Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership (23897 Views)

The First Nairaland Inspired Real Estate Project / Nairaland Property Experts, I Need Your Help. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by memebreak(m): 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
@spyder880 i just sent an email to you i hope you respond back soon. Thank you and Good night.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Sagewood: 3:34am On Mar 15, 2013
@ all,
I have been extremely busy for the last couple of weeks.
Interesting discussions so far. I believe a new thread can be started
for the other ideas. There are surely abundant ideas flying around and maybe helpful with different
business models.
Can we get back to the original plan, refine it, and avoid derailment?

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by rastaman20(m): 7:27am On Mar 15, 2013
Sagewood: @ all,
for the other ideas. There are surely abundant ideas flying around and maybe helpful with different
business models.

[color=#006600][/color]

Well spoken..@spyder880.back to the drawing board.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 8:43am On Mar 15, 2013
Sagewood: @ all,
business models.

Thank you Sagewood, at a time I had even started to rethink the possibility of doing this online partnership and that is why it seems I have put everything on hold, at least for us to restrategize.

The main points I raised as the objective of this property investment partnership are;

1. To buy lands
2. To build houses on those lands
3. To sell the lands with the houses
4. To obey all local and state laws as it regards the starting and operation of a joint business.

I am not known to change my objectives midway into a plan. I want us to see if this will work this way or we can quietly drop the idea, say bye bye and continue in our different endeavours. Thank you my people.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by princeonx: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

@Fhemmmy, I expect a kind of an agreement with CLAUSEs in it that clearly state mode of payments & DURATION. Should owner fail to pay couple of things could happen either owner approach bank for a short loans or we approach bank on his behalf.
I kind of get what you're saying and that can easily be done here or other western world but hard to do in Nigeria. Debt no dey fear people for naija at all and by investors going to bank on their behalf is like baby sitting to me! Who has time for that? Main while he's living in the house comfortably and if worst happen and end up in police or court, the Nigeria I know will take years to settle this issue. I know guys that still owe me balance from cars for over 2 years now and they go to China like once every month or in two months to buy goods! The last one I spoke with told me he just replaced the Honda transmission so I should not even talk of money now! And this was a car that will be 3yrs he bought in April.
So my brother, personally I will NOT build a house for a client on HIS land to pay up later!

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by brabus(m): 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
Good move bro! Wishing you good success in all your endeavor.

I'm also thinking along that direction in my country home.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by mymadam(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
So brabus, where have you been nah? Anyway, welcome back. God bless Nigeria.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Sagewood: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
At this point, I believe we should set up a 5-member committee to take up all the issues
raised and determine a way forward.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:02am On Mar 18, 2013
Sagewood: At this point, I believe we should set up a 5-member committee to take up all the issues
raised and determine a way forward.

Seconded, how are we going to do this, appointment or should they volunteer?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Sagewood: 1:06am On Mar 18, 2013
I think the committee members should be appointed from those that have
indicated interest in this partnership. They can volunteer by indicating interest
or nairalanders can recommend committee members and ask them to
accept if they want to participate in the committee.
I believe, we need 4 more members, as you (Spyder) will be a member of the
committee as the originator of the idea.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 4:25am On Mar 18, 2013
spyder880:

Seconded, how are we going to do this, appointment or should they volunteer?

By d way of suggestion I recommend Femmmy & spider880 as 2 member of committee of 5 .
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by rastaman20(m): 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

By d way of suggestion I recommend Femmmy & spider880 as 2 member of committee of 5 .

Supported too, i also suggest that Sir Sagewood and Sir Floridacar should be included to the clue
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by rastaman20(m): 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
rastaman20:

Supported too, i also suggest that Sir Sagewood and Sir Floridacar should be included to the clue

And also Sir Prince_onx

Can we all agree on them?

Although i did not consult any of them ,just my point of view from there own various contributions so far on this thread, others are noted too,,(my own personal point of view)
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
I am more than honored to be recommended for this kinda stuff, and to be mentioned alongside with great mind like the rest, but having Rastaman on such committee will be of great asset as well . . . and i think this will have to be a mover now for me to sit madam down at home for us to get busy and be in on this . . . But like i have always said, Oga Spyder is someone that i would invest into his business and i will go to bed safe and sound with both eyes closed.
However, just being a business man that i am, trying to put this thru a magnifying lens, but i am sure all these will be discussed in meetings.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Trustworth(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
Loving this.
Keenly following. Nice one guys
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Sagewood: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
I accept to be a member of the committee. I would like to recommend Rastaman and Fhemmmy to join.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
We are definitely getting somewhere.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Niiade(m): 7:12am On Mar 19, 2013
Hmmmm I am so loving what I am reading here, ides, innovative ways of doing business in Nigeria. Lovely ideas here am sure someone going thru this thread would have started selling this idea off to other Nigerian.
Sir Spyder I really appreciate the fact that you re taking your time to look thru every possible loopholes in such a wonderful idea,
Sir Fhemmy, Sir Sagewood, Sir Floridacar, Sir Prince_onyx, Sir Brabus I love your comments and mostly the inputs coming thru intelligent thots.

I quite say Sir Floridacar's idea is a seller but it really needs to be fine tuned and one major factor is the owner paying up as agreed to get such back in a regular day Nigeria, the owner must sign a written agreement back by the lawyers or court or if one has some advantage over such a client to redeem cash invested in building his house. Its a great idea with a lovely client.

I would say Sir Spyder's idea has more stability to it, since the company owns the land and the investment funds are from the company cancelling the factor of unpaid balance from a client in Sir Floridacar's option.

I suggest the above Sirs mentioned to be in the board to discuss this issue, the term of agreement should be well discussed and also the share value of the company, Also in term of the action of unforeseen circumstances how safe will the investors funds be.

Thank you again nd a lovely day to ya'll
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by brabus(m): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
@Spyder880,

I love this initiative but I'd rather at this time want you to concentrate on strategies to gain acceptance while the committee work in the background.

Achieving affordable housing or new estate development can only happen through a collaborative process (just as we have it now) — engaging the neighbourhood (the landlords) and of course the investors/developers to ensure the best possible proposal is brought forward to the buyers.

I know my Nairaland people will buy into this if we can do it differently. With the support of high chiefs (Femmmy), prince's (Prince_onx, floridacar etc) and madam's on this forum, we can do it.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
brabus: @Spyder880,

I love this initiative but I'd rather at this time want you to concentrate on strategies to gain acceptance while the committee work in the background.

Achieving affordable housing or new estate development can only happen through a collaborative process (just as we have it now) — engaging the neighbourhood (the landlords) and of course the investors/developers to ensure the best possible proposal is brought forward to the buyers.

I know my Nairaland people will buy into this if we can do it differently. With the support of high chiefs (Femmmy), prince's (Prince_onx, floridacar etc) and madam's on this forum, we can do it.

My man, I understand. You know we are still going need your inputs from time to time. Thanks and counting on you as always.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by oduz: 7:35am On Mar 20, 2013
Kudos, some action at last

After all said & done, hoping there will be more done than said
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by brabus(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2013
In case Abeokuta - Ogun state is among the cities you're considering, I made a discovery in a secret hideout that can be developed into something nice.
I'm already doing a background and environmental impact assessment of the location.

On my next visit to the site (of course, I just bought 2 plots of land there), I'll try to take aerial photograph of the location, access roads, and other important features within the site and the areas.

Notable facilities within the location is the popular Oyan Dam which is less than 5km away. I'm not sure though but I can confirm. And there's a 6 lane expressway be constructed by the state govt leading to the location. There's an Islamic University (3 - 5km away).

Cost!!! It goes at a give away price of N300k per plot and I'm sure it would be cheaper if we're buying hectares.

That's not all. There's more in case you're interested.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by brabus(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2013
Here's another deal I just sealed up with a close friend of mine. The GPS location shows my personal project and we just acquired 5.5 hectares of land for less than N7m which we intend to develop into a residential estate.

As can be seen, the location is mainly non-developed land with palm trees, thick woods, shrubs, trees and other natural vegetation. And there's also apes and baboon.

We intend to do vegetation clearance, land excavation and mass land fill of some portion of the land and sell to raise some capitals to develop the main project.

@Spyder880, hope you're getting my drift.

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2013
brabus: Here's another deal I just sealed up with a close friend of mine. The GPS location shows my personal project and we just acquired 5.5 hectares of land for less than N7m which we intend to develop into a residential estate.

As can be seen, the location is mainly non-developed land with palm trees, thick woods, shrubs, trees and other natural vegetation. And there's also apes and baboon.

We intend to do vegetation clearance, land excavation and mass land fill of some portion of the land and sell to raise some capitals to develop the main project.

Simply fantastic. This is lovely!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
brabus: Here's another deal I just sealed up with a close friend of mine. The GPS location shows my personal project and we just acquired 5.5 hectares of land for less than N7m which we intend to develop into a residential estate.

Where is this location . . . nice deal on the price of the land
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Satama(m): 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thank you very much to all contributors and followers of this topic. Pls, may i know who are the committees? what is there roles? Spyder880,brabus, fhemmmy and others, thank you very much for all ur great ideas and feedback. As we embark on this project, do we have plan B, as in terms of payment, collateral, and the rest of it? Am very such most of us on dis project r not from Enugu and we wish to have a house there, what do we do to be secure concerning the house(s)?

Brabus, thank you for acquiring the hectares of land for that amount. How are the building going to be built, is it 2br, 3br,4br or self contain? I wish we get a full package of the whole projects after conclusion. Thanks
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by brabus(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Where is this location . . . nice deal on the price of the land

The location is Sagamu, Ogun State.

- 1km away from WAPCO/Lafarge Production Plant
- 4 km away Nestlé Flowergate Factory, Sagamu
- 1km away from the 6 lane (urban renewal programme) road
- 5km away from Babcock University
- 800m away from the house of Chief Cinzo of Nairaland'

The price is too good to be true but you'll never have wanted to put your money in the project if you've been to the location when I was buying in 2009.

It was a thick bush and nobody dare build beyond the point where I am cos there's a small stream behind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tips To Reduce Building Costs / How Much Does Face Me I Face U Cost In Your Area / How To Become A Professional Builder In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.