Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University (22777 Views)

Patricia Etteh To Be Called To The Nigerian Bar / Biafra Protesters Arrested In Buckingham Palace, London (Photo) / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Rt Hon Patricia Etteh, Nigeria’s first female Speaker of the House of Representatives, was one time accused of attempting to steal, tagged an ‘illiterate hair dresser,’ but today, she is a proud Law graduate from Buckingham University. Pictured above is she cutting a cake at her graduation party yesterday.

Mrs. Etteh was evicted from her leadership position in the House of Representatives amidst a blistering scandal in October, 2007. Barely four months after she was ‘unanimously’ voted into leadership of the House, her colleagues turned on her and demanded that she step down from her exalted position following accusations of corruption.

According to a report by the legislators, the speaker signed off on a contract that would see the spending of N628m for the renovation of her official home and that of her deputy as well as the purchase of 12 official vehicles. The legislators insisted that the award of the contract did not follow due process.

Mrs. Etteh’s removal continues to stir controversies today as some people say the former speaker’s removal was “driven by anti-gender sentiments”. She is aged 61. Big congrats to her.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/03/photos-former-speaker-patricia-etteh.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2015
was one time accused of attempting to steal, tagged an ‘illiterate hair dresser,’ but today, she is a proud Law graduate from Buckingham University. Pictured above is she cutting a cake at her graduation party yesterday.
@Bold, she was not accused of attempting to. She actually did sign the contract and was bursted.

@Topic: it is a great to be acquire education to improve on ones deficiency. Kudos to her for that. Salisu Buhari(also a former Speaker) did same.

According to a report by the legislators, [b]the speaker signed off on a contract that would see the spending of N628m for the renovation of her official home and that of her deputy as well as the purchase of 12 official vehicles. The legislators insisted that the award of the contract did not follow due processhttp://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/118412-exclusive-etteh-goes-to-school.html[/b]

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by owobokiri(m): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2015
Looks to me like she just dressed herself in some stolen graduation gown then posed for a picture in one London hotel room..

17 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by seunmsg(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2015
lovat:
*My husband will stop the export of Edo prostitutes to Italy* Aisha Buhari (2015)

You saTANoids should stop peddling lies all over the place. Any campaign built on lies will eventually collapse the same way GEJ's campaign is collapsing all over the country.

@OP, congratulations to her.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by slimfit1(m): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2015
Mummy congratulations ma, but you are a big disgrace to women in this country and a big disgrace to yoruba people ma. You blew a great opportunity to make a change ma. I wonder the type of mother you are. You too read your offences and tell us if it make sense at your age of making changes that people will forever respect you only to be seen as a criminal.
You are lucky to even have a house to live in not to talk of renovation.

Do you know that the money you want to use to renovate your house will build lots of houses, hospitals, schools and so on.
If the country where you just graduated were to be spending money recklessly you wouldn't have any university to go now.

That stupid woman Giwa is next making laws for tinted glasses when other Lawmakers are making important laws that will change the lives of women.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Hmmm... Congratz to her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Hmmm... Congratz to her..

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by slimfit1(m): 10:00am On Mar 21, 2015
owobokiri:
Looks to me like she just dressed herself in some stolen graduation gown then posed for a picture in one London hotel room..

Its my choir gown that she quickly begged someone to borrow her. I don't know how her generation have turn to people we insult online. She is old enough to be my mother twice but i see a thieve rather than a woman and a mother in my eyes and i lost that respect i am supposed to give her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by owobokiri(m): 10:10am On Mar 21, 2015
slimfit1:

Its my choir gown that she quickly begged someone to borrow her. I don't know how her generation have turn to people we insult online. She is old enough to be my mother twice but i see a thieve rather than a woman and a mother in my eyes and i lost that respect i am supposed to give her.

A theif is a theif, whether young or as old as Methuselar. . There is no emotional, moral, religious, or intellectual contradictions there. She is a theif so she is a thief and as such should enjoy all the insults that comes her dirty ways! Any culture here or there that projects any kind of scruples over this straight analogy is in a dire need of some moral repair. .

2 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2015
What grade did she graduate with... What is anti gender sentiment by removing a corrupt public official? So Oduah was removed on grounds of anti gender sentiments?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Delafruita(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2015
barcanista:
@Bold, she was not accused of attempting to. She actually did it.

@Topic: it is a great to be acquire education to improve on ones deficiency. Kudos to her for that. Salisu Buhari(also a former Speaker) did same.
she didn't steal a single kobo.funds hadn't even beed released for the contract.she was impeached on the grounds the process for awarding the contract didn't follow due process

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by englishmart(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2015
it's not too late to get some education..
Buhari can do same

5 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by joystickextendr: 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
Congrats

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by donsteady(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
congrats ma
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Blackchampion(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2015
GMB should learn from her.
#An advice though

9 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by publicenemy(m): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2015
So nna now dem dey go school abi?
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by okon11: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Congrats to Her, its never too late to go to school

We’ll expose govs offering us gifts –RECs
SOURCE: [url=/egK]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/4094-we-ll-expose-govs-offering-us-gifts-recs[/url]
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by santity100: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Not bad .. But she should desist from corruption this time around because baba no get time for pala pala

He is a provincial, insensitive, callous, selfish, clueless, top-of-the-range incompetent President who woke up one day with power and has spent half a decade still wondering what to do with it
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Afam4eva(m): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2015
There's something i don't understand about Nigeria. When people found to be corrupt, aren't they supposed to be jailed or something? What punishment did she get from her crime?

3 Likes

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by profpraise(m): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2015
owobokiri:
God help Nigeria
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Dreambeat: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Y'all know who is next lipsrsealed
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by VickyRotex(f): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Hmmm welldone

That gown tho undecided
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Delafruita:
she didn't steal a single kobo.funds hadn't even beed released for the contract.she was impeached on the grounds the process for awarding the contract didn't follow due process

According to a report by the legislators, the speaker signed off on a contract that would see the spending of N628m for the renovation of her official home and that of her deputy as well as the purchase of 12 official vehicles. The legislators insisted that the award of the contract did not follow due process.http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/118412-exclusive-etteh-goes-to-school.html

Anyway, I have modifed my first comment to reflect on the bold
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by EbukaFran: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2015
barcanista:
@Bold, she was not accused of attempting to. She actually did it.

Don't you think it is time you go to school too?
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by bunmioguns(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2015
undecided
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by wofai007: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2015
owobokiri:
Don't allow ur sentimEnt to overshadow ur reasoning.
Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by Sanguine77(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2015
Good for her. Wetin she wan contest for now?

After they collectively loot our commonwealth, they run to UK to acquire degrees they don't need. We must rise up to take our destinies in our hands. The time for transformative change is now.

1 Like

Re: Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University by bright007(f): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2015
good one...happy for you.

please when you come back home, show your certificate to buhari and tell him why it is important to be educated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Visits Akwa-Ibom Governor, Udom (Photos) / Governor Ben Ayade: My Wife Cautions Me Against Seeking Re-Election / Open Grazing: Stop Crying More Than The Bereaved - Falana Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.