Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142704 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 7:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Titus 1:11
11 whose mouths must be stopped ; men who overthrow whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of making money.

So God now sent you and Candour and Goshen etc to liberate his flock from 'thieving pastors'?

But you never go and stop d mouths of atheists or gays or such, why only tithing?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Gombs,
If we start with testimonies, many people will be dazed. Is it about getting a brand new car even when we have the money to purchase one, is it about a trip abroad FOC and your money returned to you? Flying business class or even on economy you are treated special, Is it about getting property in a choice location without having to take a bank loan and the owner of the property just loves your family. Or having property abroad as invetment? Is it about being the one people run to for assistance and instead of getting annoyed you ask God enlarge me so I can give more? Is it giving food to help families in need, restoring people back to their families and even paying the airfare, giving out cars to people.

For us it is about what we give out and not even what we get and not just the end or the result but how it came.
God showed the people His acts but Moses His ways.
The major testimony is how these things come about, this is just a tip of testimonies.
And to think we (me and my hubby) are salary earners from our secular work.

For me it is about giving resources,. tithe, offerings, whole salaries for people and the gospel. When God knows we will spend His resources well, He gives more. It is a thing of being faithful and that is why i feel so sorry for those who do not have undertsnding of this and keep straining at the gnat.
@bold. I am sorry, if this is a boast, but with all humility i have given my whole salary not once not twice. I wonder what frosbel will term this giving as. grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Gombs,
If we start with testimonies, many people will be dazed. Is it about getting a brand new car even when we have the money to purchase one, is it about a trip abroad FOC and your money returned to you? Flying business class or even on economy you are treated special, Is it about getting property in a choice location without having to take a bank loan and the owner of the property just loves your family. Or having property abroad as invetment? Is it about being the one people run to for assistance and instead of getting annoyed you ask God enlarge me so I can give more? Is it giving food to help families in need, restoring people back to their families and even paying the airfare, giving out cars to people.

For us it is about what we give out and not even what we get and not just the end or the result but how it came.
God showed the people His acts but Moses His ways.
The major testimony is how these things come about, this is just a tip of testimonies.
And to think we (me and my hubby) are salary earners from our secular work.

For me it is about giving resources,. tithe, offerings, whole salaries for people and the gospel. When God knows we will spend His resources well, He gives more. It is a thing of being faithful and that is why i feel so sorry for those who do not have undertsnding of this and keep straining at the gnat.

The above bold got me kabashing! #Gloooooooooooory to God

Need I say more Candour?

Her last Paragraph shd close down this thread

*continues Kabashing
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2013
Bidam: @bold. I am sorry, if this is a boast, but with all humility i have given my whole salary not once not twice. I wonder what frosbel will term this giving as. grin grin

He'd call it greedy giving! grin

Or as usual refuse to believe just because NWT did not say so

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

He'd call it greedy giving! grin

Or as usual refuse to believe just because NWT did not say so
Is there any such thing as greedy giving. grin grin

Frosbel needs to make a new dictionary.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Alwaystrue(f): 8:21am On Dec 02, 2013
@Bidam,
I learnt about giving all my salary in a month once and I laughed the first time I heard it. But after laughing I talked to myself and later prayed for grace to do it. That is why I say grace is an enabler. Do you know God provided in such an amazing way?
In the church I attend now for some years now, they do not talk about giving all salary but I did not forget my experience and since then for over 5 years, a salary a year is used for people (needy and ministers) and nothing of it comes to me.

Abraham gave his all (His Isaac), and God had to swear by Himself, a blessing we all enjoy now but many cannot even give their 100% to very same poor they keep advocating for yet their hypocrisy is glaring. What is so big to give God?
If we claim God owns our all, at least let us show some of it in unrighteous mammon.

When you give to poor or the church, who do you? When you drop an offering, tithe, give alms, is it the beggar you see or God. That will determine how and why you give? So when people say tithe is giving to Pastor, what about offering thatbis also collected in church? What about the alms given to beggars or giving to needy people?

I do not like talking about myself much but decided to give a tease of it when I saw some claims.
The church and those in it give and that is why they are always in the news for their exploits and some bitter people get angry.
If you do not believe in worshipping in the church you attend, why are you even there?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Bidam,
I learnt about giving all my salary in a month once and I laughed the first time I heard it. But after laughing I talked to myself and later prayed for grace to do it. That is why I say grace is an enabler. Do you know God provided in such an amazing way?

I dey tell you!

In the church I attend now for some years now, they do not talk about giving all salary but I did not forget my experience and since then for over 5 years, a salary a year is used for people (needy and ministers) and nothing of it comes to me.

Candour, frosbel, kunle ... get a jotter and pen o!

Abraham gave his all (His Isaac), and God had to swear by Himself, a blessing we all enjoy now but many cannot even give their 100% to very same poor they keep advocating for yet their hypocrisy is glaring.
If we claim God owns our all, at least let us show some of it in unrighteous mammon.

Tell them o!.... Very hypocritical

When you give to poor or the church, who do you? Whwn you drop an offering, tithe, give alms, is it the beggar you see of God. That will determine how and why you give.

Gbam...true words

I do not like talking about myself much but decided to when I saw some claims.

Pls do o...Paul boasts of himself in the things of God

The church and those in it give and that is why they are always in the news for their exploits and some bitter people get angry.

By bitter you mean Frosbel some notable NLders like Goshen, Candour, Kunle etc
grin

If you do not believe in worshipping in the church you attend, why are you even there?

I tire o!!!!!!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 8:33am On Dec 02, 2013
Bidam: Is there any such thing as greedy giving. grin grin

Like you never know frosbel...its either greedy giving or brainwashed giving or.... grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 8:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

How many times did Jesus need die? Once right?

And you think its right to compare the work of the cross with Tithes?

That one na another topic...open a thread for it

Another topic?? why not here?

the question is if you strictly follow Abraham on tithes, how come you run to Moses for example on first fruits?

They don't exist in your mind, soul and spirit

Ok. will you believe me if i tell you i own twitter? Sure you wont so your tithing testimonies with which you encourage others must be tangible and verifiable. If they're not, then they are all lies.

Joagbaje opened a thread for you and others to make them public so why not oblige us? i trust you're not afraid to share those testimonies if they truly exist? or are you?

Unbelievable right? Try tithing and see God move like ....

My bro. Its totally unbelievable. Say it here if you've [b]EVER [/b]received gifts of cars, houses, trips abroad etc like your pastors always do. Gombs, i say you lie if you say somebody gave you a gift of a car or house or land. Prove me wrong and i'll apologize.

Which I could get to you a dvd of IPPC 2013...this december we are feeding 1million kids in 9ja alone... We have a food bank and are on food drive.... Join us make some kids have a merry christmas

i'm happy to hear about the charity to needy children.

So, GEJ is a thieve just because he's your president? And he doesn't have a business/businesses? Smh

Have you heard of code of conduct bureau? Our dear president shied away from it exactly like somebody who has plenty to hide. Even Yar'adua a muslim from a stupendously rich family declared his assets in line with Nigerian laws. If GEJ was clean, he'd have done same.

Have you also heard of a conflict of interest? If GEJ's 'businesses' do not conflict with the oath of office he swore to, then kindly tell us just as you mentioned the business of the econet guy.

And your exploits are all over google.com?

grin

My bro, i NEVER made any claims. You said you use your tithing testimonies to encourage folks to tithe so the onus on you is to prove you're more successful than hiding in a corner of a network owned by an atheist who surely doesn't tithe.

We see evidence of Oyaks(at least he started Yookos), you mentioned Econet, so which have you started so we can know the efficacy of this principle?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 8:52am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

The above bold got me kabashing! #Gloooooooooooory to God

Need I say more Candour?

Her last Paragraph shd close down this thread

*continues Kabashing

And you believe Muslims or even atheists are denied all those things Alwaystrue listed up there? They even get more. A classmate of mine in the university who didn't come out with a good grade so couldn't get a good job is a serious muslim. We still communicate as i try to assist him one way or another. He called me last 2 weeks to tell me one big guy who comes to their mosque gave him a new toyota corrolla without his asking. Is that a testimony to the power of tithe?

My dear the only thing that is different between you and them is that you have the hope of eternity and they don't. Even if its health, some of them have it better. For instance Paul Crouch of TBN died at 79 after some years of battling a heart condition while Warren Buffet, an agnostic is still going strong at 85. So how come health devourer didn't touch him but went to attack the TBN guy? or you think he didn't spend money on hospital bills?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

Candour, frosbel, kunle ... get a jotter and pen o!

I see Oyaks own, I see econet guy own(you told me o), where is your own? we are even arguing on a platform created by a non tithing atheist.

I have the jotter and pen ready my bro....oya start enumerating those blessings. However, they must be verifiable o like that of econet guy.

By bitter you mean Frosbel some notable NLders like Goshen, Candour, Kunle etc
grin

I tire o!!!!!!

No bitterness bro. Just curiosity and surprise that con men take intelligent people by the nose and lead them through a web of deceit. It's weird i tell you
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 9:03am On Dec 02, 2013
Candour:

And you think its right to compare the work of the cross with Tithes?

The similarity is they were both done in faith.

Another topic?? why not here?

Because here is about tithes and offerings...read d topic again

the question is if you strictly follow Abraham on tithes, how come you run to Moses for example on first fruits?

Open a thread for that

Ok. will you believe me if i tell you i own twitter? Sure you wont so your tithing testimonies with which you encourage others must be tangible and verifiable. If they're not, then they are all lies.

When Jesus said he was from above, folks couldn't 'verify' that too...does/did that make Jesus a liar?

Joagbaje opened a thread for you and others to make them public so why not oblige us? i trust you're not afraid to share those testimonies if they truly exist? or are you?

What if I don't want to? Cos if I did, you won't believe anyway!

My bro. Its totally unbelievable. Say it here if you've [b]EVER [/b]received gifts of cars, houses, trips abroad etc like your pastors always do. Gombs, i say you lie if you say somebody gave you a gift of a car or house or land. Prove me wrong and i'll apologize.

grin
Prove you wrong?...I shd get you tapes or documents or drive to your house? Even at that, you still won't believe!

grin

i'm happy to hear about the charity to needy children.

Have you heard of code of conduct bureau? Our dear president shied away from it exactly like somebody who has plenty to hide. Even Yar'adua a muslim from a stupendously rich family declared his assets in line with Nigerian laws. If GEJ was clean, he'd have done same.

Have you also heard of a conflict of interest? If GEJ's 'businesses' do not conflict with the oath of office he swore to, then kindly tell us just as you mentioned the business of the econet guy.

Your opinion are duly noted!
grin

My bro, i NEVER made any claims. You said you use your tithing testimonies to encourage folks to tithe so the onus on you is to prove you're more successful than hiding in a corner of a network owned by an atheist who surely doesn't tithe.

And you are now glorifying an atheist? Wonderful!

grin you shd be ashamed of you last sentence. You sure you knw Jesus?

We see evidence of Oyaks(at least he started Yookos), you mentioned Econet, so which have you started so we can know the efficacy of this principle?

We see Gates, zukerberg, etc what they've started, show us how many you started so that we can know the efficacy of anti tithing principles
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Joagbaje(m): 9:09am On Dec 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Bidam,

You want some people to faint here Oo .
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

The similarity is they were both done in faith.

And you dont do first fruits in faith?

Because here is about tithes and offerings...read d topic again

no wahala though every participant on this thread has talked about something different from tithe at one time or the other.

Open a thread for that

ok

When Jesus said he was from above, folks couldn't 'verify' that too...does/did that make Jesus a liar?

And you think you have a right to place yourself on the same pedestal as Christ? Christ said plenty things that i take by faith. You mean i should also swallow your own personal claims by faith too?

What if I don't want to? Cos if I did, you won't believe anyway!

You won't because you honestly have nothing to say. You were so quick to mention Econet, GEJ, PEJ but you suddenly can't mention yours.

You're nothing better than any non tither earning a honest living and able to pay his bills. For this, you should be grateful to God as we all are and stop mouthing very spurious claims my bro.

grin
Prove you wrong?...I shd get you tapes or documents or drive to your house? Even at that, you still won't believe!

grin

Have you received a car gift before? Dont tell me your father gave you a car o because i too bought my wife a car for birthday. I mean a total stranger gave you a car, a house, a piece of land etc.?

Your opinion are duly noted!
grin

ok

And you are now glorifying an atheist? Wonderful!

grin you shd be ashamed of you last sentence. You sure you knw Jesus?

i'm not glorifying an atheist. I'm telling the reality of you and i(Christians) discussing and arguing on a network created and sustained by an atheist. Do you want to gloss over this fact?

You should be the one ashamed that despite all your tithing, you're still struggling for space on a platform created by an unbeliever who doesn't tithe.

Jesus didn't die to give me stupendous wealth so i have nothing to be ashamed of my bro.

We see Gates, zukerberg, etc what they've started, show us how many you started so that we can know the efficacy of anti tithing principles

There is nothing like 'anti tithing principle'

Gates and Zuckerberg follow the principle of hard and smart work which God promises to bless(Prov 22:29) and its irrespective of belief or lack of. You claim to follow Tithing principle so tell us why the principle followed by atheists is more efficacious than yours?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Alwaystrue(f): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2013
cheesy @Gombs,
Are you a commentator? Lolz. Their not believing is proof of what happens when people live life in the physical and do not understand divine principles. Some blessings will seem like a lie to them.
God's principles are eternal, belief, praying, studying more about God and walking with him, which gives us the right heart and mind in the first place, giving, fasting, diligence at work and business, honesty, intergrity, staying away from sin and so much more.
All these work together to help.in abundant life and we should expect persecutions, and trials but they all work together for our good.

@Joagbaje, why should they faint? I thought they give their all, 100% cheerfully and without compulsion in the first place.
I remember where you shared how you helped that poor, naked man that was said to be mad on a thread a long time ago and people still did not believe it, infact they supposed 'advicates' of the poor started castigating you. It was proof to show it is all a show of words they claim to profess to help. By God's grace, I have picked a beggar and refugee from the street, preached to him and paid his airfare back to his family and also assist with his school fees and needs. Now these are such testimonies we should be hearing more, Isn't it?
And how is the young man now?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

Of course empty people whose existence is determined by money and materials will faint.

Those who look out for the glorious hereafter will chuckle because they know every money you have is peanuts when compared to that controlled by the children of the bondwoman for starters.

Why not call up your glorious 'tithing testimonies' thread so we can read and faint? Or is yours and Oyaks the only real evidence of tithes working while your members only have paper testimonies and the testimonies of others far away to share?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 9:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: cheesy @Gombs,
Are you a commentator? Lolz. Their not believing is proof of what happens when people live life in the physical and do not understand divine principles. Some blessings will seem like a lie to them.
God's principles are eternal, belief, praying, studying more about God and walking with him, which gives us the right heart and mind in the first place, giving, fasting, diligence at work and business, honesty, intergrity, staying away from sin and so much more.
All these work together to help.in abundant life and we should expect persecutions, and trials but they all work together for our good.

@Joagbaje, why should they faint? I thought they give their all, 100% cheerfully and without compulsion in the first place.
I remember where you shared how you helped that poor, naked man that was said to be mad on a thread a long time ago and people still did not believe it, infact they supposed 'advicates' of the poor started castigating you. It was proof to show it is all a show of words they claim to profess to help. By God's grace, I have picked a beggar and refugee from the street, preached to him and paid his airfare back to his family and also assist with his school fees and needs. Now these are such testimonies we should be hearing more, Isn't it?

@the bolded, very very good.

Those are the testimonies that we should be hearing. That is the kind of actions that Christ spent 16 verses talking about in Matt 25 not that of some corrupt politician paying tithes and reaping the national treasury or some tithe administrator counting personal jets.

Now you're really talking
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

So God now sent you and Candour and Goshen etc to liberate his flock from 'thieving pastors'?

But you never go and stop d mouths of atheists or gays or such, why only tithing?
God expects all that are His to witness to others the truth as it is written in His Word.

So tell us, Gombs, ...

Where is the command to tithe our money written in His Word? I see commands to tithe agricultural products, but not moeny. We only preach what is written in His Word. To add a monetary tithe requirement is to go beyond what He has given us in His Word.

Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Bidam: Is there any such thing as greedy giving. grin grin

Greed is wanting more and more and more and more , it is borne out of covetousness and directly linked to the tithing scam.

What sense does it make donating money to a church when you do not know what the money is used for and yet you see the needy all around you and in most cases do nothing about it.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 02, 2013
I insist that people who pay this tithe do so with the false notion that it safeguards their income , health and family. Well, I have news for you, if you are truly a child of God, God does not need your filthy money to bless you , he will bless you because of Jesus.

And a true believer will show his love for Christ by meeting the needs of his brothers and sisters . A believer will not waste resources on the building projects of MAN , i.e to build more magnificent temples and edifices to the glory of MAN.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Candour:

And you dont do first fruits in faith?

Open a thread for that

no wahala though every participant on this thread has talked about something different from tithe at one time or the other.

grin

ok

Good!

And you think you have a right to place yourself on the same pedestal as Christ? Christ said plenty things that i take by faith. You mean i should also swallow your own personal claims by faith too?
So far they are Word based....you shd believe them...don't you have pastors? grin

Don't they teach you of how their faith prevailed?

You won't because you honestly have nothing to say. You were so quick to mention Econet, GEJ, PEJ but you suddenly can't mention yours.

You're nothing better than any non tither earning a honest living and able to pay his bills. For this, you should be grateful to God as we all are and stop mouthing very spurious claims my bro.

grin grin are you saying all tithers must own mega companies? Or All tithers must be celebs?

grin

Have you received a car gift before? Dont tell me your father gave you a car o because i too bought my wife a car for birthday. I mean a total stranger gave you a car, a house, a piece of land etc.?

Why worry?.... Why e wan make you faint? grin

ok

grin

i'm not glorifying an atheist. I'm telling the reality of you and i(Christians) discussing and arguing on a network created and sustained by an atheist. Do you want to gloss over this fact?

Shame on u
grin

You should be the one ashamed that despite all your tithing, you're still struggling for space on a platform created by an unbeliever who doesn't tithe.

So this site is supposed to be atheists alone?

Why do they have a religion section? Tell seun to scrap it and see NL fall.

Again I ask, are you saying all tithers should have a social networkin site?

grin ... see confusion o

Jesus didn't die to give me stupendous wealth so i have nothing to be ashamed of my bro.

He died to give me stupendous wealth o... You sure don't know Jesus

There is nothing like 'anti tithing principle'

Oh! Really?...but you just said how non tithers blosom na

Gates and Zuckerberg follow the principle of hard and smart work which God promises to bless(Prov 22:29) and its irrespective of belief or lack of. You claim to follow Tithing principle so tell us why the principle followed by atheists is more efficacious than yours?

Proverbs 13:22
Amplified Bible (AMP)
22 A good man leaves an inheritance [of moral stability
and goodness] to his children’s children, and the wealth of the sinner [finds its way eventually] into the hands of the righteous, for whom it was laid up.

It is mainly from
this one single verse that the “wealth of the wicked” is
conjured up for divine distribution to Christians living
today.

Tell Gates, Zukerberg, Seun etc it's a matter of time!

Go study about men like Coalgate, heinz, Rockefeller, the above is still working for them...their companies are over a hundred years old and the companies are still rolling.

Gates and Zukerberg and Seun won't last 50yrs....take it from me.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: cheesy @Gombs,
Are you a commentator?

No oh!...lol...just thrilled in the spirit

Lolz. Their not believing is proof of what happens when people live life in the physical and do not understand divine principles. Some blessings will seem like a lie to them.

Exactly!... You see why we shd keep praying for them?

I hope they have their note pads n pens ready o!... Oh! I wish to God they understand the above

No mind them jare...esp tight fisted frosbel grin

God bless you jare....
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

No mind them jare...esp tight fisted frosbel grin

Pimps in the pulpit will never get a penny from me to fund their empires and life styles - cheesy

I will rather help people around me, as i currently do.

wink

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 10:49am On Dec 02, 2013
frosbel:

Pimps in the pulpit will never get a penny from me to fund their empires and life styles - cheesy

I will rather help people around me, as i currently do.

wink

I hear you
grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 10:50am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

Open a thread for that

It's a simple question. if you can't answer, no problem

grin

Good!

So far they are Word based....you shd believe them...don't you have pastors? grin

Don't they teach you of how their faith prevailed?

We are not talking about the word of God spoken by true pastors now. We are talking about your tangible visible testimonies. Or are they simply words you're speaking in faith hoping they'll materialize soon?

grin grin are you saying all tithers must own mega companies? Or All tithers must be celebs?

grin

I didn't bring up the econet guy, GEJ and PEJ into the equation. You brought them up and i wonder why you're not numbered among them?

I said you're no different from any non tither doing a honest work and earning enough to pay his bills. This makes your claims of stupendous testimonies a lie. If you feel you have anything that sets you apart like your tithing heroes, you should let us know or stop making spurious claims.

Why worry?.... Why e wan make you faint? grin

That means you don't have any of those kinds of testimonies? I always knew you were blowing plenty hot air.

Shame on u
grin

You should bow your head in shame for lying you're more successful than you really are. You're no different from the average jones on the street. Go ahead with your tithing but quit the lies of having testimonies that exist only on paper.

Seun is good at what he does which makes it possible for you and i to chat whenever we choose to. I see no shame in applauding him.

So this site is supposed to be atheists alone?

Why do they have a religion section? Tell seun to scrap it and see NL fall.

Again I ask, are you saying all tithers should have a social networkin site?

grin ... see confusion o

The guy needs the money so he won't scrap it. You too needs the opportunity to post here so you should humbly utilise the opportunity he's given you and stop making mouth about status you don't have. If you and i leave NL today, the guy won't notice

He died to give me stupendous wealth o... You sure don't know Jesus

Really?? and i ask again, where is the evidence of this stupendous wealth? is it around now or you're speaking by faith? meanwhile see what you said on this same post

Gombs: grin grin are you saying all tithers must own mega companies? Or All tithers must be celebs?

grin

If Jesus died to give you stupendous wealth, then you must own mega companies and be a well known celeb which is why you even posted about econet, PEJ and GEJ. So where do you fall?

Oh! Really?...but you just said how non tithers blosom na

So its due to 'anti tithing principle'? Who ever told you that?

Proverbs 13:22
Amplified Bible (AMP)
22 A good man leaves an inheritance [of moral stability
and goodness] to his children’s children, and the wealth of the sinner [finds its way eventually] into the hands of the righteous, for whom it was laid up.

It is mainly from
this one single verse that the “wealth of the wicked” is
conjured up for divine distribution to Christians living
today.

Tell Gates, Zukerberg, Seun etc it's a matter of time!

Go study about men like Coalgate, heinz, Rockefeller, the above is still working for them...their companies are over a hundred years old and the companies are still rolling.

Gates and Zukerberg and Seun won't last 50yrs....take it from me.

oh i see.... So you're only waiting around so that possibly you might inherit Seun abi?

Gates is already 58 years old and Buffet is 85. Even OBJ outlived Paul Crouch and is still making waves at over 80 or is he an example of a tither too?

Any business run well will last long my friend. Ford, Benz, JPMorgan Chase,TATA, Disney, Eni, Shell, Chevron etc have been existing for ages and they are still here because they're well run not because of Tithes.

Oceanic and Intercontinental were founded by Notable tithers who not only lost their investments but were convicted for stealing. What do you have to say about that?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 10:51am On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds: God expects all that are His to witness to others the truth as it is written in His Word.

So tell us, Gombs, ...

Where is the command to tithe our money written in His Word? I see commands to tithe agricultural products, but not moeny. We only preach what is written in His Word. To add a monetary tithe requirement is to go beyond what He has given us in His Word.

Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

This is the 105th page...if you still didn't get answer to your above question, you'd have to wait till we get to heaven.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 10:54am On Dec 02, 2013
frosbel: I insist that people who pay this tithe do so with the false notion that it safeguards their income , health and family. Well, I have news for you, if you are truly a child of God, God does not need your filthy money to bless you , he will bless you because of Jesus.

And a true believer will show his love for Christ by meeting the needs of his brothers and sisters . A believer will not waste resources on the building projects of MAN , i.e to build more magnificent temples and edifices to the glory of MAN.

grin

Your opinion is duly noted.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

This is the 105th page...if you still didn't get answer to your above question, you'd have to wait till we get to heaven.
liars won't make it to heaven. Their destination is the lake of fire.

So, I ask again. where is the Scripture that says we are to tithe our money?

Proverbs 30:6 (KJV) 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 11:27am On Dec 02, 2013
Candour:
oh i see.... So you're only waiting around so that
possibly you might inherit Seun abi?
Gates is already 58 years old and Buffet is 85. Even
OBJ outlived Paul Crouch and is still making waves at
over 80 or is he an example of a tither too?
Any business run well will last long my friend. Ford,
Benz, JPMorgan Chase,TATA, Disney, Eni, Shell,
Chevron etc have been existing for ages and they are
still here because they're well run not because of
Tithes.
Oceanic and Intercontinental were founded by
Notable tithers who not only lost their investments
but were convicted for stealing. What do you have to
say about that?

grin
Rockerfeller is dead and his grandson is almost 70!...

Google coalgate

Google Heinz

And you are here calling Buffet, Obj!

Take time to google Ford, Carl Benz, JP Morgan Chase you listed above

Those men had something in common in their Churches!

grin

BTW, we've derailed enough. I'm staying on topic hence forth

As for Cecelia ibru...go google her church! grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds: liars won't make it to heaven. Their destination is the lake of fire.

Proverbs 30:6 (KJV) 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

When I go to hell, you shd have enough time to ask Jesus for the answers you couldn't find in a 105 paged thread

grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

liars won't make it to heaven. Their destination is the lake of fire.

Blasphemy isn't a "victim-less crime." The blasphemer will be the victim of the wrath of God on a Judgment Day. Are you a blasphemer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.