeria, crossing the sahara desert if necessary, to become slaves yet again in Europe and America.
LASU was built by Jakande and opened in 1984 but I fail to see what point you are making with that information.
Lagos state University has a problem of demand and supply to the extent that it started opening satellite campuses. How much does it cost to educate one person through University based on certain quality indicators like student/tutor ratio and infrastructure /consumables provision.
That is the issue. When the supply is infinite demand is likely to be infinite.Government resources are not infinite and Lagos state cannot afford to provide free university education given the current demand.
Salary costs are not the only cost variable but Nigeria University teachers are well paid compared to other Nigerians. Again introducing random facts does not amount to a coherent argument. Of what relevance is low cost housing to this thread.Why not just tell us the current price of garri in Aba.??
Honestly what is your point?
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
I love ACN apologists on Nairaland, they have carefully derailed this thread and kept quiet about the lies.

I don't think ACN should be trusted, how many lies have they told us now just to decieve us and make them acceptable.

From Obama's invitation to donations.....
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by manny4life(m): 4:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
dammytosh: I love ACN apologists on Nairaland, they have carefully derailed this thread and kept quiet about the lies.

I don't think ACN should be trusted, how many lies have they told us now just to decieve us and make them acceptable.

From Obama's invitation to donations.....

Few days later, they came out and said it wasn't true after it was disputed.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoIle1: 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
All this wahala noise by the usual illiterate villagers over Lagos again...

It's quiet clear how things work on NL, Lagos keeps progressing, we keep posting and highlighting the progress on NL and the sadists with nothing to show for their bad bele and backward villages and isi ewu leaders will show up to commit suicide...

Suxs so bad to be isi ewu villagers....lmao

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoIle1: 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
It beats me why these village illiterates are not asking what their own isi ewu leaders are doing with the kind of money this exemplary woman and leader just lobbied for to fund education in her state, the kind of money your isi ewu leaders are entitled to and have access to.

Ask yourself, are your village leaders incompetent and don't know how to lobby for funds to help your local institutions or they just pocket the money for their own use as usual?

It's quiet obvious that Remi Tinubu is the least of your sorrowful worries. You should worry more about your useless and incompetent leaders, the same leaders that gives you nothing to be proud of, nothing to show on NL but everyday hate, bad bele and tantrums over other people's progress..

smh....
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
Eko Ile: It beats me why these village illiterates are not asking what their own isi ewu leaders are doing with the kind of money this exemplary woman and leader just lobbied for to fund education in her state , the kind of money you isi ewu leaders are entitled to and have access to.

Ask yourself, are your village leaders incompetent and don't know how to lobby for funds to help your local institutions or they just pocket the money for their own use as usual?

It's quiet obvious that Remi Tinubu is the least of your sorrowful worries. You should worry more about your useless and incompetent leaders, the same leaders that gives you nothing to be proud of, nothing to show on NL but everyday hate, bad bele and tantrums over other people's progress..

smh....
keep quiet. I guess you are a paid agent. Don't you have shame ? it beats my imagination that people like you still have effontery to type.

You posted the lies, after you got caught, instead of burrying your head in shame, you are back with another version of ur Obama invitation with the phrase "SHE LOBBIED".

Please don't abuse any corrupt politician again because as you can see, you lack integrity and you are potential thief.

If your party can be so desperate to grab power by cheap propaganda and lieing shamelessly, people like you will definitely steal from the treasury when you get there.

I don't blame you cos in a nation where Clueless Jonathan is the president, people like fashola must definitely be The Hero.

Bunch of sycophants
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
manny4life:

Few days later, they came out and said it wasn't true after it was disputed.

And they hope to rule the nation some day. When they lack integrity and simple truth. That kind of lie is enough for The President to resign in a very sane environment.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Adurangba(f): 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
its not even their money. Booot lickers.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
Eko Ile: All this wahala noise by the usual illiterate villagers over Lagos again...

It's quiet clear how things work on NL, Lagos keeps progressing, we keep posting and highlighting the progress on NL and the sadists with nothing to show for their bad bele and backward villages and isi ewu leaders will show up to commit suicide...

Suxs so bad to be isi ewu villagers....lmao

[size=18pt]What a miserable way to earn a living

It must really suck to receive one's daily bread by being on a website licking butt and chanting like a robot while your thinking faculty is padlocked somewhere in a cupboard in Alausa.
Go back and claim your brain bro before rats mistake it for a bowl of amala and ewedu
Shame don catch me for you
Tufiakwa for this kain human being. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
Adura_ngba: its not even their money. Booot lickers.

My sister it is not their money.

What can you not claim when you have shameless people like Eko_Ile , Eko_Atlantic and Eko_Ocean fighting for you ignorantly on Nairaland without the interest of the masses at heart.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2013
dammytosh:

My sister it is not their money.

What can you not claim when you have shameless people like Eko_Ile , Eko_Atlantic and Eko_Ocean fighting for you ignorantly on Nairaland without the interest of the masses at heart.

They are all the same person obviously
This is the way he eats
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by manny4life(m): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
dammytosh:

And they hope to rule the nation some day. When they lack integrity and simple truth. That kind of lie is enough for The President to resign in a very sane environment.

ACN is no lesser devil than PDP, in fact, they will do worse when president. Taking Lagos as a prime example, autocratic rules everywhere, lies and what have you are just too much, they think GEJ is worse, they will loot all the treasury ahead of Nigeria's breakup.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by PointB: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
dammytosh: " Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND)."

Not from her purse. I WEEP FOR THIS COUNTRY. cry .

It is very pathetic that Nigeria is hopeless with clueless leaders and clueless future leaders. Let me set this straight, TETFUND gave the money and allowed oluremi to present the cheque as a senator representing Lagos state and a member of Senate Committee on education. My God feeling says she was not instrumental 1 bit to the disbursement of the funds.

Read about TETFUND here. She was just a member of the Senate Committee on Education and UI had benefited from the fund even without ACN senator being in the commitee.

http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/

I can understand why southwest works on pages of newspaper alone. Propaganda and cluelessness is the order of the day.

Eh yah SHE GAVE ? LOL any way, some GEJ likes on Nairaland fell for the crap.
PDP should get credit for this funds but as usual, their media group are bunch of corrupt pot belly fools who have no idea of what their job function is.

Na wa oo. You have put a very big hole on these AC.N propagandists and their shameless lies. Good job!
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by aribisala0(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
manny4life:

ACN is no lesser devil than PDP, in fact, they will do worse when president. Taking Lagos as a prime example, autocratic rules everywhere, lies and what have you are just too much, they think GEJ is worse, they will loot all the treasury ahead of Nigeria's breakup.
Nna dem done unban you ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Petition: ngige Loses Appeal Against Obiano’s Election. / Buhari, AGF Meet Over Probe Of Govt Officials / 9th NASS: Fresh Suit Seeks Reversal Of Apc’s Zoning Of Leadership Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.