Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership (23898 Views)

The First Nairaland Inspired Real Estate Project / Nairaland Property Experts, I Need Your Help. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
brabus:

The location is Sagamu, Ogun State.

- 1km away from WAPCO/Lafarge Production Plant
- 4 km away Nestlé Flowergate Factory, Sagamu
- 1km away from the 6 lane (urban renewal programme) road
- 5km away from Babcock University
- 800m away from the house of Chief Cinzo of Nairaland'

The price is too good to be true but you'll never have wanted to put your money in the project if you've been to the location when I was buying in 2009.

It was a thick bush and nobody dare build beyond the point where I am cos there's a small stream behind.

Nice one, more palm wine to your Calabash . . . . tongue
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by rastaman20(m): 12:00am On Mar 21, 2013
Sagewood: I accept to be a member of the committee. I would like to recommend Rastaman and Fhemmmy to join.
i accept to be the member of the committee..
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:20am On Mar 21, 2013
rastaman20:
i accept to be the member of the committee..

Welcome my man.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2013
I have been taking things easy in this property investment partnership so we can think things through as to arrive at better decisions. Matters concerning money and involves a lot of people should be handled with tact and wisdom.

But we must keep moving, we must continue to explore all avenues to see how best we can arrive at success. Its time for us to make a move again, in the light of recent developments.

I am suggesting we split this investment partnership into two, and handle them from two regions, manned by selected professionals based in these regions.

We all know how difficult it will be for me to move in and out of Lagos for the selection of a suitable land, verification of the land, construction of a building, and selling it. My movement and lodging will cost the partnership a lot of money which should have been saved and therefore turned into profits. Same thing will happen if a committee member is to come down to Enugu for same business, we may lose some good profits.

I humbly suggest that professionals like Junapril, Brabus and other Lagos based builders will take up the mantle and provide interested investors with land and a building as they choose the locations, the land in Ogun state which Brabus showed us is an example of the power of local knowledge, I may not find such deals in Ogun in two months if I don't know the area very well.

I will then stay in Enugu and invest for those interested in this partnership in the whole east, Owerri, Awka and Onitsha inclusive. I know this area, I work and do business here and so can reach to good deals easier.

Let us consider this option even as we select committee members. We are progressing, and its better we progress slowly than speed into problems. I will be talking more about this after we have more contributions from other members.

I want us to start doing something as from next week, those who agree can start bringing in funds so we can start this business by next week. Waiting for your contributions, Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by fuzzyt(m): 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Spider880, do u have now project timelines for this project? It is important you confirm the list of the committe, delivery timelines and key milestones to be achieved for the project. You are the champion but I just think we are not moving as we should. Enough of deliberations, you already have Femmy, brabus and other brilliant Nairalanders as part of your committe; let's spring into action. We are solidly behind you and are ready to support.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by igbonla(m): 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
spyder880: I have been taking things easy in this property investment partnership so we can think things through as to arrive at better decisions. Matters concerning money and involves a lot of people should be handled with tact and wisdom.

But we must keep moving, we must continue to explore all avenues to see how best we can arrive at success. Its time for us to make a move again, in the light of recent developments.

I am suggesting we split this investment partnership into two, and handle them from two regions, manned by selected professionals based in these regions.

We all know how difficult it will be for me to move in and out of Lagos for the selection of a suitable land, verification of the land, construction of a building, and selling it. My movement and lodging will cost the partnership a lot of money which should have been saved and therefore turned into profits. Same thing will happen if a committee member is to come down to Enugu for same business, we may lose some good profits.

I humbly suggest that professionals like Junapril, Brabus and other Lagos based builders will take up the mantle and provide interested investors with land and a building as they choose the locations, the land in Ogun state which Brabus showed us is an example of the power of local knowledge, I may not find such deals in Ogun in two months if I don't know the area very well.

I will then stay in Enugu and invest for those interested in this partnership in the whole east, Owerri, Awka and Onitsha inclusive. I know this area, I work and do business here and so can reach to good deals easier.

Let us consider this option even as we select committee members. We are progressing, and its better we progress slowly than speed into problems. I will be talking more about this after we have more contributions from other members.

I want us to start doing something as from next week, those who agree can start bringing in funds so we can start this business by next week. Waiting for your contributions, Thank you all.

I think you just killed your own idea, at least what you set out to sell to would be investors. I understand the cost part but thought you had things figured out when you did the polling? Don't see how you can start next week except if you've gotten investors that have completed their due diligence and are interested only in the Eastern part where you are located.

I was following this thread with great interest, which heightened when I read that you like sticking to plans; Since this idea is still being worked out, I suggest you reduce the number of subscribers (N10M is not such a big amount) to enable easier and faster discussions/agreement so you can birth this idea.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
fuzzyt: Spider880, do u have now project timelines for this project? It is important you confirm the list of the committe, delivery timelines and key milestones to be achieved for the project. You are the champion but I just think we are not moving as we should. Enough of deliberations, you already have Femmy, brabus and other brilliant Nairalanders as part of your committe; let's spring into action. We are solidly behind you and are ready to support.

Thank you for those points, I know we have wasted so much time but anything done to make sure we dont rush into trouble is a step in the right direction. The committee should be named, there are suggested members, some have accepted their nomination. But we must note some of the people nominated have not sent any mail to the project mail address. Should we hand over to them, I think the committee must be made up of members who had sent their declaration of interest to the project mail address.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
igbonla:

I think you just killed your own idea, at least what you set out to sell to would be investors. I understand the cost part but thought you had things figured out when you did the polling? Don't see how you can start next week except if you've gotten investors that have completed their due diligence and are interested only in the Eastern part where you are located.

I was following this thread with great interest, which heightened when I read that you like sticking to plans; Since this idea is still being worked out, I suggest you reduce the number of subscribers (N10M is not such a big amount) to enable easier and faster discussions/agreement so you can birth this idea.

Welcome igbonla, the reason why we should take things slowly at the start is to give ourselves time to test every suggestion and come out with a better idea. The cost increase as a result of shuttling between cities is one of the things that came up recently, and its better it came out now than after we have collected funds from investors.

I will stick to plans, but lets make solid plans first. Yes, Lawyer talked about the reduction of the number of investors, the fewer the better but how best can we reduce the number of investors if not by the suggestion I made earlier this morning (about splitting the partnership into two)
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you for those points, I know we have wasted so much time but anything done to make sure we dont rush into trouble is a step in the right direction. The committee should be named, there are suggested members, some have accepted their nomination. But we must note some of the people nominated have not sent any mail to the project mail address. Should we hand over to them, I think the committee must be made up of members who had sent their declaration of interest to the project mail address.

[b]Chairman, when i read this coming from my own "Oga at the top" i was a little disappointed, why? there is nothing like wasting of time so far, cos people are involved and it is important to take time to gather all information from and to all people that are involved, so please take that back, cos i see what has been happening so far as information gathering and this is normal in any business . . . .

You said, we dont wanna rush into it and that is what made me to forgive your statement of "time wasting" you need to take time to make it happen, better to make it happen in a month and do it well in right direction as you have put it than to rush it . . .

But on the idea of breaking the project into 2, i am sorry that i am not in support of that . . .Someone like me that dont know Lagos well (have not been there for 9 years) and i have no idea how to get to Enugu, where do i belong, do we start 3rd one too and called it "Lost Nigerians project"?

All i am saying is, you have a dream/plan, so let us stick to that and make it happen, you can do it and YES, WE CAN . . . let us just take time to do it well, it is not about when it is done but how well we are able to do it.

You are one of those i can invest with and go to bed at night with both eyes closed, i have told my wife about the investment, she might be representing us on the deal.[/b]
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

[b]Chairman, when i read this coming from my own "Oga at the top" i was a little disappointed, why? there is nothing like wasting of time so far, cos people are involved and it is important to take time to gather all information from and to all people that are involved, so please take that back, cos i see what has been happening so far as information gathering and this is normal in any business . . . .

You said, we dont wanna rush into it and that is what made me to forgive your statement of "time wasting" you need to take time to make it happen, better to make it happen in a month and do it well in right direction as you have put it than to rush it . . .

But on the idea of breaking the project into 2, i am sorry that i am not in support of that . . .Someone like me that dont know Lagos well (have not been there for 9 years) and i have no idea how to get to Enugu, where do i belong, do we start 3rd one too and called it "Lost Nigerians project"?

All i am saying is, you have a dream/plan, so let us stick to that and make it happen, you can do it and YES, WE CAN . . . let us just take time to do it well, it is not about when it is done but how well we are able to do it.

You are one of those i can invest with and go to bed at night with both eyes closed, i have told my wife about the investment, she might be representing us on the deal.[/b]

Lol at the 'Lost Nigerian's project' cheesy
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
spyder880:

Lol at the 'Lost Nigerian's project' cheesy

It is true now, cos when i talk, people says i am lost . . . So don fall my hand oh, cos i have told my wife and pumped you up about this project and we have decided to at least try with one slot cos we still have so much other deals to do together oh
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:47am On Mar 22, 2013
There has been 2 members from the list that sent a mail to the project mail address who had accepted their nominations to be part of the committee of 5. They are;

1. Sagewood
2. Rastaman20

I will also like to serve in this committee so I am the third person. Meanwhile the other names mentioned that are part of the listed members have not come forward to accept their nominations, maybe because of time zones and their work schedule. Those awaited to either accept or decline their membership to the committee of 5 are FLORIDACAR and Prince-onx.

We are getting somewhere.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 12:55am On Mar 22, 2013
^^^ See how my own chairman just auto-decline me . . . No wahala oh, God dey! tongue
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:59am On Mar 22, 2013
I may start this whole thing by next week. I want to go out and commence arrangements for the registration of this business with the corporate affairs commission, the project bank account should also be opened. A lawyer will have to be involved every step of the way.

I will be reporting to you all about the steps taken, amount charged and other necessary information about this partnership. Please make your inputs in form of correction, suggestion or questions as we kick off this partnership. Thanks.

I sincerely hope the committee has been named and agreed upon before this next step, we need to have met before we start meeting lawyers, bankers and the CAC.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:01am On Mar 22, 2013
Fhemmmy: ^^^ See how my own chairman just auto-decline me . . . No wahala oh, God dey! tongue

Fear go allow me? grin

Oga please register na, the mention of "Fhemmmmy" alone will sell houses for us. cheesy cheesy I am expecting you mail shortly.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Sagewood: 1:10am On Mar 22, 2013
I think the committee should be constituted by this weekend, and the decision- making process will commence.
I am suggesting we stick to one project at a time. If we have to grapple with two concurrent projects
considering the attendant issues raised so far, the burden may be too much for a successful take-off.
The challenges of the first project can be used as guidelines for the effective planning and execution of
future projects.
We can consider the first one as a 'pilot project' and I expect a lot of stumbling on the way as we progress.
It is a learning curve and the experience may be rewarding.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 7:25am On Mar 22, 2013
rastaman20:

Supported too, i also suggest that Sir Sagewood and Sir Floridacar should be included to the clue

Let me start by saying a big thanks to you "rastaman" for such an honor bestow on me to join league of quality nairalander's. I would have love to join but unfortunate Spider880 mentioned some questionable character's today that put me away. Though I will miss not be part of this.that we all started but i rather stay far away than deal with such people he earlier suggested to handle some part of this in Lagos.
@Spider880, I will continue follow your each & every of your treads as always and you remain not only my #1 Nairalander . But with your suggestion earlier today that we should splits into two it shows clearly you are yet to discover what some of us saw in you. You are a born leader and your work show for it. Until you ready to lead what u started & we all support you . I am out for now!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by oduz: 9:42am On Mar 22, 2013
brabus: Here's another deal I just sealed up with a close friend of mine. The GPS location shows my personal project and we just acquired 5.5 hectares of land for less than N7m which we intend to develop into a residential estate.

As can be seen, the location is mainly non-developed land with palm trees, thick woods, shrubs, trees and other natural vegetation. And there's also apes and baboon.

We intend to do vegetation clearance, land excavation and mass land fill of some portion of the land and sell to raise some capitals to develop the main project.

@Spyder880, hope you're getting my drift.

Pls count me in, I can take an acre or two of this at that price, I hv confidence in the devt going on in that region, I did sponsored survey in Pakuro area about 7yrs ago & the were begging us to take a plot @ 50k the price has gone up 10times more now

But the most essential thing is Packaging

So what next?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by nairaproperties(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2013
spyder880: The time have come for me to up my game, to grow from building for individuals to building with partners. We are still going to be building lots of individual houses and flats according to the plans I have for the year, more building will still go on but this investment option is what I want us to explore.

I am always thinking business, dreaming up many ways of playing the property market and most importantly, making good profits. I have been exploring different property options, blocks of flats, bungalows, duplexes, face-me I face-you, twin structures in a single compound etc. This is the result of some of my research presented in the link below.

www.nairaland.com/720053/business-profitability-rental-properties

You can list your available properties for free here: NairaProperties.Com. Soon to be actively promoted on Facebook.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by brabus(m): 10:40am On Mar 22, 2013
oduz:

Pls count me in, I can take an acre or two of this at that price, I hv confidence in the devt going on in that region, I did sponsored survey in Pakuro area about 7yrs ago & the were begging us to take a plot @ 50k the price has gone up 10times more now

But the most essential thing is Packaging

So what next?

Sure, we've got a very good package but at the moment we're still working on the basic infrastructure.

We don't want to promise what we can't deliver or wait for subscribers fund to do the basics. At the moment, we already have a motorable access road and electricity up to the main entrance of the proposed development.

We intend to do more. Of course, it's going to take some time before we start selling. I'll make this public in due time.

However, there are so many other beautiful offers around that area that you are free to explore. Take note of the Ode refinery, it's just about 5 - 7km from the area.

Pic 1: Earth road and Electricity Poles already installed
Pic 2: Six lane express road construction ongoing by PW

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by oduz: 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
Noted
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Mar 23, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

Let me start by saying a big thanks to you "rastaman" for such an honor bestow on me to join league of quality nairalander's. I would have love to join but unfortunate Spider880 mentioned some questionable character's today that put me away. Though I will miss not be part of this.that we all started but i rather stay far away than deal with such people he earlier suggested to handle some part of this in Lagos.
@Spider880, I will continue follow your each & every of your treads as always and you remain not only my #1 Nairalander . But with your suggestion earlier today that we should splits into two it shows clearly you are yet to discover what some of us saw in you. You are a born leader and your work show for it. Until you ready to lead what u started & we all support you . I am out for now!

Really don't know how best to respond to this, but we must find a way to continue. Thanks for the kind words and counting on you continued support.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 7:07am On Mar 23, 2013
Sagewood: I think the committee should be constituted by this weekend, and the decision- making process will commence.
I am suggesting we stick to one project at a time. If we have to grapple with two concurrent projects
considering the attendant issues raised so far, the burden may be too much for a successful take-off.
The challenges of the first project can be used as guidelines for the effective planning and execution of
future projects.
We can consider the first one as a 'pilot project' and I expect a lot of stumbling on the way as we progress.
It is a learning curve and the experience may be rewarding.

Thank you Sir for this, let's wait to see if two more members can step up and fill the two vacant slots as we aim to meet and start doing something by next week.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by fuzzyt(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
Spyder: Am happy to serve as a committee member; pls let me know what more is required of me?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
This is where we display the list of members who have officially declared their interest to join this partnership by sending a mail to propertypartnership1@gmail.com

The names will be listed according to first to indicate interest. I have received mail from;

1. Junapril
2. Rastaman20
3. A gentleman who will love to be anonymous
4. Another member who also prefers to be anonymous
5. Humanbeans
6. Chizitara
7. Obicentlis
8. Sagewood
9. Feasy1
10. Mrs. A
11. Anonymous
12. Anonymous
13. Kingboy
14. Anonymous
15. Ocman
16. Fuzzyt
17. Jerryben12
18. Jot01
19. Oakhill77
20. Marpol
21. Anonymous
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2013
fuzzyt: Spyder: Am happy to serve as a committee member; pls let me know what more is required of me?

You are welcome, will inform you of our next move in the coming days. Thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
There has been 3 members from the list that sent a mail to the project mail address who had accepted their nominations to be part of the committee of 5. They are;

1. Sagewood
2. Rastaman20
3. fuzzyt

I will also like to serve in this committee so I am the fourth person. Meanwhile the other name mentioned that are part of the listed members have not come forward to accept his nomination, maybe because of time zones and their work schedule. The person awaited to accept his membership to the committee of 5 is Prince-onx.

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Schynam: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
spyder880: There has been 3 members from the list that sent a mail to the project mail address who had accepted their nominations to be part of the committee of 5. They are;

1. Sagewood
2. Rastaman20
3. fuzzyt

I will also like to serve in this committee so I am the fourth person. Meanwhile the other name mentioned that are part of the listed members have not come forward to accept his nomination, maybe because of time zones and their work schedule. The person awaited to accept his membership to the committee of 5 is Prince-onx.

What is this committee constituted for?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by LondonCool(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
spyder880:

Beautiful, simply great. As you suggested we now have to see what others feel before we zone the whole process.
And I elaborate as follows,
1. Western zone, Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta and Benin.
2. Eastern zone, Awka, Owerri, Enugu and Asaba
3. Southern zone, PH, Calabar, Uyo, and Yenogoa
4. Northern zone, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and Makurdi.

Who else agrees with this nice suggestion?

Good suggestion
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by LondonCool(m): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
@Spyder880,

I have silently followed your threads and this one in particular and would like to make a number of suggestions. Ted Iwere ( founding Editor of African Guardian ) when he got sacked used to say that the guys with the brains/ideas are not usually the guys with the money. It takes an Entrepreneur to bring the 2 elements together. Having read the whole thread as a property investor I can safely say that you have a funding( capital) problem that is trying to be addressed through the collaboration of various investment partners on this site. Raising N10m by allocating 20 slots of N500,000 may seem simple for people to understand but what happens when Project A is completed, sold and profits shared/ retained? When you want to proceed to Project B will you be seeking to raise another N10m by allocating 20 slots? If that is the case, having one big consortium of Nairalander shareholders pooling resources may be antithetical to your long term business strategy because the financial returns will end up being diluted by so many shareholders with high expectations who will be pulling you from every direction. You mentioned about the need to travel around, this expenses will be absorbed by the 'Firm' and charged to its Profit and Loss a/c. You will be opening yourself up to financial probity and scrutiny. If I decide to invest N15m seed capital as a Capital Venturist into your building firm will you still need a consortium of Nairalanders to fund your business ideas/plan? This is not Social Entrepreneurship it is Business. You need control over your business, your business idea, your expenses, location of Projects, etc.

My advice to you is to treat each building project as a Project that requires a Joint Venture (JV) partnership. When Project A has been completed, the partnership ends and then you move on to another Joint Venture partnership (i.e Project B), and it doesn't have to be with the same set of people who partnered with you in Project A. I may have a business deal in Calabar, crunch the figures to show you where the money is, and then send out invites for the Joint Venture partnership to raise funds for that particular deal. Once the property is built and sold we exit the JV, share the profit and move on.

I belong to a number of Property Investment Clubs here in London and JV partnerships is the way forward and are commonly done every week through our members. You have the skills, you have the USP, you have the goodwill factor and you need to be in control of your business asset. I'd suggest that you remodel your business plan and invite JV partners from Nairaland on a Project by Project basis. The moment you have achieved the total of number of subscribers required for each Project you can keep the over subscribing investors on your waiting list for your next Project. Hence, it would be a case of Spyder Ltd having JV agreements with other firms owned by Nairalanders buying land, building houses and selling them instead of a Consortium of Nairalanders being stakeholders in one Property Investment Partnership where Spyder is the Project Manager.

Either way, show me the money and count me in!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tips To Reduce Building Costs / How Much Does Face Me I Face U Cost In Your Area / How To Become A Professional Builder In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.