Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership (23896 Views)

The First Nairaland Inspired Real Estate Project / Nairaland Property Experts, I Need Your Help. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Ummmm . . . But i would suggest that to be a different scheme entirely, cos Spyder was known for building homes and that is why people wanna be on the investment partnership, but buying land and keeping for a while is nice too, however, will advice it to be a different program from this one entirely.
you are right! Spydman will attest to the fact that this idea will fly too. If he has a plan like this suggestion, then it is a very cool one. Even if it is under anoda scheme. For the building and selling. I just saw from my research and calculation that the ROI will take quite the time it would for a land to appreciate and yield good return. Assuming group A buys the lands and fence it. And group B buys the land near where A bought and builds the duplex or strutures for sale. Because A is building and developing the location, lands acquired by group B will appreciate as a result of the structural developments of group A. You get my point? It will be so nice if we hv this investment partnership in two groups- those wanting short investments(build and sell-say 2yrs) and those longing for longtime investment(5yrs to 10yrs)
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
Suffice me to add that the lands in enugu costs like cocaine and thus we need this second kind of investment to drive development to our investment(building) assuming we are goin to build in a virgin land(developing areas in enugu). Lands are so exorbitant here even. Spyda please respond to this comments of mine. Where do u intend to site the building assuming all works out? If u hv a location in mind, can u say the cost of a plot of land in that area?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by TexasR: 8:37am On Mar 09, 2013
Have gone through some of the posts,quite intersting and I'm interested,will however read EVERY other remaining post to see the critical success factors that will drive this transaction,cash flow projections etc,so to be able to have a firm grasp of the proposal and make my input(s).

#Subscribing
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
Texas you are. Welcome
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Satama(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
Important things to remember when making an offer for a real estate investment property.

People who are already decided to buy a house try to secure a pre-approved loan to finance their chosen property. Once they get this, they proceed with the task of house hunting. Looking for the best real estate investment property can be very challenging for most people; however, this process can be extremely fun and exciting as well. After all the searching, an offer should be made for your chosen property.The offer made by the prospective buyer marks the first step in a real estate transaction. This negotiation stage usually comprise of the buyer’s offer as to how much he is willing to purchase the property, his financing terms, and property inspection contingency.

Purchase Price

There is no standard pricing to follow when it comes to investment properties. Value of houses and real estate properties vary depending on location and other relevant factors. Offer for purchase price of the best real estate investment you’ve found should be carefully weighed and thought of. To make a good price offer, keep in mind that it has to be realistic. This means you have considered the value of other houses in the vicinity and make an offer based on the current value of nearby properties. At the same time, you need to be aware of the current market trends and local conditions affecting real estate transactions.

If there is a high demand for investment properties in the area that you’ve chosen, you need to make an offer that’s competitive; this is because a lot of other buyers are possibly bidding for the same property. If you want the property badly enough, then you need to bid wisely so you can be in the forefront of the bidding war. If, however, there is very low demand for properties in the said area, bid accordingly, leaving a lot of room for future negotiations.

Financing Terms

When you’ve found the best real estate investment property, you have to specifically indicate your serious intention to acquire the property. By mentioning to the seller that you have a pre-approved loan, you are giving yourself due advantage over other interested buyers who don’t have a pre-approved loan. If your payment for the house you want to buy is dependent on the sale of your own property, you want to clearly indicate this as well. This is just fair for the property owner especially if you will keep them waiting for a certain time until you’re able to sell your own house. If this is the case, you might want to enter into an agreement that you are willing to have a particular time frame to pursue your offer. Setting a deadline will be most fair to the owner of the property that you are eyeing.

Contingencies

Lastly, the third element of a good offer is to include a contingency clause that will allow you to finalize your offer only after you’ve gained reasonable satisfaction in inspecting the property. Third party inspection reports are basically for your protection as buyer of the property. This will avoid having to spend a fortune in repairing certain faulty parts of the house which may be discovered only after the final negotiation or, worst, after you’ve paid for the property. Inspection reports will serve as your basis to demand performance of certain conditions during the negotiation process.

While these three are the basic elements of a good real estate offer, there are still other things that you can include to acquire your best real estate investment property. Closing costs, for example can be shouldered by the seller if you wish to include this as part of your concessions. If you are among those people who don’t have a pre-approved loan, disclose to the seller that you want a financing contingency. This contingency is when your purchase is dependent upon the approval of a mortgage. You should also indicate the realistic term and rate of the mortgage.

When making your purchase offer, don’t forget to indicate a deadline when you expect to receive a response from the seller. A three-day allowance would be reasonable enough. And lastly, make sure that everything is in black and white. Put everything in writing so that both parties will honor their commitments and agreements.

Spyder880, please, take your time and do more research and i pray GOD almighty will guild you and give you more wisdom on the projects ahead.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
Satama: Important things to remember when making an offer for a real estate investment property.

People who are already decided to buy a house try to secure a pre-approved loan to finance their chosen property. Once they get this, they proceed with the task of house hunting. Looking for the best real estate investment property can be very challenging for most people; however, this process can be extremely fun and exciting as well. After all the searching, an offer should be made for your chosen property.The offer made by the prospective buyer marks the first step in a real estate transaction. This negotiation stage usually comprise of the buyer’s offer as to how much he is willing to purchase the property, his financing terms, and property inspection contingency.

Purchase Price

There is no standard pricing to follow when it comes to investment properties. Value of houses and real estate properties vary depending on location and other relevant factors. Offer for purchase price of the best real estate investment you’ve found should be carefully weighed and thought of. To make a good price offer, keep in mind that it has to be realistic. This means you have considered the value of other houses in the vicinity and make an offer based on the current value of nearby properties. At the same time, you need to be aware of the current market trends and local conditions affecting real estate transactions.

If there is a high demand for investment properties in the area that you’ve chosen, you need to make an offer that’s competitive; this is because a lot of other buyers are possibly bidding for the same property. If you want the property badly enough, then you need to bid wisely so you can be in the forefront of the bidding war. If, however, there is very low demand for properties in the said area, bid accordingly, leaving a lot of room for future negotiations.

Financing Terms

When you’ve found the best real estate investment property, you have to specifically indicate your serious intention to acquire the property. By mentioning to the seller that you have a pre-approved loan, you are giving yourself due advantage over other interested buyers who don’t have a pre-approved loan. If your payment for the house you want to buy is dependent on the sale of your own property, you want to clearly indicate this as well. This is just fair for the property owner especially if you will keep them waiting for a certain time until you’re able to sell your own house. If this is the case, you might want to enter into an agreement that you are willing to have a particular time frame to pursue your offer. Setting a deadline will be most fair to the owner of the property that you are eyeing.

Contingencies

Lastly, the third element of a good offer is to include a contingency clause that will allow you to finalize your offer only after you’ve gained reasonable satisfaction in inspecting the property. Third party inspection reports are basically for your protection as buyer of the property. This will avoid having to spend a fortune in repairing certain faulty parts of the house which may be discovered only after the final negotiation or, worst, after you’ve paid for the property. Inspection reports will serve as your basis to demand performance of certain conditions during the negotiation process.

While these three are the basic elements of a good real estate offer, there are still other things that you can include to acquire your best real estate investment property. Closing costs, for example can be shouldered by the seller if you wish to include this as part of your concessions. If you are among those people who don’t have a pre-approved loan, disclose to the seller that you want a financing contingency. This contingency is when your purchase is dependent upon the approval of a mortgage. You should also indicate the realistic term and rate of the mortgage.

When making your purchase offer, don’t forget to indicate a deadline when you expect to receive a response from the seller. A three-day allowance would be reasonable enough. And lastly, make sure that everything is in black and white. Put everything in writing so that both parties will honor their commitments and agreements.

Spyder880, please, take your time and do more research and i pray GOD almighty will guild you and give you more wisdom on the projects ahead.

Well said . . .
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
ocman: I suggest we digress into buying of lands and fencing it. This will take care of those members trying to opt out. But this should be purely for those who can wait for like 5 to 10yrs. Why do I say this? If we are able to get 20plots of land now at locations like ibeagwa nike at 600k per plot now, by 7yrs to come. We would be talking about not less than 7million per plot. A frnd of mine bought 15plots at New GRA at 200k per plot some 9yrs ago. Now he sold just 5plots at 9mill each. He is in money. Pls if we can do this for long time sake, I would prefer it. Let's think of this business in the line of getting something down for our kids and for our futuree too as fathes. It will help us a lot. The longer the time, the most relevant the assest.I dnt need quick hit a jackpot now-kinda investment that will fetch just 2mill for 10peeps to share. If we throw in 8yrs and wanna sell our investment. We will be balling. So let's do it a long time stuff and agree on it, this expunges the opt-out tendency. That is my take on this

I like this suggestion. It will work very well if well planned with duration of the waiting period clearly agreed by the investors. As develpoment move more inwards, those lands bought earlier will keep appreciating. But keeping the cash mobile has its own advantages too, you could have sold up to 100 houses in 8 years!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Satama: Important things to remember when making an offer for a real estate investment property.

Purchase Price

Financing Terms

Contingencies

Noted, copied. Thanks.

But the Nigerian real estate market is like 90% cash based. Most land and house sellers will not consider a payment plan or mortgage arrangement if they see someone with cash. In all the property transactions I have made in Nigeria, it's always been cash and carry.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by princeonx: 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

@Spider880, From above quotes it's easy to say #2million Naira Profit on every #10million Naira Investment average 9 to 10 months duration? Meaning if any investor invest #1 million Naira that person should expect about #200,000 Naira profits in 10Months .
AM I being Cynical? Absolutely not! I am more into this but I think we need those people sitting on d fence to jump in & bring more money making inputs into this. Calling on people like BayoAA, Prinx_onyx, Fhemmmy & all sharp thinking nairalander's. Spider880 did a good job bringing this up now he needs all contributions to make reality out of d dream.
@Floridacar: I believe everything or almost all that need to be said/known has been laid down by lawyer. I guess am also one of those guys on the fense at least till we know how to role this project/investment. Personally, my biggest issue/concern is not even how long the house stay before it sell but like lawyer rightly said, what happen to investors money/investment/funds if anything go wrong? That take me/us back to why I suggested involving some kind of insurance company or bond on the investment but it was never commented on or considered a major factor. I also recalled suggesting adding an extra 10% to whatever amount a lot or investment cost to cover the insurance. My example was if a lot or investment amount is N500k, investors should pay N550k bearing in mind that their primary investment is only N500k and N50 apply to some kind of insurance. I hate stories when it comes to business and I supper hate losing money too which is/why I do my homework very well and if its a deal/business I consider risky (101% of naija business is as far as am concern) I will not do except somebody (insurance/bond company) somewhere is ready to pay if any unforeseen happen. All the same, I strongly still think/believe this is doable! Maybe better off with fewer investors and higher investment.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:40am On Mar 11, 2013
prince_onx:
@Floridacar: I believe everything or almost all that need to be said/known has been laid down by lawyer. I guess am also one of those guys on the fense at least till we know how to role this project/investment. Personally, my biggest issue/concern is not even how long the house stay before it sell but like lawyer rightly said, what happen to investors money/investment/funds if anything go wrong? That take me/us back to why I suggested involving some kind of insurance company or bond on the investment but it was never commented on or considered a major factor. I also recalled suggesting adding an extra 10% to whatever amount a lot or investment cost to cover the insurance. My example was if a lot or investment amount is N500k, investors should pay N550k bearing in mind that their primary investment is only N500k and N50 apply to some kind of insurance. I hate stories when it comes to business and I supper hate losing money too which is/why I do my homework very well and if its a deal/business I consider risky (101% of naija business is as far as am concern) I will not do except somebody (insurance/bond company) somewhere is ready to pay if any unforeseen happen. All the same, I strongly still think/believe this is doable! Maybe better off with fewer investors and higher investment.

Very true, I also subscribe to the insurance idea because everything here is risky. I do not think anybody can dupe me in land matters in Enugu, but its always better to be insured against the risk than to be wiped off because of dishonest land dealers or other perils. This ideas will work, we only need to give it time to mature. But if I personally lay hands on a block sum of N10m, I will give this idea a personal fight. I am sure of only one thing, I will WIN.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 5:11am On Mar 11, 2013
prince_onx:
@prince_onx,

@Prince_onx, talking about bond /insurance take us back to my earlier suggestion page 2 on this tread. Where I talk about smart way we can invest with or at least low our risk on investment. But to my suprises spider did not include some of our early sugestion when d voting came up . It's so simple d way I suggested it back then to actually look for those that own land willing to build and go into some kind of agreement with d person . For every house that cost #10million to build provide land give us #5million deposit, we build for u then upay rest of our money back in few months or what ever time agree on. In this case bank involves should u fail to pay bank pay on your behalf then we investor walk away on hurt. Am I d only one thinking on this line?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @prince_onx,

@Prince_onx, talking about bond /insurance take us back to my earlier suggestion page 2 on this tread. Where I talk about smart way we can invest with or at least low our risk on investment. But to my suprises spider did not include some of our early sugestion when d voting came up . It's so simple d way I suggested it back then to actually look for those that own land willing to build and go into some kind of agreement with d person . For every house that cost #10million to build provide land give us #5million deposit, we build for u then upay rest of our money back in few months or what ever time agree on. In this case bank involves should u fail to pay bank pay on your behalf then we investor walk away on hurt. Am I d only one thinking on this line?

I think there is a difference between what you suggested and what Prince onx suggested yesterday. While you suggested a partnership with banks with financing options, prince is asking for a full insurance policy to hedge against the danger of loss etc.

Your suggestion was included in the voting, although not elaborately covered because I wanted to compact the options. The option is where I asked if we involve professionals, in my thinking they are not limited to lawyers, surveyors and estate planners but bankers, insurance brokers and others.

But like I mentioned earlier, I am only doing this on the interim, the real decisions are to be taken by the committee, when we set them up. But all these were before I talked to lawyer, and then he changed the complexion of the whole plans which should make us widen our scope.

In conclusion, insurance, banking options and other relevant professionals will be part of the mix. We should also look at the disadvantages of carrying too many professionals along. I think it will make decision making snail slow. Building sometimes demands speed, I could be buying another land with proceeds of a previous sale while starting another building on the remnant of the first plot if its a big plot (I have had this experience before) in the situation where we have like 6 professionals making inputs before we take one action, how fast could we go?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Satama(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nice one there spyder. We could go as far as possible if only we mean business, but let us also look at the professionals we want to involve, who are they, i mean experience, trust and what kind of advice can they offer. Do we have a work plan concerning the projects or is it push and start pattern? Remember, "too many cooks spoil the broth" or "many hands make light work".
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 3:33am On Mar 12, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @Spider880, what about we look into this from another angle... Say like we build for people inform of co-perative things.
Say for example..BayoAA, is planing to build a house about 10M we go in agreement with him that HE provide the land with 5million Naira deposit,
We build and he pay us rest of money say in about 6 months or whatever we agree on. In that case we may not need to look for buyer & we can deal with many people at a time.
.....should this not clear enough expect more clarification when I get to my next stop ...

@Spider880, I just quoted my suggestion that I posted on page 2 again. With litle suggestion here and there I think we fan start something unique and profitable . Here are some of things that my idea can eliminate, #1, we don't need to look for land to buy as our buyer provide that. #2, No point wasting time waiting for buyer #3, most likely we already figure whats profit ratio b4 we even lift a block. #4 zoning is eliminated because buyer comes from wherever they have money ready and willing to dance to our terms of agreement. #5 amount invest is so minimal and possibility we can do more than one at time.
What am saying or looking at is that so many people thinking in the line of building houses but there are always this fear of they don't have sunk of money to sink in such project, thats were we coming in. .... As any of my readers SHOUT niche marketing yet? Lol
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Mar 12, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

@Spider880, I just quoted my suggestion that I posted on page 2 again. With litle suggestion here and there I think we fan start something unique and profitable . Here are some of things that my idea can eliminate, #1, we don't need to look for land to buy as our buyer provide that. #2, No point wasting time waiting for buyer #3, most likely we already figure whats profit ratio b4 we even lift a block. #4 zoning is eliminated because buyer comes from wherever they have money ready and willing to dance to our terms of agreement. #5 amount invest is so minimal and possibility we can do more than one at time.
What am saying or looking at is that so many people thinking in the line of building houses but there are always this fear of they don't have sunk of money to sink in such project, thats were we coming in. .... As any of my readers SHOUT niche marketing yet? Lol

This is another idea altogether, quite different from what I had in mind. Does any other person think this could work?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 12, 2013
Florida's idea is awesome. In fact if given a try, I would be the first client for this partnership. But let me highlight its snag. 1. Paying up the balance could be abother form of delay when the client can't keep to his side of the bargain of paying up after completion of the building or paying monthly(which ever option). 2. If we go by this plan from florida, we need to ascertain the nature of our client's source of income. Assuming,a retired civil servant comes as a client to deposit 5million(being presumably his gratuity), how would he pay up the balance? These are grey areas we need to critically check. This idea by florida is very good. Like for me, I am into this kind of arrangement with an estate development company here in enugu. I have 12months grace to finish the balance on a monthly basis after I made an initial deposit of 3mill for a mini-bungalow on a chain-linked fenced double plot which all costs 6mil, located in a in a newly government approved/developing estate. What am saying in essence is that this idea is wonderdul but the regularity and viability of the client's source of income should be verifiable. I know what am talking about. I asked the manager how far with constructions on site. He said its only me who's lot is goin in leaps and bounds. Because my remittance has been steady and many couldn't pay in january and february. Still being a big coy they sourced funds from bank to complete the units. The beauty of their own is that the coy completes the units n fences it, not even waiting for your balances. They hv connections to managers of banks for loans. In fact the managers are even their clients. So dlorida's idea is cool but let's highlight the challenges we may face. Lemmi add that getting a land for the client should be inclusive too
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 8:24am On Mar 12, 2013
@spider880, It was over a month ago(pricesllly Feb 8th) when I first sold this idea to you but u missed my point. I was on a transit waiting for my next flight i couldnt type as much but I asked if u need me explain more better when I get to my next stop ...I am ready to put my money where my mouth is.. I know this gonna work and I am not shame to partner with you big time on this . If bank buying cars for people to tune of 7 million or more in Nigeria and it works , why not this?
Let us change the way we think, the way we work, way we reason and do something big. You may not be Bill gate of this world or Mark zuckerberg. But you are kenneths spider880. Yes you can. You have it in you an ability to build a nice house with cost saving that majority of Nigeria population looking for right now. Don't let me be one to tell you that you have a work to do and start doing it now. Take it to next level spider, you've got it in you the world can know longer wait for you. The time is now and let it start from here spider880!

If any one ready to partner with Spider880 on this my suggestion u should pls click like on this post and let get this started!!!

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by mcangelo(m): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2013
PROPERTY CONSULTANTS!
WE HAVE LARGE EXPANSE OF LAND FOR SALE
PROPERTIES AT EMENE, ABAKPA, TRAN-EKULU, NEW-HAVEN AND INDEPENDENCE LAYOUTS.
PROPERTIES DIRECTLY AND GENUINELY OWNED BY OUR ASSOCIATES AND CLIENTS
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

The only problem I am still looking at with this option is this,

First the client provides land, probably has his land documents and therefore the control of the investment, we are just going to be the service providers and nothing more, what do you think will make him consider our building options in order to give us the needed profits since he can just hire the roadside bricklayers to build this same house for him?

Secondly, if this client can bring in 5 million as you suggested and give us to start his project while he sources to pay the balance as we build/ after we complete the house. I have a question, what is the difference between this suggestion and what I am doing right now? You know I have been building houses for clients on their lands, with their money. If a client can buy a land and give you N5 million to build it, tell us why he should choose our cooperative/investment partnership and not any other service provider like Spyder, Brabus or Segcy moore?

I wanted to do something different, buy land myself and develop it for outright sale. This is the thrust of the company mission statement and not providing services like before. Owning the land is the deciding factor, that is what puts control into your hand or removes it.

I am waiting for more contributions as we look into the possibilities of all these, like I said earlier, the majority will still carry the day. My views are by no means final as there is a committee to be set up to ratify all these. Thank you for the suggestion all the same.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 12:10am On Mar 13, 2013
The only problem I am still looking at with this option is this,

First the client provides land, probably has his land documents and therefore the control of the investment, we are just going to be the service providers and nothing more, what do you think will make him consider our building options in order to give us the needed profits since he can just hire the roadside bricklayers to build this same house for him?[/color]

@Spider880, Yes anyone could hire roadside bricklayers to build but can road side bricklayer provide financial assistance or use is money to complete a project? NOPE! that's where u come into d picture as investor/builder. are u asking me how u gonna make money/ I say same way u being making money from your previous project only different now is that u don't have to wait for owner to get more fund b4 u complete a project neither do u wait for him to fulfill is payment obligation. I am very sure no owner is going to give you his/her land and cash deposit and play around when they fully know u guy's have some kind of agreement.

[color=#006600][quote author=4X4][/quote]Secondly, if this client can bring in 5 million as you suggested and give us to start his project while he sources to pay the balance as we build/ after we complete the house. I have a question, what is the difference between this suggestion and what I am doing right now? You know I have been building houses for clients on their lands, with their money. If a client can buy a land and give you N5 million to build it, tell us why he should choose our cooperative/investment partnership and not any other service provider like Spyder, Brabus or Segcy moore?

Here is answer to your "secondly" question, Out of 10 projects you were consulted to do in the last 2 years i bet half of them exceeded the set out time before completion, u know why? because lack of cash either d owner run into difficulties or some other delay... IF you tell "Fhemmmy" or any of Nairalands big boyz to continue doing his car business with #5Million while u building him a Mansion with another #5million he wont say no to a deal like that.(i know i would not say no to that)lol. so what am saying is that there are so many good people that willing to buy or build but fear of putting all business money or building. its a kinda win win situation which ever way u look into it.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Mar 13, 2013
FLORIDACAR: The only problem I am still looking at with this option is this,

First the client provides land, probably has his land documents and therefore the control of the investment, we are just going to be the service providers and nothing more, what do you think will make him consider our building options in order to give us the needed profits since he can just hire the roadside bricklayers to build this same house for him?[/color]

@Spider880, Yes anyone could hire roadside bricklayers to build but can road side bricklayer provide financial assistance or use is money to complete a project? NOPE! that's where u come into d picture as investor/builder. are u asking me how u gonna make money/ I say same way u being making money from your previous project only different now is that u don't have to wait for owner to get more fund b4 u complete a project neither do u wait for him to fulfill is payment obligation. I am very sure no owner is going to give you his/her land and cash deposit and play around when they fully know u guy's have some kind of agreement.

[color=#006600]Secondly, if this client can bring in 5 million as you suggested and give us to start his project while he sources to pay the balance as we build/ after we complete the house. I have a question, what is the difference between this suggestion and what I am doing right now? You know I have been building houses for clients on their lands, with their money. If a client can buy a land and give you N5 million to build it, tell us why he should choose our cooperative/investment partnership and not any other service provider like Spyder, Brabus or Segcy moore?

Here is answer to your "secondly" question, Out of 10 projects you were consulted to do in the last 2 years i bet half of them exceeded the set out time before completion, u know why? because lack of cash either d owner run into difficulties or some other delay... IF you tell "Fhemmmy" or any of Nairalands big boyz to continue doing his car business with #5Million while u building him a Mansion with another #5million he wont say no to a deal like that.(i know i would not say no to that)lol. so what am saying is that there are so many good people that willing to buy or build but fear of putting all business money or building. its a kinda win win situation which ever way u look into it.[color=#000000][/color]

I don't see how this is different from providing project finance which banks and other financial institutions currently do. I am a builder and will not mix it with being a money lender, have you thought of how we get out of this if the N5m is not repaid? Everybody is not you and Fhemmmy, the larger majority of our country men may not share your integrity qualities.

What is your profit projection for this option?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
spyder880:

I don't see how this is different from providing project finance which banks and other financial institutions currently do. I am a builder and will not mix it with being a money lender, have you thought of how we get out of this if the N5m is not repaid? Everybody is not you and Fhemmmy, the larger majority of our country men may not share your integrity qualities.

What is your profit projection for this option?
Profit projection can be as good as same as you project on other idea u first mentioned. My only problem with your idea is that u limited you and your investors to one place that u build. What happen if no serious buyer in 18months?
You asked how to get out if buyer did not pay "" the answer is very simple Bank pay you back which i explained earlier in one of my posts.
The only part i need you to clarify is where u said "larger part of country men did not share my integrity qualities"
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
FLORIDACAR:
Profit projection can be as good as same as you project on other idea u first mentioned. My only problem with your idea is that u limited you and your investors to one place that u build. What happen if no serious buyer in 18months?
You asked how to get out if buyer did not pay "" the answer is very simple Bank pay you back which i explained earlier in one of my posts.
The only part i need you to clarify is where u said "larger part of country men did not share my integrity qualities"

If the projection is 20% in this option then the other option is better because the property you built will always appreciate in value if not sold. I sold one of the houses I built in 2005 for N6m or so, but same types of houses sells for N16-17 million now! That is the power of appreciation. We cannot have our funds appreciate if we are sponsoring projects with banks covering the risks. If the house is not sold in 18 months, it will be sold higher not lower.

What I mean about the other country men not sharing your sterling qualities is that you and Fhemmmy are honest businessmen, what about others that will come out with the intention to take advantages of us?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

Wonderful concept BUT we have to make sure it is well fine tuned to make sure payment is made within the specific period of time, but here is a question for you, Sir . . . If we give the buyer 5 months to make all payment and come 5 months, he is missing payment, what happened, do we take our house of his land, do we seize everything or what will be the term, but i am so much in love with this concept.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @spider880, It was over a month ago(pricesllly Feb 8th) when I first sold this idea to you but u missed my point. I was on a transit waiting for my next flight i couldnt type as much but I asked if u need me explain more better when I get to my next stop ...I am ready to put my money where my mouth is.. I know this gonna work and I am not shame to partner with you big time on this . If bank buying cars for people to tune of 7 million or more in Nigeria and it works , why not this?
Let us change the way we think, the way we work, way we reason and do something big. You may not be Bill gate of this world or Mark zuckerberg. But you are kenneths spider880. Yes you can. You have it in you an ability to build a nice house with cost saving that majority of Nigeria population looking for right now. Don't let me be one to tell you that you have a work to do and start doing it now. Take it to next level spider, you've got it in you the world can know longer wait for you. The time is now and let it start from here spider880!

If any one ready to partner with Spider880 on this my suggestion u should pls click like on this post and let get this started!!!

With few fine tuning done . . . Will be a fly

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

Here is answer to your "secondly" question, Out of 10 projects you were consulted to do in the last 2 years i bet half of them exceeded the set out time before completion, u know why? because lack of cash either d owner run into difficulties or some other delay... IF you tell "Fhemmmy" or any of Nairalands big boyz to continue doing his car business with #5Million while u building him a Mansion with another #5million he wont say no to a deal like that.(i know i would not say no to that)lol. so what am saying is that there are so many good people that willing to buy or build but fear of putting all business money or building. its a kinda win win situation which ever way u look into it.

Well said . . .Cos while a house project is nice, the longer i can delay payment while i am able to transact such money will be a good one for me and my business cos on every $$ i give out, there is something not coming in.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by FLORIDACAR: 3:12am On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Wonderful concept BUT we have to make sure it is well fine tuned to make sure payment is made within the specific period of time, but here is a question for you, Sir . . . If we give the buyer 5 months to make all payment and come 5 months, he is missing payment, what happened, do we take our house of his land, do we seize everything or what will be the term, but i am so much in love with this concept.

@Fhemmmy, I expect a kind of an agreement with CLAUSEs in it that clearly state mode of payments & DURATION. Should owner fail to pay couple of things could happen either owner approach bank for a short loans or we approach bank on his behalf.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
FLORIDACAR:

@Fhemmmy, I expect a kind of an agreement with CLAUSEs in it that clearly state mode of payments & DURATION. Should owner fail to pay couple of things could happen either owner approach bank for a short loans or we approach bank on his behalf.

I MUST say, that is a great concept and i am sure Baba, Chief Pope Spyder could look into this too and make something out of it too . . . This will surely make some people dance azonto to the bank oh, but this will need a lot of prayers too oh, cos i fear Nigerians with their diabolic means of settling debts, Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Tips To Reduce Building Costs / How Much Does Face Me I Face U Cost In Your Area / How To Become A Professional Builder In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.