Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon (18071 Views)

Download Whatsapp+ An Interesting And Better Version Of Whatsapp / Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War / Phones, Tablets And Phablets – Phunny Phenomenon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ibietela2(m): 1:38am On Feb 17, 2013
kalunomics: which OS does it operate on?

Android GB 2.3.5
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by tallfish145(m): 9:51am On Feb 17, 2013
Na person wey no get money for bb go talk say its not special. Get one today and enjoy d effizy dat follows it!
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by joseph1832(m): 9:59am On Feb 17, 2013
tallfish145: Na person wey no get money for bb go talk say its not special. Get one today and enjoy d effizy dat follows it!
Bro I actually use a bb and believe me androids are a lot better...

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by caukerzee(m): 10:02am On Feb 17, 2013
tallfish145: Na person wey no get money for bb go talk say its not special. Get one today and enjoy d effizy dat follows it!
LOL...i thought it was only girls tha+ made this kinda dumb statements, now i see its a general bb user thing. My guy you too dull oh. My GS III is by far more expensinve than whatever BB you think you have and theres absolutely nothing special about BB. My Gs III can do better whatever your BB can do.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ibietela2(m): 10:13am On Feb 17, 2013

chai i pitty you o
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 17, 2013
Jonwesley:

I like reading ur piece as it speaks my mind about Blackberry phones. Your diction was on point and I like the choice of words. Great write up.
'I liked reading' not 'I like reading'.
Tautology. Diction is the same thing as choice of words.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by garba(m): 10:14am On Feb 17, 2013
gimme an android any time. BB is outdated and a sign of backwardness in the west.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2013
caukerzee: LOL...i thought it was only girls tha+ made this kinda dumb statements, now i see its a general bb user thing. My guy you too dull oh. My GS III is by far more expensinve than whatever BB you think you have and theres absolutely nothing special about BB. My Gs III can do better whatever your BB can do.
Except if he is using a bb Porshe.
And no, you can't ping with your GS3.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by caukerzee(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2013
meenagiggs:
BBM you mean?? Have you heard of whatsapp? Which is more phone friendly and works on multiple platforms?? BBM cant be a problem to me. That porshe phone is simply overpriced and overratted. It cant stand close to a GS III in terms of capabilities.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
caukerzee: BBM you mean?? Have you heard of whatsapp? Which is more phone friendly and works on multiple platforms?? BBM cant be a problem to me. That porshe phone is simply overpriced and overratted. It cant stand close to a GS III in terms of capabilities.
No, I mean ping as in PING!!!
Bbm is just an instant message app and as you rightly pointed out, You can send instant messages using one of the numerous messaging apps .i.e
Whatsapp.
I was only trying to be sarcastic. To me that is basically the only difference between a bb phone and other phones. So I don't get the craze to own one, although I do have one.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ewizard1: 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
*clears throat*
Hello everyone... especially the blackberry users.
I dislike not hate blackberry right from the start. A friend accused it's cause I cant afford the BIS. I don't know. But I think blackberry is meant for BUSINESS. Please see the highcased text. But it annoys me if you want to prove being smart with your blackberry. Since I joined the Android os , I've disliked the BB more. The only thing i think you enjoi is the getting more data cap for less pay,which i also use on my android fone.
I am someone who.loves getting more out of devices. BB dont have much. Being an Open Source project os, android has Millions of mouth watering app which i think RIM would nevet get in 5years.

e.g
1. As a student, i dont need to bother switching my device to silence when i'm in class. theres a app that knows i'm in class by 8am and switches the device to silence and also changes when i'm outta class. I bet a BB dont have that.
2. With another phone or computer, i can get the present location of my phone. Incase its stolen, i can remotely lock,wipe,take pictures,record anytthing that could help me get my fone back.
3. A barcode scanner can let me know if a product is original.
4. I can make qr barcodes for products,contacts sms etc. Just scan and get my message.
countless apps... talk about entertainment. Pls dont bloww your BB with HD games ooo. (you even get game sef?)
so what are you guys saying...
I get emails,notifications in seconds like you get them.
wait... Can you make pdf files right from your device? i didnt say read oooo! i said CREATE! I bet NO. Move with technology. Get an android device today. An os from the almighty GOOGLE. What else could you be searching for? An os that fits all ur tech needs.
An incase you dont know, i use the Glo BIS on my android device. 3gb data for N1200. Pls dont sue glo oooo. :p

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by donted(m): 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sam Milla: What else do you expect from a society that believes Jesus Walked on water, Jonah spent days in the belly of fish and Moses divided a sea with a stick...

Ofcourse no Blackberry No Swag

Hw do you relate ur statement to the topic.? Get a lyf F**L
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ewizard1: 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
And please.... i keep saying thing. Dont marry the word PING to BB oooooo! Ping is a short sharp sound that notifies u of something. I hear millions of people say "only blackberry can ping" Sharrap! all fones can ping. as long as they can make that short sharp tone. u get that? Ping,Beep etc...
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ewizard1: 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
apocalypse:

I pray God removes poverty mentality from your life , I see that anytime most Nigerians see the words cheap , free and unlimited those goods are automatically better than the others , what about functionality. Tell me what the BlackBerry does better than the Android ?

Me sef go like know ooo.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ewizard1: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
meenagiggs:

Pls see the picture. so, can the GS3 ping? Thank you.

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
ewizard1:

Pls see the picture. so, can the GS3 ping? Thank you.
Yes sir. Now get the hell out of here with your superior knowledge.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ewizard1: 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
meenagiggs:
Yes sir. Now get the hell out of here with your superior knowledge.

E neva reach fight nah. Na knowledge i share sad
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
ewizard1:

E neva reach fight nah. Na knowledge i share sad
smiley
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ibietela2(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
meenagiggs:

What are you telling me? Where is Skype? Tango? And the rest
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
ibietela2:

What are you telling me? Where is Skype? Tango? And the rest
What?
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ibietela2(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
meenagiggs:
What?

Go make Search
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by KazaaUpload: 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
meenagiggs:
What?
He is saying that most smartphones can make video calls with the Tango app or the Skype app, but on BB you can't.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by luluosas(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sam Milla: What else do you expect from a society that believes Jesus Walked on water, Jonah spent days in the belly of fish and Moses divided a sea with a stick...

Ofcourse no Blackberry No Swag
What point were you trying to score with this your pointless post?
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by tck2000(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
lol
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Karex81(m): 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Today BB is dead and buried, such is life lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Features And Price Of Itel P40 / The New Version Of 2go For Andriod Is Now Available On GOOGLE PLAY STORE. / New Advertisement! Battery Life of Samsung Galaxy S7 Related To A Time Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.