Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev (7978 Views)

Azeez Ashake Shot Dead In Isale-Eko / Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by watchinglagos: 2:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
As we inch pile after pile, beam of steel after beam of steel, you can be sure we will deliver the project, he says.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Sunday inspected the on-going urban regeneration residential development in Isale Gangan, Central Lagos assuring that although there would be challenges ahead, his administration was not looking back in its drive to deliver the project.
The Isale Gangan Residential Development is an 11-storey, 54-flat housing project being developed by the Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency in the historic Isale Gangan area in Central Lagos. The 11-Floor development being done with the agreement of all the families who owned the small pieces of land used for it would comprise of two floors for parking, two and three bedroom flats, two lifts, staircases and escape staircases among other features.
Fielding questions from newsmen after the inspection, Governor Fashola said although there are challenges on the way to the completion , the important thing was that the project has moved from a dream to a plan and from a plan to reality adding that the structure was being built to ensure that it would stand the test of time.
“There are challenges ahead before the project is completed, no doubt, but the important thing is that it has moved from a dream to a plan and from a plan to reality. The race to the finish line is quite challenging but we are not looking back. And as we work pile after pile, track after track, beam of steel after beam of steel, you can be sure we will deliver the project”, the Governor assured.
Giving background information about the project, Governor Fashola, who said the area suffered collapse of buildings several years back, pointed out that the unfortunate incident created an opportunity for his administration to decide to renew the area and put some solid residential structures in place.
“Some of the developments here were done during the “developers’’ era” when foundations came up in the night and five years later the building collapsed”, the Governor said adding that the space for the project was created from small pieces of land whose owners merged together for the housing development which, when completed, will revert to the land owners.
“We encouraged the families who own small pieces of land in this place to merge together in one piece and we helped them form an agreement so we can create space and build this place for them with all the amenities which will enable them live the kind of life they have been used to, have parties and so on, drive in and park their cars in their homes”, the Governor further explained.
According to the Governor, “this place will be a residential home for all of the families who own small pieces of land here. Each of them now has an apartment here instead of the small piece which cannot contain a house. We have helped them merge into this very big space so their lands are now in the vertical space. We have relocated them to Ipaja so that after the completion of this project those who want to return here can do so but those who do not want to return can let theirs out. But each family that owns land here has already been resettled”.
“These are some of the resettlement schemes that we do that we do not make too much noise about; but the beneficiaries know it and they understand it”, Governor Fashola said.
Assuring that the project would be structurally stable, the Governor declared, “The more difficult work is already almost completed, piling to secure the structural stability of the house. You can see the type of construction, the type of piling, over 200 piles already here and more to come. There are piles that have gone as deep as 27 metres here and you can see the width and diameter, so you can see this is a building that cannot collapse”.
The 11-floor residential building, being constructed by Anatolia International Limited, consists of nine residential floors with a total of 54 flats made up of 36 2-bedroom flats and 18 3-bedroom flats. Each floor contains six flats made up of four 2-bedroom flats and two 3-bedroom flats while the ground and first floors are for parking lots.
Governor Fashola, who was conducted round the project by the Managing Director of the construction company, Mr. Chahid Raffoul, was accompanied on the tour by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Olufemi Hamzat among other top government officials as well as community leaders and residents who turned out to welcome the Governor.

http://www.watchinglagos.com/2013/02/fashola-inspects-11-floor-54-flat-isale.html

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Gbawe: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
Drastic urbanisation means , for Lagos, "the only way is up".

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
Gbawe: Drastic urbanisation means , for Lagos, "the only way is up".
Someone posted the comment below:

Re: Jonathan Is Working, Haters Are Talking! (New Images Are Added Daily) by Tippy Top ( m ): 5:38pm
Known paid ACN activist on Nairaland (This list is by no means exhaustive). They get paid but are the first to accuse any one of being a paid agent
Gbawe
dayokanu
Rhino.5dm
demdem
take dat
Orikinla
More names to come but the above names quickly came to mind.
Whatever you do, don't take the above people serious, they're only here to further the cause of Tinubu.
( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Like )

True or false?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Gbawe: 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Re: Jonathan Is Working, Haters Are Talking! (New Images Are Added Daily) by Tippy Top ( m ): 5:38pm
Known paid ACN activist on Nairaland (This list is by no means exhaustive). They get paid but are the first to accuse any one of being a paid agent
Gbawe
dayokanu
Rhino.5dm
demdem
take dat
Orikinla
Whatever you do, don't take the above people serious, they're only here to further the cause of Tinubu.

True or false?

Bruv, better be careful. You talk like an insecure, highly-strung emotional mess to me. You reek of self-esteem issues. The sort prone to developing stress-related ailments. I would urge you to take it easy for the sake of your own health wink

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Rhino5dm: 7:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Damn! I love the sight of those RC columns and structural ReBars.

Sai Fashola! cool
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by geeez: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2013
Eko o ni baje! Everywhere else can
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
Residential? Is Lagos suppose to invest in that now?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing but is this what Lagos needs now? Building houses?

That money should be used for something else. Unless Fashola wants to encourage home developers to adopt building mutil storey buildings which is good.

May be this is a model for home developers to follow i.e if they see that the multi storey homes cost less overall and have more profit plus better use of scarce land, they will jump on it too.. If so, then good but if LSG plans some long term home construction project thing, it's going to be a total waste..
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Bruv, better be careful. You talk like an insecure, highly-strung emotional mess to me. You reek of self-esteem issues. The sort prone to developing stress-related ailments. I would urge you to take it easy for the sake of your own health wink
So na true. Smh!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by doja(m): 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
This is definitely a model for home developers to follow. By the time other families and developers c the success of this they would be encouraged to come together to do something similar and in 15 to 20 years time structures like this will be so common on the island. i am already seeing an image of a restructured Isale Eko,Idun Tafa, Idun ganran et al in my head..... God bless ACN

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by teskyg: 11:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
If you like build world trade center.You will be drag on the street of Lagos after you leave power.We know all this show off is for 2015.You can't even deliver Lagos now.
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by 4va3sa22na(f): 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
teskyg: If you like build world trade center.You will be drag on the street of Lagos after you leave power.We know all this show off is for 2015.You can't even deliver Lagos now.
Am I the only one who thinks you're irredeemably f00lish??

24 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2013
4va3sa22na:
Am I the only one who thinks you're irredeemably f00lish??
no,Brother,you're not wallai
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Gbawe
dayokanu
Rhino.5dm
demdem
take dat
Orikinla
When insecure people like you come across things they cannot challenge logically,they always do stupid things like what you have just done to divert attention from the matter at hand.
True or false?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Omen100(m): 9:13am On Feb 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Gbawe
dayokanu
Rhino.5dm
demdem
take dat
Orikinla

True or false?

unsencere 9nigga, its high time u give up, like i have told u b4 na that u are nothing compared to beaf but beaf lost it, see ya.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by 9icest: 9:28am On Feb 07, 2013
Nor mind unsincere Nigerian. His governor Chime has been in God-know where for months. To them, BRF is the worst disease pervading lagos.
They have sooo many terms....Tinubu, etc...anyways, una try.... Eko 2 Sure!

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Joey82(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2013
looks to me like same picture taken from different directions.
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Delafruita(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2013
Joey82: looks to me like same picture taken from different directions.
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 07, 2013
Fashola is working...Do Not Disturb.I so love this guy!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by MusicCafe: 9:48am On Feb 07, 2013
0lumide: Residential? Is Lagos suppose to invest in that now?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing but is this what Lagos needs now? Building houses?

That money should be used for something else. Unless Fashola wants to encourage home developers to adopt building mutil storey buildings which is good.

May be this is a model for home developers to follow i.e if they see that the multi storey homes cost less overall and have more profit plus better use of scarce land, they will jump on it too.. If so, then good but if LSG plans some long term home construction project thing, it's going to be a total waste..
You are joking right How can you can you say, for your life that building houses is not what Lagos needs now? where do you live? you are a joker right...you don't know what it means to have somewhere to sleep in Lagos...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by OluEmmaAss: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2013
11 floors for a public residential building! What if another administration comes into power and doesn't help them with maintenance?
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by ba7man(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2013
This is the wisest solution to the problem of substandard houses in that area. I used to visit that part of Lagos Island b4 the traders and quack developers came and also stayed there a bit when i was younger. They swooped in and turn the location into a large ghetto with their ill planned, shoddy buildings. The buildings were so close u could touch the next building thru your window. Those buildings have to go. Anyone that criticizes this move lacks understanding of the true situation.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Demdem(m): 9:53am On Feb 07, 2013
Good development., good pictures also
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by AjanleKoko: 9:54am On Feb 07, 2013

I sure thank my stars that you ain't the guv'nor grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Reference(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2013
Gbawe: Drastic urbanisation means , for Lagos, "the only way is up".

Totally agree. And I'm totally in favour of land owners coming together to do joint developments to maximise their land value. Down with building back to back. Combine your lands and have enough space for parking, nature and air. I hope Portharcourt residents can take a cue.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by AjanleKoko: 9:58am On Feb 07, 2013
Reference:

Totally agree. And I'm totally in favour of land owners coming together to do joint developments to maximise their land value. Down with building back to back. Combine your lands and have enough space for parking, nature and air. I hope Portharcourt residents can take a cue.

There's actually legislation to that effect, for Ikoyi. Anything that is torn down must be replaced by a block of flats.
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Reference(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
11 floors for a public residential building! What if another administration comes into power and doesn't help them with maintenance?

It costs more to maintain urban sprawl.
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Reference(m): 10:01am On Feb 07, 2013
AjanleKoko:

There's actually legislation to that effect, for Ikoyi. Anything that is torn down must be replaced by a block of flats.

That's good.

By the way. What was that out of character thingy in the soccer section yesterday.
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by femmy2010(m): 10:04am On Feb 07, 2013
teskyg: If you like build world trade center.You will be drag on the street of Lagos after you leave power.We know all this show off is for 2015.You can't even deliver Lagos now.

Guess you are from another planet.
Way to go Gov Fashola.
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by AjanleKoko: 10:14am On Feb 07, 2013
Reference:

That's good.

By the way. What was that out of character thingy in the soccer section yesterday.

Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Scarpon(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2013
eko oni baje
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by amobii: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2013

I think there is nothin bad in housing development considering the rent in Lags now, it would reduce demand on housing .
Re: Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev by Gbawe: 10:44am On Feb 07, 2013
Omen100:

unsencere 9nigga, its high time u give up, like i have told u b4 na that u are nothing compared to beaf but beaf lost it, see ya.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That insecure9gerian guy is a shameless troll.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Vows To Complete Lagos-badagry Expressway Expansion By 2019 / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar / The "Buhari" That Returned May Be His "Clone". Science Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.