Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,203 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School (12620 Views)

Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic / Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Naomi Akwashiki, New Minister For Information Appointed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by sexyglow(f): 11:19am On Feb 05, 2013
The former speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, better known as a hair dresser, is studying for a law degree

Five years after her tumultuous four-month stint as the head of Nigeria’s parliament, during which time she was tagged an ‘illiterate hair dresser,’ Nigeria’s first female Speaker of the House of Representatives, Patricia Etteh, has returned to school.

Mrs. Etteh is currently enrolled at the University of Buckingham, U.K., and expects to emerge with a Bachelor of Law degree in 2014. She began the university’s popular 2-year undergraduate law programme in September 2012.

The former legislator said her return to school is part of her private life and declined to share what motivated her to return to the university.

With her three-term-foray as a federal legislator now ended, Mrs. Etteh appears ready to regain her self-respect by earning a law degree. When PREMIUM TIMES contacted her, Mrs. Etteh, who was speaking from an airport in the U.S., said she would not speak with the press.

“Sweetheart, I am not interested in granting any interview. As far as my private life is concerned, I am not interested,” she said, sounding very pleasant and upbeat.

Dino Melaye, a former member of the House of Representatives who backed the former speaker during her travails, told PREMIUM TIMES that Mrs. Etteh has spent the past few years strengthening her CV.

“She did a programme at the University of Abuja. She also did another programme online,” Mr. Melaye said.

It is not clear at the moment whether the former speaker’s acquisition of academic qualifications speak to any future political plans, but Ms Ajie, who recently acquired another law degree from Georgetown University, U.S., insists that the former speaker is taking the right step.

“It is trendy world over to acquire academic degrees; I want more law degrees. If she decides to aspire for office, it is a legitimate desire and I welcome it,” she said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/118412-exclusive-etteh-goes-to-school.html
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2013
Btw i wish her all the best
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by onyeego(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2013
Is anything wrong with that
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by nnamanis(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2013
At least when she is through with her programme we can now vote her as the first woman president in Nigeria... Goodluck to her!!!
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Jluvu: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2013
i salute her courage, good for her.
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by tunapawizzy: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2013
na she sabi
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by chinexvee(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2013
Dats cool
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2013
Its never too late for any body
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by yuzedo: 11:56am On Feb 05, 2013
She should concentrate her reading on the course, Limitations to Looting (101).... Longgggggg Hisssssssss! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Cmoyor: 11:57am On Feb 05, 2013
Dats good for her
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 05, 2013
From seamstress to hairdresser to presidential mistress to lawmaker to speaker to lawyer (and everything else in-between). *Gasps for breath*

Rich (and diversified) CV indeed.
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by MEKKYbob(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2013
Ouch!!! crywho are those dat came b4 me?
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Mikkyhandy(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2013
How much she wan spend, make she continue, but in case she needs a tutor, I'm available...
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by nnamanis(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2013
•MEKKY-bob•:
Neva planed to coment on this dumb post!!but have too..u kn why??!cuz am firST to ComMEnT!!! grin..♥•MEKKY•♥☺
E be like say you be half albino ( yellow paw paw) u no dey see well for morning right?

1 Like

Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by BarryX(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2013
A typical law degree in Nigeria is an alibi to more corruption which I suppose is one of her antecedent..the Judge Talba and the pension boss is still very fresh on the minds of Nigerians..apologies to hustling law students
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Libkid(m): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wetin concern me if she like make she go bak to kindagerten wetin i knw be say make she no cum bak contest any election
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by PosCaricature: 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
Just like every other focused woman in the society can do. Not bad at all.
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Oahray: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Etteh-gate grin E don tey when I hear of this woman last o. From hairdresser to legislator to lawyer. Ok na, thank God she no fit thief money for courtroom.
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Asis(m): 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
9ce move
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by PosCaricature: 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
onye ego: Is anything wrong with that
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by Jolomisan(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wishinp are the best n her future ambition as she might add anoda first by being the first eva female president of our great nation nigeria
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by MEKKYbob(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
nnamanis: E be like say you be half albino ( yellow paw paw) u no dey see well for morning right?
...mehn..my man..these pple no gree me oo..choi!!anywayz..GOD dey nah..i muxt make am!! grin ♥•MEKKY•♥☺
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by 5much(m): 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
commendable. get as many degrees as u can.
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by condralbede(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
This reminds me of our famous primary school reader....Ezeh goes to school!Eteh r u in any way related to Ezeh
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by aieromon(m): 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
I'm happy for her.
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by tomzman: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice one. I wish her all the best.
Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by gulfer: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
BASt.ARDs, why University of Buckingham, U.K and not Ado Ekiti University or University of Lagos? In the end, she'd have bought a degree, return to the country to continue from where she stopped and rejoin the looting. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Patricia Eteh Goes Back To School by uzeba(m): 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
Forget, na film them dey act!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ovie Omo-Agege: Gulak's Murder Is Barbaric And Callous / Plateau: Appeal Court dismisses review, fines 16 sacked PDP lawmakers N8m each / Senator Kalu Advocates For Part-Time Legislature To Cut Costs (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.