Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,741 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? (19483 Views)

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / Is It Advisable For Couples To Watch Sex Videos To Improve Their Sex Lives? / A 27-year-old Man Havingsexual Intercourse Withchicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by moneyhungry(m): 9:48pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: I wonder what this has to do with this post,must u comment?
don't mind dat cattle.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by everyday: 9:59pm On May 10, 2013
Its good if you get your own place but first seek consent from your parents.Do not claim a vagabond independence.Let them bless you first before you leave

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by MaziOmenuko: 10:03pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: pls fellow nairalanders dont just view this post<pls leave a word for your bruv<i really need them cos i am quite stuck

@27, a graduate and employed, yet you ask if you're to move!

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, take that bold step brother and you will never regret it.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by KayDee4: 10:08pm On May 10, 2013
Na wah o
see people equating "moving out of your parents'" to maturity and being responsible. I know people who live on their own but have still failed to grow up and act responsibly.
@OP , there's no point rushing out of your parent's house if they are not chasing you out and you're not financially ready to live on your own.
Ignore the comments from people calling you a shameless 'child' or comparing you to their younger siblings, weigh the cost of commuting to work (financial & physical) against the cost of moving out and decide for yourself.
Some people rush to move out early all in the name of "big boyism" and end up broke and hungry at the end of every month after paying rent and bills, then run back home like prodigal children.
If you're ready to move, explain the issue of proximity to work and the need for privacy to them, I don't think they will have a problem with that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by ebereone: 10:12pm On May 10, 2013
Jellitah: Whatcha duuuu'nnnn witcha parents at age 27? undecided
If cost is the issue, please say so. Any parent will be toooooo 'appy to be rid if a 27 year-old. Who should be supporting who? undecided

You do NOT need your parents' consent or permission. YOU ARE AN ADULT! kiss
yes I agree with u ok
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:13pm On May 10, 2013
Beautiful responses
But brother may I ask you your priority for now Is it privacy or savings?
Because the way I en vision this. I was of the view that you are of the thought that your have arrived having secured a job and received 50k where some of your friends are yet to show evidence of their graduation
Trust me brother
Get this right before moving out
I wish you the best in your life endeavours

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by prince4pro(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2013
see This kin question oo
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 10, 2013
DICKtator:
You know,you should cum to my place one of these days. You visit mine and i visit yours!!!!
P.S: We won't sleep at night cos the night is always young. Perhaps during the daytime wink wink wink wink
grin grin grin grin
hahahaha you are really living up to your name.you are a real DICK.tator cheesy why you wan visit me :p sorry men are not allowed in my home.its a female abode.cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by technokid(m): 10:36pm On May 10, 2013
hmmmm...I am 29 and hvnt moved 4rm my dad's house which is very big in lagos tho and i live here alone,my parents dnt live here in lagos.I actually completed the house here in lagos with my money.i am also building a house 4 myself in progress,Now I'm I suppose to leave my dad's house with nobody living in it because I am old enuf to rent a house or Is this thread just abt having privacy irrespective of d condition?
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by ManTiger(m): 10:38pm On May 10, 2013
another product of Private University, still dey seek consent.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Tonyblinky(m): 10:49pm On May 10, 2013
Kay-Dee:
Na wah o
see people equating "moving out of your parents'" to maturity and being responsible. I know people who live on their own but have still failed to grow up and act responsibly.
@OP , there's no point rushing out of your parent's house if they are not chasing you out and you're not financially ready to live on your own.
Ignore the comments from people calling you a shameless 'child' or comparing you to their younger siblings, weigh the cost of commuting to work (financial & physical) against the cost of moving out and decide for yourself.
Some people rush to move out early all in the name of "big boyism" and end up broke and hungry at the end of every month after paying rent and bills, then run back home like prodigal children.
If you're ready to move, explain the issue of proximity to work and the need for privacy to them, I don't think they will have a problem with that.
nice advice,you sound very mature,thanks.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: nice advice,you sound very mature,thanks.
seems like youve already made up your mind on what you want to hear.anyway its your decision but as for me o shewa.the day i stepped out of my parents house years back.i have not looked back,changed my mind or ran back home because i crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's.the only time i come home is when my mom calls me that she has missed me,i should come home or the house help has gone to his house,i need you to help me around the house till he comes back,thats when i go home and sometimes my dad or my mom gives me t.fare to go back to my base and sometimes they dont but i never ask them unless they give me out of their volition.sometimes sef mummy will say pack rice na and i will be like i dont want to carry too much load you know am still going far. its not an issue of forming big boyism or big girlism,its a part of growing up.if youre still feeling reluctant to go out when you already have a job,when will you.you dont know age3o is around the corner,it is silently and gradually creeping in.if you keep staying with daddy and mummy,you wont know when you will be 3o.look around this thread and you will see boys way younger than you are living independently.even that smallee they call davido sef stays on his own.let me even ask you a question,when agro caaa2ched you,where do you always do the do? You take her to your parents hous e or hotel.save yourself all this yama yama and get your own apartment.infact its even embarassing for a man of your age to openly say he still stays with his parents.my dear its something to be ashamed of.even men younger than you are are married.i hope you sha dont sit at the back of your parents car when they are driving to church on sundays like some 5 year old kid...ish

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by UncleJJ(m): 11:25pm On May 10, 2013
who dey chase you for the house, he much is 50k per.month bros.... no let this small girls decieve you save money and move to a good area. not one shanty town.

this is Africa, their are multi millionaires who still live in their family houses.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 10, 2013
UncleJJ: who dey chase you for the house, he much is 50k per.month bros.... no let this small girls decieve you save money and move to a good area. not one shanty town.

this is Africa, THERE ARE MULTIMILLIONAIRES WHO STILL LIVE IN THEIR FAMILY HOUSES .
biko give example and if such is true,then that person no get shame.the day them dey share shame,e no dey around and by the way is it not better for him to live in a shanty house than for him to be going to work from a far distance which is his parents house.its not like he will live there forever moreover he will have his own privacy and space. And then again even if they are not driving him away shey shame no suppose to dey catch am say a full grown man dey live with im parents.that aside. you are telling him not to mind all those 'small small girls'.well the small girl is her own cook,cleaner,payer of her electricity bill,laundry woman etc.the small girl is not living with daddy and mummy,she is learning how to live and survive on her own without mummy and daddy,so tell me who the 'small girls or small boys' are.smh
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by heisenberg33: 11:52pm On May 10, 2013
@ Poster, most people here are nudging you on to go live alone with that meager amount, but you would be the one feeling the pains when you start wearing the shoe. Most people giving you "Utopian" examples of how they left home at "so so and so age" did not have this kind of opportunity you are having, if they did they would have chosen the option that would make them save more money. Do you know the costs of living alone?? Most people tend to think privacy is a test of masculinity, my dear nothing could be further from the truth. You are not trying to prove any point to anyone. I could make a wild conjecture that maybe you have a girlfriend, and hence the need for a "so-called privacy". I will sincerely advise you to think more of saving your money, you are imagining that maybe 50k can do a lot of things, but as soon as you leave your home, a cold reality will down on you. I can imagine most females will tell you about privacy, girls always want their guys to stay alone so they can come in and out, so it is not surprising to see all of them telling you to leave your family home but you do not need that now, you should be thinking of saving and making money and not privacy. These same girls would even leave you when your 50k has been depleted and you are cash-strapped. What makes you a man in Nigeria is not privacy but money. Why should you even be in a hurry to start paying bills?? You should be kicking the can further down the road instead of bringing it closer to you. If you had no family in Benin, then it would have made sense renting a house, but here is an opportunity for you to save but you are talking of privacy. I would have seen reasons with you if your main reason was for the distance, but it appears that is secondary on your scale.

My advise is, take this proximity of your job to your family home as a time for savings, you would not have this opportunity for long, 50k is indeed a paltry sum, and you would always have your time for paying bills if that is what you desperately want to do. Being mature is not a function of privacy. If you are mature, you are irrespective of where/how you live

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Tonyblinky(m): 12:03am On May 11, 2013
kulyie: seems like youve already made up your mind on what you want to hear.anyway its your decision but as for me o shewa.the day i stepped out of my parents house years back.i have not looked back,changed my mind or ran back home because i crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's.the only time i come home is when my mom calls me that she has missed me,i should come home or the house help has gone to his house,i need you to help me around the house till he comes back,thats when i go home and sometimes my dad or my mom gives me t.fare to go back to my base and sometimes they dont but i never ask them unless they give me out of their volition.sometimes sef mummy will say pack rice na and i will be like i dont want to carry too much load you know am still going far. its not an issue of forming big boyism or big girlism,its a part of growing up.if youre still feeling reluctant to go out when you already have a job,when will you.you dont know age3o is around the corner,it is silently and gradually creeping in.if you keep staying with daddy and mummy,you wont know when you will be 3o.look around this thread and you will see boys way younger than you are living independently.even that smallee they call davido sef stays on his own.let me even ask you a question,when agro caaa2ched you,where do you always do the do? You take her to your parents hous e or hotel.save yourself all this yama yama and get your own apartment.infact its even embarassing for a man of your age to openly say he still stays with his parents.my dear its something to be ashamed of.even men younger than you are are married.i hope you sha dont sit at the back of your parents car when they are driving to church on sundays like some 5 year old kid...ish
na wa for u o,you just dey release the bombs like say I propose marriage to you,hahahaha,sincerely speaking I am working towards that now, but I ve got fears like the pay is small and I cant live a comfortable live as such,I see my job as part time cos aint satisfied with it,I am underemployed,I still search for job alot,so dont be too hard on me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 12:04am On May 11, 2013
me i wonder oh... check this out www.linjust..com ...only for adult please.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Tonyblinky(m): 12:14am On May 11, 2013
linjust: me i wonder oh... check this out www.linjust..com ...only for adult please.
wonder for your life abi your junk/spam?
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by viruz007(m): 12:19am On May 11, 2013
@ OP Please your decision to want to move out is a good one. I encourage it as i am doing it myself. I have my privacy and again am not in the same state with my folks. So i encourage your moving out. Cheers man
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 12:38am On May 11, 2013
Jellitah: Whatcha duuuu'nnnn witcha parents at age 27? undecided
If cost is the issue, please say so. Any parent will be toooooo 'appy to be rid if a 27 year-old. Who should be supporting who? undecided

You do NOT need your parents' consent or permission. YOU ARE AN ADULT! kiss
Well, im 27 and I stay with my folks. My dad would be very shattered if I ever try staying outside our home

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 12:42am On May 11, 2013
sanniemoe:
Well, im 27 and I stay with my folks. My dad would be very shattered if I ever try staying outside our home

Yea, that's the reason why you're still living at home; to spare daddy's feelings.

Get out, go and build your own family.

Olorun maje!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 12:44am On May 11, 2013
technokid: hmmmm...I am 29 and hvnt moved 4rm my dad's house which is very big in lagos tho and i live here alone,my parents dnt live here in lagos.I actually completed the house here in lagos with my money.i am also building a house 4 myself in progress,Now I'm I suppose to leave my dad's house with nobody living in it because I am old enuf to rent a house or Is this thread just abt having privacy irrespective of d condition?
U are a big boy so u need not to contribute.what the Op is asking is, with his chicken feed salary, wld it be advisable 4 him 2 move out of his father's dungeon cos of his thirst for privacy
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 12:51am On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yea, that's the reason why you're still living at home; to spare daddy's feelings.

Get out, go and build your own family.

Olorun maje!
Armed with Mba, Pgd, B ed.i never smell any job since I graduated so I took employment in his company.i am d first of 7kids.. initially, I wan dey form James Bond #icansurvive but man, if a man cld sacrifice so much 4 me to have those degrees without even getting a job yet, why cant I pay him back with my attention and sight..chic, my family wld come at its time but I gotta build myself first b4 a fam
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 12:56am On May 11, 2013
sanniemoe:
Armed with Mba, Pgd, B ed.i never smell any job since I graduated so I took employment in his company.i am d first of 7kids.. initially, I wan dey form James Bond #icansurvive but man, if a man cld sacrifice so much 4 me to have those degrees without even getting a job yet, why cant I pay him back with my attention and sight..chic, my family wld come at its time but I gotta build myself first b4 a fam

You don't have to live with him to pay him back. You're a grown man and you have a job.
You can build yourself in your own appt.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 2:00am On May 11, 2013
All dis yahoo n malay boys too dey form self employed,una dey maddt
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Parnassuss(m): 4:55am On May 11, 2013
Girls will be pro, guys will be against and you will be screwed if you listen to them. Personally if I were you, I'd find a co-bachelor roommate to share the rent with. Planning your life at this stage is a bloody hard, don't make it unnecessarily harder
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 5:17am On May 11, 2013
Wow @ 27 still live with parents? Only African parents allows their children live with them at that age
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by firstolalekan(m): 5:41am On May 11, 2013
[size=24pt]No angry angry angry

Wait till you clock 37. mnthcheeeewu!
[/size]
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by saintneo(m): 6:45am On May 11, 2013
@26
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by moneyhungry(m): 6:52am On May 11, 2013
i dey shame for the OP.
HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY IN ADVANCE.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by segzicres(m): 7:13am On May 11, 2013
(•̩̩̩̩͡_•̩̩̩̩͡) OP dey've finished you. Anyways I'm 25 and reading what ya'll have posted here, I shouldn't be @ any family member's place sad *sigh*. I understand d OP issues cause I've been thinking about it for 2yrs now. I understand why people have attacked him but every man needs to MAN UP AND MOVE OUT!. Next 2months max I'll move. Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Son Is A Month Old Today..(pictures). / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Wife Gives Birth To Twins After 10 Years / 6 Life Saving Tips For Running A Generator At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.