Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership (23908 Views)

The First Nairaland Inspired Real Estate Project / Nairaland Property Experts, I Need Your Help. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
Like I told us in the last page, I have been in talks with an architect to produce for us the exterior views of a 4 bedroom bungalow. This plan will be among the things we shall consider, I happen to know that this style provides for most of the features which single families will need, like;

4 bedrooms, all en suit
1 sizable living room
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store

The finish will be of high quality as to attract good patronage.

3 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
prince_onx: @BayoAA:
You made some good point but the reason/idea behind Zoning is to allow/give people more options/choices. Personally I don't really have problem with anywhere except some security conscious states. .....

Thanks for your write up. Kindly get me right per the zoning thing. I also personally have no problem investing collectively in any region of the country so far the security situation permits and the business bouyancy is available. I myself also have the privilegde to live and work in some parts of Nigeria after 7 years sojourn in Europe. So as you I have friends across the nation. My point here is that Investing under one umbrella is key. If this group is SPYDER LIMITED (for example) we all invest in Spyder Limited while investment decision on what and where to invest will be a different issue taken care by the shareholders (Management) through the forum, brainstorming, research, analysis and probably voting. Imagine, for example, you investing under the zoning thing in Akwa while every other person invest in Lagos, What happens to you and your investment?

My suggestion is that we invest in a central purse (SPYDER LIMITED) and before hand, thru brainstoring, research and analysis collectively choose our top 3 or 4 proposed investement locations in order of priority. This, before hand, will tell prospective investor our area of operation (at least for now). I will not be happy if I invest in PH and later found out that I am the only one interested in PH. Meaning I either quit or forced to go against my will by joining maybe the Lagos investors.

About "Rising"and "falling": It is still about investing in a central purse. Collectively invest in all zones where our "SPYDER LIMITED"is engaged. If the investment is going good let it be for every stakeholder and not that business in not moving in Lagos zone so the Lagos investors must bear it. No!! let us all bear it. And if business is flourishing in Enugu, let us all share the cake and We can only achieve this if we invest under one central umbrella.
Please get me right I am not anticipating any doom for this laudable proposal but just trying to say LET US GROW TOGETHER. NOT ZONAL GROWTH BUT COLLECTIVE GROWTH.
Let us take example from global conglomerates like SHELL, GE, BP, CITI, HSBC. Investment are not made under individual sub-businessesr Shell Power etc but SHELL global umbrella. You are in the US, I believe you know General Electric and probably their modus operandis. With GE's diverse interest people (including myself) invest not in GE Energy or GE Capital or GE Healthcare but invest in the unbrella company GE.

Sorry for the too long "essay" smiley, I am just trying to drive in my points... Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
@Spider880, what about we look into this from another angle... Say like we build for people inform of co-perative things.
Say for example..BayoAA, is planing to build a house about 10M we go in agreement with him that HE provide the land with 5million Naira deposit,
We build and he pay us rest of money say in about 6 months or whatever we agree on. In that case we may not need to look for buyer & we can deal with many people at a time.
.....should this not clear enough expect more clarification when I get to my next stop ...

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @Spider880, what about we look into this from another angle... Say like we build for people inform of co-perative things.
Say for example..BayoAA, is planing to build a house about 10M we go in agreement with him that HE provide the land with 5million Naira deposit,
We build and he pay us rest of money say in about 6 months or whatever we agree on. In that case we may not need to look for buyer & we can deal with many people at a time.
.....should this not clear enough expect more clarification when I get to my next stop ...

This is good, its another angle to it, of which we will itemize and deliberate on as from this weekend. Thanks for remembering that option.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
@FLORIDACAR
Nice option. Market penetration strategy. Kudos!!!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Junapril(m): 12:14am On Feb 09, 2013
spyder880:

You delıvered as promısed. I am studyıng the document, thanks.
@spyder 880 and kopell , i totally agree that 4 nos of 3 bedroom flats would be the best in an area where the land is so expensive like Lekki epe axis and also considering the cost of raft foundation. Flats are usually bought separately except there is a particular company looking at buying for so many of their staffs. This type of investment would definitely cost much more than 10million as land in good location on this axis with a title would cost between 10 and 15million naira but i believe if we start, there won't be going back. i will forward the details we might be needing to get good location that would enhance the quickness of sales.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Chidoxyl(m): 12:58am On Feb 09, 2013
Wdn't exploring this be a great idea?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by princeonx: 10:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
BayoAA:

Thanks for your write up. Kindly get me right per the zoning thing. I also personally have no problem investing collectively in any region of the country so far the security situation permits and the business bouyancy is available. I myself also have the privilegde to live and work in some parts of Nigeria after 7 years sojourn in Europe. So as you I have friends across the nation. My point here is that Investing under one umbrella is key. If this group is SPYDER LIMITED (for example) we all invest in Spyder Limited while investment decision on what and where to invest will be a different issue taken care by the shareholders (Management) through the forum, brainstorming, research, analysis and probably voting. Imagine, for example, you investing under the zoning thing in Akwa while every other person invest in Lagos, What happens to you and your investment?

My suggestion is that we invest in a central purse (SPYDER LIMITED) and before hand, thru brainstoring, research and analysis collectively choose our top 3 or 4 proposed investement locations in order of priority. This, before hand, will tell prospective investor our area of operation (at least for now). I will not be happy if I invest in PH and later found out that I am the only one interested in PH. Meaning I either quit or forced to go against my will by joining maybe the Lagos investors.

About "Rising"and "falling": It is still about investing in a central purse. Collectively invest in all zones where our "SPYDER LIMITED"is engaged. If the investment is going good let it be for every stakeholder and not that business in not moving in Lagos zone so the Lagos investors must bear it. No!! let us all bear it. And if business is flourishing in Enugu, let us all share the cake and We can only achieve this if we invest under one central umbrella.
Please get me right I am not anticipating any doom for this laudable proposal but just trying to say LET US GROW TOGETHER. NOT ZONAL GROWTH BUT COLLECTIVE GROWTH.
Let us take example from global conglomerates like SHELL, GE, BP, CITI, HSBC. Investment are not made under individual sub-businessesr Shell Power etc but SHELL global umbrella. You are in the US, I believe you know General Electric and probably their modus operandis. With GE's diverse interest people (including myself) invest not in GE Energy or GE Capital or GE Healthcare but invest in the unbrella company GE.

Sorry for the too long "essay" smiley, I am just trying to drive in my points... Good luck!!!
You post might be or seem too long but you made a lot of point so don't be sorry.
First of all using Lagos against Awka is a bad example at least for someone like me or an investor that share my idea. I can invest in any of them! I was/am basically speaking about investors/folks that had not had the opportunity to see/visit the other side/part of Nigeria. Secondly, your PH example kind of points to what I was saying and why will you be forced to invest where you don't want or city/state you don't like? Voting can do exactly that if majority carries it and guess what those the vote didn't favor will do? They will back out! Because majority/most investors voted Enugu, Awka, or Lagos. Now compare that to Zoning! You the investor has 100% right, choice, option, and decision to buy into or invest in Lagos, PH, Ibadan, Enugu etc (depend on choices of city). Also, bear in mind that this is a fresh idea at least on NL among completely new investors in this particular project/idea and it has NEVER been tested/explored among us. I also read post/ideas and usuggestions of 4 flats of 3 bedrooms each both in Lagos and ABJ! The only thing wrong with that is "can we afford it?" How many investors are willing and ready to gamble/invest lets say N2m/N3m each for Lagos or N10m each bearing in mind and knowing the cost of a plot in Abuja?
In a knot shell, you and I seem comfortable enough to invest in any part of Nigeria except the no go areas but how many other investors are willing to do that? For instance, If we break/divide Nigeria by N.E.S.W, every single one of those region has a major city/state. A Lagos or Ibadan born/raises investors might prefer Lagos. Zoning will let him buy/bid into Lagos lot voting won't. Enugu born/raised or based investor might prefer Enugu, Awka, or Owerri! Again they have 100% free option on their own to invest!
There are different levels of risk an investor or business man can decide to take! Some go into fast selling but low profit business while others go into high profit business and had/have no problem waiting for months or even years to get their return and profit. GE is also a good example too thanks for using that! I live in the same city where they have their head office. GE is like a chain of investment in one. If I have a share or investment in GE, my profit/interest increase/grow when they provide Energy, generator, healthcare, capital, etc. Investing in them will be because I know their money comes/grown from different angles/businesses in their chain. I probably won't invest with/in them if they sell only generators for example in the US because no one really need/uses gen daily but because they are diversify, I can earn an interest of $0.03 cents per every $1000 a month on generator sales and $0.32 cents on other stuff like Energy, healthcare, and capital investments.
What we have here is different. With time and IF we grow, investors might not have problem investing anywhere especially after our ideas go through trial and pass! without that we can name Abuja, Lekki, V.I all we want it will just be stories!
Let me even ask, how many guys/investors here are willing to invest/drop N3m even if we get free land from government? Abi we go build bungalow for maitama, Lekki, and all this places guys are naming?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by princeonx: 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2013
^^
Wow!!! This thread dey make me talk too much oh! Just hope am not wasting my time cux I get paid for this (business/investment) here! Lol!!!

And the above concluding sentence includes me! Hell NO! I no go gamble with N3m at least at this stage!

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
@ Bayo, Prince, the write up may be long but the points are clear. I am noting the points and we shall start to summarize all the points to be deliberated upon by this weekend. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by princeonx: 11:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
Chidoxyl: Wdn't exploring this be a great idea?
How? Please explain more or give some idea/detail.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
I will see if I can summarize all the point we have made here this night.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 1:09am On Feb 12, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, since the very first day I made this suggestion, there have been many good inputs from well meaning friends and intending investors as to how we can get this idea off the ground and more importantly, make a success out of the idea. Let me state it again very clearly, the objective of this whole business partnership is for the sole aim of making profits and getting a strong foothold on the Nigerian property market with a view to expand and multiply our resources to benefit us and our children at the end of the day.
Since the amount we expect to raise in the first venture is N10m, we must keep all our plans low as to deliver the project 100% and be ready to sell the property. By saying this, I mean that we must make sure every expense on this project must fall in within this N10m. To build a tasteful bungalow of the type I have at the top of this page, we shall need about N6m in the average, (stone coated roofing tiles, frontal tiles, interior finish) this leaves us with just about N4m to buy land, register the land, fence the land and also pay other associated costs like
Youth development levies
Local council development permits
Land registration at the ministry of lands
Building plan drawing
Survey plan drawing
Fencing permit
Etc.
The big question will now be, where can we see the plot for N3m since about N1m may go into documentation and regularization of the land documents + fencing and gate for the protection of the compound? That is what we should be talking about, because that is what our cash can afford for now.

This is Spyder880, will be using this handle till the spam bot un bans me
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 3:30am On Feb 12, 2013
@ Ckenneth, Welldone! I know you to always deliver on your promises. Here are my questions for the whole house to deliberate ::
What's your expectation in terms of profit on propose #10 Million Naira ? Do we have an idea how long before investors can start making profit?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 4:59am On Feb 12, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @ Ckenneth, Welldone! I know you to always deliver on your promises. Here are my questions for the whole house to deliberate ::
What's your expectation in terms of profit on propose #10 Million Naira ? Do we have an idea how long before investors can start making profit?

Its difficult to say how the market will look like in future, but 20% per annum is possible.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by princeonx: 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
kopell: @prince_onx Small world.I land in NYC from Naija some years back, move to Columbus Ohio for three years. move back to NYC since then. Hala me early when you're around to see my schedule if we can meet. What part of city are coming to? I works at Manhattan if you're coming there
It's going be easy for me to meet you !!!
It was nice finally meeting with you yesterday! I made it back early this morning! Ttyl. Cheers!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by kopell: 12:23am On Feb 14, 2013
@Prince_onx You are welcome, now that we have meet. I hope we can take it to another level. I will call you later.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by favour01: 4:43am On Feb 14, 2013
Hello my people..pls keep posting your suggestions,,,we investors are reading....my advise will be sharper after Mr spyder880 collate all the ideas, then, we will be able to fine tune or suggest our ideas.

Please remember that many people will have a lot of ideas.At the end of the day you would all see that we need more than 10m because even personally i am investing more than that on my personal projects.

My point is that lets keep our minds open and be realistic with the real cost of construction depending on the location.Also note that most people will feel more confident in lagos because of accessbility,thats why i support the zoning idea.

Once again I salute your courage and I wish every potential investor good blessing ...I will commend more later cheers.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:16am On Feb 18, 2013
Hello once again my people. I have been touching up on many other projects in the past week or so, both the planning for the upcoming buildings and the finish of the ongoing ones, plus my own house. I also used the time to wait for new ideas and more suggestions, and or modifications to the ones we suggested earlier. I am happy to say here that there is no problems anywhere and that I am still very optimistic about the success of this venture.

I have received many mails and calls from friends and prospective investors on the best ways to go about this business partnership. This is in addition to the numerous good ideas you all have been showering on this thread, I once again thank you, I will use this opportunity to assure you that I am aware of the enormity of the task ahead, and will do everything possible to see that the good relationship I have been enjoying with you people is sustained, someone should prove that Nigerians can, and should be trusted, I feel strongly that I am that person.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:23am On Feb 18, 2013
Time is money my people, and I am trying here to see if we can start this as soon as possible. This is because we need to complete a house and possibly sell it at a 20-30% profit so we can commence another building which should be sold later this year. I will start now to collate all the ideas and place them in single posts. Please vote on the idea you like by clicking the "like" button so we can see which ideas are popular and which are not. After this, we can drop the less popular ideas and concentrate on the popular ones. We all can then round this off by adjusting our expectations and start off the land search as investors start paying.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:40am On Feb 18, 2013
In making this decision, we are assuming that a 4 bedroom well built bungalow could be built with N10m (land, materials and labout plus all other needed documentations)

1. Do you support we first build a bungalow for sale?

remember to click the "like" button if you are in support of this option.

21 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:44am On Feb 18, 2013
In making this decision, we are assuming that 5 bedroom duplex will be built with N25m

2. Do you support we first build a duplex?

Please remember to click the "like" button if you are in support of this option.

3 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:49am On Feb 18, 2013
Where are we going to hold our first meeting

3. Teleconferencing

17 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:51am On Feb 18, 2013
4. Lagos[b][/b]

15 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:52am On Feb 18, 2013
5. Enugu

9 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:53am On Feb 18, 2013
6. Abuja

4 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2013
Which city will you like to see us start this first house?

7. Lagos

13 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:57am On Feb 18, 2013
8. Enugu

15 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:58am On Feb 18, 2013
9. Port Harcourt

6 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 12:58am On Feb 18, 2013
10. Abuja

3 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2013
11. If the stated N10m and N25m cannot afford a land/building in Lagos, Abuja or PH, we make more contributions?

Please remember to click the "like" button if you are in support of this option.

Please note that my current calculations about the total cost were arrived at from my findings in Enugu, I expect the costs to be higher in other states because of factors which we already know.

8 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by ckenneths(m): 1:08am On Feb 18, 2013
12. We are going to set up a mail address and have interested partners send their mail address there so we can communicate them with copies of the agreement when it is made.

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tips To Reduce Building Costs / How Much Does Face Me I Face U Cost In Your Area / Fire Outbreak At Police Barracks V.i,lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.