Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142715 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Blasphemy isn't a "victim-less crime." The blasphemer will be the victim of the wrath of God on a Judgment Day. Are you a blasphemer?
No, I am not a blasphemer. Though I know you label me as such, you label me so falsely.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

No, I am not a blasphemer. Though I know you label me as such, you label me so falsely.

Have you blasphemed the name of the Lord lately, at least on this thread? cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Have you blasphemed the name of the Lord lately, at least on this thread? cool
no, I have not. Why should I?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

no, I have not. Why should I?

So you lie too?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

grin
Rockerfeller is dead and his grandson is almost 70!...

Google coalgate

Google Heinz

And you are here calling Buffet, Obj!

Take time to google Ford, Carl Benz, JP Morgan Chase you listed above

Those men had something in common in their Churches!

grin

And what did they have in common? Tithes? Rockefeller's Children remain rich but not near where Buffet operates today(He too came from a very rich father) and your devourers have still not caught up with him yet.

Even the Rockefeller you keep shouting about was more known for his giving to charitable causes than to the church. He gave because he was blessed, not because he wanted to be blessed. Even the churches he gave to spent the money on education etc that directly benefited the needy. This can't be said for your greedy church empires of today

BTW, we've derailed enough. I'm staying on topic hence forth

oh...you want to stay on topic? Of course you can't sustain the charade of non existent success associated with tithing today.

Sure you can't continue because it's a no brainer. There is absolutely nothing beneficial about your tithing of today as its only those who preside over the collections that smile to the banks.

As for Cecelia ibru...go google her church! grin

did she leave banking to start a church?? What of Akingbola? did he open a church as well?

Not that i'll be overtly surprised sha.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Gombs(m): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

So you lie too?

grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

So you lie too?
true to the nature of monetary teachers, you falsely accuse those of us who teach the truth. I have come to expect no less of you.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gombs:

So God now sent you and Candour and Goshen etc to liberate his flock from 'thieving pastors'?

But you never go and stop d mouths of atheists or gays or such, why only tithing?
so you agree that thieving pastors, atheists and gays are in the same league? Ehen, we qre getting somewhere. Apparently God has an answer for each group so they will be without excuse at the end.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

true to the nature of monetary teachers, you falsely accuse those of us who teach the truth. I have come to expect no less of you.

Did you not post the following blasphemy? Calling the name of the Lord in vain?

Mark Miwerds:

Nope, not me... Jesus.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

that was not blasphemy.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
My reply,"Nope, not me, ...Jesus" was in response to your question, "Who said they were not tithing money, you? "

Jesus said they tithed agricultural produce. (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42)

I did not blaspheme. You are doing the works of the devil by falsely accusing as you do. As I said before, I have come to expect no less from you.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Luke 18:9-14 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Why did the Pharisee in the parable not go to his house justified? Because he was a lying, self-righteous hypocrite. Much like those who think they are pleasing God with their receiving monetary tithes from those they deceive.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
I want to commend Mr Mark Miwerds in the light of this unnecasary prosecution by the OP. ever since Mark made that statemnt everyone understood him except OLAADEGBU and the Accuser, of course.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
DrummaBoy: I want to commend Mr Mark Miwerds in the light of this unnecasary prosecution by the OP. ever since Mark made that statemnt everyone understood him except OLAADEGBU and the Accuser, of course.
Thank you, DrummaBoy.
Olaadegbu has no valid argument with me. That is why he has to resort to false accusations.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Luke 18:9-14 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Why did the Pharisee in the parable not go to his house justified? Because he was a lying, self-righteous hypocrite. Much like those who think they are pleasing God with their receiving monetary tithes from those they deceive.

You are the one lying to yourself and against Jesus by saying that Jesus was not speaking reality when He said "I give tithes of all I possess" but now thinks it is reality when you need to quote that passage to attack your perceived opponents.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Thank you, DrummaBoy.
Olaadegbu has no valid argument with me. That is why he has to resort to false accusations.

When I accused you of blasphemy what did you say then? You didn't address it but you think is now convenient for you to stretch the truth.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You are the one lying to yourself and against Jesus by saying that Jesus was not speaking reality when He said "I give tithes of all I possess" but now thinks it is reality when you need to quote that passage to attack your perceived opponents.

Can you not read the Word of God, Olaadegbu?

The Word of God clearly says Jesus was speaking a parable. You say He was not.

The Bible is true. You are not.

It was a parable as the Bible says so.

And the parable says the Pharisee prayed with himself. Appears to me God didn't even hear his prayer because it was full of pride and lies.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

When I accused you of blasphemy what did you say then? You didn't address it but you think is now convenient for you to stretch the truth.
And once again, you lie against the truth. I did indeed address it. I said:

what is blasphemy is your wresting the Scriptures, twisting them to say what they were never intended to say.

The Bible told me it was a parable.

Luke 18:9 (KJV) 9 And[b]he spake this parable[/b] unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Luke 18:10 (KJV) 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Luke 18:11 (KJV) 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

Luke 18:12 (KJV) 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:13 (KJV) 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his bosom, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Luke 18:14 (KJV) 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Sorry, Olaadegbu, but Jesus did not teach your ungodly doctrine of monetary tithes. The only command He gave concerning tithes was tithes of garden product; mint, cummin, anise. You must add to the Word of God in order to have Jesus commanding tithes of money.

Proverbs 30:6 (KJV) 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 11:42 (KJV) 42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

No command to tithe money from the Lord's lips, only from the lips of those who add to His Word..

You used the verse that said the Law was until John. Yet, it is obvious you have no clue what that means. Even the verse you used in Matthew 23 proves Jesus was teaching the keeping of the Law.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jesus was teaching the Pharisees to keep the weightier matters of the Law.
Is lies the only thing you have in your heart, Olaadegbu? Because that is all I see coming out in your posts.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

so what is your verdict thou 'righteous judge'? Guilty i guess

Mosaic law says we should stone him to death, but what sayest thou 'infallible, pious and righteous judge'?

I laugh in tithes cheesy cheesy grin

We'll soon help you carve the law on tables of stone so you can carry it about like the burden its become to you

Pls Mark, dont let him get to you. when he has nothing to say, he starts looking for spelling mistakes, semantic errors etc or he starts twisting your words. I trust you know him enough by now to not be so bothered by him. Just keep your eyes on the ball and watch him run away

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Can you not read the Word of God, Olaadegbu?

The Word of God clearly says Jesus was speaking a parable. You say He was not.

The Bible is true. You are not.

It was a parable as the Bible says so.

And the parable says the Pharisee prayed with himself. Appears to me God didn't even hear his prayer because it was full of pride and lies.

That the scriptures says Jesus spoke a parable doesn't mean He said what was not true. Jesus used earthly realities to explain heavenly truths. Stop telling lies against Jesus.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

As the days go by and the more we read your comments, the more it becomes manifest by the light that you are not really what you make yourself out to be.

You parade yourself as a minister of light but resort to accusations, judging Gods children and sometimes outright ridicule. Sometimes I really wonder who you serve.

Recently , even babies in Christ took a step back and warned you about the endless diabolical and demonically inspired visions of hell and heaven you kept promoting on this site over a few weeks , but you stubbornly resisted thinking you knew it all and thereby attempting to overthrow their faith. A shame really.

Now you promote Creflo dollar the same man that jokingly said he will mass shoot non-tithers in his congregation, you also support TBN a ministry that has aligned itself with false teachers like Kenneth Copeland who called God a failure.

Mate, you need to learn some humility and go back to the feet of Jesus, it appears that you have this confidence that deeperlife membership makes you acceptable in Gods sight, not at all.

Repent from your deception.

cool

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
frosbel:

As the days go by and the more we read your comments, the more it becomes manifest by the light that you are not really what you make yourself out to be.

You parade yourself as a minister of light but resort to accusations, judging Gods children and sometimes outright ridicule. Sometimes I really wonder who you serve.

Recently , even babies in Christ took a step back and warned you about the endless diabolic and demonically inspired visions of hell and heaven, you kept promoting on this site over a few weeks , but you stubbornly resisted thereby attempting to over throw their faith. A shame really.

Now you promote Creflo dollar the same man that jokingly said he will mass shoot non-tithers in his congregation, you also support TBN a ministry that has aligned itself with false teachers like Kenneth Copeland who called God a failure.

Mate, you need to learn some humility and go back to the feet of Jesus, it appears that you have this confidence that deeperlife membership makes you acceptable in Gods sight, not at all.

cool

That is your prescription, you will do well if you use it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Candour:

Pls Mark, dont let him get to you. when he has nothing to say, he starts looking for spelling mistakes, semantic errors etc or he starts twisting your words. I trust you know him enough by now to not be so bothered by him. Just keep your eyes on the ball and watch him run away

all the marks of a heart saturated with Pride.

sad

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
frosbel:

Recently , even babies in Christ took a step back and warned you about the endless diabolical and demonically inspired visions of hell and heaven you kept promoting on this site over a few weeks , but you stubbornly resisted thinking you knew it all and thereby attempting to overthrow their faith. A shame really.

cool
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/12/ab/09/12ab090c8d5af32fc4ace454885ab821.jpg
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
frosbel:

all the marks of a heart saturated with Pride.

sad

You don't have to be a poltroon for the rest of your life. cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
Candour:

so what is your verdict thou 'righteous judge'? Guilty i guess

Mosaic law says we should stone him to death, but what sayest thou 'infallible, pious and righteous judge'?

I laugh in tithes cheesy cheesy grin

We'll soon help you carve the law on tables of stone so you can carry it about like the burden its become to you

Don't be a quidnunc. You can make better use of your time.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

And once again, you lie against the truth. I did indeed address it. I said:

Is lies the only thing you have in your heart, Olaadegbu? Because that is all I see coming out in your posts.

Get an afterlife!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I want to commend Mr Mark Miwerds in the light of this unnecasary prosecution by the OP. ever since Mark made that statemnt everyone understood him except OLAADEGBU and the Accuser, of course.

Don't be tendentious. Get an afterlife. tongue
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Get an afterlife!
already have one. It's with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Repent of your wickedness and you will enjoy the same.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be a quidnunc. You can make better use of your time.

Is it English lesson time? Keep running to the dictionary for succor.

Don't bother about my time bro.....It cost me nothing....absolutely nothing.

I'll always have time to puncture your lies whenever you show up with them.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
Tithe teachers rob youth of their college funds

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
Candour:

Is it English lesson time? Keep running to the dictionary for succor.

Don't bother about my time bro.....It cost me nothing....absolutely nothing.

I'll always have time to puncture your lies whenever you show up with them.

Get an afterlife!

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.