Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,917 members, 7,952,679 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare (1004 Views)

Ikpeazu Worships In Lagos With The Oba (Pictures) / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) / Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by truth4meal(m): 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
by Isi Esene

Pastor Tunbe Bakare has reacted to statements describing former FCT Minister, Nasir el-Rufai as a religious bigot saying this is not so.

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) had warned the former minister to be watchful of his comments as regards the Christian faith.

It accused el-Rufai of trying to whip-up sentiments around religion for a selfish agenda.

Bakare, the pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly and Convener of the Save Nigeria Group reportedly responded to these statements in his church today while preaching the sermon titled, ”The head that refuses a life-giving rebuke will be thrown down the cliff of perdition.”

According to the fiery pastor, El Rufai cannot be classified as a religious bigot by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) since the former minister has worshiped many times at his church.

The pastor went on to speak about the rot in the Nigerian justice system saying the country is “hellish to poor thieves but magnanimous to rich ones.

“The Nigerian judiciary is fast moving from being the last hope of the common man to becoming the last refugee of crooks,” he added.

Nasir el-Rufai was recently at the receiving end of attack by several public commentators including the CAN who saw his comment on a joke by one Bukola Ogunyemi on Twitter referencing Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene as being disrespectful to the Christian faith.

The former FCT minister, however, tendered an unreserved apology to those who genuinely expressed reservations over the said tweet.

“I hope those in this class will see my point of view and accept my apologies for any offense or disappointment caused,” he stated.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Dreal1247: 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
God wil help us.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by OurYansh: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
The former FCT minister, however, tendered an unreserved apology to those who genuinely expressed reservations over the said tweet.

The Issue ended when El-Rufai apologised for his comments. Genuine Christian folks have move on. Only political jobbers whose only calling in life is defending the PDP will keep bring up this worn-out issue..

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
So because he worships in your church,that proves he is not a bigot? when Sheikh Gumi comes to your church next week sunday,i hope you tell us that he has given his life to christ!
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by OurYansh: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
berem: So because he worships in your church,that proves he is not a bigot? when Sheikh Gumi comes to your church next week sunday,i hope you tell us that he has given his life to christ!

Madam Nwachukwu Nkem Judy abi na Judith, I'm appalled by this unreasonable comment from you.

A bigot would not apologise for a tweet that:

1. Wasn't directed at Christians.

2. Was not his.

You can accuse El-Rufai of many things, but religious bigotry aint one, ok?

Next time abeg try use ur brain (abi ur brain nor "orobo" like ur body?? grin)

Thank you...
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
What do u expect from a political pastor called bakare.
Politics has blinded him.
God help him.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Our Yansh:

Madam Nwachukwu Nkem Judy abi na Judith, I'm appalled by this unreasonable comment from you.

2. Was not his.

Thank you...

Clearly u are talkibg from your loose smelly yansh. So u ought to be disregarded.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by musiwa10: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
f
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by OurYansh: 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
rafhell:

Clearly u are talkibg from your loose smelly yansh. So u ought to be disregarded.

... ‎​Άnd you quoted someone speaking from her "loose smelly yansh", is that how you disregard someone??
.... SMH for U..

cheesy
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare

Never knew El Rufai is Christian!!!!

Emmm, Bro El Rufai, how come you were accusing christians of being responsible for the bombs in the North?
Why are you betraying us?

Emm Pstor Sir, you need to preach well well for this man oooooo.

i no understand his kind of Christianity.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Tolexander: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
source!
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Our Yansh:

2. Was not his.

Thank you...
after this what next ? some people get time for stupidity.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by OurYansh: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
berem: after this what next ? some people get time for stupidity.

tongue
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Odunnu: 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
truth4meal: by Isi Esene

Pastor Tunbe Bakare has reacted to statements describing former FCT Minister, Nasir el-Rufai as a religious bigot saying this is not so.

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) had warned the former minister to be watchful of his comments as regards the Christian faith.

It accused el-Rufai of trying to whip-up sentiments around religion for a selfish agenda.

Bakare, the pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly and Convener of the Save Nigeria Group reportedly responded to these statements in his church today while preaching the sermon titled, ”The head that refuses a life-giving rebuke will be thrown down the cliff of perdition.”

According to the fiery pastor, El Rufai cannot be classified as a religious bigot by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) since the former minister has worshiped many times at his church.

The pastor went on to speak about the rot in the Nigerian justice system saying the country is “hellish to poor thieves but magnanimous to rich ones.

“The Nigerian judiciary is fast moving from being the last hope of the common man to becoming the last refugee of crooks,” he added.

Nasir el-Rufai was recently at the receiving end of attack by several public commentators including the CAN who saw his comment on a joke by one Bukola Ogunyemi on Twitter referencing Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene as being disrespectful to the Christian faith.

“I hope those in this class will see my point of view and accept my apologies for any offense or disappointment caused,” he stated.

Tunde Bakare! He that thinketh he standeth. . .
I gave up on him the moment he joined forces with the blood sucking islamic fundamentalist crying general.
As for Elrufai, that one I don't even consider him a human.
Rawwwbiiish
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Wadeoye(m): 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
Our Yansh:

2. Was not his.

Thank you...

My brother, the religious bigots and defenders of evil are those guys in CAN who have lost their senses after collecting private jet and continous cash egubje from presidency. They and their senseless followers are the bigot who decided to twist innocent stweet for political gains.

Why did El-Rufai apologise? Whoever doesnt understand the meaning of the tweet should go and retake secondary school in my village.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by Wadeoye(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
Our Yansh:

2. Was not his.

Thank you...

My brother, the religious bigots and defenders of evil are those guys in CAN who have lost their senses after collecting private jet and continous cash egubje from presidency. They and their senseless followers are the bigot who decided to twist innocent stweet for political gains.

Why did El-Rufai apologise? Whoever doesnt understand the meaning of the tweet should go and retake secondary school in my village.
Re: El-rufai Cannot Be A Religious Bigot,he Worships In My Church – Tunde Bakare by PointB: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
Basically what is thee difference between the one who peddles false prophecy, and speaks hate from the pulpit, and the one who applaud terrorists, and disparages mortals and immortals?

What exactly is the difference between Bakare and El Rufia?

(1) (Reply)

GEJ 'spent $1million Of Aid Money On Featuring Beyoncé And And Jay-z' / Boko Haram Strikes Again - Nigeria Military Base Attack Kills At Least 20 / Anenih Urges Amaechi Not To Defect From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.