Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1003548 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mavinc4u(f): 12:38am On Sep 26, 2014
texaco1: but what stop him from going to zenith bank nigeria to ask those questions and first hand answers and information?

guy, you are funny and you think they will tell her. is customers like you that use the card online that would know how much that was charged on exchange rate and not the staffs of the bank or do you think they use those exchange rate on their boards in the banking hall? Exchange rate they use on cards is different from what you see on boards.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by texaco1: 12:48am On Sep 26, 2014
mavinc4u:

guy, you are funny and you think they will tell her. is customers like you that use the card online that would know how much that was charged on exchange rate and not the staffs of the bank or do you think they use those exchange rate on their boards in the banking hall? Exchange rate they use on cards is different from what you see on boards.

then it is very simple ,log into the site u want to purcahse from , make an order ,go to the payment page and it will show u the exchange rate . Amazon does that all the time and I know many other reputable sites have their currency converter . That will give u an idea of the rate before u make an order
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mavinc4u(f): 2:05am On Sep 26, 2014
texaco1: then it is very simple ,log into the site u want to purcahse from , make an order ,go to the payment page and it will show u the exchange rate . Amazon does that all the time and I know many other reputable sites have their currency converter . That will give u an idea of the rate before u make an order

don't be too sure. is not all purchase sites that does that; showing you the exchange rate before making purchase. some don't even recognize naira, they only take their money and is left for master/visa card or your bank to do the conversion. is good to have idea of exchange rate before doing a transaction as it would help one in planing his/her budget on a transaction. my thought though.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by texaco1: 6:57am On Sep 26, 2014
mavinc4u:

don't be too sure. is not all purchase sites that does that; showing you the exchange rate before making purchase. some don't even recognize naira, they only take their money and is left for master/visa card or your bank to do the conversion. is good to have idea of exchange rate before doing a transaction as it would help one in planing his/her budget on a transaction. my thought though.
you have a point .then how will u go about it,the banks don't know ,people are tired of that question so they won't answer it and the sites u want to shop on won't convert it. The best thing to do is to have a base exchange rate which will and can accomodate any fluctuations .that is what business men do all over the world. Instead of asking for exchange rates on a daily basis just fix one . The naira has been between 165 to 167 for sometime . Why don't u just fix ur rate at 170 or 171 to a dollar.that is what I always do,my exchange rate has always been 170 to a dollar so that my calculations can absorb any fluctuations. Make all ur calculations on a base exchange rate ,even the shipment we did last week was based on a base figure and we got it. This is business and in business you must make accomodations for changes and be prepared for them

7 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2014
Good day importers.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by oneniceguy(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
Thanks to this thread and all the gurus in the house. God bless you all.

My original 5600mAh power banks has arrived.
Say NO to LOW BATTERY.
Very cheap and affordable.
Only N2000 each

PS. Nigeria will be better

Contacts:
WhatsApp: 08063525426
BBM: 7F0CDE8E

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bashorundon(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Hi Importers! GoodMorning. To order for your Original 10400mah Xiaomi Powerbanks, call/whatsapp 08067864475 and 08097391641. Thank you.

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mrnicho: 8:33am On Sep 26, 2014
A friend of I want to ship some cars part from USA pls any intresting buyer pls call this number 08067417582 let's talk beter
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Gentlesoul1(m): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2014
Someone should please track this for me.
RN063064603CN (China Post). Thank you
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Thespecialone(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
texaco1: but what stop him from going to zenith bank nigeria to ask those questions and first hand answers and information?
sorry to say this but those customer care folks at the banks are largely ignorant about questions like this. He has a better chance of getting an answer here. I think Zenith Bank MasterCard users are not popular on these streets hence he has not received a reply.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mavinc4u(f): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2014
texaco1: you have a point .then how will u go about it,the banks don't know ,people are tired of that question so they won't answer it and the sites u want to shop on won't convert it. The best thing to do is to have a base exchange rate which will and can accomodate any fluctuations .that is what business men do all over the world. Instead of asking for exchange rates on a daily basis just fix one . The naira has been between 165 to 167 for sometime . Why don't u just fix ur rate at 170 or 171 to a dollar.that is what I always do,my exchange rate has always been 170 to a dollar so that my calculations can absorb any fluctuations. Make all ur calculations on a base exchange rate ,even the shipment we did last week was based on a base figure and we got it. This is business and in business you must make accomodations for changes and be prepared for them

Interesting, your write up would have been wonderful if the lady asked the question for a business purpose, she probably wants to get some personal effect online and she thought the best place to get that is a thread like this so is always good to handle every one with a general mindset instead of a business mindset. As for myself that asked a related question earlier; i was not even concerned about the exchange rate but was concerned about irregularities happening on a bank card in the name of exchange rate that would have opened the eyes of many using their card. what happens when you fix your rate at $171 and you were later charged $175 or $180? would you not ask questions to understand what is happening or would you keep quiet? In as much as business personnel takes risk in business, they also need information about the risk they want to take to balance the equation. why did you think a thread like this was created https://www.nairaland.com/68738/how-much-did-exchange-dollar/85 . we are in an I.T world where some bank I.T guys can decide to set a different exchange rate for you other than what other customers are being charged and you can only know about that if you have your information at hand. At times we draw conclusion without knowing the reason behind a question. is just a matter of typing three digit number for her if you know it or probably tell her no idea.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by texaco1: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2014
mavinc4u:

Interesting, your write up would have been wonderful if the lady asked the question for a business purpose, she probably wants to get some personal effect online and she thought the best place to get that is a thread like this so is always good to handle every one with a general mindset instead of a business mindset. As for myself that asked a related question earlier; i was not even concerned about the exchange rate but was concerned about irregularities happening on a bank card in the name of exchange rate that would have opened the eyes of many using their card. what happens when you fix your rate at $171 and you were later charged $175 or $180? would you not ask questions to understand what is happening or would you keep quiet? In as much as business personnel takes risk in business, they also need information about the risk they want to take to balance the equation. why did you think a thread like this was created https://www.nairaland.com/68738/how-much-did-exchange-dollar/85 . we are in an I.T world where some bank I.T guys can decide to set a different exchange rate for you other than what other customers are being charged and you can only know about that if you have your information at hand. At times we draw conclusion without knowing the reason behind a question. is just a matter of typing three digit number for her if you know it or probably tell her no idea.
even governments base their budget on base levels and exchange rates. You can't run a successful enterprise by moving up and down like a yoyo . How will a business be able to make a forecast if they have to be asking exchange rates everyday? If you are buying for urself or for business the best practise is not to use the bank rate as a standard but the parallel market rate which is the black market. When I was in ghana I learnt this trick from nigerian traders buying from there . They will always ask what is the black market rate before going there. If the bank rate is 150 and the black market is 180 it is the black market rate one will use . You will have to add some amount again to it to accommodate and exchange increase . Which means the exchange will be 183. This is just an example .even banks do this all the time,if u make a wu transfer to nigeria ,the banks will pay the recipient at their own rate Or cbn rate ,but if u want to buy from them u will notice that it will almost be the same as the black market rate. If you are doing importation business it is most advisable not to use bank rates for calculations but parallel market rate

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by delesule(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Good day all.
Wish you success as you carry on with your importation business.
This is to introduce to you the one of the best intermediary logistics company in town
Rizmunaf global logistics for more info about them pls visit their thread https://www.nairaland.com/1921061/rizmunaf-global-logistic-rgl
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
texaco1: you have a point .then how will u go about it,the banks don't know ,people are tired of that question so they won't answer it and the sites u want to shop on won't convert it. The best thing to do is to have a base exchange rate which will and can accomodate any fluctuations .that is what business men do all over the world. Instead of asking for exchange rates on a daily basis just fix one . The naira has been between 165 to 167 for sometime . Why don't u just fix ur rate at 170 or 171 to a dollar.that is what I always do,my exchange rate has always been 170 to a dollar so that my calculations can absorb any fluctuations. Make all ur calculations on a base exchange rate ,even the shipment we did last week was based on a base figure and we got it. This is business and in business you must make accomodations for changes and be prepared for them

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
mavinc4u:

I hope you know banks cannot charge Credit/Debit cards at the same exchange rate as you see on Google

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by btenkobo(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
Destination Country -
Nigeria: Tracking Consuming:10406 Millisecond
Origin Country -
Netherlands: Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond , Cache Time:2014/09/26 13:01:14 2014-09-26 07:15, The item is at
the PostNL sorting center
2014-09-19 04:00, The item is pre-
advised

some1 shuld plz tel me d meanin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by thierryopj: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Happy weekend fellow importers.. .Enjoy your weekend ....
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by lifestyle1(m): 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Zenith Bank charges more than the black market rate.(#177 to 1$) stay away from them.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
lifestyle1: Zenith Bank charges more than the black market rate.(#177 to 1$) stay away from them.

Jesus!

For me, I use 170/$1 for every transaction irrespective of the bank I'm using to make the payment. The thing is this, you will be charge different amount even if you use the card to pay for an item this time, same day!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by darmochy1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Brand new (in box) Galaxy S5 With Air Gesture Support for Just 38k. Huge.discount for resellers. Pay-on-delivery. Free delivery nationwide. Check our thread to place your order:

https://www.nairaland.com/1921327/special-offer-brand-new-galaxy-s5
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Goldenboy842(m): 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
Please i can not find Tecno fones on Aliexpress.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
darmochy1: Brand new (in box) Galaxy S5 With Air Gesture Support for Just 38k. Huge.discount for resellers. Pay-on-delivery. Free delivery nationwide. Check our thread to place your order:

https://www.nairaland.com/1921327/special-offer-brand-new-galaxy-s5

Why sell a knock-off as original, smh. Nairalanders should be beware

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mavinc4u(f): 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
ExclusiveD: Pls guys whats d current exchange rate for zenith bank naira master card?....does it work well on aliexpress?

lifestyle1: Zenith Bank charges more than the black market rate.(#177 to 1$) stay away from them.

you are great. you have answered her question so i guess she would be happy now. A simple question with a Simple answer.

Promhize:
I hope you know banks cannot charge Credit/Debit cards at the same exchange rate as you see on Google

lol, promhize, it seems you didn't read all my messages or you probably quote the wrong person. the question you asked me was the same reply i sent to texaco1. see below.

mavinc4u:

texaco1: even governments base their budget on base levels and exchange rates. You can't run a successful enterprise by moving up and down like a yoyo . How will a business be able to make a forecast if they have to be asking exchange rates everyday? If you are buying for urself or for business the best practise is not to use the bank rate as a standard but the parallel market rate which is the black market. When I was in ghana I learnt this trick from nigerian traders buying from there . They will always ask what is the black market rate before going there. If the bank rate is 150 and the black market is 180 it is the black market rate one will use . You will have to add some amount again to it to accommodate and exchange increase . Which means the exchange will be 183. This is just an example .even banks do this all the time,if u make a wu transfer to nigeria ,the banks will pay the recipient at their own rate Or cbn rate ,but if u want to buy from them u will notice that it will almost be the same as the black market rate. If you are doing importation business it is most advisable not to use bank rates for calculations but parallel market rate

Nice one. you have given yourself the answer to all the tutorial in bold. Everything boils down to ask and get the information. As a business man, you have the parallel market to ask to get your rate and as an individual who needs personal stuff online; she has a thread like this to get her rate. A business personnel does not take risk without having the information about the risk
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by delesule(m): 7:36am On Sep 27, 2014
Rizmunaf is an intermediary logistics company.
Our services Are very efficient and cost effective.
Our services include pickup within Lagos metropolis only,and
delivery anywhere in the country.
We also serve as middlemen between you and your customer .In
case of goods that requires payment on delivery
WE also have procurement arm where we pay on your behalf.
On your request we can do quality check on product
We deliver 24hr - 48hr after pickup barring any unforseen
circumstances
We use most of the notable transport companies in the country to
send packages outside of Lagos
For Enquiries and Pricing check our contact Address below
5,Faro str.Ijora-Oloye
Ijora 7UP
Apapa, Lagos
07056894549(whassapp)
BBM 7EF68BC1
EMAIL:suleimonb@gmail.com
CONTACT PERSON :Bamidele Sulaimon
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Agustephenogwo: 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Gentlesoul1: Someone should please track this for me.
RN063064603CN (China Post). Thank you
17.09.2014 16:42 DàZōngYóuJiànShōuJìChùLǐ Center Accepted from sender Ní日LìYà
17.09.2014 16:42 300399 Accepted from sender Nigeria
18.09.2014 08:35 Tianjin International Arrived at sorting center
18.09.2014 09:58 Tianjin International Left sorting center
19.09.2014 19:27 Beijing International Arrived at sorting center
20.09.2014 12:27 Beijing Send item abroad (Export) Nigeria
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Tweetums(f): 9:33am On Sep 28, 2014
Agustephenogwo:
17.09.2014 16:42 DàZōngYóuJiànShōuJìChùLǐ Center Accepted from sender Ní日LìYà
17.09.2014 16:42 300399 Accepted from sender Nigeria
18.09.2014 08:35 Tianjin International Arrived at sorting center
18.09.2014 09:58 Tianjin International Left sorting center
19.09.2014 19:27 Beijing International Arrived at sorting center
20.09.2014 12:27 Beijing Send item abroad (Export) Nigeria
on the way coming to Nigeria
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shedyman: 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
Someone should kindly track this for me: RM603002191CN(China post). Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by darmochy1(m): 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Promhize:

Why sell a knock-off as original, smh. Nairalanders should be beware
Beware of what? Did I ask for any deposit or u didn't see the 'pay-on-delivery' option or u don't kow the meaning of 'clone'
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Gentlesoul1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
@Agust... And @Tweetum thanks to you guys. I have been reading item sent abroad on the tracking sites since 20th September till today.
Please how will it take to get to Nigeria? Today is 28th of September. Please answer me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by eph12(m): 4:41am On Sep 29, 2014
Gentlesoul1: @Agust... And @Tweetum thanks to you guys. I have been reading item sent abroad on the tracking sites since 20th September till today.
Please how will it take to get to Nigeria? Today is 28th of September. Please answer me. Thanks
Once it gets to Lagos, Nigeria, you'll get an update. Just know that there's nothing wrong with your item. Be patient bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.