Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon (18061 Views)

Download Whatsapp+ An Interesting And Better Version Of Whatsapp / Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War / Phones, Tablets And Phablets – Phunny Phenomenon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by asids55: 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hayjaycity:

Android is the worst of all....go and try it, and in 2 weeks, you will throw it out of a moving van...I have unlimited downloads on my BBM, and that's what separates it from other smartphones

na people like you dey use chinco android!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by clemmonce(m): 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Sam Milla: What else do you expect from a society that believes Jesus Walked on water, Jonah spent days in the belly of fish and Moses divided a sea with a stick...

Ofcourse no Blackberry No Swag
i wil make sure you are ban for this statement. and to all those that liked the statement expect your ban also
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by rman: 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
All I can deduce from all these Blackberry, Android and Iphone posts on Nairaland and other forum is:

-People always think they made the better choice
-They need to point out other made a wrong choice to validate their decision.

Use whatever suits you, we can not all use the same phone or be on the same platform.

Majority of the people just simply come to talk ignorantly and make general statements that is not true.

ENOUGH OF ALL THESE MY PHONE IS BETTER THAN YOURS THREAD JOR!

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by dabossman(m): 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
Na wa o! All I see here are folks trying so hard to prove that their gadget is better than the next person's own. What's with that? To every man his own. I prefer Toyota, my girl prefers Honda, I prefer Close Up, my girl prefers Macleans, I prefer Sony, my girl goes with Samsung. Whatever works men!
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by SamMilla1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
clemmonce: i wil make sure you are ban for this statement. and to all those that liked the statement expect your ban also

Yea, the world ends here.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Kewt: 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Maybe if this topic came up 48 hours ago it would have influenced my choice.

I am an upwardly mobile businessman and was seriously at a cross road on which to buy between a blackberry and an android phone.

I eventually settled for a Samsung galaxy Ace and i seem to be enjoying it, though I have never used a BB.

Anything that will enable me attend to my mails immediately, and of course work with Excel, word and power point at an affordable cost is ok for me. The pinging is very irrelevaant and secondary.

Maybe guys that have used the phone variants ie BB, Android and Iphone should help by analysing the special advantage each of the phones have other the others. This could be a starting point for people with unbiased minds like ours!

Below are the few I have been able to come up with. Feel free to populate the list below as you may deem fit.

Blackberry
+Pinging
-Limitless download ability (this is mostly a fallacy as most network providers place a limit to what can be downloaded)

Androids
+Plan flexibility
-Ability to download different apps.

Iphones
Limit to applications' downloads due to incompatibility of it's system with most applications
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ITbomb(m): 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Lagusta: The only reason I can never leave my 9650 (bold3 for the laymen) is because I easily keep in touch with my friends, family and even my grandma!!!!! when ur friends send u a document in pdf what do you do? Forward it to the nokia fone

Imagine my class rep broadcasting: "all students must meet with the provost not later than 10am tomorrow or face sanctions" that's what we call effective communication....
effective communications is when you can reach to many people across platforms. U need a whatsapp
Imagine unlimited downloading and superfast 3G airtel browsing, that's class....
1300 for 3gig on glo for my symbian is equally cool
I love droids and apples too, but I'd rather get a tab or a pad, than to carry another phone again (except my nokia c3 tho...) u see , u still need the nokia for long battery life

I hate to compare a BB with an Android , it is plain silly.
Let the 2009 released Nokia beat it hands down
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Limaoscar: 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
What else do you expect from a society that believes Jesus Walked on water, Jonah spent days in the belly of fish and Moses divided a sea with a stick...

Ofcourse no Blackberry No Swag
St.upid, Illitrate Azz-wipe, it's blackberry making news here not another platform for Foo.lish agnostic/Atheist to express your Ignorance!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by rman: 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Symphony007: Meanwhile using a blackberry is the u.s is becoming primitive..research in motion is going broke. But in nigeria it is the ultimate symbol of prestige. It's quite amusing!!

Current trend says otherwise.

The Z10, running the BB10 OS, has done very well so far. Don't be decieved, Blackberry has got a game changer on their hands with the new OS
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by slimyem: 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
...guess i'm one of the few the craze and band wagon mentality never got to...undecided
Never used a BB...cool
Never got convinced i needed one..smiley
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by jhydebaba(m): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
slimyem: ...guess i'm one of the few the craze and band wagon mentality never got to...undecided
Never used a BB...cool
Never got convinced i needed one..smiley
ur type don't know the beauty of BB, stone age madam. U belong to the zoo cheesy

I don wake her grin
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Lagusta(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2013
ITbomb:

I hate to compare a BB with an Android , it is plain silly.
Let the 2009 released Nokia beat it hands down

Boss, I have an unlocked pdf reader on my BB, my nokia c3 doesn't

Whatsapp is good too, I have it on both phones

Nokia always wins with ba3 life

Like I said, I'll do basic computing with a tab/ipad communicate with my BB and call with my nokia #shikena
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Damojo: 12:06am On Feb 16, 2013
Kewt: Maybe if this topic came up 48 hours ago it would have influenced my choice.

I am an upwardly mobile businessman and was seriously at a cross road on which to buy between a blackberry and an android phone.

I eventually settled for a Samsung galaxy Ace and i seem to be enjoying it, though I have never used a BB.

Anything that will enable me attend to my mails immediately, and of course work with Excel, word and power point at an affordable cost is ok for me. The pinging is very irrelevaant and secondary.

Maybe guys that have used the phone variants ie BB, Android and Iphone should help by analysing the special advantage each of the phones have other the others. This could be a starting point for people with unbiased minds like ours!

Below are the few I have been able to come up with. Feel free to populate the list below as you may deem fit.

Blackberry
+Pinging
-Limitless download ability (this is mostly a fallacy as most network providers place a limit to what can be downloaded)

Androids
+Plan flexibility

Iphones
Limit to applications' downloads due to incompatibility of it's system with most applications

upwardly mobile bizman n u av time 2 post epistle on NL. #upwardlymobiletoilet
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by enigmagu1(m): 12:13am On Feb 16, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Rsvp

Rice stew very plenty
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by 2baga(m): 12:34am On Feb 16, 2013
clerkent: Ola: "Hey Sandra, I jst got my
blackberry torch! I'l buy d pin
nextweek'
Sandra: "Hmmm? U try ooo! Me
don dash Ekaete my own ooo"
Joy: "Ah! Y nah?"
Sandra: "Bcoz blackberry don tire
me, na BB I dey use!"
Joy: "wow! U r rich oo! I envy u...
Is ur BB samsung or Nokia?"
Sandra: "Noooo! How can I use
dose ceap BBs? It's microsoft
nah"
Joy: "wow! Dat1 mst be expensive
ooo! Shey blackberry dey ping
BB? Jst give me ur pin so I can
call
u wen I buy my own pin"
Sandra: "Eyaaaa... I'm sorry, I left
my pin @home! U knw its nt safe
walking around wit ur pin, e fit
chook u!"
yo fada!!! and I mean dat in d most brodaly way

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Kewt: 12:39am On Feb 16, 2013
Damojo: upwardly mobile bizman n u av time 2 post epistle on NL. #upwardlymobiletoilet

What exactly do you mean by this please?

Quite unlike me but I am constrained to call you a foo00ol. I smell hate and jealosy all over you. Also refer to your dictionary for the meaning of epistle.**Skunk**
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by blackdream: 12:41am On Feb 16, 2013
do you think research in motion were stupid to produce bb? Nna see nigerian oooo......as far as u can manufacture or produce an alternative to bb i will go with you...if not pls go and sleep because iker casillas uses bb

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by braine(m): 12:49am On Feb 16, 2013
Sam Milla:

I'd rather accept a blackberry over Jesus anyday, stay with your soul, i enjoy my lost one

This response in totally on point. cool

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by paranorman(m): 12:58am On Feb 16, 2013
Ganys: Love it or Hate it, BB is very good for Businessmen because it enhances free flow of information cheaply. But trust nigerian, they are very good in abusing any Good thing. I love BB cos it put Garri and Sugar on my table....
BB is not meant for everybody, its a business Phone and a Potencial ATM Machine for those who know how It works cool
stop the crap about BB BEING A BUSINESS PHONE JOH... Na in be the first business phone ni? MS windows,nokia, abi samsung no get business phones ni? Make i hear word joh. Most users of bb uses less than 70 percent of the phone's specifications... All they do is ping, ping, ping, tweet, facebook! BB isn't a major player in smart phone market in europe, america, japan, china... This BB-10 self wey get features wey nokia lumia, samsung n i-phones don get already.. Stil dem stil dy hype am for naija... God don catch una say the phone no get BIS.. You better wake up from your slumber, don't let RIM make you pay so much for less...
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by paranorman(m): 1:12am On Feb 16, 2013
Kewt: Maybe if this topic came up 48 hours ago it would have influenced my choice.

Blackberry
+Pinging

Androids
+Plan flexibility

Iphones

bros, you forgot nokia phones. even the nokia e-series makes it easy to attend your emails, also comes with MS office tools like excel, word, and power point for presentation but not with the full specifications.. The nokia lumia comes with the full specification of those office tools..
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by humblesteve(m): 1:17am On Feb 16, 2013
What more can I say? Than thanks to BB company who made my browsing pretty good and cheap for people of ma class...Bleep android or what so ever...enjoying unlimited brows just with 1500. Money I spend withing one week just to download and get info.bb all de way...
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by raynold(m): 1:20am On Feb 16, 2013
Hayjaycity:

Android is the worst of all....go and try it, and in 2 weeks, you will throw it out of a moving van...I have unlimited downloads on my BBM, and that's what separates it from other smartphones
I use an android with unlimited data....

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by slimyem: 1:30am On Feb 16, 2013
jhydebaba: ur type don't know the beauty of BB, stone age madam. U belong to the zoo cheesy

I don wake her grin
duh!
You wish! undecided
I nor get ya time cool
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by bakila: 1:47am On Feb 16, 2013
passion007: @ moderators:
Shouldn't this be considered for front page? I've seen scores and scores of Tonto Dike's repulsive photos make front page without any effort...

...waiting to see if the Tonto blackmail still works... grin
Success, according to my friends chinco blackberry for done.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 2:07am On Feb 16, 2013
I used to have a curve 2. Used it for about a year till my eyes opened.

I use a HTC 4G Evo now and I haven't looked back. Blackberry is a very distracting phone that beeps useless messages to me every second. Im glad I have gotten rid of that shyt. cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by kandiikane(m): 3:03am On Feb 16, 2013
clerkent: Ola: "Hey Sandra, I jst got my
blackberry torch! I'l buy d pin
nextweek'
Sandra: "Hmmm? U try ooo! Me
don dash Ekaete my own ooo"
Joy: "Ah! Y nah?"
Sandra: "Bcoz blackberry don tire
me, na BB I dey use!"
Joy: "wow! U r rich oo! I envy u...
Is ur BB samsung or Nokia?"
Sandra: "Noooo! How can I use
dose ceap BBs? It's microsoft
nah"
Joy: "wow! Dat1 mst be expensive
ooo! Shey blackberry dey ping
BB? Jst give me ur pin so I can
call
u wen I buy my own pin"
Sandra: "Eyaaaa... I'm sorry, I left
my pin @home! U knw its nt safe
walking around wit ur pin, e fit
chook u!"

Lmfaooo! grin made my flipping week!
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Hotdiamond(m): 4:26am On Feb 16, 2013
Hayjaycity:

Android is the worst of all....go and try it, and in 2 weeks, you will throw it out of a moving van... I have unlimited downloads on my BBM , and that's what separates it from other smartphones
dude seriously. Have you touched a blackberry before. Lwkm.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by tavon(m): 6:11am On Feb 16, 2013
Hayjaycity:

You are talking utter nonsense. Leave nigeria with that BB and you will realize u are in the minority
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 16, 2013
Android is d best os
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by bbulldog(m): 6:16am On Feb 16, 2013
BB by force, na BIS go finish guyman life!!! Cari ur school fees go buy blackberry, dem com steal am..... Na to die be dat
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Symphony007: 6:18am On Feb 16, 2013
rman:

Current trend says otherwise.

The Z10, running the BB10 OS, has done very well so far. Don't be decieved, Blackberry has got a game changer on their hands with the new OS
i really haope it does well beause it is a make or break moment for that company but i don't just see it becoming too succesful, i foresee a i phone 5 type meltdown. High initial sale and a sharp unexpected decline.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by caukerzee(m): 6:24am On Feb 16, 2013
dopeJemi:

pLs I wanna know wah ur point is realLy.. Shud we throw our BB fones away cuz its making peopLe go Nuts? Wah makes u fink ur fone z any better.. Dose of u saying we don't know d Meaning of BIS and OS.. PLz I wanna know, hau does knowing d meaning stop our BIS 4rm expiring? Ur criticism z Dry.. U taLk as if u won't grab a boLd6 wiv ur Hands wide open if I throw it 2 u.. U shudnt criticise d fone unnecessarily just cuz u hate it
Oh please dude! Id rather my balls be stuck in a bees nest than use a BB. Ive never and would never like BB. If data consuption is a problem to you, it is not to me. Cry from today till tomorrow driods and iOS are better phones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Features And Price Of Itel P40 / New Advertisement! Battery Life of Samsung Galaxy S7 Related To A Time Bomb / The New Version Of 2go For Andriod Is Now Available On GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.