Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles (653 Views)

Bauchi Governor Abubakar Donates Patrol-Vehicles To Security Operatives / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / See Photos Of The 259 Customized Patrol Vehicles Launched By Police IG In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles by TayoT: 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
In 2012, security vote in Nigeria amounted to approximately 1trillion Naira. Mathematical explanations as to how the FG arrived at this remains a secret. One thing I am certain of is that Nigerians are yet to enjoy the benefits of security.

2:22am, Feb 3rd, I received a call from my neighbor, while trying to come alive and at the same time trying to figure out why he would be calling at such hour, I sensed trouble so I picked up after his second attempt.

Asking 'bawo ni' in yoruba language, I replied fine. Once he realised I was safe, he said I should remain vigilant as he heard noises from the next house and it seems a woman was shouting "armed robbers".

My first move was to switch off all the lights in my house and fetched my phone.As I did not have the phone number of the nearest police station, or police post, I called the secretary of our resident association, and then the chairman, both were switched off. I remembered my uncle who stays about 5 Km from my house and also the chairman of his community, he quickly called the DPO closest to him and the response was shocking. "WE DO NOT HAVE PATROL VEHICLES".

He gave me this shocking response and also the number of the DPO so I can give him more information. I called and I was once again thrown off with the same response. I said fine, and will call him if I have any new information. "Please dont call me back, cant you hear me? I said we do not have any functioning patrol vehicle and we cannot come there now. I have the information already and will act on it". I went pale as I listened to this in utter dismay.

I was awake till morning, not for fear of safety, but with many thoughts running through my mind. We pay vigilantes in my estate for added security. Where were they at this time? Sleeping. What happened to the Patrol vehicle in a divisional police office that takes care of a whole local government in the federal capital territory? Where did the DPO get his security training from? What if these thieves were terrorists with fatal intent? Since these thieves sense no level of security, won't they come again and again?

In a country where top executives move around with one-four patrol vehicles, and a local government doesn't have one?

Wonder where and when it will get better. But til' that time comes, I AM GETTING MY SELF A GUN!
Re: DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
Buahhh! ah! ah! ah! Get yourself a gun? Op, you are funny.
But seriously, the way Nigerian Police act atimes is appaling...
Re: DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles by mikolo80: 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
AH GUNS THE FASTEST WAY TO RESOLVE ANY PROBLEM.TRUE STORY
Re: DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles by nobniger: 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
Oga de sleep I beg

Re: DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles by OmoTier1(m): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
@OP,
you better get yourself a pump action gun and make sure you release it every now and then. Once those thieves know that people around have automatic and deadly weapons, they will maintain themselves and stay clear!
Re: DPO Told Me They Have No Patrol Vehicles by CyberG: 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
And YOU people will still VOTE for a cluelessly inept and stupid government, or is it NOT you people saying you want your retardeen back by 2015? Maybe by that time and given the kind of rot going on in the Police College, a phone call like yours will be immediately routed to thieves so they can know where exactly to find you, just because of the deep retardeenic-jonadaftic corruption eating Nigeria now.

As an asides, while you complain about no patrol vehicle, yesterday I was coming home from taking a walk and at the McDonalds close to my house, I see 5-6 (about 10-12 cops in all) police interceptors (those are police cars, engines are usually souped-up). A couple had their beacons on...and I was wondering what is the crime in here that they need so many cops and resources! As a joked, I thought this must be a waste of my tax dollars seeing as there are not enough criminals that all these cops are here to catch only on criminal? Some weeks back, a similar incident happened in which 2-3 police cars suddenly arrived because a man had spent a fake $100 dollar bill. In all, while we who are crying for a change so the lives of Nigerians can be better, safer and easier, the lapdogs and sellouts among you are working on how the same scorpions that buffet you with stings return until you are completely dead! Na una sabi oo

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Lauds Oshiomhole On Edo Devt / Mark, Aliyu Clash Over 2015 / 20 Boko Haram Militants Killed In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.